Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days (49306 Views)

Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion / Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by shantti(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Shantti i guess this is also a woman.

Bro u are dumb for twisting an argument into team I support the op cos am a woman vs team I don't support the op cos am a man

I labeled u a woman cos u refused to answer a simple question I asked u, instead you deviated from the question and brought in a totally biased perspective which is as different from my question as day and night.

My question: if a man arrests his wife who assaultes him, would u support him?

Expectation: yes or no

Your reply: men have been known to assault women, women don't physically assault men

Study this your reply and tell me why I won't label u a woman. U r a woman ma

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Mrbllymer: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
it's a win win for Op. The man lost a woman 3who could put up with him for good 2 years despite being jobless. It's quite easier for Op to get a good responsible man but her hubby must bounce back financially before any woman will take him serious.

Dominic violence is a No. I do not care what led to that.
Stop jumping on my mention please. I don’t care about a kid’s opinion.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kemadealadire(f): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2023
Oizee:
Like seriously?
It's not a woman's job to be responsible for a man and still carry out her 'expected roles' as the woman.

@OP, let him be, you didn't do wrong. But, I am curious where does he get money to drink and smoke

He isn't providing, not helping out with caring for his children and around the house, still destroying stuffs and beating you and his fellow men here are saying you should have overlooked, like they would if they were in your shoes, anyway, the easiest thing to give is advice, talk is cheap. I hope they give their sisters the same advice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2023
shantti:

Bro u are dumb for twisting an argument into team I support the op cos am a woman vs team I don't support the op cos am a man

I labeled u a woman cos u refused to answer a simple question I asked u, instead you deviated from the question and brought in a totally biased perspective which is as different from my question as day and night.

My question: if a man arrests his wife who assaultes him, would u support him?

Expectation: yes or no

Your reply: men have been known to assault women, women don't physically assault men

Study this your reply and tell me why I won't label u a woman
keep defending domestic violence. Check your community and family members and tell me if you've heard or seen a wife beating her husband. Keep defending your likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2023
Mrbllymer:

Stop jumping on my mention please. I don’t care about a kid’s opinion.
what opinion do you expect Mr adult? The worst that could happen is divorce and it's a win win for Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by shantti(m): 7:48am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
keep defending domestic violence. Check your community and family members and tell me if you've heard or seen a wife beating her husband. Keep defending your likes.

U see what am saying
Madam d madam
A simple question means am defending domestic violence.
Pls carry ur feminine mood swing away from here

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by shantti(m): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2023
LadyRosa:

So does he know what I have in mind?
So you sef no say i fit kill you for your sleep abi?
We go dey fear eachother, if I should lock my husband up in a cell, I will never have anything intimate with him for a long time to come even if we live under same roof.

I won't cook for him again but he can have access to food on the house, nor sleep near him. Infact he will not exist, he will be living like a stranger because I will not recognise him anymore as a husband. That's a subtle way of telling him I don't want him anymore.

Anything wey make me lock my husband, I don't value him again.

Ok
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by LadyRosa(f): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Mrbllymer:

I don’t judge marriages based on hearing only one particular side, there are lotta unknown variables and i have seen anybody describing stories without justifying their actions or saying things in their favor.

All these your descriptions or painting yourself mighty ain’t necessary, you are only limited to what you can do and not what the other person can do. You might be strong, intelligent and what have you but do know that another person is smarter and stronger than you and would do the unthinkable before you blink.

Your father ? Lmao funny.

Whatever I lay down here is born out of previous experiences. So I'm not new to physical abuse.

I can Tolerant joblessness, its fine, its ok! Life can be hard.
I can manage depression, yeah! I will make that person see life from another angle.

Yea, you can take drinks alcohol, yea fine by me, I can buy drinks and share with my depressed husband.Na job e no get, e no kill person. The bible says drink and forget your sorrow. BUT getting drunk and misbehaving, you're crossing the line.Get drunk and sleep, no problem, I will clean you up if I can, and we talk about the actions when you're sober.

But coming home to beat me up, you just awaken a part of my brain that harbours deadly vibes. I will NEVER forget, even if I forgive. And I MUST pay back even if I forgive.

