Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,113 members, 7,957,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (16209 Views)

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

No: 80% (4 votes)
Yes: 20% (1 vote)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Html4 Vs Html5 The Main Difference – Naijafixer.com / Help With Download Link Of BPM Software From Webratio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
@gori mapa exactly
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2011
I did a little flash action script programming for awhile then. Tis lots of fun.

I made a lottery application that pulls information from a database - i used ajax to pull
info from a coldfusion app which gets info from the database.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2011
pc guru:

I get your point, but the flash won't be on the interface or anything specific html app can load flash and even trigger flash method to perform an action and retrieve the data back to html5 data. I use it sadly my blog is down I'll send the doc along the explaination. An e.g is grooveshark the site is html but flash under the hood plays the songs but the interface is in html and js.

Alright, please send me the docs and explanations. With this bridge, application would call flash methods for advance features lacking in HTML5. You don't need any sort of interface work. The bridge would make access to the camera and speakers easy for skype like apps. If what I have said is what you mean, then oboy I am down with it. smiley
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
- Added Mini-Mode which is 1000px by 600px.
- Single User log in and log off
- Ability to minimize OS window with Escape key
- and some other small small things

I am getting to that point where i would begin to write the Developer SDK and add my secret ideas. I need to write a dialog/modal library, wouldn't want apps to use the ugly alert(). This is 11.50PM, started coding from 11:00AM, chai, my back  cry cry make i watch film sef or do xtra-cool with that igbo gir  grin grin

Cheers.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
Updates
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
bear with me, got a client work and some company work i have to finish this week coupled with Aptech Project though ave started scribbling something, i will send it this weekend. sorry cry
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
*dhtml:

Updates

I am about to start the preference/configuration manager. This is where users can edit the configurations/preference of applications (including native app). So if a user wants to change the home screen's background image and background position, it would be done in the configuration manager. I chose to start this now because i want to add the ability to change the homescreen's background image and position.

pc guru:

bear with me, got a client work and some company work i have to finish this week coupled with Aptech Project though ave started scribbling something, i will send it this weekend. sorry cry

No problem bro. I have plans for Aptech too next year.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2011
pick APTECH Maryland Raymondchuks on nairaland and i both school there.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
pc guru:

pick APTECH Maryland Raymondchuks on nairaland and i both school there.

Yes, i like the Maryland centre. I want to do the ACCP.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
that's what am doing right now though am at the 3rd stage,finishing next year, but to be frank u won't learn everything from aptech u will still learn on ur own, but its a good place to get connects and the place is not bad.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
pc guru:

that's what am doing right now though am at the 3rd stage,finishing next year, but to be frank u won't learn everything from aptech u will still learn on your own, but its a good place to get connects and the place is not bad.

Great. Of course, anyone who expects to learn 30% of the skills they require from an IT college (without personal study) is on a long thing. I read aptech's syllabus, from what i saw, it wouldn't be too difficult for me i believe.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
difficult for u ke. at all u will cope well but its not everything u'll use like i don't do .NET and C# even as i know it.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2011
I tried going to all those schools then, but i was not able to for one reason or the other. That was why i had to work harder to prove myself - because back then -i used to have inferiority complex that i can never be better than those that went to NIIT then later on APTECH.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2011
pc guru:

difficult for u ke. at all u will cope well but its not everything u'll use like i don't do .NET and C# even as i know it.

That is true. I don't see myself using .NET anytime soon. I would probably be using Java. I went to one IT centre (HIIT) to learn Java, instead i was teaching myself C# with their PC (i had no laptop/pc then) grin.

*dhtml:

I tried going to all those schools then, but i was not able to for one reason or the other. That was why i had to work harder to prove myself - because back then -i used to have inferiority complex that i can never be better than those that went to NIIT then later on APTECH.

