Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review (5352 Views)

Please Help !!! My Galaxy S7 Edge Keeps Showing This. / Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images. / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Price Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2023
Well... most asked me to cancel my order - but curiosity got the better of me.
After all it's just less than $150 so why not take the risk?

Anyways just to tell you I loving this device which I ordered from konga.

Although it took exactly 10 days to arrive - and they could've literally brought it on the 5th day but I believe they had a minor logistics issue.

Gosh the device is fire 🔥 😍

The screen is so damn too good to be true.

The phone is a RENEWED DEVICE (I am more than okay with that fact, I expected it to be so)

Complete accessories in the box, including the actual and real phone manual.

The phone has NFC feature.

I haven't even peeled the plastic off it, I don't see no airbubbles in the back and front of the phone to show its factory renewed and not repackaged as most had suggested.

Guess what? It's a USA VARIANT with the SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR.

Everything about this phone is dope, the battery is legit new and very strong, though I need to get a powerbank asap to maintain the battery health - please recommend one? Is new age 22k mAh alright?

I am beyond satisfied with the phone so far! Value for money and trust me guys even the galaxy A24 which goes for 200k doesn't come anywhere near this flagship beast.

I can't understand why anyone would see old samsung flagship and go for latest transsision, redmi, etc 😁😁

6 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

Although it took exactly 10 days to arrive - and they could've literally brought it on the 5th day but I believe they had a minor logistics issue.

The phone is a RENEWED DEVICE (I am more than okay with that fact, I expected it to be so)

I haven't even peeled the plastic off it, I don't see no airbubbles in the back and front of the phone to show its factory renewed and not repackaged as most had suggested.

Everything about this phone is dope, the battery is legit new and very strong, though I need to get a powerbank asap to maintain the battery health - please recommend one? Is new age 22k mAh alright?

I am beyond satisfied with the phone so far! Value for money and trust me guys even the galaxy A24 which goes for 200k doesn't come anywhere near this flagship beast.

I can't understand why anyone would see old samsung flagship and go for latest transsision, redmi, etc 😁😁
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Phranx1: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
Which site U order from? Plus how much e cost U in naira total.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by NFBI: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

The phone has NFC feature.

If it falls down and the screen spoil kiss it goodbye except you are ready to cough out 70 to 80k for the screen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by YouandiAllofus: 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2023
NFBI:
If it falls down and the screen spoil kiss it goodbye except you are ready to cough out 70 to 80k for the screen
I'm telling you.
Na watin completely park my s9 till date. As I felt it was better to do topup to that amount and get another decent phone until I was ready to get another recent flagship

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by NFBI: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2023
YouandiAllofus:

I'm telling you.
Na watin completely park my s9 till date. As I felt it was better to do topup to that amount and get another decent phone until I was ready to get another recent flagship
You may not even repair it again because you will feel it's an old phone already.. 5yrs old phone

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by YouandiAllofus: 12:03am On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
You may not even repair it again because you will feel it's an old phone already.. 5yrs old phone
Korret dat
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by zanshi: 1:23am On Aug 20, 2023
Was my old phone loved everybit of it including the UI
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 2:08am On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
why are you guys so negative?

So we should stop buying good things because the replacement costs? A child born today can die and the parents will give birth to another one.

I have had a Samsung for years and I can't remember when one fell not to talk of crashing. My current phone is almost two years and I am a welder yet nothing has happened to it. I don't even use tempered glass cause I find it diminishing the quality of the screen. I can not buy a phone for hundreds and then use mumu glass ruin the viewing experience.

To op, enjoy your phone and if you damage the screen, you work hard and buy another phone. Person no die

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by coldzobo: 6:29am On Aug 20, 2023
michlins:

So we should stop buying good things because the replacement costs? A child born today can die and the parents will give birth to another one.

I have had a Samsung for years and I can't remember when one fell not to talk of crashing. My current phone is almost two years and I am a welder yet nothing has happened to it. I don't even use tempered glass cause I find it diminishing the quality of the screen. I can not buy a phone for hundreds and then use mumu glass ruin the viewing experience.

To op, enjoy your phone and if you damage the screen, you work hard and buy another phone. Person no die
Op alt account
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 6:48am On Aug 20, 2023
coldzobo:

Op alt account

I have no idea who the owner of that account is but all he spits are facts

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2023
To add to my review, the speakers on this device are so loud, clear and crisp.

The features embedded in the Samsung experience UI isn't even available in modern midrange phones.

