Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return (24376 Views)

Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return / CAF Changes AFCON U-23 Draw Date / AFCON 2021: Qualifiers Group Stage Draw, Nigeria In Group L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by obembet(f): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Arsenal return to the Champions League for the first time since 2017 this season after finishing second in the Premier League last term

Champions League football is back at the Emirates Stadium this season for the first time in seven years.

Arsenal will be hoping for a favourable draw in the group stage in order to progress to the knockout stages. Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle will all be hoping for a better draw ahead of another eye-watering campaign.

Here's everything you need to know about the 2023/24 Champions League group stage draw...

The 2023/24 Champions League group stage draw will take place on Thursday, August 31, at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. The draw will take place at 5pm and will be streamed on UEFA.com.

There will be 32 teams in the draw, 26 of whom qualified for the group stage automatically and six play-off winners, whose identity will be confirmed on August 29 and 30.

Before the draw takes place, teams are then split into four seeding pots.

In pot 1 will be the holders (Man City), Europa League winners (Seville) and the domestic champions of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Portugal. As Man City won the Champions League and Premier League, the final place in pot 1 was given to Feyenoord, the champions of the Netherlands.

Then, pots 2-4 are based on club coefficient rankings (past performances in UEFA competitions).

From there, each group will draw a team from each pot.

No club can draw a team from their own association. For example, Arsenal could not be drawn in the same group as Man United, Man City or Newcastle.

Pot 1:

Man City, Sevilla, Barcelona, Napoli, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Benfica, Feyenoord

Pot 2:

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man United, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, RB Leipzig, Porto

Pot 3:

Shakhtar Donetsk, Red Bull Salzburg, AC Milan, Lazio, Red Star Belgrade

Pot 4:

Newcastle, Union Berlin, RC Lens

There are six places left to be decided. The second legs of the play-off rounds take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. The teams are: AEK Athens/Antwerp, Copenhagen/Rakow, Galatasaray/Molde, Panathinaikos/Braga, PSV/Rangers, Young Boys/Maccabi Haifa.

Matchday 1: 19/20 September

Matchday 2: 3/4 October

Matchday 3: 24/25 October

Matchday 4: 7/8 November

Matchday 5: 28/29 November

Matchday 6: 12/13 December

Round of 16: 13/14 & 20/21 February and 5/6 & 12/3 March 2024

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline/Champions-League-group-stage-draw-date-time-and-pots-as-Arsenal-await-return/3162148

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Alchemy528: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
embarassed
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Robnectar(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by obembet(f): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
If your team no dey champion league, stay away from this thread grin

L

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by FODA(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
obembet:
If your team no dey champion league, stay away from this thread grin

Nlfpmod
you for kuku say Chelsea fans should stay off

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by obembet(f): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
FODA:
you for kuku say Chelsea fans should stay off

I beg u in the name of God,don't implicate me, I no mention any club o.. I don't even know in that Chelsea no do champion league grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by phr0nesis(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
Pot 4:
Newcastle, RC Lens, Union Berlin, Chelsea, Liverpool........

For now, only 3 teams have qualified for pot 4, but I know enemies of progress will still spot Chelsea and Liverpool on this list

3 Likes

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by 1Satanist: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
Robnectar:

My papa na warey!

Life father like son grin grin grin

Scammer!!!!

1 Like

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Freshtruth(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
I see Atletico Madrid going to the finals Newcastle will reach the round of 16
And I see Bayern winning it

Group D
Bayern
Arsenal
Ac millan
PSV

group B
Napoli
Man utd
Shaktar Donetsk
Union Berlin

Just look at the team in this year champions league easy ride for the big guns thanks to fifa for changing the format . This year is PSG and Arsenal last chance of winning it anything make them no winner this season make them forget am because the new format na inform of League me n you no say Arsenal go qualified for the round of 16 by finishing bottom 8 grin hereby facing who finish top at the other Group .
My question is will dey give English more slot in the champion league? If true the likes of Anston villa n westham get hope
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by GanagiBitrus: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
We're now in the era of UCL without Messi & Ronaldo.
They've paid their dues anyway.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Oscarchims: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
It's here again... The heart and stuff of champions
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Minecg: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nice
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Maverickking1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Make una come buy puppy make I feed my family. Please click on my profile ♥️
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by DesChyko: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
Fellow Champions League enthusiasts, Sing with me.

