Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Unanswered Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unanswered Prayers (644 Views)

How To Get Out Of A Cycle Of Unanswered Prayers. / 8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswered Prayers by Ladygee12: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Does anyone here sometimes feel like prayers are not being answered by God? Even after fasting , praying , midnight prayers , trying to live a holy life ,doing good ,attending fellowships
It can be frustrating, sometimes u could feel like God doesn't hear you , consider you or even having the feeling that he doesn't exist
What's d solution
Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ladygee12:
Does anyone here sometimes feel like prayers are not being answered by God? Even after fasting , praying , midnight prayers , keeoing a holy life ,doing good ,attending fellowships
It can be frustrating, sometimes u could feel like God doesn't hear you , consider you or even that he doesn't exist
What's d solution
Mark 11:24 whatever you ask in prayers believe that you've received it and it would be yours.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Ladygee12: 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
azammi:
Mark 11:24 whatever you ask in prayers believe that you've received it and it would be yours.
What if u have been asking for months a d no answers ,where is the strength to keep believing
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ladygee12:
Does anyone here sometimes feel like prayers are not being answered by God? Even after fasting , praying , midnight prayers , trying to live a holy life ,doing good ,attending fellowships
It can be frustrating, sometimes u could feel like God doesn't hear you , consider you or even having the feeling that he doesn't exist
■ What's d solution
You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

2. Now, you asked for a solution. Well, the one and only solution is to attain God's Righteousness and that is a feat that takes at least 3+ years to accomplish considering one completely devotes oneself to the purpose. This is according to Jesus Christ in Luke 13:6-17 where fruits are expected to be produced from the fig tree by the fourth year. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Offpointng: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ladygee12:

What if u have been asking for months a d no answers ,where is the strength to keep believing

That's where praise comes in. Worshipping and praising God with all heart sincerity does the unimaginable
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

2. Now, you asked for a solution. Well, the one and only solution is to attain God's Righteousness and that is a feat that takes at least 3+ years to accomplish considering one completely devotes oneself to the purpose. This is according to Jesus Christ in Luke 13:6-17 where fruits are expected to be produced from the fig tree by the fourth year. undecided
nothing but theories out of thin air. Life's all luck and chance.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
wis3:
None of what I posted has to do with your perception of life at all. It is rather what is written as relating to the God of Israel, and Jesus Christ who was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Offpointng:
■ That's where praise comes in. Worshipping and praising God with all heart sincerity does the unimaginable
All that noise you lot make is just that, noise that you lot make. God is not a fool that you should think He is easily cajoled into that which is against His own Law by your singing of your noise-filled songs. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of what I posted has to do with your perception of life at all. It is rather what is written as relating to the God of Israel, and Jesus Christ who was sent only to the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
The summary of everything you wrote is Good has refused to answer his prayers because he's unrighteous. Do you pride yourself a righteous person Kobo?

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ladygee12:

y say no answer then you are not believing you have d answer . Believe you've received d answer as you're praying even If you haven't seen it and thank God for it .

Can I ask bout d thing you're praying 4?
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Offpointng: 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All that noise you lot make is just that, noise that you lot make. God is not a fool that you should think He is easily cajoled into that which is against His own Law by your singing of your noise-filled songs. undecided

Rest thou Ignorant grin
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
wis3:
■ The summary of everything you wrote is Good has refused to answer his prayers because he's unrighteous.
■ Do you pride yourself a righteous person Kobo?
Wrong! The summary is God has never changed His position since the beginning regarding those whom He regards — the righteous— and those whom He never regarded from the beginning — the unrighteous. So, it is wrong to conclude that God refused to answer his prayers because God never ever promised to answer the prayers of the unrighteous. undecided

2. I am not righteous yet! I am still in training to become such a person myself. That training requires that one accept God's every Truth— not just those that seem convenient or flavorful to one — whether one already benefits from it or not. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Offpointng:
Rest thou Ignorant grin
SPoken like the real deal! undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Offpointng: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
SPoken like the real deal! undecided

