Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams (1043 Views)

Lets Discuss About The Departed Souls / Who Is In Abuja? Let's Discuss Or Debate In Person. / Atheists Let's Discuss God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Busybrain2233: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hello Fellas,

I have had countless conversations with some of my homies that are claiming that dreams are more spiritually/supernaturally related than medically related. Reasons been that, some dreams do come to pass exactly how it was dreamt.

And I responded that most times dreams occur as a result of stress, obsession or drugs one takes. I further explained that a person who dreamt of an event coming to pass, might later dream and it won't come to reality. Therefore if it was a spiritual/supernatural ability it won't have to fail to occur sometimes.

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

Please what are your views on this topic
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by LordReed(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hello Fellas,

I have had countless conversations with some of my homies that are claiming that dreams are more spiritually/supernaturally related than medically related.

Reasons been that, some dreams do come to pass exactly how it was dreamt.

And I responded that most times dreams occur as a result of stress, obsession or drugs one takes. I further explained that a person who dreamt of an event coming to pass, might later dream and it won't come to reality. Therefore if it was a spiritual/supernatural ability it won't have to fail to occur sometimes.

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

I do not think dreams are some kind of supernatural occurrence. It is obvious that our consciousness is a complex mechanism and is yet to be fully investigated as to all its nitty gritty but twhat we know so far puts it's operations firmly in the natural.

In my opinion dreams are like predictions with heightened or lowered probabilities for occurrence in real life depending on the elements within the dream. If you dream that you grew wings and flew like a bird you know the possibility of that happening is essentially zero but if you dream that someone gives you dollars the possibility is higher than zero. In essence there is nothing special happening in dreams.

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hello Fellas,

I have had countless conversations with some of my homies that are claiming that dreams are more spiritually/supernaturally related than medically related.

Reasons been that, some dreams do come to pass exactly how it was dreamt.

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

What kind of contradiction and confusion is this?

You admit that some dreams come to pass yet you are confused?

Did they say all dreams come to pass?

2 Likes

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Dtruthspeaker: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
LordReed:

I do not think dreams are some kind of supernatural occurrence. I.

Yet when they touch you for dream you jerk like person wet electricity shock. And for some dem dey throw blow for air as dem dey sleep.

Anyway, you be liar before so I no expect say your talk to dey completely True.
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by LordReed(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet when they touch you for dream you jerk like person wet electricity shock. And for some dem dey throw blow for air as dem dey sleep.

You be olodo I swear. LMAO! As if people don't flinch for things they do not see or have imagined. Bwahahahahaha!

3 Likes

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Busybrain2233: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Oga readwell, That's their reason for saying it's spiritually related.

Dtruthspeaker:

What kind of contradiction and confusion is this?

You admit that some dreams come to pass yet you are confused?

Did they say all dreams come to pass?
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
LordReed:

I do not think dreams are some kind of supernatural occurrence. It is obvious that our consciousness is a complex mechanism and is yet to be fully investigated as to all its nitty gritty but twhat we know so far puts it's operations firmly in the natural.

In my opinion dreams are like predictions with heightened or lowered probabilities for occurrence in real life depending on the elements within the dream. If you dream that you grew wings and flew like a bird you know the possibility of that happening is essentially zero but if you dream that someone gives you dollars the possibility is higher than zero. In essence there is nothing special happening in dreams.

Lolz, tell this joke and fable to Joseph, Pharaoh, Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar. After that, discuss it with Joseph the husband of Mary. Ignorance on a raised power.

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by FRANCISTOWN: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hello Fellas,

I have had countless conversations with some of my homies that are claiming that dreams are more spiritually/supernaturally related than medically related. Reasons been that, some dreams do come to pass exactly how it was dreamt.

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

This is what I honestly think about dream.

In the 19s, a Professor at Duke University, Dr. Banks did a research. And thru that research it was discovered that every human on earth has something called the 6th sense otherwise known as "extra sensory" mode of perception.

To be put simply, let's call it instinct.

The research resolved that this 6th sense is located somewhere at the centre of the human brain, but no one has been able to state exactly where it is, or what it is. Stay with me.

So basically what does this "extra sensory". It's responsible for clairvoyance and telepathy.

That's why some people leave a certain place before bad things occur and when you ask them, they'll say they just felt like or their mind spoke to them.

Gamblers also use this 6th sense in card selection and in reading their opponents' mind.

