Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy (8044 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by cutecommend: 12:03am On Aug 20, 2023
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness.

But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy.

I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

God gives holiness grace to those who truly needed it!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by 4KNGOATS(m): 2:55am On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness..
But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy. I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

Can xtians be holly? I don't think so. Fornications, alcoholism,gambling,drugs are just but few things that has ravaged christenity in the zoo nation. Most Ngerian Christians are far from holiness.And yet the most annoying part of it all is that they can disturb the fking hell out of helpless neighbors who are trying to get some sleeps during the weekend with their useless noises.i was so annoyed one occations that I felt like walking into one of the church in our area,grabbing the Mike from one mad drunkard called pastor and ramming it hard into his 4kn throat.

6 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because they have soft spot for sin or worldliness..
But the major reason why many christians are not holy is because they do not have passion or hunger or thirst for holiness. Imagine how you have passion for football or passion for betting or passion for your career. Imagine the addictions you have to certain things..Now imagine having passion and hunger to be holy. I tell you, if you spend 2 months of desperation, praying hard and trying to be holy, God will see that you are truly interested in being holy, and He will give you grace and ease to live a holy life. Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".
God of Scripture said He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unholy and unrighteous. (The prayers, petitions, praises, offerings, seeds, etc., of the unholy/unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and are hence an abomination to God.) So where do you get the idea that by offering a months worth of abomination prayers to God, God will then respond and give you anything? Is that any different from proclaiming that God is not only a liar but a fool easily swayed by the whims and rituals of men? undecided

The reason Christians cannot approach God's holiness has to do with the fact that they all follow lies -- doctrines and traditions of men(their pastors and mogs) -‐-- rather than the Truth of God. Holiness can only be attained by way of absolute adherence to the Truth of God which all who cling to religion are far away from. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36am On Aug 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Can xtians be holly?

The adjective "HOLY" means "PUREST" or "BEST OF IT'S KIND"
Out of all the Gods known throughout the earth the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob claimed He is HOLY! Isaiah 48:17
What is the evidence that this God is truly worthy of such claim?

He also called His first organized worshipers "HOLY" Exodus 19:6

What quantify that nation as HOLY?

If we know answers to all these questions then we can figure out if the followers of a first century young Jewish carpenter named Jesus of Nazareth can be Holy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by BirtherOfKings(f): 5:20am On Aug 20, 2023
The only reason is difficult is because they are are trying to do it from their flesh
When you have the Holy Spirit and walk with him consciously, the taste for it will die naturally. You are chopping God word everyday, the space for unholiness can't remain ..pls go for a thicker more intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, the gain is more than holiness..I see holiness like the perfume of my lover, it cant help but be on me since I spend most time with him

Send me a text so I can show u how to start this relationship with the Holy Spirit..u will laugh like Sarah this year

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2023
cutecommend:

This is churchgoers, not Christians.

A Christian is one who knows that it is a must to have a passion for holiness. That is even the first test and requirement to be a Christian to.wit-"be ye holy as i am holy/seek ye first, ...His Righteousness"

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Dtruthspeaker: 6:30am On Aug 20, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
The only reason is difficult is because they are are trying to do it from their flesh
When you have the Holy Spirit and walk with him consciously, the taste for it will die naturally. You are chopping God word everyday, the space for unholiness can't remain ..pls go for a thicker more intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, the gain is more than holiness..I[b] see holiness like the perfume of my lover, it cant help but be on me[/b] since I spend most time with him

Send me a text so I can show u how to start this relationship with the Holy Spirit..u will laugh like Sarah this year

Your words sound correct yet some things are wrong in them.

I can feel the corruption in it.

What you are saying is that you are only getting a whiff of holiness but you have not yet changed to be holy.

Meanwhile The Commandment is "Be holy" and not swallowing the scent of Holiness of another Person.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:29am On Aug 20, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Your words sound correct yet some things are wrong in them.