Just leave am for we wey understand
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Liverpool456(m): 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
God is still in the business of answering prayers but the only hinderance is unbeleived.When I lost my job but my wife was still working,I prayed and asked God to promote her so that there would be abundance at home,God did it and even showed me the sign I shared with her before the promotion came.I know the hell I went thru but kept on praying until God brought someone who by Gods grace I will resume a good new job next month.I met christ at the age of seventeen although I backslided but honest God is still very much alive to help us in our situations but we need to be saved from sin.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! The summary is God has never changed His position since the beginning regarding those whom He regards — the righteous— and those whom He never regarded from the beginning — the unrighteous. So, it is wrong to conclude that God refused to answer his prayers because God never ever promised to answer the prayers of the unrighteous. undecided

2. I am not righteous yet! I am still in training to become such a person myself. That training requires that one accept God's every Truth— not just those that seem convenient or flavorful to one — whether one already benefits from it or not. undecided
You're still implying he's unrighteous and I ask again. Who or what is righteous in the eyes of God? So many people slave, pray and work so hard yet they end up miserable. The worst of all people are call to rule and it you start to wonder if it's actually the opposite. You wonder if God rewards the unrighteous and let the righteous suffer in pain.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
■ You're still implying he's unrighteous and I ask again.
■ Who or what is righteous in the eyes of God?
■ So many people slave, pray and work so hard yet they end up miserable.
■ The worst of all people are call to rule and it you start to wonder if it's actually the opposite.
■ You wonder if God rewards the unrighteous and let the righteous suffer in pain.
1. OP complained that God not answering his prayers. That there is a dead giveaway for OP's status as far as God is concerned. undecided

2. If you read my initial comment, you would note that it is only those who are holy — who live their lives in absolute submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — that go on to be approved Righteous by God. This is stated by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

3. What does praying and working so hard in this life have to do with anything? undecided

4. Called by whom abeg? undecided

5. What makes you believe God rewards the unrighteous? Maybe you should start with your understanding of what it means to be rewarded and why you think it has something to do with God. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by terrezo2002(m): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2023
Ladygee12:
What's d solution
Any of these may be the scenerio
1. God heard the prayers, but He didn't answer because you are not His child.
2. Praying without faith will not be answered. Hebrews 11:6
3. Living in sin. A sinful person's prayer is an abomination to God. proverbs 28:9
4. You don't love others. Matt. 22:36–38
5. Pride
6. It is not yet time to receive.
7. When you are undergoing chastening by Lord.
Etc.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2023
terrezo2002:

3. Living in sin. A sinful person's prayer is an abomination to God. proverbs 28:9
5. Pride
Etc.
the only valid point you have is number 2 the rest is not correct .
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
azammi:
the only valid point you have is number 2 the rest is not correct .

You are wrong. All he listed out are correct and if you think it is not true, then you have obviously not met an atheist for they.did everything you think and you did but God did not hear them.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2023
terrezo2002:

5. Pride
Etc.

These things are not supposed to be revealed. Let people wallow in their folly.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:29am On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

That's where praise comes in. Worshipping and praising God with all heart sincerity does the unimaginable

God still would not hear! Plus you would be shocked what she is praying for.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2023
azammi:
y say no answer then you are not believing you have d answer . Believe you've received d answer as you're praying even If you haven't seen it and thank God for it .

Can I ask bout d thing you're praying 4?

Funny how you asked this question last .

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:

Yep for people like you. And how well have you fared?

Anyway, it is not so for others for life is always good to them.

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are wrong. All he listed out are correct and if you think it is not true, then you have obviously not met an atheist for they.did everything you think and you did but God did not hear them.
well I cannot say because we have different experience and we know d Holy Spirit works differently with people .
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 9:01am On Aug 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep for people like you. And how well have you fared?

Anyway, it is not so for others for life is always good to them.
if we were being logical, I don't think there's anything right or wrong before the eyes of God. If God was a just God we wouldn't have the worst of people in the best of places. What im trying to say is there's nothing morally right or wrong in the eyes of God. That is why one person can wake up one morning, strap explosives to themselves and blow themselves up in a crowd full of people. People's actions and inactions have nothing to do with God or faith or how it was predestined to happen. So you might just spare s the morality lecture because being morally upright and good is not a guarantee life is going to treat you fair. I do believe there's some supernatural being up there watching over us. What I do not believe is him having anything to do with the things that goes on in our everyday lives. We are all directly or indirectly responsible for our actions.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Funny how you asked this question last .
smiley it just came to my mind after last that's y .
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
azammi:
smiley it just came to my mind after last that's y .