However, just like some people have very sharp taste bud or very good eyesight. This sixth sense is also very active in some people as opposed to others.

Let's make this point 1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by FRANCISTOWN: 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hello Fellas,

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

There is a branch of philosophy that supports something called "Hard Determinism", though several philosophers are against it.

That's basically "Cause and Effect".

Simply put, it means every event in this world must have had a cause. For instance, I'm in this thread because you mentioned me, you mentioned me because you crested a thread, you were able to create a thread because there is NL, there is NL because there is the internet.

Now when NL was hosted online several years ago, that "cause" already had this "effect"(me commenting on this thread) in it, that same year.

To every action there is a predetermined/expected effect.(Law of Natural consequences)

Let's make this point 2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by FRANCISTOWN: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hello Fellas,

FRANCISTOWN
Jaephoenix
Maynman
LordReed
Sirtee15
Workch
A001

Every event that will happen every second has already been initiated by a cause, unless there is another cause to change that event.

I'm dropping this comment because I've sent two different comments ahead and I must complete my points.
The first two comments were the cause for this comment now.

Now what the "sixth sense" does is to predict the expected event that will follow a certain "cause".

Let's say I dream that someone dies, and the person later goes on to really die. My dream wouldn't be responsible for the person's death. There is already a cause to warrant the person's death to begin with.

Mind you, a dream is a series of phantasmagoria. Your brain tries to create scenes from your memory. What you've seen, what you've heard or what you've come across with any of your sense organs including the sixth sense.

That's why blind people only have auditory dreams, because the brain cannot process any image to merge into sceneries.

Dreams are merely predictions, intuitions or feelings that are passed into the brain for phantasmagoria.

Dream is nothing spiritual, the same way clairvoyance, telepathy are nothing spiritual.

Nostradamus was prolly one of the greatest prophets of all time, yet, he made his predictions by carefully analysing the past events (cause and effect)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

There is a branch of philosophy that supports something called "Hard Determinism", though several philosophers are against it.

That's basically "Cause and Effect".

Simply put, it means every event in this world must have had a cause. For instance, I'm in this thread because you mentioned me, you mentioned me because you crested a thread, you were able to create a thread because there is NL, there is NL because there is the internet.

Now when NL was hosted online several years ago, that "cause" already had this "effect"(me commenting on this thread) in it, that same year.

To every action there is a predetermined/expected effect.(Law of Natural consequences)

Let's make this point 2.
Dreams occur from our brain. Its a connection of synapses between the prefrontal cortex, hypothalamus, hippocampus and probably the limbic system. They utilize our memory and conjur stuff. For example, you watched horror movies. Your prefrontal which handles memory with influence from other centers, serve up a horror themed dream which seemed real. Now if you're someone that don't believe that stuff that happen in horror movies are real(like me), watching such movies won't throw up horrible nightmares since my subconscious mind tells my cortex that they aren't real. And thus I dont have nightmares. My wife would watch the same horror flick and have nightmares.
Dreams coming true sometimes may be a phenomenon known as deja vu.
Also don't ignore chances of luck or coincidences happening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It's all part of the dream complex. Some prefrontal cortex which controls those part of the dream assumes they are real and activate the corticospinal tracts.
I have told you to stay away from scientific and philosophical discourses. You just don't have the mental capacities for them

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by FRANCISTOWN: 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dreams occur from our brain. Its a connection of synapses between the prefrontal cortex, hypothalamus, hippocampus and probably the limbic system. They utilize our memory and conjur stuff. For example, you watched horror movies. Your prefrontal which handles memory with influence from other centers, serve up a horror themed dream which seemed real. Now if you're someone that don't believe that stuff that happen in horror movies are real(like me), watching such movies won't throw up horrible nightmares since my subconscious mind tells my cortex that they aren't real. And thus I dont have nightmares. My wife would watch the same horror flick and have nightmares.

Exactly!

I was trying to balance two different conflicting bodies of knowledge.

Dreams and visions coming true is basically coincidental.

💯
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Image123:

Lolz, tell this joke and fable to Joseph, Pharaoh, Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar. After that, discuss it with Joseph the husband of Mary. Ignorance on a raised power.
How about talking to Spiderman and Thor. They may have an idea about dreams
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

This is what I honestly think about dream.

In the 19s, a Professor at Duke University, Dr. Banks did a research. And thru that research it was discovered that every human on earth has something called the 6th sense otherwise known as "extra sensory" mode of perception.

To be put simply, let's call it instinct.