Hard work sure pays in this field. The only thing i need from them is just the certificate/diploma grin I wish i had people around me that would make me feel inferior, the people around don't even get me - They call me 'boring nerd' grin.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
So, since i had no means of sending myself to study anything anywhere, i had to use only hardwork.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
Wats Ur mail worldbest wriiten a design pattern guide. Sorry I cleared my mail on bb.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
pc guru:

Wats your mail worldbest wriiten a design pattern guide. Sorry I cleared my mail on bb.

kennedyidialu [at] gmail [dot] com

Still working on the Preference Manager. I have been doing some thinking about how applications should be designed. I thought about enforcing a standard for interface design but that would hinder developer freedom. What i was thinking:

A template for application interface.

This would prevent apps from looking like websites which is good. But, it means applications would have same look. I don't think i/developers would like that. Since the
technology for development is still the same as the one for websites there should be no need for a template. Developers should have the freedom to code as they like.
I think this is where Carbyn got it wrong (based on their introductory video) and google got it right with their extensions.

So, applications may look like websites if the developers choose to. I will provide recommendations that can be adopted. I think this approach, will make the set up of
existing apps easy.

Right now, PHCN has not been nice for days. Hopefully, by the weekend i'd be done with the preference manager.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
i think using Google Code to host the project will be a good idea now, cuz our way of approach might be far different but i hope i made sense on the doc. take care bro when u reach aptech holla me.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
pc guru:

i think using Google Code to host the project will be a good idea now, cuz our way of approach might be far different but i hope i made sense on the doc. take care bro when u reach aptech holla me.

Thanks bro. I am unable to access my mail now (network problem), i will do that when i can. I feel like the project is still not ripe for Google Code yet. When that time comes i will do that. Will definitely let you know when i enroll.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2011
Hello all,

Glad to see lots of people interested and investing time in the html5 os idea. I have already published an html5 os to the android market that runs offline, im currently developing the iOS and Blackberry versions. By looking at your jpegs and threads I can tell that I could help out alot; as the features of my current free build exceed your standard. I'm looking to collab with anyone in the growth of a html5 system that rivals linux, windows, and mac as a mobile operating system that runs on any device, I applied for a provisional patent as a college project but I want this to be fully open source. I've included more features that i could list here. All of the ideas that you pretty much mention, i have either implemented or plan to implement in the future releases. I would love to work with a community that will help work together to make something that is amazing. Although my project might be alittle more advanced in style and functionality i definitely feel like i can learn from working with like-minded individuals. So whatever you do dont quit cause your not alone. I worked on my idea for a year and a half before i got to this point. If people like us work together who knows what we can accomplish,  here are some screenshots and a link to the android app. Feel free to email me at DJMAS314@GMAIL.COM

Cash OSX Lite: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.djmas314.lite

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2011
DJMAS314:

Hello all,

Glad to see lots of people interested and investing time in the html5 os idea. I have already published an html5 os to the android market that runs offline, im currently developing the iOS and Blackberry versions. By looking at your jpegs and threads I can tell that I could help out alot; as the features of my current free build exceed your standard. I'm looking to collab with anyone in the growth of a html5 system that rivals linux, windows, and mac as a mobile operating system that runs on any device, I applied for a provisional patent as a college project but I want this to be fully open source. I've included more features that i could list here. All of the ideas that you pretty much mention, i have either implemented or plan to implement in the future releases. I would love to work with a community that will help work together to make something that is amazing. Although my project might be alittle more advanced in style and functionality i definitely feel like i can learn from working with like-minded individuals. So whatever you do dont quit cause your not alone. I worked on my idea for a year and a half before i got to this point. If people like us work together who knows what we can accomplish,  here are some screenshots and a link to the android app. Feel free to email me at DJMAS314@GMAIL.COM