My father was misbehaving at one point, till I had to remind him I'm not his wife. My mother is the opposite of me, I don't know she managed to birth me,maybe na my father people blood I carry IN EXCESS. Very nice, funny and sweet woman, my mother.

My father thought me how to fight, so I grow up fighting and behaving like a man. He treats me like a man ,so I eventually broke his hand like a man.

I remember one time I was in the University, my mom called crying, na 5pm but I enter entered 911 to Lagos with farm goods. By 11pm I was in his house. I made sure I break all his cars windscreen and dagger all his tires. He cried!The same way he made my mother cry.

His blood runs through my veins he should calm the 4ck down!

I remember during my marriage, my dad and my uncles begged me in my room to be calm in marriage grin grin grin. I just dey look them, them think say I marry husband wey get scorscor for head like them.

My mother called me next day to tell me my father cried shocked shocked shocked He is already missing me? After our years of cat and rat gidigbo! Very stubborn man with quiet sons but a troublesome daughter.

I don't miss him, hardly call him self.Na him dey call. I have forgiven him, but will never forget.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by sacajawea: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2023
Don't feel nothing!
He is a very stupid Boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by shantti(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
keep supporting violence. If you like beat your wife, you go sleep for cell for days. If your wife is too naive to stand for herself your neighbours will do that for her free of charge.

Dominic violence is a No. I do not care what led to that.

Keep supporting domestic violence on men by women, when u beat ur husband, he will kill u and everyone will support him

Domestic violence towards men by their wives and subsequent lying is a No, I also don't care what led to that.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2023
shantti:

U see what am saying
Madam d madam
A simple question means am defending domestic violence.
Pls carry ur feminine mood swing away from here
keep defending domestic violence. Maybe you think you're engaging with American man grin

Like we're not in the same naija. Even a blind person know an average naija men are violence by nature until proven otherwise.

Yes, i am part of Naija men but a responsible one that do not tolorate or condole violence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2023
shantti:

Keep supporting domestic violence on men by women, when u beat ur husband, he will kill u and everyone will support him

Domestic violence towards men by their wives and subsequent lying is a No, I also don't care what led to that.
tell us how many wife you don see or hear beating her husband na. Tell us how many wife you don see or hear kill her husband as a result of domestic violence. Na naija you and i dey o baba. No dey cap for your fellow man like i no know wotsup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Dmacqh(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2023
2 wrongs can't make a right.
1. He has wrong attitude after his downfall. Can he rise , Yes. He lost job not his senses. He lost his pocket not talent. He should start from somewhere. I think he has ego. He wants to return to his former lofty heights, which isn't bad but he can start somewhere.
2. If you are buoyant, you can given him a loan to start a business.
3. What's your reaction and action to him since he lost his job ? Men ego are bruised when they feel inferior
4. He beat you. So does he deserve cell, Yes. But in this our part of the world, it will be somehow.
5. If you can , change location with him, so he has new environment.
6. Take him to his family, and plead your cause there, do the same as well to your family.
7. Pray to God, and keep your voice low when he's angry.

How was he, when he was feeding you ?
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Savechild23: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2023
Verokeena:

It was more of a warning to him.. I didn't neglect him there.. he had access to his phone.. even though as first he wasn't taking my call but I kept texting him..

Now the thing is he was supposed to come out the next day but he refused. Said since I placed him there he'd wish to die there(emotional blackmail if you ask me)

I had to go with his friends to beg him the next day..

Police has no fvkin right to detain him for one second, u either file for divorce or get the hell out of the house. Police, ur boundary stops where marriage begins!
Stuupiid idiiets claiming responsibility as whöres! Ewu nwanyi!
Ishigbuola m!

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by 96ACE: 8:07am On Aug 23, 2023
This man has not said his own side of the story oo, most of you here are saying she’s right because he beats her. What if she’s the one that’s beating him like most women do?

