Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre (27591 Views)

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It / Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by FreeStuffsNG: 2:17am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigerian artistes making Ghanaian counterparts look like feeding bottle musicians – Shatta Wale

Ghanaian dancehall singer, Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., aka Shatta Wale, has said the successes of Nigerian musicians have dwarfed the achievements of their Ghanaian counterparts.

He said the Ghanaian music industry is like a “feeding bottle” compared to the Nigerian industry, which he described as a “Hennessy bottle”.

Shatta Wale stated this while congratulating rising Nigerian artiste, Asake, who recently sold out the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena in London, United Kingdom.

On his Twitter handle, he wrote; “Nigerians [artistes] are making Ghana music look like feeding bottle compared to Hennessy bottle. Congrats to Asake meeenn!!!

“You guys deh run tooo fast …F*ck

“PS: Some Ghana man say how do they do it?

“Me: when you stop judging people here like you are angels,I think we can get the formula.

“Naija is winning BIG TIME !!! My people.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/21/nigerian-artistes-making-ghanaian-counterparts-look-like-feeding-bottle-musicians-shatta-wale/

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by FreeStuffsNG: 2:17am On Aug 23, 2023
Thank you Shatta Wale. That's the spirit of African brotherhood, let's support one another. That landing in a military chopper was a big stunt! I learnt it's already causing trouble in Ghana.
Ghanaian journalists are dragging stoneboy, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale and their top musicians that they can't even achieve the feat a new artist like Asake achieved. It's quite humbling truly. Asake really tried a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfo9_aH8iZo?si=mybjvA0Cycq2b4eN

Shatta Wale is unlike Stoneboy who is accusing Nigerians for eclipsing and killing Ghanaian music. How on earth could Nigerians have killed Ghanaian music? That accusation just doesn't make sense at all. Check my signature for free stuffs!

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 2:20am On Aug 23, 2023
Life has levels!

Same way American musicians will make Nigerian musicians look like toddlers!

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by LikeAking: 2:23am On Aug 23, 2023
This one always typing nonsense…..

It’s all about talent and off course we are all one..

We are all Africans..
It’s not Nigerian musicians, but African musicians.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by FreeStuffsNG: 2:31am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

You are living in the past. Nigerian music artists are not your mate.

239 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 3:24am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You are living in the past. Nigerian music artists are not your mate.

I am a Nigerian, Just stating the obvious! Everything has levels!

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by FreeStuffsNG: 3:48am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

I am a Nigerian, Just stating the obvious! Everything has levels!
Yes, you live in the past

191 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by TemplarLandry: 4:07am On Aug 23, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ican2020: 4:26am On Aug 23, 2023
Appreciating others and thinking how to move forward is great

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Jostoman: 4:53am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Life has levels!

that was then not now anymore.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 4:54am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Yes, you live in the past

What past!

The records and statistics are not hidden!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake, Cole or Jay Z.

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

I don’t want to hear hearsay, show me workings…

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Pojomojo: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2023
There was a time in Nigeria that all we consumed was foreign music. We rocked this music without a single care in the world about who and where the song was made. As long as it was good we rocked it till we are tired.

There was a time in Nigeria that listening to Nigerian songs was considered ghetto, and that was also because we couldn't see ourselves rocking it. We thought they weren't doing enough to get our attention to rock Nigerian music. Then they started doing something different. Nigerian artists got Nigerian's attention and since then we have not looked back.

Apart from working hard, Nigerian artists don't just release a song and wait for air to blow it into our ears. They spend a lot on promotions too. Ghanaians ranting about Nigerians going to ghana to promote their song is funny. Going out to promote your song is part of the hard work we are talking about. In the past, before they started going out to promote their music, Nigerian artists will tour Nigerian universities, polytechnics and colleges of education just to get Nigerians to know their song exist.

Nigerians don't rock a song because it is Nigerian, we rock and dance to good music. We are rocking Amapiano today Because it's good. We didn't say it's from south Africa we won't rock it. We rocked jerusalema and wande thomas (don't know if I am right 😁) like we were going to die on it.

Some blaming population on why Nigerian artists are doing good is also funny. If that is the case why is India music not number 1 in the world? Good songs don't have enemy. Moreover Nigeria has done more collaboration with Ghana artists in Africa. Why is Ghana not dragging south African's to help them promote their songs? Are they not also in Africa? Or is it because Nigeria is the only country that can be dragged?

