Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,640 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Unanswered Prayers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unanswered Prayers (676 Views)

How To Get Out Of A Cycle Of Unanswered Prayers. / 8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unanswered Prayers by Kobojunkiee: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
■ They're not just perceptions Kobo. It's just the way it is, and people like you are afraid to talk about it because you'd supposedly be questioning things that are beyond your understanding.
■ People love to pretend to themselves and act like everything's okay when it's not. you're patient and resilient as it brings you closer to God. Or it makes you a righteous person; as you would say.
I am afraid that is just your perception of things! undecided

2. But patience and resilience do not bring you closer to God nor does it make God approve you righteous. You really need to stop believing God is as defined by your private delusions there. You need to be willing to step out of your brand of delusions in order to see that your views don't color the world and God for all. undecided
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
I have a very simple question for you. Why do bad things happen to good people? I can tell your response without you even saying it. You're going to say how there's something they're not doing right. Or you'd bring up something about how they're not very righteous or morally upright. You cower and find a way to justify this because it's beyond your understanding.
You have no answer to these big questions that need answering and because you have no answer to it, you resort to trying to make it seem as though the one in search of these answers is doing something wrong. Making it seem as though they're are ignorant or something. God if he exists gave us all a free mind and a free will.

grin Again you are wrong and my answer is that i wont tell you because, if they were indeed good people then they would have figured it out.

wis3:

You can become anything you want to become today if you're willing to take the risk. You can decide to rob a bank and become extremely rich, you could be successful and you might die in the process. It's all your mind and your decision. the idea that some supernatural being up there's has anything to do with the things that occur in our everyday life strikes me as dumb. You can even die if you wanted to die today. It all depends on your approach. Your life and your decisions are in your hands.

As i said life is in front of us all and the options are out there for us to choose. So you can choose to rob a bank or push drugs or pretend to play good person so that you would be rich or whatever strategy that you think will make your better. In the end, you are the one who eats what you cooked, whether the meal is sweet or horrible
Re: Unanswered Prayers by wis3(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Again you are wrong and my answer is that i wont tell you because, if they were indeed good people then they would have figured it out.

As i said life is in front of us all and the options are out there for us to choose. So you can choose to rob a bank or push drugs or pretend to play good person so that God would bless you or whatever strategy that you think will make your better. In the end, you are the one who eats what you cooked, whether the meal is sweet or horrible
There's no such thing as God blessing you for the things you do. We live in a world of cause and effect. Every single decision we make everyday affects us with positively or negatively. We live in a capitalist world where those at the top are always trampling on those at the bottom. There's no wrong or right. People just want result and will do anything to get it. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. They just want results.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
wis3:
There's no such thing as God blessing you for the things you do. We live in a world of cause and effect. Every single decision we make everyday affects us with positively or negatively. We live in a capitalist world where those at the top are always trampling on those at the bottom. There's no wrong or right. People just want result and will do anything to get it. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. They just want results.

That's your experience based on your choices and cause and effect and i am not stopping you from going to rob a bank or push drugs. I don't care bout you.

But for me life is very very sweet and good for me because God pours His blessings and wonders upon me everyday.

So, you have your own result and God does not bless you that is your own. But your failure and suffering is confined only to you and your kind. There are others like me who are blessed by God.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Ladygee12: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
azammi:
y say no answer then you are not believing you have d answer . Believe you've received d answer as you're praying even If you haven't seen it and thank God for it .

Can I ask bout d thing you're praying 4?
Are u a pastor
Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ladygee12:

Are u a pastor
I dont have a church yet .
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ladygee12:
Does anyone here sometimes feel like prayers are not being answered by God? Even after fasting , praying , midnight prayers , trying to live a holy life ,doing good ,attending fellowships
It can be frustrating, sometimes u could feel like God doesn't hear you , consider you or even having the feeling that he doesn't exist
What's d solution

Praying to any god has proven to be of null effect since time immemorial.

Forget all the nonsense that was taught to you since you were a kid. All of the testimonies that people share in churches and other various religious centres are exaggerated, overemphasized, falsefully derived and fabricated.

People just love to parade themselves as God favourites (lol! Immature people)

Think about it, if truly prayer gets answered, absolutely nobody will be in church no more. Do you know why? Everyone's prayer would have been answered and there won't be reasons to jump upandan no more but, why are people still in church?

They are there because of the foolish hope that these business men sell to them, so that
,when what they want finally comes to them, they can be quick to attribute it to their imaginary god who doesn't do anything for anyone.