I can feel the corruption in it.

What you are saying is that you are only getting a whiff of holiness but you have not yet changed to be holy.

Meanwhile The Commandment is "Be holy" and not swallowing the scent of Holiness of another Person.

ask for more clarification and not show your ignorance here

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by OkCornel(m): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2023
You can only be prone to sinful vices the moment your mind is focused on it.

You can’t think of sex when a lion is chasing you.

That’s human nature for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Holy kwa?

How can any Christian be holy?
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by hecepap: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2023
99%
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Thundafireseun: 10:31am On Aug 20, 2023
The only reason why Christain’s find it difficult to live a holy life is because they fooooooolishly believe in Grace .A lot of Christain’s believe you could sin a million times and still get away with it once you ask God for forgiveness undecided

I know a pastor that will tell his members don’t do as I do …. But do as I say because you don’t have the kinda Grace and anointing in me

It’s easier for Both Muslims and Jews to live a more holy life because they are under the law

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Theama(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2023
Hmm

Grace is really needed in all things (by strength shall no man prevail), it's supernatural/God-given strength. Normal strength can't sustain walking in Holiness, even when one has desires to do so.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Adesina18111(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2023
I think the first thing you need to emphasize on is Difference between CHURCH GOERS and CHRISTIANS...do this first then you can proceed
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
When you have the Holy Spirit and walk with him consciously, the taste for it will die naturally. You are chopping God word everyday, the space for unholiness can't remain ..pls go for a thicker more intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, the gain is more than holiness..I see holiness like the perfume of my lover, it cant help but be on me since I spend most time with him

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by mukthar2000(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2023
One major reason why many christians find it difficult to be holy is because

So that they can be sleeping with members wife within the church, and pastors , bishop will be able to lodge singles and marriage ladies in hotel room.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by kelvincoke(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2023
May God help us all
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2023
Dont confuse yourself.

Holy simply means without sin, or godly.

MaxInDHouse:

The adjective "HOLY" means "PUREST" or "BEST OF IT'S KIND"
Out of all the Gods known throughout the earth the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob claimed He is HOLY! Isaiah 48:17
What is the evidence that this God is truly worthy of such claim?

He also called His first organized worshipers "HOLY" Exodus 19:6

What quantify that nation as HOLY?

If we know answers to all these questions then we can figure out if the followers of a first century young Jewish carpenter named Jesus of Nazareth can be Holy.

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Nazgul: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2023
I'm here to learn.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Akeem79(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
ask for more clarification and not show your ignorance here

Nobody is holy
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2023
Just trust in God and always strive to put God first, we cannot be holy by ourselves or our effort. I am not holy, But thanks be to God, for his righteousness, which has become my righteousness, if the spirit of God dwells in you and you follow Jesus, then you would grow from strength to strength and from glory to glory, have complete confidence in God, he is the porter and we are the clay. Therefore Give God the glory.

Everything we have and have become, we have been given and prepared for, it is not really by our strength, therefore it is good to rely on God and to wait for upon his promises. Have complete confidence in him despite all circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Quality20(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2023
Howcan a woman be holy when pastors are busy phuking them in churches
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by tuzle(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2023
Simply because sin is sweet in the short run
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Truefaith: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2023
Tufgd
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Jewessgratitud3: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2023
Yeah true.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2023
No one is holy, not even the writer, and not even the accusers on the thread. Anyone who claims their holiness is lying and is self deceiving.

This is why God showed his love on the Cross, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life and that we will produce good fruits, since we are grafted in.

The work is finished on the cross, if you believe then you are saved, and his righteousness has been impacted upon you, that means you no longer love sin, although you are still flesh, you are also born of the Spirit, and the Spirit, contends with the flesh, let us present ourselves as instruments of righteousness.