The research resolved that this 6th sense is located somewhere at the centre of the human brain, but no one has been able to state exactly where it is, or what it is. Stay with me.

So basically what does this "extra sensory". It's responsible for clairvoyance and telepathy.

That's why some people leave a certain place before bad things occur and when you ask them, they'll say they just felt like or their mind spoke to them.

Gamblers also use this 6th sense in card selection and in reading their opponents' mind.

However, just like some people have very sharp taste bud or very good eyesight. This sixth sense is also very active in some people as opposed to others.

Let's make this point 1.
Its gut feeling, and gut feeling can be wrong too. Many times . Aint nothing like 'sixth sense'(its an psedoscientific term). The gamblers instinct also fails them woefully. And this has nothing to do with people with sharp taste buds also known as hypergustatory folks. In this case, their brains which is used for tasting processes tastes better. Same as people that have good vision
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Busybrain2233: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Wow 😲, this is definitely a wide topic, but it's absolutely interesting to learn.

FRANCISTOWN:

Every event that will happen every second has already been initiated by a cause, unless there is another cause to change that event.

I'm dropping this comment because I've sent two different comments ahead and I must complete my points.

Now what the "sixth sense" does is to predict the expected event that will follow a certain "cause".

Let's say I dream that someone dies, and the person later goes on to really die. My dream wouldn't be responsible for the person's death. There is already a cause to warrant the person's death to begin with.

Mind you, a dream is a series of phantasmagoria. Your brain tries to create scenes from your memory. What you've seen, what you've heard or what you've come across with any of your sense organs including the sixth sense.

That's why blind people only have auditory dreams, because the brain cannot process any image to merge into sceneries.

Dreams are merely predictions, intuitions or feelings that are passed into the brain for phantasmagoria.

Dream is nothing spiritual, the same way clairvoyance, telepathy are nothing spiritual.

Nostradamus was prolly one of the greatest prophets of all time, yet, he made his predictions by carefully analysing the past events (cause and effect)
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Busybrain2233: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
These religious folks needs to pick up their writing materials and learn, not some mumbo jumbo they were indoctrinated about.

jaephoenix:

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by FRANCISTOWN: 4:39am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its gut feeling, and gut feeling can be wrong too. Many times . Aint nothing like 'sixth sense'(its an psedoscientific term). The gamblers instinct also fails them woefully. And this has nothing to do with people with sharp taste buds also known as hypergustatory folks. In this case, their brains which is used for tasting processes tastes better. Same as people that have good vision

I didn't just manufacture this from thin air. I read to this extent.

"In the 19s, a Professor at Duke University, Dr. Banks lead a research. And thru that research it was discovered that every human on earth has something called the 6th sense otherwise known as "extra sensory" mode of perception."

Well, that was according to a scientific research which was carried out by a group of researchers lead by Professor Banks of Duke University in the 19s , as reported and authored by E. Lt. Wright in Harpers Magazine.

I read about that some fifteen years ago.

You've not lead any research on the topic, so, I guess it's more appropriate to balance your views.

My explanation addressed the reason some dreams, prophecies and visions come to pass and how it has nothing to do with spiritualism or spiritism.

We can't deny that some predictions do come to pass(even in bettings such as lotto, and pool, etc). We should be able to explain that logically.

My final submission stated clearly that dreams, visions, clairvoyance and telepathy are mere predictions and should not be taken seriously by any serious person.

I even used Nostradamus, one of the fathers of predictions as a perfect example, so, I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say or maybe I wasn't clear enough

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Image123(m): 5:24am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

How about talking to Spiderman and Thor. They may have an idea about dreams

If it helps you, why not?
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Image123(m): 5:32am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

And what does not fail again? Do physical processes not fail? Do clinical surgeries not fail? Do stocks and trade not fail? Ever heard of accidents? What cannot be wrong? Science and whatever else you worship is wrong and fails woefully every other day so what criteria are you on about?

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Can you give any evidence based demonstration of clairvoyance and/or telepathy that was recorded?

Nostradamus didn't predict anything. You just have people retroactively reading meaning into his writings.

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Maynman: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Cause and effect are the same event.

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

It's all part of the dream complex. Some prefrontal cortex which controls those part of the dream assumes they are real and activate the corticospinal tracts.
I have told you to stay away from scientific and philosophical discourses. You just don't have the mental capacities for them

That is just bullshit. Your machines are only reading the physical responses going on in a person and that is all they are doing. It is only the person who can explain his experience. And ofcourse there are dreams and there are dreams.
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2023
LordReed:

You be olodo I swear. LMAO! As if people don't flinch for things they do not see or have imagined. Bwahahahahaha!

