Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Really Motivates You At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Really Motivates You At Work? (6266 Views)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? / Dear Employers This Is What Motivates Us, So Stop Asking - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by wunmi590(m): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2023

A,C and D
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Dtraitor: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2023
The free food😂😂😂
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Money of course. I don't pretend about it cos you don't expect me to be working on empty stomach or be smiling with you when my pocket is empty. All my directors don know me grin grin grin... They say Igbo woman you too like money!!! and I tell them I'm not here for jokes.

I remember when I was troubling one in America then, when she came back from her trip that year, she met in class and the first thing she said was Wow!.. Kenny you like money too much 😯😯... as I was flushing with embarrassment at her outburst, she quickly hugged and assured me she was going to do something about my pay. She then authorized the admin to increase my pay and I don't joke with her school. She too knows.

If you don't do me well, I fit enter class sometimes and repeat topic or not even teach self. You'll hear me saying, until una mama ( proprietress) pay me but good enough, all my ogas don dey comply after my initial gragra
( And prayers) with them.

I once abandoned a school without warning for a whole term because her pay was too low. She called and called. I refused to pick. The one I go jam com worse. She'll delay the other half payment till the end of the term and me I need the money to keep me going on the job. I dropped her too. That very day I dropped her, the one I abandoned called me again, I picked and gave her new terms and conditions and she agreed. That was how I went back. So everybody dey respect themselves and know better not to toy with my money. grin..

5 Likes

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2023
1. A good sense of belonging.
2. Good remuneration and Salary structure/upgrade.
3. Time staff benefits
4. Timely Career Growth and and personal development
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by BigDawsNet: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Wages
Benefits
Companies, users... depending on my designs
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by JOSBOLA(m): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2023
No motivation, nothing nothing nothing, just working. hopeful to be happy one day.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Faposky95: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Humanity......
Serving others who will need your service......
People make the world go round....and all that come with it

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Omaefe(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2023
My wife and my 3 adorable girls.

3 Likes

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Error401: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Pay and passion

IyaTola:
What makes you wake up everyday and sit at your desk & continue being happy st what you do?
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by YourGFsnatcher: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
What makes you wake up everyday and sit at your desk & continue being happy st what you do?
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits
A and B.
The pay ain't much, me and my boss dey always get issues.
But I know how much he values me and he has my best interest at heart. Anything that concerns me he takes it personally. More like a father-son relationship.
He's always working hard to put me in a better place
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Robnectar(m): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Bahamas95:
Lol, sorry hanty.

I missed the "at work", na "to work" my eyes see.....at times when I'm very busy I just read the headline and comment.

Back to the topic.....
I'm

Na one of my colleagues big soft bumbum dey motivate me for work. Everyday I must spank her bumbum free of charge.

Have I answered your question? undecided

I love ur 1st and second comment lmao 🤣😂😂😂
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Emekuz256(m): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2023
For me other benefits
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by HelipsTech: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2023
No moltivation until I establish my own companies
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by coputa(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits
By working is the only way you can get promotion in life.in the Bible God mainly meet and promoted people at their workplaces.

The first motivation to work is for survival,no food for a lazy man
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by bolinjkezzy(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2023
Career progression and the fact that i found peace where i currently work.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by paymentvoucher: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2023
SALARY ohhhhhh (7 f*cking figures mehn) ! When I check what my mates are receiving in other organization, I thank God for my job.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Faposky95:
Humanity......
Serving others who will need your service......
People make the world go round....and all that come with it

Shebi you no get bills to pay? Onye humanity. So even if the financial aspect is lacking, you won't mind cause you're humanity driven? Hunger never catch you. grin.

Well... to each his own. Me I no come count bridge for Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by capricornlady: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Pay...that's the real motivation for everyone. We all work to earn/get paid.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Negroid001(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2023
When i started, i was enthusiastic about learning new techniques and all. I'm still excited. Since I started having responsibilities, money is my biggest motivation.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by lomprico(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2023
Nothing! Even the pay sef is not encouraging but bills gat to be paid.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Johel(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits

Nothing...I just wanna get paid,so I just work..I'm my very own motivation...aje.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Sirseedorf(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2023
angry Wi-fi grin

Tips grin

Sometimes free meal grin

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Jeon(f): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2023
B, C and D

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Chetas81(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2023
DOING MY WORK DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS, AND IT BENEFITS ME
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Chetas81(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Dtraitor:
The free food😂😂😂
hhhhmmm shiooo
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by niyi9: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Do you run a business? Or are you looking to start one?
sign-up on Aster https://app.aster-bi.com/register to start:
• Issuing invoices
• Issuing receipts
• Recording expenses
• Viewing robust reports and analytics on your business performance
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Rubyventures: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2023
When its time to go home grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Pootle: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits

the poor pay jare
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Sweetvie: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
C and D
The pay and other benefits smiley

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by phemmyfour: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits
Good pay, without money A n B will suff
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by OhiOfIhima: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Feel valued, my boss doesn't keep malice and not too far from house....

But the pay is very poor.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Faposky95: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Shebi you no get bills to pay? Onye humanity. So even if the financial aspect is lacking, you won't mind cause you're humanity driven? Hunger never catch you. grin.

Well... to each his own. Me I no come count bridge for Lagos.

You're right.
I have been close to death and with people, so I have a sight further than what I can touch.
No matter how much you have, you'll never be satisfied - a price you pay.
I once had only #500 in the whole house and we - me , bros and sisters were hungry and a guy hit the door and we saw he was in bad shape. After his sordid tale, I gave him the only money in the house cos he needed it more.
I was at an interview and after being asked with my other colleagues by our boss " what's the most important thing"..?
I was the only one who didn't say money.
The rest is history.
My heart beats better when the best no matter how small comes to light.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Massive Graduate Recruitment 2013 / Diamond Bank Recruitment Form / GT Bank Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.