Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,551 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? (8323 Views)

Bracket - International Baby [VIDEO] / Video: Bracket – Beautiful Baby Ft. Flavour / Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2011
[size=28pt]MO'HITS ALL DA WAY! cool cool[/size]
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by yesboss20(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
In my opinion, bracket is good but not so good. If you're talking about top ten artistes right now, I'd put up IBK-Spaceshipboi, Tubaba, Naeto C, Bez Idakula, Lindsey and some others I can't presently recall. In addition, Bez is really good. Check out "more you."
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Gbenge77(m): 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
Definitely not.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by kossydiba(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
i can c dat most of u naira landers dont knw a shit abt music. Hw can som1 wit his normal senses rate bracket's Me n u song of d year? or it seems my eyes re playing tricks on me. Maybe i should reload d page again 2 c if wat is writen is actually dbange's oliver twist cuz dat 'll be a bit more preferable 4 my eyes. Let me reload d page. brb
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
kossydiba:

i can c dat most of u naira landers dont knw a poo abt music. Hw can som1 wit his normal senses rate bracket's Me n u song of d year? [b]or it seems my eyes re playing tricks on me. Maybe i should reload d page again [/b]2 c if wat is writen is actually dbange's oliver twist cuz dat 'll be a bit more preferable 4 my eyes. Let me reload d page. brb

grin grin grin grin

btw Oliver is wack
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
If we are talking music YES!!!!!!!! @orikanla just gave the perfect rundown of Nigeria music but bros abeg, take am easy lol.
What people prefer in Nigerian music is trashy slangs from after effect of ganga and the usual repetition. Blame illiteracy.
Who is Jaywon, Bez and the rest?
Btw, did someone just slip 'oliver twist' into this discussion? Smh! You need to be banished from having anything to do with music for life for that comment alone. Poor and ratchet music taste at its finest.
2011 = 'Me and You >
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by romeo(m): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
Orikinla:

It is only in the land of dummies like Nigeria that any clown who can mime becomes a hip hop star. The live shows of the so called Nigerian hip hop stars are not better than shows by high school pupils in performace class in America. What most them call songs do not qualify as songs but slogans and jargons voiced by autotune and laid over pirated and modified music from American and European Pop and Hip hop singers. Lip syching is not Song writing. The best groups in Nigeria have bands and they play live plugged or unplugged and they know themselves and those who know music know them. And not your hip hop clowns who keep on recycling lyrics of their ditties on the sexuality of their Bimbos and pay hungry and greedy DJs and VJs to play them in constant rotation on radio and TV and they soon claim hip hop stardom among their fellow clowns and morons who cannot pass auditions for Project Fame or Naija Sings. Their live shows are amateurish and pathetic.

Did you try to be one of them and failed? You sound so bitter!!
what you want in music is not what another person want. I hate live bands and such bullshits and there are people that prefer Ogene and ekwe sounds to guitar and piano if you care to know. The present generation like autotune bro, quit it already lol
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
mr globe u obviously know nothing about music in general.not just nigerian music 4 u to say bracket is the best.if you r going to rate top 10 for vocals or songs, i dont think they will make it.maybe they'l be 11.BRACKET?na wa o.dont force ur assumptions or beliefs down our throats,
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
and orikinla, u are DUMMY number 1
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
this is competition for song of the year, Me & You no follow

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s-gD1gho8Y[/flash]
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
ogwulumba:
I think bracket are rili not get much publicity. Maybe cus they r still students and hv not moved 2 lagos whr it's bubling cool

Mr. Globe:
@Tinynita couldn't have said it any better. Ok, so the guys are still in school and they are not based in lagos yet? Hmmm

Vast and Smash are both out of school. Vast and Smash are both based in Lagos. So that's not the issue lol.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by sley4life(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
they are good but not the best
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
SMH @ this thing called Nigeria and its illiterate population. Thats why we are regurlarly clowned overseas. The only country where someone would prefer miming over live music? Smh. Why dont you buy the cd and slot it in instead!!! The taste and quality of music here is extremely low and all these groupie du.mmies are just 'vibing' because they believe its their own thing.
I said if Bracket is not the best, bring out the best then and only one person has been bringing irrelevant people. If his not the best, then bring the best or are they in heaven?
People are scared of throwing whizkid, psquare, terry g, mohits etc here because we all know the truth. They are gimmicks and dont have the talent. You guys need some exposure
since nobody wants to bring an alternative
'Me and You' - >
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Abimbade: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
lets appreciate them all at least we have one we call our own if u love foreign musics then go over there and buy their cds no wahala but i think i love them all,
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by nodullin(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
Tinynita:

P Square is over rated.
They r nt good musicians.
They gat no good lyrics.
Their rhyme is like dat of kids i.e saying words lyk heh heh, ahh ahh, diee diee, highh highh and oda tins kids sing in their song.  
They keep doing d same tin in all their album.
Their duet ain't good.
Bracket is beta than them anytime anyday.
Bracket rocks while P Square sucks

u must b a joker grin grin>> who brings more repetition than Bracket>> Yori Yori, Mueh Mueh>>>  ada oweriee yeahh, ada owerri yeaahhh>>> those guyz are just singin marketable songs>> they are definitely not the best
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Tinynita(f): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
Whoeva mentioned Oliver twist is definitely a joker.
Oliver twist is wack.
I wonder y people dance 2 dat wack song.
@no dulling P Square has been singing longer than Bracket and if u ask me who repeats more, it's definitely P Square.
They have been repeating since they started singing.
D kind of repeatation am actually talking abt is nt d type u r mentioning.
D type i mean is just d type dat has no word 2 describe n dat is d type P Square sings.
I still maintain dat Bracket is better than P Square wen it cums 2 groupies.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by odechukwu: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ op, so you sabi pass everybody wey dey shake body to whizkid, p-square, dbanj, 2face, asa, e.t.c's song abi. D simple thing to do is wot they call research and compare the statistics. bracket ke, dem just dey try ni jor.
the reason why legends like fela, osadebe, christie essien igbokwe, sunny ade were so popular is because their song were widely accepted and thats wot is key. even if i sing junks and people likes its. it stays all i need do is find a specific name for it. its called innovation. N.B. PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE MATTERS
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Natasha2(f): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
I think show dem camp SDC are also very good and they don't get enough publicity I love thier ''farabale'' I can never get tired of listening to it cheesy
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
@topic

Bracket. . . not necessarily the best vocalists, but will be strong contenders for the best song of the year (me and U)

I do agree that a good number of Nigerians have poor music taste.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by TruAfricaFan968: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
I honestly think that P. Square, Bracket, WizKid, Timaya and J. Martins are all equally great in talent. I love Nigerian music even though I'm from Zambia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Raba Raba MP3 – Upper X Ft M-honeyz Ft Texy / Eedris And Ruggedman Collabo. Koleyewon Lyrics / Amazing Things U Did Not Know About Chamillionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.