Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,382 members, 7,850,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

The Five Crowns In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Five Crowns In The Bible (263 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Five Crowns In The Bible by Captain9ja(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
The Scriptures tell us about 5 Crowns that would be awarded to believers, these 5 crowns will be presented as rewards to believers when they appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ. However, there is something you must do to receive each one.

1. Incorruptible Crown;
1 Cor 9:24 - 25: Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receives the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

A Crown given for running the race and finishing it.

2. The Crown of Rejoicing;
Phili 4:1: Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
1 Thess 2:19: For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

Believers need to share their faith with others to receive this crown. It is given to those who win souls to Christ.

3. The Crown of righteousness;
2 Tim 4:8: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

This is for those who love Christ’s appearing, eagerly waiting for the return of our Lord.

4. The Crown of Life;
James 1:12 : Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Rev 2:10: Fear none of those things which thou shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

It is a reward for those who patiently endure testing, temptation, persecution & martyrdom. You need to love Jesus more than your own life to get this Crown.

5. The Crown of Glory;
1 Pet 5:4: And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

This is for every person who feeds the flock; – the pastors, apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers, ministers, and every person carrying out the great commission.
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by duro4chang(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2023
Are we still going to have flesh to wear crown? Are we not going to be spirit?
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by Captain9ja(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
duro4chang:
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. Dan 12:3
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by duro4chang(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2023
Captain9ja:

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. Dan 12:3

You have not answered my question
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by Westerhoffe(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
duro4chang:

When JESUS CHRIST rose from the dead, He had become Immortal, but He took back His body…

Same way we all are going to take back our bodies even after death at the resurrection, translated into immortality incorruptible.

You might wonder how shall it be for the bodies which had rot to bones? Right?
Yes!
They all will return back to unite with their souls at the resurrection. JESUS CHRIST will do it.

John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁸ Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
²⁹ And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
— John 5:25 (KJV)

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:”
— 1 Corinthians 15:42 (KJV)

John 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
²⁶ And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by duro4chang(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

When JESUS CHRIST rose from the dead, He had become Immortal, but He took back His body…

Same way we all are going to take back our bodies even after death at the resurrection, translated into immortality incorruptible.

You might wonder how shall it be for the bodies which had rot to bones? Right?
Yes!
They all will return back to unite with their souls at the resurrection. JESUS CHRIST will do it.

John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁸ Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
²⁹ And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
— John 5:25 (KJV)

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:”
— 1 Corinthians 15:42 (KJV)

John 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
²⁶ And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
But the bible says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. 1 corr 15:50
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by Westerhoffe(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
duro4chang:
But the bible says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. 1 corr 15:50

The resurrected immortal incorruptible bodies is no longer as the corruptible.
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by duro4chang(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

The resurrected immortal incorruptible bodies is no longer as the corruptible.
There is going to be another body for 5he saints?
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by Westerhoffe(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
duro4chang:
There is going to be another body for 5he saints?

At the resurrection.
Regardless of how they die.
Re: The Five Crowns In The Bible by duro4chang(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

At the resurrection.
Regardless of how they die.
We shall all be there in Jesus name

(1) (Reply)

MFM Pastor, D.K Olukoya Blasts Prophets Over 2023 Election Prophecies (VIDEO) / CERN Are Trying To Open A Portal To HELL / Al Qaeda Frees Missionary In Burkina Faso But Detained Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.