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by israelmao(m): 6:33am On Aug 23, 2023
Ghanaian Yoruba speaking for Ghana.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by SILVERLINES: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2023
wink

Na so e supposed be oOoOO

If not for bad leadership, where is Ghana to be compared to Nigeria?

We big pass una

18 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Oscarchims: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2023
When naija one do something, them dey really put mind I swear

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by STEWpid(f): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Chai..

The permanent bad perception and prejudice that Ghanaians have towards Nigerians are deep rooted in their heart.

They hate Nigerians with passion.

All because of Ghana-Must-Go.

But something must have prompted such event to happen in the first place!

Nigeria,
Great People, Great Nation.

4 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by accordadoga25(f): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2023
Hehehe

Omoluabis making Nigerians proud even in the music industry.

20 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:35am On Aug 23, 2023
First time the guy dey talk truth

14 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by jideflash(m): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2023
cool
Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by TINUBUISMAD: 6:35am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake or Jay Z

Tell me one Nigerian artiste that has gone triple platinum on the billboard since the creation of Nigeria?

Don't mind them
With their Wark lyrics and frog voice

16 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Myer(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Thank you Shatta Wale. That's the spirit of African brotherhood, let's support one another. That landing in a military chopper was a big stunt! I learnt it's already causing trouble in Ghana.
Ghanaian journalists are dragging stoneboy, Sarkodie, Shatta Wale and their top musicians that they can't even achieve the feat a new artist like Asake achieved. It's quite humbling truly. Asake really tried a lot!

Shatta Wale is unlike Stoneboy who is accusing Nigerians for eclipsing and killing Ghanaian music. How on earth can Nigerians killed Ghanaian music, it doesn't make sense at all.

Didn't see this coming from Shatta Wale.
Glad he finally gets it.
Can't curse who God has blessed. Rather learn to bless them and we grow together.

15 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by GoldenJAT(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:

What past!

Tell me one Nigerian Artiste that can match a Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Drake or Jay Z

Your own bad belle eh!! You go de happy like this at all?? You will be a very jealous and wicked fellow!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2023
Nice one but Ghanaians artist can also improve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by butpro(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2023
NAija don take over $

6 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by livebyday(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Shatta Wale is unlike Stoneboy who is accusing Nigerians for eclipsing and killing Ghanaian music. How on earth can Nigerians killed Ghanaian music, it doesn't make sense at all.

The bolded is poor grammar..it is how on earth did Nigerians kill Ghanaian music not killed Ghanaian music..
🙄

Type in pidgin if you feel more comfortable with that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AllenSpencer: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Your own bad belle eh!! You go de happy like this at all?? You will be a very jealous and wicked fellow!!

Cos the truth hurts your soul!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by brain54(m): 6:39am On Aug 23, 2023
What’s up with shatter wale…

And all the unnecessary comparisons and competition?

Leave Nigeria music/ians alone and focus on Ghana music.

Attention seeker!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by ecolime(m): 6:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Shatta Wale just dey wake up. As long as music, comedy & movies are concerned, we are the entertainment capital of Africa.

Nigerians are natural entertainers. Even our Politicians dey dish out contents on a steady.

Just like

BAT : Balablu bulaba
PO: I got the advice from a mad man.

Etc..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by AfonjaConehead: 6:39am On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG secretary pasuma fans club grin:
You are living in the past. Nigerian music artists like wasiu alabi aka Pasuma,Ayinde Marshall kwam1,adewale ayuba,etc are not your mate.

1 Like

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by hspda: 6:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Corruption really did us bad thing in Nigeria. if not, Ghanaians shouldn't be comparing us with them. We should be far above the in every inch of development.

19 Likes

Re: Shatta Wale: Nigerian Artistes Make Ghanaian Counterparts Look Mediocre by Oromoni619: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Otilo

Life na process, Ghana music was once a hit in Africa back den, I love Ghana makosa in those days

Don't worry, everything will be alright

Contact me if you can b*t on 1.40odds

High stakers only

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiktoker, Okoli Classic Who Was Gifted ₦2M By Davido, Buys New Phones For Family / Oritsefemi Celebrates His 32nd Birthday With His Friends With A Ram (pics,vids) / Swanky Jerry: My Pay As Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding Stylist High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.