Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun (34785 Views)

Jagun Jagun: Femi Adebayo's Movie Gets Tongues Wagging / 15 Things You Missed In Far From Home (video) / Awesome Detail You Probably Missed In The Last 'game Of Thrones' Episode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Dandollar101(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
1. To start with, do you know that Oba Solomon was in Jagun Jagun. Who is Oba Solomon, then watch this video!!!! He was also a King here over Aje Village (Ilu Aje).

Get your fact right, you're wrong on this one. The name of the actor that play the king aje(ilu aje) Role is RASAK MUIDEEN OLAWALE. OBA Solomon agbaye REAL name is Prophet ADELANA ADEKUNLE SOLOMON popularly known as Oba Solomon Agbaye.... Go back and see the name 9d the cast and moreover, he doesn't look like OBA Solomon that prompt me to go look for the cast name....

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Menclothing: 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
This movie is raking in billions in cinema

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Sojiver(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
adeniyilamlek:
Ọba Solomon keh?
no mind that guy sabi lie die.weda na were he see oba Solomon?
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by foleskay(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Jimi solanke made some blunders in the pronunciation of some words during the epilogue undecided
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by sirjoggy(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ogunji wife is erifunntọ

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by atuagbo: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Okay
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Freakman23xxxx(m): 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
vic4real22:
How do I download the movie self
Stream it on Physients
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Dandollar101(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
Divepen1:
The allure of power often makes us overlook our values. Such was the story of Jagun Jagun, the film by Femi Adebayo, featuring Lateef Adedimeji, Gbotija, as a young man who became the servant of Ogundiji, the fearsome warrior. In his quest to hold on to love interest and also gain power, he unleashes his demons and lost almost everything.
Afromnia brings these top things you might have missed in the film Jagun Jagun. Some of these things were brought to the forefront by social media users and critics.
Warning: Spoilers ahead!!!

1. To start with, do you know that Oba Solomon was in Jagun Jagun. Who is Oba Solomon, then watch this video!!!! He was also a King here over Aje Village (Ilu Aje).

2. Aside Ogunjimi and the kings, every other person had their head skinned (Fadon)

3. Jimi Solanke was the voice of the narrator. Now, you must have seen him in Kongi’s Harvest or Sango.

4. It’s funny how the name of Jagun’s Wife wasn’t used throughtout the movie…

5. While there might have been several notable cameos like Odunlade starting the movie and Ibrahim Chatta ending it, you might have missed Niyi Johnson (Toyin Aimaku’s ex) acting the role of soldier Odunlade Adekola sent to get the crown. Yeah! That was him.

6. One cannot overlook how the Baobab tree (Igi Oshin) tried stopping Gbotija from going to school of Warriors. Was the tree

7. It's only Kings that are not using Ogundiji as their war machine are the only ones defeated in wars (the kingdom of Aje, Iwon and others).

8. Another foreshadow was when Kitan told Gbotija that he shouldn't say 'Agemo should kill him' (this happened after he defeated Gbogunomi, and he was scared of the next test)

9. Wehinwo can be spotted giving a tired soon-to-be Ogundiji's warrior water at the entrance of the school gate. It's this same kindness that resulted in his death.

10. Gbogunmi did with the “Things Fall Apart” line “This boy calls me father, I’m not suppose to have a hand in his death”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsymlrnw8lQ
[color=#006600][/color].

Get your fact right, you're wrong on this one. The name of the actor that play the king aje(ilu aje) Role is RASAK MUIDEEN OLAWALE. OBA Solomon agbaye REAL name is Prophet ADELANA ADEKUNLE SOLOMON popularly known as Oba Solomon Agbaye.... Go back and see the name of the cast and moreover, he doesn't look like OBA Solomon that prompt me to go look for the cast name....
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by uglodoh(f): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sojiver:
...bro stop lieing Oba Solomon is not in the movie even niyin Johnson is not also there.....maybe na another film yu watch.
I
Niyi was there. He was the aide to Odunlade that went inside the inner chamber to get a crown. He killed the person that went with him. He was the second person to kill in that film

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by tuzle(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
te author=Elizkid post=125392449]An overhyped movie, Jagunjagun definitely sets the bar high for what a Nigerian movie can achieve.

However, the story is bland

The CGI is 90s quality.

Most of the unpopular actors are dull and unconvincing in their roles.

Mr Macaroni has no place in a movie of this magnitude, such a dull actor.

All that aside, I'm particularly impressed by Lateef and Femi Adebayo. My favorite scene was when the confronted one another with Ogundiji saying, "Gbotija, Ò ma kéré, o kéré ọ binti. Ah! Ọtí gun igi kọja ewé..."

Another scene I loved was when Lateef was locked in a coffin underwater while shouting incantations.