Lemme tell you OP. All the things people share as miracles are things that happen to atheists too. Atheists also get sick and recover without medicine and prayers, atheists also get out of accidents, atheists also enjoy financial breakthrough, atheists also enjoy sound health, yet we don't pray to any God.

So, what's the God effect?

What is the clear difference between you who serve him and us who serve him not? Is there any advantage to your side?

If truly prayer gets answered, someone like Myles Munroe wouldn't die in a crash, Idahosa wouldn't die in his 50s, Rev Oyakhilome wouldn't have a defuncted marriage, Pst. Adeboye wouldn't have to bury his son.

Please open your eyes and look around you , how many prayers do you think are really being answered? Use Nigeria as a case study.

Prayers are for the weak. People who are scared of facing the harsh reality of life that no one is coming to save you unless you save yourself.

The Bible is one of the wrongest book to ever be written, and Christianity is the worst religion to ever be.

They sell hope to people, they sell faith.
And just so you know ,

Hope/Expectation is an evil. It keeps us from acting and making our future, rather holding us back in passivity.

It was believed by the Greeks that hope was the most pernicious of all evils because it prevented people from accepting their reality.

Isn't it hope that binds us to a wretched existence, diminishing our power to accept the grim reality? Isn't hope the greatest evil?

O.P you are sad today because you were hoping a god will come thru for you. Now that he hasn't come thru for you, how do you feel? Depressed and sad right?

Pastors and the Bible and other clergies tell you to, do this , do that and in the end God will come thru for you. Hope was sold to you. Now you've done all that but has he come thru for you?

Faith is the same thing as hope.
Anyone who preaches hope to you is setting you up for a life of disappointment. It took some people 40years with irreversible errors before they realised that this god thing is a scam and that they've been lied to all their life.

Wise up O.P. You are your own god

Faith/hope is the greatest evil to ever happen to mankind.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 4:59am On Aug 26, 2023
terrezo2002:

Any of these may be the scenerio
1. God heard the prayers, but He didn't answer because you are not His child.
Your Bible says God help both the good and bad
Matt. 5. [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

So whether you are a child of Yahweh or not, the bible says he sends blessings to everyone regardless. So this point is dead

terrezo2002:

2. Praying without faith will not be answered. Hebrews 11:6
Sarah didn't have faith, Abraham's faith even shook, zechariah the father of John also didn't have faith yet his prayers were answered.

Mark 9: 23 Jesus said to him, “If[a] you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Jesus helped his unbelief, so this point is dead too
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 5:00am On Aug 26, 2023
terrezo2002:

3. Living in sin. A sinful person's prayer is an abomination to God. proverbs 28:9

4. You don't love others. Matt. 22:36–38
5. Pride

Luke 18: 19 "But Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good[righteous]? No one is good [righteous]except God alone."

Eph 2: 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So therefore no one has the right to call anyone else unrighteous, because they themselves are not righteous. Your Bible says no one is righteous, stop acting like you are better than anyone.

Therefore these points are also dead on arrival
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 5:05am On Aug 26, 2023
terrezo2002:

7. When you are undergoing chastening by Lord.
Etc.

James 1: 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

1cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Now God doesn't tempt, but he's chastising. Okay, how come this is beyond what the O.P can bear and God is still not doing shit about it?

Rip to your points
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 5:11am On Aug 26, 2023
terrezo2002:

6. It is not yet time to receive.

Isa 65:24 I love the Contemporary English Version's translation the most.
"I will answer their prayers before they finish praying."

So this point too is also dead

Mention one place where Jesus told them that if you prayed and you don't get answers then it's not yet time. This is one of the excuses you give for the inefficiencies and ineffectiveness of your god.
Also read Mark 9, 11
Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 5:21am On Aug 26, 2023
wis3:
nothing but theories out of thin air. Life's all luck and chance.
In fact I think NL needs to start checking people when mental issues now, not just bots.

Many very stupid people are now speaking on behalf of the gods. Someone was saying it takes at least 3+ years before one can attain righteousness while their bible states clearly that righteousness is not by work but by grace which no man can boast of.

Christianity is very disorganized . Everyone just comes with different stupidest theories and claim authority over them.
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Ladygee12: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Praying to any god has proven to be of null effect since time immemorial.

Forget all the nonsense that was taught to you since you were a kid. All of the testimonies that people share in churches and other various religious centres are exaggerated, overemphasized, falsefully derived and fabricated.

People just love to parade themselves as God favourites (lol! Immature people)

Think about it, if truly prayer gets answered, absolutely nobody will be in church no more. Do you know why? Everyone's prayer would have been answered and there won't be reasons to jump upandan no more but, why are people still in church?

