Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,566 members, 7,827,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) (16057 Views)

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Do you think this project is a waste of time?

No: 80% (4 votes)
Yes: 20% (1 vote)
Don't Care: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Html4 Vs Html5 The Main Difference – Naijafixer.com / Help With Download Link Of BPM Software From Webratio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2011
Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2011
OK, its been a while. I had to re-code some areas. At the moment, i am working on the os file upload manager. It allows the dragging of files into the OS.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by dhtml1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
I would ave suggested you use a flash plugin there. I am not sure, but there might some existing flash stuffs for that.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2011
dhtml .:

I would ave suggested you use a flash plugin there. I am not sure, but there might some existing flash stuffs for that.

Nice suggestion. But HTML5 file handling is great. My plan is to make sure that everything is done with HTML5. Right now, you can drag any file from your desktop/file explorer unto the OS Home Screen to have them saved in the os file system. I am currently writing the upload dialog for progress monitoring.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by dhtml1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
Okay then, jeun so ke bobo. I keep forgetting we are not talking of backward compatibility here. I think like that by default.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
Ok, this is how the thing is looking like smiley

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by dhtml1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
Very fantastic
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2011
dhtml .:

Very fantastic

Thanks. Done with the UI and JS. Time to attach to the OS.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by sweetpawn1: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2011
Very, very good work Mr. Best!
I see the day when your OS will be ready, fast approaching!

Was looking for your thread and saw it on page 2 and I said "HELL NO!" Must get it back to frontpage! Wonder why innovative threads like this one can't be stuck to the front page, instead we have "competitions" on every home page and thread existing on this forum.
More "Ogbnor" soup with like[b] 20[/b] roundabouts, 10 "pumo" and 5 "waka" (Waka is the leg of chicken after it has been cooked. Its feet are always spread out wide and it points the fingers at whosoever wants to eat it in a "waka"-like inflammatory hand gesture fashion! ).
Enjoy your soup down your throat-miles better than having grease on your elbow! wink
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2011
nice work bro, me and dhtml still dey here incase working on my personal websites its a shame i never had one. grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
sweet-pawn:

Very, very good work Mr. Best!
I see the day when your OS will be ready, fast approaching!

Was looking for your thread and saw it on page 2 and I said "HELL NO!" Must get it back to frontpage! Wonder why innovative threads like this one can't be stuck to the front page, instead we have "competitions" on every home page and thread existing on this forum.
More "Ogbnor" soup with like[b] 20[/b] roundabouts, 10 "pumo" and 5 "waka" (Waka is the leg of chicken after it has been cooked. Its feet are always spread out wide and it points the fingers at whosoever wants to eat it in a "waka"-like inflammatory hand gesture fashion! ).
Enjoy your soup down your throat-miles better than having grease on your elbow! wink

LOL grin grin My brother thank you oo. Actually, i was not really happy about the mods moving the thread. smiley

pc guru:

nice work bro, me and dhtml still dey here incase working on my personal websites its a shame i never had one. grin

Thank you bro. I no say una get my back. How far na? smiley

---

Ok, i had to do a re-write of the Upload manager. Turns out that it crashes the OS when large files are uploaded. The new script, uploads files in chunks and is isolated from the OS process (it works in a seperate thread). I am really paying more attention to resource usage.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2011
Okay then, jeun so ke bobo. I keep forgetting we are not talking of backward compatibility here. I think like that by default.

Same here dhtml i think IE6 and Cross Browser Compatibility Experience has been infused with Web Designers cuz my mind went to flash but HTML5 has a drag in functionality too.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
That is the difference between a web developer and an application developer. One thinks of a platform, another thinks of all platforms.
Anyway, it is good to have your own personal website.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by yommysomguy(m): 8:09am On Nov 08, 2011
True talk
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^ Dude ur signature is my most used BB status with the image. "Everybody Lies" i love that take care
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
[img]http://blog..net/v/OTRvPiEhJSMnNSM1Ng==[/img]

Dont mind me, i am just playing around with my newly upgraded webkits.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hello, its been a while. I was actually ill for a week. But i am back now. Today, i went back and fixed the Uploader Manager again. It was crashing the OS when files above 30MB are dragged into the OS. What i did was implement a Producer - Consumer method where by one thread fetches chunks from the file and another thread writes them. The size of the chunk and amount of bytes in memory (Chunk Bucket) can be changed by the user. So if a user feels that 15KB per second is too slow, they can change it.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2011
*dhtml:

[img]http://blog..net/v/OTRvPiEhJSMnNSM1Ng==[/img]

Dont mind me, i am just playing around with my newly upgraded webkits.