I can already tell I made the perfect choice with this phone, not to add that I feel the device is way better than iPhone X, XR and XS at a way cheaper price.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 6:51am On Aug 20, 2023
Phranx1:
Which site U order from? Plus how much e cost U in naira total.

110k for the phone, shipping was 6k, total 116k. I bought it from AwesomeGod gadgets Konga

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by DanielsParker(m): 6:55am On Aug 20, 2023
What site did you order from
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by jeromestarks: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2023
It will depart from you in less than a week.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by brain54(m): 7:35am On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
I kissed mine goodbye…

Funny thing is I coughed out money to change the screen and then exactly 2 weeks later the screen went bad again.

I was told they sold me chinko screen. I should cough out another 90k to get the original screen.

This was about 3 years back. I just jejely pack the phone. I still keep it as a souvenir though.

I have at least 4 Samsung phone with screen issues.

The last time I wanted to change my phone a sales guy at the shop brought out a Samsung phone and was trying to market it for me to buy.

I didn’t even look at it… I told him not to bother as I don’t want anything Samsung.

Samsungs are good phones and I love it.

If I was to get another in future I will definitely use a protective glass!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by jeromestarks: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2023
michlins:

Which model is your current phone?
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2023
jeromestarks:

Which model is your current phone?
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Tyg3rFvry:

I have no idea who the owner of that account is but all he spits are facts
like you think everyone has the time to have multiple accounts on social media

4 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by NFBI: 7:55am On Aug 20, 2023
michlins:

That is you, you can have money for screen replacement not everyone does
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by NFBI: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2023
brain54:

I kissed mine goodbye…

Funny thing is I coughed out money to change the screen and then exactly 2 weeks later the screen went bad again.

I was told they sold me chinko screen. I should cough out another 90k to get the original screen.

This was about 3 years back. I just jejely pack the phone. I still keep it as a souvenir though.

I have at least 4 Samsung phone with screen issues.

The last time I wanted to change my phone a sales guy at the shop brought out a Samsung phone and was trying to market it for me to buy.

I didn’t even look at it… I told him not to bother as I don’t want anything Samsung.

Samsungs are good phones and I love it.

If I was to get another in future I will definitely use a protective glass!
Others will not agree to this fact 👍

But you have said it all
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
That is you, you can have money for screen replacement not everyone does
there's no reason to replace your screen when it breaks. Being careful is very important. If and when anything happens, get another phone. It's simple like that

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by NFBI: 8:08am On Aug 20, 2023
michlins:
there's no reason to replace your screen when it breaks. Being careful is very important. If and when anything happens, get another phone. It's simple like that
And what happen to the Samsung that is not upto 4 months?

Remember not everyone has money to be buying phone every month
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by mactoni91(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2023
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
And what happen to the Samsung that is not upto 4 months?

Remember not everyone has money to be buying phone every month
buy what you can afford to lose

Don't go use your life savings buy something

5 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Itsrm(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2023
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2023
jeromestarks:
It will depart from you in less than a week.
You dey plan to thief am abi?
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by zeeace(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2023
Great phone really. My old phone before it was taken away from me at gun point. But s9plus is a little too old at this time.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2023
zeeace:
Great phone really. My old phone before it was taken away from me at gun point. But s9plus is a little too old at this time.

Chai sorry bro that's a terrible experience.

The hardware is far better than current midrange phones.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Norman4real(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2023
I can't imagine myself being hyped over a Samsung s9 in 2023. I get it's still a good performer but it's not even worth talking about. Come back in a few months and tell us about the battery drain and overheating

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 9:36am On Aug 20, 2023
Norman4real:
I can't imagine myself being hyped over a Samsung s9 in 2023. I get it's still a good performer but it's not even worth talking about. Come back in a few months and tell us about the battery drain and overheating
Lol you don't have to be bitter about it. There's literally no point for your comment and nobody asked for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Norman4real(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

Lol you don't have to be bitter about it. There's literally no point for your comment and nobody asked for it.
I'm not bitter, lol. I'm being very realistic. It's got a small battery, and that sd845 is going to heat up seriously when it's actually put to task. I'm not here to hate.
Just enjoy the display and average camera quality coz that's all that phone has left to offer after 5yrs.
Don't even bother heavy gaming if you want it to last you a year or two.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sony Opens Underwater Store In Dubai(Full Pictures) / How To Restore Deleted Pictures On The HIOS Tecno(c7,c9,j8) / For Those Using MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.