Since you are still flesh and governed by the elemental forces, you struggle with Sin, yet you have the Holy One in the highest heavens, who intercedes for you, and you can always go to the presence of God because the blood of Jesus speaks for you even better than the blood of Abel. Therefore let us put on the armor of God, that we may be able to withstand the devil and the arrows of the evil one.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, beloved, but against principalities and powers of this evil age.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by 900warriorz: 11:03am On Aug 20, 2023
May God help us
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by vicardino(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2023
The problem many believers have dealing with sin is that they have sin consciousness and still don't understand what really transpired when they gave their lives to Christ. Sin is a product of a certain nature called the nature of Satan, this nature was what was introduced into Adam when he ate the forbidden fruit that corrupted him and every man inherited it, but the moment you give your life to Christ, there's an exchange of nature, an exchange of life. The sin nature in your old you gets exchanged for the Nature of righteousness (God's nature), your old life gets exchanged for the new. Christ takes your old sinful nature away and also your old life away, he gives you God's nature which is that of righteousness and God's life which is ZOE.

This new life and nature is what gives many believers problem because they don't know how to live the new life and manifest the new nature of righteousness. The manual for the new life is the scripture and the teacher/guide for the new life is the Holy Spirit. Without these two, believers will only be TRYING to be holy not knowing that they are already the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and only need to learn how to be what God has called them by looking at the life of Jesus through the scripture.

That a believer slips into sin doesn't make him a sinner, I know how controversial this sounds and I'm not advocating that believers can sin or be sinning with reckless abandon or that when a believer is sinning, grace covers him, NOOOOO. All I'm saying is if a believer slips into a sin, that doesn't make him a sinner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2023
Akeem79:

Nobody is holy
hahahahahaha..lies from the pit of hell, it's like saying nobody is rich grin grin grin enter a relationship with the Holy Spirit, d IDAN of holiness so it can become your new way of.life
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by Annahh(f): 11:10am On Aug 20, 2023
They don't have the fear of God, if you have the fear of God, you will be holy, the grace to be holy is there, tap into that grace.
Re: Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy by SeriouslySense(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2023
I may not agree 100 percent with what you wrote because i am prone to errors, but i see the bolded part is clear and is true.

we have not yet being transformed completed, so we still have the flesh to contend with, i cannot say we are not sinners, or we are sinners.

But God righteousness is imbedded into us, or i believe the Spirit of God sanctifies us, and helps us to be aware of our sins and gives us strength to resist and equips us to overcome it.

Now i may be wrong, the only standard is the word of God and you are right the ultimate teacher is God himself. Who speaks to his children like a father would correct his children.

Some children easily listen, others take a longer time, and some don't listen.

vicardino:
The problem many believers have dealing with sin is that they have sin consciousness and still don't understand what really transpired when they gave their lives to Christ. Sin is a product of a certain nature called the nature of Satan, this nature was what was introduced into Adam when he ate the forbidden fruit that corrupted him and every man inherited it, but the moment you give your life to Christ, there's an exchange of nature, an exchange of life. The sin nature in your old you gets exchanged for the Nature of righteousness (God's nature), your old life gets exchanged for the new. Christ takes your old sinful nature away and also your old life away, he gives you God's nature which is that of righteousness and God's life which is ZOE.

This new life and nature is what gives many believers problem because they don't know how to live the new life and manifest the new nature of righteousness. The manual for the new life is the scripture and the teacher/guide for the new life is the Holy Spirit. Without these two, believers will only be [b]TRYING to be holy not knowing that they are already the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and only need to learn how to be what God has called them by looking at the life of Jesus through the scripture. [/b]

That a believer slips into sin doesn't make him a sinner, I know how controversial this sounds and I'm not advocating that believers can sin or be sinning with reckless abandon or that when a believer is sinning, grace covers him, NOOOOO. All I'm saying is if a believer slips into a sin, that doesn't make him a sinner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Pleases God? - Andrew Wommack / Biblical Interpretations On Homosexuality. / Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.