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2023
Savechild23:

Police has no fvkin right to detain him for one second, u either file for divorce or get the hell out of the house. Police, ur boundary stops where marriage begins!
Stuupiid idiiets claiming responsibility as whöres! Ewu nwanyi!
Ishigbuola m!
it's a win win for Op if they divorce. She can easily get a man and settle down but her hubby will have to bounce back financially before any woman can take him serious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2023
96ACE:
This man has not said his own side of the story oo, most of you here are saying she’s right because he beats her. What if she’s the one that’s beating him like most women do?
LOl

You mean most women beat their husband at home? Hahahahaha nothing wey person no go see for social media grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by MSN1(m): 8:21am On Aug 23, 2023
thesicilian:
A man can feed his family for years and no one will hear about it. He's often proud to bear the responsibility. But the moment a woman starts bearing the responsibility, all hell must break loose, sooner or later
If what the woman wrote was 100% correct, i wonder why you would type such rubbish.
From the post did you see anything wrong she did?
Judges like u are the reason this country is in a mess.I bet u haven't seen how some men beat and maltreat women.
So because he is a man, we should start supporting any rubbish but if the woman were to be your sister; you would roast him alive.
Women mostly are the ones to be blamed because some got married to boys in men's clothing.
Ordinary job he lose, he has started feeling depressed, what if REAL life happens to him?

3 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Mrbllymer: 8:24am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
what opinion do you expect Mr adult? The worst that could happen is divorce and it's a win win for Op

I still don’t care about your opinion as I didn’t ask for it. Stop quoting me.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by 96ACE: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
LOl

You mean most women beat their husband at home? Hahahahaha nothing wey person no go see for social media grin
It sounds awkward but most feeble men are victims if domestic violence here in Nigeria. Most of the men that drinks local gin don’t feed well so they are easily beaten up by their wives
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Savechild23: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
it's a win win for Op if they divorce. She can easily get a man and settle down but her hubby will have to bounce back financially before any woman can take him serious

U are a mumu woman
Ur thoughts are tied to ur shallow understanding!
Most men lost their feet because they chose to be over supportive and this is what they get after supporting these wayward whòres!
If he retract entire from that woman, he will live better!

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 8:27am On Aug 23, 2023
Mrbllymer:
I still don’t care about your opinion as I didn’t ask for it. Stop quoting me.
you've gotten the worst that could possibly happen which is a win win for Op. What else are you looking for?
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2023
Savechild23:

U are a mumu woman
Ur thoughts are tied to ur shallow understanding!
Most men lost their feet because they chose to be over supportive and this is what they get after supporting these wayward whòres!
If he retract entire from that woman, he will live better!
The last time i checked Mr sensible man women do not beg men to marry them. Men propose and get married. Who do you expect to take responsibility in the house please? Nobody said the man will not get back on his feet either still married or divorce. We're only saying the worst that could happen is divorce which is a win win for Op. She can easily get married if she chose to but her hubby had to be back on his feet financially before any woman will take him serious. It's a bitter truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Mrbllymer: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2023
LadyRosa:

Whatever I lay down here is born out of previous experiences. So I'm not new to physical abuse.

I can Tolerant joblessness, its fine, its ok! Life can be hard.
I can manage depression, yeah! I will make that person see life from another angle.

Yea, you can take drinks alcohol, yea fine by me, I can buy drinks and share with my depressed husband.Na job e no get, e no kill person. The bible says drink and forget your sorrow. BUT getting drunk and misbehaving, you're crossing the line.Get drunk and sleep, no problem, I will clean you up if I can, and we talk about the actions when you're sober.

But coming home to beat me up, you just awaken a part of my brain that harbours deadly vibes. I will NEVER forget, even if I forgive. And I MUST pay back even if I forgive.

My father was misbehaving at one point, till I had to remind him I'm not his wife. My mother is the opposite of me, I don't know she managed to birth me,maybe na my father people blood I carry IN EXCESS. Very nice, funny and sweet woman, my mother.

My father thought me how to fight, so I grow up fighting and behaving like a man. He treats me like a man ,so I eventually broke his hand like a man.

I remember one time I was in the University, my mom called crying, na 5pm but I enter entered 911 to Lagos with farm goods. By 11pm I was in his house. I made sure I break all his cars windscreen and dagger all his tires. He cried!The same way he made my mother cry.

His blood runs through my veins he should calm the 4ck down!

I remember during my marriage, my dad and my uncles begged me in my room to be calm in marriage grin grin grin. I just dey look them, them think say I marry husband wey get scorscor for head like them.