I like your blog and tools grin
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
I am sorry i had to take out the imagetext tool - it is hidden from public view that is all. Thanks amigo.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ok, Today, i had a setback. The OS "booting" process was getting unpredictable. It would show up the log in page (as expected) and sometimes it wouldn't. This behavior also applies to the home screen.

I traced this to be a fault in the OS architecture. The files are not loading when they are supposed to even though i am using 'require.js'. An so, calling core library methods return undefined. So right now, i am rebuilding the OS core sad . The good thing about this is that, the new architecture is more structured and elegant cool. I am pretty sure this would improve performance.

The architecture allows for easy creation of OS libraries, Third Party libraries, Native Applications and Third-Party applications without doing unnecessary hacks/tweeks. Its similar to jQuery plugin creation process.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
is the require path correct on the file system , cuz i think dojo uses Require or AMD but if the path is wrong it would no doubt return undefined, also great work trying to use jQuery back again after swearing i will never touch it. besides all the best men. not to disturb u or ur concentration wanted to share some nice stuff, "Pub/Sub" where each module interact with a channel rather than dom stuff, since u love architecture and design pattern its something u might find useful,it'd help you keep stuff de-coupled. take care bro. once again all the best
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
pc guru:

is the require path correct on the file system , cuz i think dojo uses Require or AMD but if the path is wrong it would no doubt return undefined, also great work trying to use jQuery back again after swearing i will never touch it. besides all the best men. not to disturb u or your concentration wanted to share some nice stuff, "Pub/Sub" where each module interact with a channel rather than dom stuff, since u love architecture and design pattern its something u might find useful,it'd help you keep stuff de-coupled. take care bro. once again all the best

All paths are correct. I believe the problem is from the browser. All i need do is make a it better. Its a good thing you are going back to jQuery, i probably wouldn't start this if jQuery didn't exist. Please send the stuff, i don't mind looking at other things (they may fit well in other areas). Thank you bro. smiley
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ PC Guru

I had been too busy to check out the specification you earlier sent. I did that now and i must say its brilliant. Everything i had in mind, you had in mind too. You really know what i am doing. Everything from the Apps lifecycle, event handling etc is either in the works or have been implemented. For the window events, apps will get window resize, resizing, close, move events. Thank you bro, you are brilliant.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by xterra2(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hello worldbest

Long time no update, i love your html5 OS
its been a long time since you last updated 4 months by now you would have gone very far i suppose
Please we need status update
I would also email you in case you miss this thread
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
xterra2: Hello worldbest

Long time no update, i love your html5 OS
its been a long time since you last updated 4 months by now you would have gone very far i suppose
Please we need status update
I would also email you in case you miss this thread

I got your mail xterra. Sorry i haven't replied. Been busy lately. Thanks for the mail.

@Everyone

I am really sorry for the silence. I haven't been working on this project for sometime. As usually, i digressed to something else - A search engine of some kind. I was successful with that but i don't have the funds to run a search application at this time. Anyways, i am back and i have acquired more knowledge that would help with this project.

I am going to start from scratch. Simple with minimal concentration on UI slickness. Also would be uploading updated versions of the app every week. Henceforth, this project will be referred to as Stack OS (a working title) the HTML5 companion operating system.

Right now, i am taking a look at the previous codes to see what i can reuse.

Once again, i am sorry for the silence. smiley
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by kingsilly(m): 7:27pm On May 07, 2012
Guy y didnt u cum to skol 2day @worldbest
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by xterra2(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2012
Nawawo no updates ?
Am really interested in this, abeg worldbest show face na
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by kingsilly(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2012
xterra2: Nawawo no updates ?
Am really interested in this, abeg worldbest show face na

be lyk say hez porging just wait a bit he be back...
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
All right, i am back AGAIN grin. In my last post, i said i was going to start all over. Well, i did. At the moment, its still has nothing cool in it. What i have now is a sort of skeleton that i would be building everything on. With the current build, you can only install and create user accounts after which you'll be redirected to your "AppBoard". For now, there isn't any native or third-party app except for the placeholder icons.

Here is the download link for chrome users:

Sage OS v0.0.1 - 4MB Sorry about the file size (Have some on used background images in there)

Over the next couple of days, i will be posting updates with download links as i code.

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
i got your PM how do i read it,
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by worldbest(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
pc guru: i got your PM how do i read it,

I don't understand nairaland's PM feature. I was going to ask you if you still study at Aptech.
Re: Sage OS (HTML5) : The Development (with download link) by yamakuza: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
pc guru: i got your PM how do i read it,

check your email. Thats where its sent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! / Your Future As A Software Developer / Career Guides: Things I wish I had known earlier in d software development space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.