Ce sont les meilleures équipes

Es sind die allerbesten Mannschaften

The main event

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

Une grande réunion

Eine grosse sportliche Veranstaltung

The main event

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

Ils sont les meilleurs

Sie sind die Besten

These are the champions

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

14 Likes

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by jegaxe(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
As if you go win am
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Adeneeyee84: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chelsea fans should just stay off this thread cos their clueless team no dey anywhere here.... Up Manchester United for life

7 Likes

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by GraphicsSure: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Racoon(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
My Arsenal! Gunners!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by bigdammyj: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Following...
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Kingosytex(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
Arsenal return again to face Bayern cheesy

Who thinks Man City will retain the UCL?
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Alvin212(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
obembet:
Arsenal return to the Champions League for the first time since 2017 this season after finishing second in the Premier League last term

Champions League football is back at the Emirates Stadium this season for the first time in seven years.

Arsenal will be hoping for a favourable draw in the group stage in order to progress to the knockout stages. Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle will all be hoping for a better draw ahead of another eye-watering campaign.

Here's everything you need to know about the 2023/24 Champions League group stage draw...

The 2023/24 Champions League group stage draw will take place on Thursday, August 31, at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. The draw will take place at 5pm and will be streamed on UEFA.com.

There will be 32 teams in the draw, 26 of whom qualified for the group stage automatically and six play-off winners, whose identity will be confirmed on August 29 and 30.

Before the draw takes place, teams are then split into four seeding pots.

In pot 1 will be the holders (Man City), Europa League winners (Seville) and the domestic champions of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Portugal. As Man City won the Champions League and Premier League, the final place in pot 1 was given to Feyenoord, the champions of the Netherlands.

Then, pots 2-4 are based on club coefficient rankings (past performances in UEFA competitions).

From there, each group will draw a team from each pot.

No club can draw a team from their own association. For example, Arsenal could not be drawn in the same group as Man United, Man City or Newcastle.

Pot 1:

Man City, Sevilla, Barcelona, Napoli, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Benfica, Feyenoord

Pot 2:

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man United, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, RB Leipzig, Porto

Pot 3:

Shakhtar Donetsk, Red Bull Salzburg, AC Milan, Lazio, Red Star Belgrade

Pot 4:

Newcastle, Union Berlin, RC Lens

There are six places left to be decided. The second legs of the play-off rounds take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. The teams are: AEK Athens/Antwerp, Copenhagen/Rakow, Galatasaray/Molde, Panathinaikos/Braga, PSV/Rangers, Young Boys/Maccabi Haifa.

Matchday 1: 19/20 September

Matchday 2: 3/4 October

Matchday 3: 24/25 October

Matchday 4: 7/8 November

Matchday 5: 28/29 November

Matchday 6: 12/13 December

Round of 16: 13/14 & 20/21 February and 5/6 & 12/3 March 2024

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline/Champions-League-group-stage-draw-date-time-and-pots-as-Arsenal-await-return/3162148

Thursday and you're posting it today

Jobless mod
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by sotall(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
undecided
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by JoshTim: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Freshtruth:
I see PSG going to the finals again. Newcastle will reach the round of 16
And I see Bayern winning it

How PSG wan take reach final?
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by DesignnValue: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nice one
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by AllBlack: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chelsea will be right back after this commercial break
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by Tecnophone: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
wetin concern Chelsea
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by AllBlack: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Racoon:
My Arsenal! Gunners!!!!!!!!
Goofers.
Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw Date, Time And Pots As Arsenal Await Return by GanagiBitrus: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Correct Fixture:
Feyenoord
Arsenal
Red Star
Lens

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diego Costa Handed 8-Match Ban After Red Card Vs Barcelona / Nwakali Pictured With Ndidi, Musa, Ezenwa, Shehu Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.