Cash OSX Lite: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.djmas314.lite

smiley Concerning your OS, nice job bro. I am certainly working hard to reach you grin. But i have to say that i feel you came out pretty wrong. I don't know if it is me, but its not proper to compare your project with one that is just starting out. I feel like you dissed me and my infant project (which is only a few days old). But still would like to work with you and many other people soon. For now, i need to build this thing alone, i want something solid before i make it open source. Again, great work!!! grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sorry worldbest no offense intended, I was just tryin to say that although I worked on mine longer I'm totally willing to share any of my work and API's to help u out as well as work with someone who is like minded, So again no diss intended I just wanted you to know that I'm willin to make my whole build available for disection by u and the rest interested in this idea, that's why "I said dont quit cause your not alone", I've got a more developed built but I'm not comparing it to your I'm just sayin even though I've put in lots of work I'm willing to be open with it, Cause thats how Linux gained traction. Any html5 will have to do the same to compete, That is the shortcomin of carbon they are dragging their feet. So what do u say, Anyway we can work together to help speed up the revolutions, Even of we only exchange certain feature ideas I would love to work with ya, Feel free to contact me at DJMAS314@GMAIL.COM
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sorry for misspelling in messaging from the cellphone
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2011
@DJMAS314, kudos for your great work. @Worldbest, please dont slow down on your work at all.
Not even if this dude's own has got gazzillions of features.

I think you need to get the core of the OS to be very good. Then features can come later on.

Just like that SSO stuff i made - is a kinda core on its own - i can add like 100 sites to it theoritically,
but i will need to move it to a dedicated server, do SSL and all that. Just saying.

Work on application requirements, multi-tasking, memory management, testing network speed
and all those basic things. Consider regular OS and also the strange things about internet such
as asynchronous nature - Nigeria's special internet.

Building an offline OS is way easier compared to building an online OS.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 12:24am On Oct 29, 2011
DJMAS314

Bro, its alright, i understand you now smiley smiley. Working with people who share same interest with me would be super cool. I would love to work with you. At the moment, much of what i am doing is basically laying foundation for core features. When i get to the point where i begin the addition of features, i would contact you. I would have liked to test your OS, but i dont have an Android device.  sad

*dhtml:

@DJMAS314, kudos for your great work. @Worldbest, please dont slow down on your work at all.
Not even if this dude's own has got gazzillions of features.

I think you need to get the core of the OS to be very good. Then features can come later on.

Just like that SSO stuff i made - is a kinda core on its own - i can add like 100 sites to it theoritically,
but i will need to move it to a dedicated server, do SSL and all that. Just saying.

Work on application requirements, multi-tasking, memory management, testing network speed
and all those basic things. Consider regular OS and also the strange things about internet such
as asynchronous nature - Nigeria's special internet.

Building an offline OS is way easier compared to building an online OS.

Exactly what i am doing  , building the core  smiley. If the core is weak, then apps would pretty much suck. I have 60% of the OS design worked out already. I certainly don't see myself slowing down (except when back dey pain me  grin). Coding this stuff is quite exciting and challenging.

---

Still working on the same configuration manager. Now you can change the home screen background image and position it (fill, fit, center, stretch)
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 12:52am On Oct 29, 2011
Thanks dhtml, I'm currently working on adding preference and themes to allow the changing of backgrounds and icon sizing. Other key features im woking on that im willing to sharing is multiplayer social interaction using node.js. When im done people who use both our operating systems can communitcate and interact with each other in an game environment similar to this, http://labs.dinahmoe.com/plink/ Anyway you(worldbest) can share your design for handling preferences and background changing. If you dont feel comfortable posting it here still email me. Im currently using xhtml to allow for js to edit the live setting of the home page, I was wondering what way were you attempting to handle that preferences and settings changes and if so can you send me something i can look over to help out.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 1:42am On Oct 29, 2011
DJMAS314:

Thanks dhtml, I'm currently working on adding preference and themes to allow the changing of backgrounds and icon sizing. Other key features im woking on that im willing to sharing is multiplayer social interaction using node.js. When im done people who use both our operating systems can communitcate and interact with each other in an game environment similar to this, http://labs.dinahmoe.com/plink/ Anyway you(worldbest) can share your design for handling preferences and background changing. If you dont feel comfortable posting it here still email me. Im currently using xhtml to allow for js to edit the live setting of the home page, I was wondering what way were you attempting to handle that preferences and settings changes and if so can you send me something i can look over to help out.