I understand Nigerians mostly gave this movie a 10/10 due to the euphoria of having seen a production that is probably unprecedented in Nollywood history.[/quote]can u believe I watched the movie from beginning to end and didn't notice Mr macaroni. Maybe because his head was skinned

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by GUNITGuy: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
mercysamuelson:
Ajehkpako4naija
I heard Tinubu didn't graduate from Chicago University. The old man is fake to his balls

Monitoring spirit. Ask yourself why you have not graduated from that your low life to become someone useful in life with all your hatred for President Tinubu. You never know wetin you go chop for night but you decide to dey use all your strength hating on somebody who don already prepare wetin e go eat for future. Your stupidity knows no boundary.
Lol 🤣😅😅🤣 ewoo I never graduate to become millionaire na someone who don graduate to become Governor and President na him I go dey beef chaii...
Oh Lord I receive wisdom and grace to graduate to become A Billionaire in Jesus name Amen ...Even from this Little beginning make I graduate to greatness ...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Murketeer: 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
jagorinho:

Lol!!! Not like the usual piece of Asaba shits you are used to, like " pregnant virgin", "holy prostitute", "Boko Haram my lover" etc and all those useless Asaba movies defiling the face of Nollywood, the Yorubas are here to take Nollywood to global standard, you can only lament and cry but you can't do anything about it.
Lol ... But seriously... what's this hatred between Yorubas and Igbos ... It's like inborn hatred ... Like you guys are been taught in school to hate each other grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by uglodoh(f): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
samsegs:
But Odunlade should have played d role of Lateef....quote me if I'm wrong...
Odunlade has this antagonist's look. He might not fit well in that role.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by KingDamzzy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
Great observations here.

Something else we were deliberately supposed to miss is that body doubles were used in the fighting scenes.

A body double was used to represent Lateef Adedimeji in the scene where Gbotija killed Gbogunmi in the arena.

There were also a lot of VFX used to represent digitally generated buildings in some of the towns. Those buildings do not actually exist.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by daneni1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
discusant:
What film is Jagun Jagun?
When was it acted? Locations? I want to watch it. Is the language in the film, English which is understandable by a large number of people in the world?
Is it on NETFLIX?

Yes, it's on Netflix
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by chariisGRACE(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
I'd love idiots who have sacrificed their brain to politicians to see the movie, and also pay attention to this scene in particular.

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by MAKAPOLY: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
No 10 reminds me of the death of Ikemefuna in the book "Things fall apart "
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by ukandi1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
The best African movie I have watched in recent years.

JAGUN JAGUN is just too good.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by ojoisimi(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
Your no. 1 is sheer fallacy. Oba Solomon wasn't casted for the movie.
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by GetSenseNow: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2023
Zico5:
AfganEASTeans are coming to denigrate the film cos it's not originated from their side. Just wait and see
Guy you're a complete fool

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by emonis88: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Elizkid:
An overhyped movie, Jagunjagun definitely sets the bar high for what a Nigerian movie can achieve.

The CGI is 90s quality.

All that aside, I'm particularly impressed by Lateef and Femi Adebayo. My favorite scene was when the confronted one another with Ogundiji saying, "Gbotija, Ò ma kéré, o kéré ọ binti. Ah! Ọtí gun igi kọja ewé..."

Another scene I loved was when Lateef was locked in a coffin underwater while shouting incantations.

I understand Nigerians mostly gave this movie a 10/10 due to the euphoria of having seen a production that is probably unprecedented in Nollywood history.
Not Nigerians, Yorubas, a non Yoruba might not enjoy the movie as much as u a Yoruba. Fact

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by GetSenseNow: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Murketeer:

Lol ... But seriously... what's this hatred between Yorubas and Igbos ... It's like inborn hatred ... Like you guys are been taught in school to hate each other grin
I'm Igbo but I have to admit this stupid rivalry between the Igbo and Yoruba is getting out of hand.
More than 200 tribes in this country but they're the only ones always at each other's necks

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by GetSenseNow: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
tribalmall:
Hate n jealousy will soon kii your Igbo papa.
Yoruba no be your papa mate.

Tribalism will be your end.
It's just a matter of time

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by vickydevoka(m): 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Divepen1:
The allure of power often makes us overlook our values. Such was the story of Jagun Jagun, the film by Femi Adebayo, featuring Lateef Adedimeji, Gbotija, as a young man who became the servant of Ogundiji, the fearsome warrior. In his quest to hold on to love interest and also gain power, he unleashes his demons and lost almost everything.
Afromnia brings these top things you might have missed in the film Jagun Jagun. Some of these things were brought to the forefront by social media users and critics.
Warning: Spoilers ahead!!!