You be serpent true true. People flinch for nothing abi? Or people just sleep and wish to dream nightmares abi? Your lies never end
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is just bullshit. Your machines are only reading the physical responses going on in a person and that is all they are doing. It is only the person who can explain his experience. And ofcourse there are dreams and there are dreams.
So what 'machines' are you using? And how do you calibrate and use them?
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I didn't just manufacture this from thin air. I read to this extent.

"In the 19s, a Professor at Duke University, Dr. Banks lead a research. And thru that research it was discovered that every human on earth has something called the 6th sense otherwise known as "extra sensory" mode of perception."

Well, that was according to a scientific research which was carried out by a group of researchers lead by Professor Banks of Duke University in the 19s , as reported and authored by E. Lt. Wright in Harpers Magazine.

I read about that some fifteen years ago.

You've not lead any research on the topic, so, I guess it's more appropriate to balance your views.

My explanation addressed the reason some dreams, prophecies and visions come to pass and how it has nothing to do with spiritualism or spiritism.

We can't deny that some predictions do come to pass(even in bettings such as lotto, and pool, etc). We should be able to explain that logically.

My final submission stated clearly that dreams, visions, clairvoyance and telepathy are mere predictions and should not be taken seriously by any serious person.

I even used Nostradamus, one of the fathers of predictions as a perfect example, so, I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say or maybe I wasn't clear enough
Some predictions do come through of course. If not, how would people win Naijabet. But they are predictions based on experiences and data from previous matches, leading to one to make a logical conclusion. And of course, they can fail since matches throw up unexpected results leading to loss of bets. Can you say your predictions are always correct? No. Can one base his or her betting on your predictions? No. That is how the law of averages work. You win some, you lose some.
About the sixth sense research, it hasn't been scientifically proven. Its speculation and theory but wasn't proven.
This is what I gathered from LiveScience,
The new study, detailed Monday (Jan. 13) in the journal PLOS ONE, found that what people perceive as a sixth sense may simply be their vision systems detecting changes they can't articulate.

"People can sense things that they believe they cannot see," such as changes in a person's appearance, said study co-author Piers Howe, a vision scientist at the University of Melbourne in Australia. "But this isn't anything magical or a sixth sense; this can be explained in terms of known visual processing."

https://www.livescience.com/42635-esp-sixth-sense-just-vision.html

2 Likes

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2023
Image123:

If it helps you, why not?
Ok. So what did Joseph etc tell you, bro?
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2023
Image123:

And what does not fail again? Do physical processes not fail? Do clinical surgeries not fail? Do stocks and trade not fail? Ever heard of accidents? What cannot be wrong? Science and whatever else you worship is wrong and fails woefully every other day so what criteria are you on about?
According to science, bringing hydrogen and oxygen together gives water. Has it proven wrong?
Oh I worship science. At least it provided vaccines that has kept me alive, and cars that helped me move around. Even though it has provided bad stuff, the good stuff outweighs the bad.
Name one thing, this your religion has done for you?

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:28am On Aug 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You be serpent true true. People flinch for nothing abi? Or people just sleep and wish to dream nightmares abi? Your lies never end
People dream due to contents of their memory. There's nothing spiritual about it.
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Image123(m): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ok. So what did Joseph etc tell you, bro?

Ask the person that i sent, reed.
Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by Image123(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2023
jaephoenix:

According to science, bringing hydrogen and oxygen together gives water. Has it proven wrong?
Oh I worship science. At least it provided vaccines that has kept me alive, and cars that helped me move around. Even though it has provided bad stuff, the good stuff outweighs the bad.
Name one thing, this your religion has done for you?

Science, physical processes, clinical surgeries, stocks and trade all fail. Their failure doesn't make them useless or meaningless. Saying some dreams fail,hence dismiss all dreams is fallacious. Get the simple one line point into your head before roaming around aimlessly.

1 Like

Re: Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams by jaephoenix(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2023
Image123:

Ask the person that i sent, reed.
Why are you reflecting? Reed doesn't believe in the stories on your buybull. Please answer the question , or simply say you don't know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Christmas To All Nairalanders / Is Partiality Found In God? What Will You Do? / Are You Searching For The "truth"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.