Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever (22515 Views)

Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi / Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / Spain Win Copa Lagos Beach Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Westman001: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
Upon England women ruggedness they con allow these Latinos beauties to dismantled them. cheesy

All the BBC pundits noise,, It's coming home, it's coming home.. It's coming home don cross over.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by TheSuperX(m): 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2023
Congratulations to spain
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Kaido: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
In as much as i want England to win, Spain came with focus, determination and hunger. The trophy rests well in the hand of those deservedly merited
it. Congratulations Spain!
You sound like Peter Drury
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by CSTRR: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
The final was a replay of Chelsea versus Barcelona
The women Champions league final.

2 Likes

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Abdulmumin412(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
samwillyco1:
Congratulations to them. Happy Sunday to everybody.

First to comment for the first time, and its Sunday afternoon.

Infact, I will do giveaway if Chelsea losses today's match.
Surely Chelsea will loss
0136829493 gtb
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Thislifesef: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
So, women has won what penaldo couldn't win.
These Spanish women are living ronaldo"s dream.
I'm angry undecided embarassed cry cry
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
samwillyco1:

Ok cool

Chelsea don loose
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Myer(m): 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Numerouno94:
Spain is class.

They simply outplayed England.

They played a wonderful and mind blowing tiki-taka to destroy and confuse the Lioness, they reminded me of Pep's free flowing tiki-taka while at Barca during the days of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Why re my surprised? 6 Barca players re in this team.

Wat a dominant performance from Spain.
Up Spain.
England was a worthy adversary. But the Best (Wo)men won. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by DanielsParker(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
EmiDon11:
MY CRUSHS:

»»»Michelle Alozie of Nigeria.

»»»Salma Parellulo of Spain.

»»»Esmee Brugts of Netherland.

My crush is Stanway
And Renard of France
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Prenonjebose: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
They were very good in their tiki taka passing game. Their passes were a delight to watch. They controlled large swathes of the game. Congratulations to them

2 Likes

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by bencr7: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
Beat nigeria in any world cup match,and u reach d final u will lose.
Italy lost against Brazil in 1994,in that world cup they beat nigeria knock out stage, Argentina lost to Germany in 2014, in that world cup they beat Nigeria in group stage, Croatia did d same in 2018 beating Nigeria,lost d final to France,now it is d turn of England women team to lose to Spain after beating in nigeria knock out by (pen).
Na Barcelona get Spain football team, male won in 2010 with more Barca line up players and now d female team won with more barca line up players.

4 Likes

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by isycollins(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
Congratulations to them, I said it Spain will carry the cup
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
I never thought Spain would win. I had hoped the magnificent Japan team that beat Spain 4-0 in the group stage would win the competition. But the Swedish were just too tactical against them.
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by extol1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
EmiDon11:
MY CRUSHS:

»»»Michelle Alozie of Nigeria.

»»»Salma Parellulo of Spain.

»»»Esmee Brugts of Netherland.
U too like better things
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Cajal(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2023
Numerouno94:
Spain is class.

They simply outplayed England.

They played a wonderful and mind blowing tiki-taka to destroy and confuse the Lioness, they reminded me of Pep's free flowing tiki-taka while at Barca during the days of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Why re my surprised? 6 Barca players re in this team.

Wat a dominant performance from Spain.
Football was made in England but being played in Spain
Spanish style of football is a joy to watch
Under 17 word cup winners..women
Under 18 world cup winners 🏆women
Now the senior team women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by bencr7: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2023
Yankee101:
For the way England cheated nigeria, good job Spain
how did they cheat nigeria,they were reduce to 10 women for 30 min,u did not used d advantage to win them but hoping for pen but lost.
Sometimes make una dey reason well.

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Atlantis585: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2023
Well-deserved victory. UK deserved to lose and I am happy they did. When you show absolute lake of respect for an opposing player from Naija by using her as stomping mat or foot mat nothing will make me happier than to see the team lose. My only regret is that they did not lose by a bigger margin.

To Team UK and their supporters, ntooor!

Good bye to them and good riddance! grin

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by otokx(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Infact Nigeria was the only difficult match England played but Spain went through difficult matches. They played Japan which is a great team with potentials of lifting the cup. Japan actually won Spain in the group stage. Spain played against the Neds another great team, as well as the Sweds who have reached the semifinals a good number of times.

The beauty of the Spanish team's success story is about the coach who had to assemble this particular winning team in a short while because they original players that should have represented Spain chose not to play for Spain because the Spanish FA did not subscribe to their bidding which was, they wanted the coach to be sacked.
Only 3 players from the original played in this world cup.