2. Aside Ogunjimi and the kings, every other person had their head skinned (Fadon)

3. Jimi Solanke was the voice of the narrator. Now, you must have seen him in Kongi’s Harvest or Sango.

4. It’s funny how the name of Jagun’s Wife wasn’t used throughtout the movie…

5. While there might have been several notable cameos like Odunlade starting the movie and Ibrahim Chatta ending it, you might have missed Niyi Johnson (Toyin Aimaku’s ex) acting the role of soldier Odunlade Adekola sent to get the crown. Yeah! That was him.

6. One cannot overlook how the Baobab tree (Igi Oshin) tried stopping Gbotija from going to school of Warriors. Was the tree

7. It's only Kings that are not using Ogundiji as their war machine are the only ones defeated in wars (the kingdom of Aje, Iwon and others).

8. Another foreshadow was when Kitan told Gbotija that he shouldn't say 'Agemo should kill him' (this happened after he defeated Gbogunomi, and he was scared of the next test)

9. Wehinwo can be spotted giving a tired soon-to-be Ogundiji's warrior water at the entrance of the school gate. It's this same kindness that resulted in his death.

10. Gbogunmi did with the “Things Fall Apart” line “This boy calls me father, I’m not suppose to have a hand in his death”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsymlrnw8lQ
Rubbish movies

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
The writer did a very good job but I will not forgive the writer and producer if there's no franchise or sequel to this movie.

Ibrahim Chattah one of the most dynamic actors has not done anything yet and the movie is finished. It's not possible

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by rightopdeep(m): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
LagosPrince:
Boring piece of shiit
. Interesting Piece of Movie...Anyone that Call this Amazing Movie shit Definitely needs to be Checked Medically

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by rickleye: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Couldn’t watch past the first 5 mins it was Boring …
Gangs of Lagos and Shanty Town were well written and acted . I even watched the one with girl w sickle cell .
Jagun wasn’t worth viewing perhaps because my Yoruba isn’t as good as it used to be .

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by biyiwyle(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
Another one is Gbogunmi knew Gbotija could talk and command trees yet he dropped the sword and used a wooden knife. He might have sacrificed himself knowing what Gbotija has not told anybody except him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by Nyanabo(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
elder1002:
I was expecting more at the end.

From the begining to the middle was very interesting, tensed and great.. but the end was just not what i expected.

The jazz (black magic/dark art), the kingdoms and kings , horses and local soldiers all were epic.. but the ending storyline killed the tension and the thrills.

Well i expected more from the hype .. i got it from the begining of the movie to the middle...

It's a great film but the end was just not it..

I believe there will be much improvements and the director of the movie will do great in his upcoming movie ahead..

Las las .. yourba people sha dae act film and i love their graphics they put into and veey important the story line🔥🔥🔥.

The actors also put in passion into the profession. They act and makes it real not the normal question and answer kind of acting we do have in some of our nolly wood movies..

I can see great changes in our nollywood industry.. i hope other director key into this vision and see how we perfect our Nollywood industry.

I don't watch Nollywood films cos of the normal king and queen, love and always cheating.. it makes you not to trust your relationship.

And from the begining of the movie, you already know how it ends

But with the KING OF BOYS, JAGUN JAHUN,,AKINULAPO, GANG OF LAGOS, KING OF THIEVES,ORISA, and many more.. they have changed the face of the industry....

THE CULTURAL AND TRIBAL STORY LINE IN A BEAUTIFUL FORM...

ALSO THOSE IN CHARGE OF COSTUME AND BACKGROUND DECORATION ARE BLESSED.. ITS A 9/10 RATING FOR ME

I will also like to see the likes of macaroni and other skit maker getting into the nolly wood industry... Honestly speaking they have great potentials 🔥🔥

God bless you guys and to all directors out there cracking their head up to bring some amazing storyline and films that is changing the face of nollywood. U are doing a great job

Nice submission. When a movie critic critic a movie you just would know. There's little to no bais.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by HBB1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
Elizkid:
An overhyped movie, Jagunjagun definitely sets the bar high for what a Nigerian movie can achieve.

The CGI is 90s quality.

I understand Nigerians mostly gave this movie a 10/10 due to the euphoria of having seen a production that is probably unprecedented in Nollywood history.

Think it is overhyped in all truth, but by Nigerian standards, 'twas okay.

...omo, but that coffin in the river scene, gives ne goose-bumps.

It was crazy!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by tribalmall: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Every member of your entire household would have been long gone by then.

Quite me again if you care to know why.

GetSenseNow:

Tribalism will be your end.
It's just a matter of time
Re: 10 Things You Probably Missed In Jagun Jagun by merits(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
vic4real22:
How do I download the movie self

Download moviebox from play store,and you will see it live and direct to download.You can even also search for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Cindy Wins Head Of House Challenge, Picks Mike As Room Mate (video) / BBNaija: Isilomo Blasts Kim And Ella For Saying Tacha Has Body And Mouth Odour / Pictures From Bbnaija Season 8 All Star Saturday Night Party (week 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.