Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,040 members, 7,845,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? (1058 Views)

How I Was Billed 3.5m At Toyota Place In Lagos Ladipo Area, To Fix My Car / I Am In Need Of 02 Sensor Adapters / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Thatwebdev: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Greetings,

I have conducted extensive research regarding this matter and am seeking insights from your expertise.

I own a 2003 Honda Accord Type S with an i4 engine. Despite the OBD readings indicating reasonable fuel consumption, I've noticed an apparent fuel consumption issue. I will provide attached photos subsequent to this post. Lately, I've been facing notably high fuel consumption despite my attempts to resolve the problem. I've already replaced the spark plugs and serviced all serviceable components.

The persistent error code that initially came with the car, which pertains to the O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit, continues to be the outcome of my scans.

Additional note: The car was initially purchased without a catalytic converter. I possess real-time data from three separate trips, encompassing fuel consumption and other related metrics.

When driving, the downstream O2 sensor exhibits a reading of 1.48v. Notably, the short-term and long-term fuel trims consistently display no readings. Both cooling fans are functioning directly. I've contemplated the acquisition of a functional upstream O2 sensor with the intention that it might alleviate fuel consumption, given that the upstream sensor is completely detached from its port.

I find myself in a state of confusion. I'm hesitant to make the purchase if it ultimately proves ineffective. Your insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I will provide any data required from my data recording upon request.

modified: My panel beater said i had a leak at the front of the exhaust and it has been fixed.
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Thatwebdev: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
This was from the first trip after fixing the exhaust.

Can I trust the data? it was a data recording using the car scanner app connected to my obd scanner.

Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Thatwebdev: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Yesterday evening..

Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Thatwebdev: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
This is from the infocar app that can be used to track fuel consumption too.

Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by 7bucklife: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Buy new one from ebay. It costs about 25k. Don't buy toks. Buy brand new from ebay. oem
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by fineboynl(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Data from all those rolubbish app does not work. You will get direct info from real time. Test Ur fuel from your odometer
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Wizdeen(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Hey man, where you able to figure this out, I own the same exact model, and I also had an exhaust net leakage, fixing it improved my fuel performance, i would like to know what are the other services you did and how was their impact on your fuel economy?
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by BamBamK: 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2023
7bucklife:
Buy new one from ebay. It costs about 25k. Don't buy toks. Buy brand new from ebay. oem

Yahoo boys don dey ply that field o. Make e no go dash them Christmas money, e for better if e chew gum senior men like heavenlybang, Gazzuzz, EDEE, kingreign etc

1 Like

Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by 7bucklife: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2023
I can buy u one. A lifetime obd scanner.coloured. it uses wire and your engine doesn't need to be on for it to work. Just turn the key to position 2 or roll the fans....its 35k. Its a lifetime old scanner. U will use it and use it tilli sell it.
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Thatwebdev: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2023
Wizdeen:
Hey man, where you able to figure this out, I own the same exact model, and I also had an exhaust net leakage, fixing it improved my fuel performance, i would like to know what are the other services you did and how was their impact on your fuel economy?

yeah, i fixed the leak. Got a sensor, although the sensor failed after a month. i just got another one..
Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by Whois(m): 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
I'm experiencing the same issues. Rav4 year 05 model. The solution is to replace the two 02 sensors.

Re: Should I Fix My Upstream 02 Sensor? by fineboynl(m): 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
Whois:
I'm experiencing the same issues. Rav4 year 05 model. The solution is to replace the two 02 sensors.
how much you bought this scanner

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Flying Car! / What Can Crack A Car Engine / Has Cargo Tracking Note; Ctn Been Cancelled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.