My mother called me next day to tell me my father cried shocked shocked shocked He is already missing me? After our years of cat and rat gidigbo! Very stubborn man with quiet sons but a troublesome daughter.

I don't miss him, hardly call him self.Na him dey call. I have forgiven him, but will never forget.

lol. Good for you. Though cos you were taught how to fight doesn’t mean you can easily fight a man. Father and daughter squabble dey different from marriage fights, one mostly leads to death while the other hardly leads to death.

Like I said I preach against violence and won’t tolerate it but anyone who arrest her husband should forget the marriage, do that and don't expect the marriage to be the same. And husband don’t beat your wives if you don’t want to be arrested.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Savechild23: 8:37am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
The last time i checked Mr sensible man women do not beg men to marry them. Men propose and get married. Who do you expect to take responsibility in the house please? Nobody said the man will not get back on his feet either still married or divorce. We're only saying the worst that could happen is divorce which is a win win for Op. She can easily get married if she chose to but her hubby had to be back on his feet financially before any woman will take him serious. It's a bitter truth

Replying a fôòólïsh whöre makes her feel validated yes, but u should know how to keep ur wickedness and poor perception and twisted life to urself. Some parents today was raised by evil parents so the circle continues and soon u will realize that u will raise ur kids alone and the no man will ever commit to a whøring single mother

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by rosalieene(f): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
reading through the first page (comments), i am indeed amazed or rather shocked. Some guys here are more worried about the fact that she locked him up forgetting that there was an action that prompted it(laying his hands on her). Life can happen, you can loose your job or even health, thats why the marriage vows says for better for worse. No matter what, depression or whatever, its not enough for him to beat her up. Most of you will lock him up too if it were your sisters, you would not tolerate such actions. Stop trying to hide from the truth just because you feel he is a man so therefore, he did no wrong. Address the problem from its root rather than apportioning all the blames to the OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by PastorFire4Fire: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
maasoap:

A broken marriage is better than living with a lazy, frustrated, violent, destructive man and abuser. It might be hard on the woman in the beginning but she will still have her life. Do you see where this man stops if he wasn't given this soft brain resetting treatment?

Nobody is asking her to leave her marriage but the question is, was the man like this from the onset? He lost his job and he is depressed. Why not help him talk to people about getting another job and let him see your effort on that.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Mrbllymer:
lol. Good for you. Though cos you were taught how to fight doesn’t mean you can easily fight a man. Father and daughter squabble dey different from marriage fights, one mostly leads to death while the other hardly leads to death.

Like I said I preach against violence and won’t tolerate it but anyone who arrest her husband should forget the marriage, do that and don't expect the marriage to be the same. And husband don’t beat your wives if you don’t want to be arrested.
we're still saying the same thing sir. The worst that could happen is divorce which obviously is a win win for Op.

She can easily re-marry as a woman but her hubby had to get back on his feet financially before any woman will take him serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Luckysbab: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
if you care to know, most women are not happy in their marriage in Nigeria

I doubt it’s simply a Nigerian thing alone.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Luckysbab:

No, I hope he walks away, since he's been much of a burden the last two years. He desrves a breath of fresh air, a new perspective.

You see we are both rooting for the woman, abi?
at bolded i don't know why some ladies think I'm on the anybody's side grin grin cheesy

Both of them needs fresh air, make them go cool down somewhere.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by rosalieene(f): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Verokeena:

This your comment is really unfair...

This has nothing to do with his financial status.. for two years i tried everything within my strength to make him not feel like he was jobless.. at a point i connected him to a job but he turned it down cos he feels that position is too low for him..

But thanks for your contributions

dont take what many dish out here. You know your partner better than anyone else and you also know the truth. They will always put the blame on you, so ignore them. I hope and pray you both reconcile your differences amicably.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Luckysbab: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2023
LadyRosa:

The cricket died finally.
My brothers also dare not touch their wives, they must be stupid if they do that!Very Stupid!

Understood. Violence isn’t the way.

She has reacted accordingly though and she should have braced up to handle his own reaction of keeping his distance too, not whine about it now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (39) (Reply)

Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.