Background changing is quite simple, all you need to is fade out the image in your home screen, change it, then fade in. As for the preference, i am still working on it, i still change stuffs so i cannot tell you exactly how i am handling it. But, the idea is to have a central place where application/OS settings can be altered. You dig?
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 2:05am On Oct 29, 2011
Background changing is quite simple, all you need to is fade out the image in your home screen, change it, then fade in. As for the preference, i am still working on it, i still change stuffs so i cannot tell you exactly how i am handling it. But, the idea is to have a central place where application/OS settings can be altered. You dig?

Thanks for the quick response (worldbest) much respect to what your doing, I get what you mean, Question; are you using js or css to do the fading and changing of the images? Also are you creating a separate settings page that edits the home screen page or are you adding settings and preferences to the home screen page itself. Keep up the great work, ttys
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 29, 2011
@DJMAS314, somehow i feel you are disturbing this thread:
1. You are doing free advertisements, and those your adverts are too large.
2. You are asking the OP too many questions, cant you just watch and lets see what he is going to come up with?
3. y mas que nada, background changing keh - haba can do dat in my slap even if na HTML 1.0 self (estoy bromeando)
4. Posting an external link which does not contribute in any way to this project is very annoying to me.

Sorry, but maybe i woke on the wrong side of the bed this morning. But this is my favorite thread on this board, and you
are killing it with distractions.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by DJMAS314: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2011
Sorry, but maybe i woke on the wrong side of the bed this morning. But this is my favorite thread on this board, and you
are killing it with distractions.

Yes, dtml you must have woke on the wrong side of the bed this morning, to have taken such offense from blog posts. lol (not joking)

1. If you actually read the posts you'd see, I put my details up to allow people to interact with the build and see examples to advance their builds. (Not advertise) How is that "not contributing"?

2. I am also going to post the code for a multiplayer app built with node.js so that whoever is interested in this thread can also include interactive online games in their build. What are you doin? Ohh yea, "waiting to see"

3.Sorry your feelings hurt.(Joking) The irony is your last comment is the distraction; so for you watching is really helpful! (Not Joking)

As stated I'm all for collaboration. My build is fully open and I encourage (worldbest) or anyone to make it happen and post online like I did. Viva La Revolution.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2011
Okay sustained. I am sure the OP understands why i am here better than you (thanks anyway). What does this your Viva La Revolution sef even mean?
I like programmers with a sense of humour really - so i will welcome you officially to this thread then.

Of all the possibilities, i was not expecting you to reply like this - i was thinking i will need a bulletproof vest before coming back here.

@worldbest how far na? I have been debugging my site all night, am trying to put up a blog to publish some of my important works scattered over the
internet. I believe i have sorted out the configuration. Now i am preparing to take it online after a few tests.

So how far? What are the latest updates? Hope @DJMAS314 is not distracting you? If so just talk so i will flog him on your behalf (seriously now).
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by jeff2010(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2011
@djmas
I appriciate your openess, pls no vex, dhtml means no harm, he is a nice and powerful programmer. For you question, the preference change will be in a new page.

@dhtml
bro, thats a wonderful idea o, guys like you need a blog to showcase and teach others. With all your previous codes and solutions, i see you as a 'forensic coder'.
At the moment, i am still working on the preference manager. By monday, i will be begin coding on a basic search system. Pretty much all i have been doing is centred around the home screen and application management. Its getting really interesting.

holy akara, i forgot, this is my cousins id.

cheers, worldbest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Future As A Software Developer / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.