They are there because of the foolish hope that these business men sell to them, so that
,when what they want finally comes to them, they can be quick to attribute it to their imaginary god who doesn't do anything for anyone.

Lemme tell you OP. All the things people share as miracles are things that happen to atheists too. Atheists also get sick and recover without medicine and prayers, atheists also get out of accidents, atheists also enjoy financial breakthrough, atheists also enjoy sound health, yet we don't pray to any God.

So, what's the God effect?

What is the clear difference between you who serve him and us who serve him not? Is there any advantage to your side?

If truly prayer gets answered, someone like Myles Munroe wouldn't die in a crash, Idahosa wouldn't die in his 50s, Rev Oyakhilome wouldn't have a defuncted marriage, Pst. Adeboye wouldn't have to bury his son.

Please open your eyes and look around you , how many prayers do you think are really being answered? Use Nigeria as a case study.

Prayers are for the weak. People who are scared of facing the harsh reality of life that no one is coming to save you unless you save yourself.

The Bible is one of the wrongest book to ever be written, and Christianity is the worst religion to ever be.

They sell hope to people, they sell faith.
And just so you know ,

Hope/Expectation is an evil. It keeps us from acting and making our future, rather holding us back in passivity.

It was believed by the Greeks that hope was the most pernicious of all evils because it prevented people from accepting their reality.

Isn't it hope that binds us to a wretched existence, diminishing our power to accept the grim reality? Isn't hope the greatest evil?

O.P you are sad today because you were hoping a god will come thru for you. Now that he hasn't come thru for you, how do you feel? Depressed and sad right?

Pastors and the Bible and other clergies tell you to, do this , do that and in the end God will come thru for you. Hope was sold to you. Now you've done all that but has he come thru for you?

Faith is the same thing as hope.
Anyone who preaches hope to you is setting you up for a life of disappointment. It took some people 40years with irreversible errors before they realised that this god thing is a scam and that they've been lied to all their life.

Wise up O.P. You are your own god

Faith/hope is the greatest evil to ever happen to mankind.
Why do u sound so bitter ,no insults pls I'm just asking based on ur write up

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Prayers by FRANCISTOWN: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:

Why do u sound so bitter ,no insults pls I'm just asking based on ur write up

Bittered? A full time atheist who
is doin well for himself and his
kid has nothing to be bittered
about BTW, last I checked, you
created this thread.

I only wanted to press you into taking responsibility early but don't worry
about it, you've still not gotten the
drip.

It gets me angry when I see what
religions have done to people

People come here to lament daily
on how god (esp. Yahweh) has
failed them and refused to turn up
for them. You can check this religious
section. At you'll find a thread like this
once weekly.

Yeah! I'm angry at why people know
that this thing is not working and yet
they are stuck under the guise of the
evil called hope.

Though no god ever disappointed me,
but I've met people face to face whom this
God has disappointed during the days
when i used to go for evangelism.

Anyways, Every of my comments on
NL is not just channeled to the
receiver but to anyone that will
find them comments in the future.

Please note the below

Advice is a visitor, you can either
welcome it or send it away.

Peace!
Re: Unanswered Prayers by Ladygee12: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Bittered? A full time atheist who
is doin well for himself and his
kid has nothing to be bittered
about BTW, last I checked, you
created this thread.

I only wanted to press you into taking responsibility early but don't worry
about it, you've still not gotten the
drip.

It gets me angry when I see what
religions have done to people

People come here to lament daily
on how god (esp. Yahweh) has
failed them and refused to turn up
for them. You can check this religious
section. At you'll find a thread like this
once weekly.

Yeah! I'm angry at why people know
that this thing is not working and yet
they are stuck under the guise of the
evil called hope.

Though no god ever disappointed me,
but I've met people face to face whom this
God has disappointed during the days
when i used to go for evangelism.

Anyways, Every of my comments on
NL is not just channeled to the
receiver but to anyone that will
find them comments in the future.

Please note the below

Advice is a visitor, you can either
welcome it or send it away.

Peace!
Ur entitled to your opinion I'm. Not ready for argument,so wether I get it or not doesn't matter ok, ur response only made me wonder what exactly u were trying to say and since u have explained,then no wahala
Re: Unanswered Prayers by azammi(m): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ladygee12:

Ur entitled to your opinion I'm. Not ready for argument,so wether I get it or not doesn't matter ok, ur response only made me wonder what exactly u were trying to say and since u have explained,then no wahala
hope you have gotten d reply to ur questions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Understand The Game Of Money, They Will Survive Tinubu govt - Pastor (vid) / How Warri Big Churches, FREE INDEED MINISTRY, Was Responsible For My Dad's Death / Is Islam Such A Violent Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.