Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others (22708 Views)

Bukola Olopade: Gateway 2024 Sports Festival Will Be Different / Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night / Anthony Joshua Vs Carlos Takam: Amosun, Dalung & Lai Mohammed To Cheer Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by Dapagun: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Former Sports Commissioner in Ogun State, Chief Bukola Olopade, arrived in Budapest, Hungary, on Monday morning with the sole aim of cheering the World Record holder in the women’s 100m hurdles, Tobiloba Amusan, to victory in defence of her title.

Amusan started her campaign here in Budapest on Tuesday at the National Athletics Stadium.

He is in Budapest as a guest of World Athletics for his contribution as the organiser of Marathon races in Nigeria.

Olopade, who was recently named as chairman of the Ogun 2024 National Sports Festival, is the brains behind the top-rated Access Bank-sponsored Lagos City Marathon, Abeokuta Marathon 10km race, Remo ultra-race and Abuja marathon. He was at the Budapest Athletics Stadium on Monday evening to witness the historic women’s 100m final, won by American sprinter, Richardson.

Olopade told The Guardian, at the Marriott hotel, in Budapest, that he would be excited to see Amusan retain her world title here at the 19th World Athletics Championships.

“First, I thank World Athletics for the recognition given to me to be part of these championships in Budapest. It will be a big excitement for me to see Tobi Amusan retain her world title on Wednesday. I will be at the stadium this afternoon to cheer her on and other Nigerian athletes. The AFN under Chief Tonobok Okowa has done so much for Nigeria’s athletics, and I think the federation deserves accolades. I will be happy if Nigeria gets a medal here in Budapest,” Olopade stated.
https://editor.guardian.ng/sport/olopade-storms-budapest-to-cheer-tobi-amusan-others/

306 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by TemplarLandry: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
cool

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by LionTiger(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
Tobi my Crusx. Thank God she's out of the woods. I hope she's fit physically and psychologically.

306 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by phemmyfour: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
No carry bad luck go there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by PS712: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Best wishes for her.
Just watch as the undying, never-giveup Nigerian spirit in her will propel her to glory at this event. Despite the recent hurdles and challenges threatening to hold her down she'll quickly adjust and ready for the task ahead of her,.. Not so many people of the many races and countries around the world can bounce back or take a leap from challenges the way the Nigerian does, there's something unique in the DNA of Nigerians.

312 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by kasim155: 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2023
I wish Tobi the very best

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by tfash96(m): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
LionTiger:
Tobi my Crusx. Thank God she's out of the woods. I hope she's fit physically and psychologically.
It's only kid that'll be crushing on who's just impossible for him e.g Nicki Minaj is my crush,I love Tiwa Savage,I can die for Yemi Alade and all those bull shit.. Crushing on those who don't even know you exist..The rare opportunity you get to see them you may not even move an inch close to them.So why don't you work on yourself and better yourself to be in their league or better in higher league ahead of them

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by sukkot: 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
cheesy
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by Chibuzoripob: 11:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
cool
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by updatechange(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by illicit(m): 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by KingLennon(m): 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Po
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by Hezmatosky: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
phemmyfour:
No carry bad luck go there
Bad mouth no go kee u grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by Nigeriagood(m): 12:05am On Aug 23, 2023
tfash96:
It's only kid that'll be crushing on who's just impossible for him e.g Nicki Minaj is my crush,I love Tiwa Savage,I can die for Yemi Alade and all those bull shit.. Crushing on those who don't even know you exist..The rare opportunity you get to see them you may not even move an inch close to them.So why don't you work on yourself and better yourself to be in their league or better in higher league ahead of them
what's your problem,your problem strong o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:21am On Aug 23, 2023
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:21am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigeriagood:

1 Like

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:22am On Aug 23, 2023
Hezmatosky:

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by LAXconfidential(m): 12:25am On Aug 23, 2023
Hezmatosky:

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by LAXconfidential(m): 12:27am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigeriagood:

1 Like

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:28am On Aug 23, 2023
PS712:
Best wishes for her.
Just watch as the undying, never-giveup Nigerian spirit in her will propel her to glory at this event. Despite the recent hurdles and challenges threatening to hold her down she'll quickly adjust and ready for the task ahead of her,.. Not so many people of the many races and countries around the world can bounce back or take a leap from challenges the way the Nigerian does, there's something unique in the DNA of Nigerians.
Yes o

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:28am On Aug 23, 2023
LionTiger:
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by LAXconfidential(m): 12:31am On Aug 23, 2023
tfash96:
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by LAXconfidential(m): 12:31am On Aug 23, 2023
PS712:
Best wishes for her.
Re: Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others by VikingKing: 12:32am On Aug 23, 2023
cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Messi Banned From Playing For Argentina For 3 Months And Fined $50k / Gary Lineker Said C Ronaldo Refused To Talk To Him Cos He Says Messi Is The GOAT / Unpaid Allowance:Kyari Meet Protesting Super Falcons Players,2 Pay Them In 2days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.