Spain wins 1-0.

I'm so happy for Salma Paralluelo , the Spanish Guinean who used to be an athlete but turned footballer. Specialized in hurdles.

We weren't opportuned to play female soccer. May be I would have tried my legs too on the football pitch instead of track and field. I'm so happy for Spain.

More so, Spain are the current world champions in the female u-17, u-20 and now the senior world cup of which Salma Paralluelo was a key player in all of this and who was born in 2003.

Spain along side Germany are the only countries that has won both the men and women's world cup.

That is astonishing! cheesy. I'm so happy for Spain.

A very interesting world cup. I love the Reggae girls of Jamaica too, very much inspired by Bob Marley's daughter. Above all I love our supper falcons. They made us proud.

Always remember, life is full of challenges. It is only the untalented and lazy minded that use challenges and problems as an excuse for not succeeding.

An interesting expose

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by devoutpraise: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Infact Nigeria was the only difficult match England played but Spain went through difficult matches. They played Japan which is a great team with potentials of lifting the cup. Japan actually won Spain in the group stage. Spain played against the Neds another great team, as well as the Sweds who have reached the semifinals a good number of times.

The beauty of the Spanish team's success story is about the coach who had to assemble this particular winning team in a short while because they original players that should have represented Spain chose not to play for Spain because the Spanish FA did not subscribe to their bidding which was, they wanted the coach to be sacked.
Only 3 players from the original played in this world cup.

Spain wins 1-0.

I'm so happy for Salma Paralluelo , the Spanish Guinean who used to be an athlete but turned footballer. Specialized in hurdles.

We weren't opportuned to play female soccer. May be I would have tried my legs too on the football pitch instead of track and field. I'm so happy for Spain.

More so, Spain are the current world champions in the female u-17, u-20 and now the senior world cup of which Salma Paralluelo was a key player in all of this and who was born in 2003.

Spain along side Germany are the only countries that has won both the men and women's world cup.

That is astonishing! cheesy. I'm so happy for Spain.

A very interesting world cup. I love the Reggae girls of Jamaica too, very much inspired by Bob Marley's daughter. Above all I love our supper falcons. They made us proud.

Always remember, life is full of challenges. It is only the untalented and lazy minded that use challenges and problems as an excuse for not succeeding.
Thanks so much for this enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by vikono(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2023
I've discovered that anytime Barcelona FC either male or female is dominating European football, Spain always have football success

Barca Male
2008-2012
Spain
2008 - Euro Cup
2010 - World Cup
2012 - Euro Cup

Barca Female
2019-2023
2023 - World cup

When you check the stats of the various players involve in the competition, you will definitely know that:

BARCELONA FC is SPAIN and SPAIN is BARCELONA FC

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
devoutpraise:
Thanks so much for this enlightenment

You are welcome.
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
otokx:

An interesting expose

Very interesting.
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Illegal1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2023
samwillyco1:

omoh.........senior man abeg i fit drop my acct number,jst incase chelsea lose,and i pray dey lose...
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by ppogba: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2023
It is no longer coming home.

For how long will England wait for another world cup after DUBIOUS '66?

At least, the whole world will rest now and the british media can look for something else to feast on.

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Streetmovement(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Well deserved

congratulations to em
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by ppogba: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
I never thought Spain would win. I had hoped the magnificent Japan team that beat Spain 4-0 in the group stage would win the competition. But the Swedish were just too tactical against them.

I expected them to win.
They are far more tactical and individually technical.

The English players are just "street wise" when it comes to the game of football.

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by TruthinAction: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
MyExpression:
England reach final?!

So if to say we beat England, na we for play final?!

Damn!

(Some Nigerian reasoning)

Just my thought. But we need a world class coach and investment to get there. It is very possible.

1 Like

Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by IbileIfe: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
Lauren James and Chloe Kelly should have started with Alessia Russo and Lauren Hemp in the first half of the match. And there was no reason to substitute Russo.

Manager, Sarina Wiegman and her assistant manager Arjan Veurink caused the defeat of the Lionesses, because of their shortcomings in the technical rationale for the tactics to use

I love Lauren James
Re: Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever by Akhimiemona(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
samwillyco1:

Chelsea to loose ldey should in case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho Voted Leicester’s Man Of The Match After Wonder Goal Vs Crystal Palace / Osayi-Samuel defends Self, Teammates Against Pitch Invader In Fenebarche's Win / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.