And that is the mistake you people always make whenever you see this issue.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
if we were being logical, I don't think there's anything right or wrong before the eyes of God. If God was a just God we wouldn't have the worst of people in the best of places. What im trying to say is there's nothing morally right or wrong in the eyes of God. That is why one person can wake up one morning, strap explosives to themselves and blow themselves up in a crowd full of people. People's actions and inactions have nothing to do with God or faith or how it was predestined to happen. So you might just spare s the morality lecture because being morally upright and good is not a guarantee life is going to treat you fair. I do believe there's some supernatural being up there watching over us. What I do not believe is him having anything to do with the things that goes on in our everyday lives. We are all directly or indirectly responsible for our actions.

Bet you do not see that your thoughts are tangled and jumbled all caught up in your lack of knowledge and understanding of God.

1) I don't think you have read the bible else you would see that God is about right and wrong and that He always always supports the right and destroys the wrong.

2) And that you do not know how to judge justly else you would have seen that God is indeed always always Just.

3) And that you are letting the amazement of one of the judgments which God gives knock you out of order in your already lack of judgment and understanding and Law.

Which is why you do not see why sometimes, not all the time that some of the worst people live in what you call the best places and why one devil would wake up and blow himself up in a crowd.

God is interested in everything people and He has His own reply to them, which simple you say "life happened".

So, true, people are directly responsible for their acts but God did forewarn us "i lay before you, good and evil, blessings and curses, fortune and misfortune" choose ye which you want.

And people choose and have made their choices, so bye-bye is their name and now life replies

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." — John Lennon

"Get busy living or get busy dying." — Stephen King

"Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated." — Confucius
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
All this na gibberish naw.. what has morality and your private perceptions to do with this topic or God for that matter? If you want to spend time debating useless ideas that have no connection to OP'S question, please open another thread for that. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All this na gibberish naw.. what has morality and your private perceptions to do with this topic or God for that matter? If you want to spend time debating useless ideas that have no connection to OP'S question, please open another thread for that. undecided
They're not just perceptions Kobo. It's just the way it is, and people like you are afraid to talk about it because you'd supposedly be questioning things that are beyond your understanding. People love to pretend to themselves and act like everything's okay when it's not. you're patient and resilient as it brings you closer to God. Or it makes you a righteous person; as you would say.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Bet you do not see that your thoughts are tangled and jumbled all caught up in your lack of knowledge and understanding of God.

1) I don't think you have read the bible else you would see that God is about right and wrong and that He always always supports the right and destroys the wrong.

2) And that you do not know how to judge justly else you would have seen that God is indeed always always Just.

3) And that you are letting the amazement of one of the judgments which God gives knock you out of order in your already lack of judgment and understanding and Law.

Which is why you do not see why sometimes, not all the time that some of the worst people live in what you call the best places and why one devil would wake up and blow himself up in a crowd.

God is interested in everything people and He has His own reply to them, which simple you say "life happened".

So, true, people are directly responsible for their acts but God did forewarn us "i lay before you, good and evil, blessings and curses, fortune and misfortune" choose ye which you want.

And people choose and have made their choices, so bye-bye is their name and now life replies

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." — John Lennon

"Get busy living or get busy dying." — Stephen King

"Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

I have a very simple question for you. Why do bad things happen to good people? I can tell your response without you even saying it. You're going to say how there's something they're not doing right. Or you'd bring up something about how they're not very righteous or morally upright. You cower and find a way to justify this because it's beyond your understanding. You have no answer to these big questions that need answering and because you have no answer to it, you resort to trying to make it seem as though the one in search of these answers is doing something wrong. Making it seem as though they're are ignorant or something. God if he exists gave us all a free mind and a free will. You can become anything you want to become today if you're willing to take the risk. You can decide to rob a bank and become extremely rich, you could be successful and you might die in the process. It's all your mind and your decision. the idea that some supernatural being up there's has anything to do with the things that occur in our everyday life strikes me as dumb. You can even die if you wanted to die today. It all depends on your approach. Your life and your decisions are in your hands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Affiliates: Earn Rewards And Cash For Promoting Islamic Products / Why Will The 9th Of April,2009 Be The Most Important Day For Mankind? / Is Allah God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.