Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 (23984 Views)

UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Presstar(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has issued a directive requiring all international airlines to leave the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) by Sunday, October 1, 2023.

Keyamo made the announcement during an inspection visit to the international airport in Lagos.

The minister directed the airlines and companies operating in the airport to move to the new terminal – MMIA Terminal 2.

He also suspended all contracts, projects, and concessions in the sector until further notice.

“All airlines should vacate the MMIA before October 1 and relocate to MMIA Terminal 2,” Keyamo said.

Also, Keyamo ordered the suspension of the Nigeria Air project inaugurated by former President Muhammadu Buhari.

Keyamo also put on hold all arrangements under his predecessor, Hadi Sirika, to enable proper audit of contracts in the aviation industry.

He has also put a halt to the concession project, saying that he owes it to the federal government (FG) and Nigerians to give an honest assessment.

The recently-appointed minister of aviation further said the suspension will be in place until he briefs President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/fg-to-shut-down-murtala-muhammed-airport-from-october-1/amp

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Racoon(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
The nation’s gateway airport is also not even spared their own corruption.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by pquaver(m): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
Presstar:
BREAKING: Nigerian government to close Lagos airport from October 1, gives reason

SOURCE: https:///breaking-nigerian-government-to-close-lagos-airport-from-october-1-gives-reason/

Nice one the place is an eyesore but abeg where i go land for that October sef when i de comeback?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by flokii: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nice one from Mr Keyamo.. I hope he keeps up the tempo.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Ballmer: 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
Do you live on NL abi you no get job

Racoon:

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Parachoko: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good One

I will be glad if he truly work on the airport.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Burob: 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:
Shameless old Wailer.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Omoawoke2(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Long over due

One thing that GEJ was able to resolve was the era of plane crash in Nigeria

Omoh that period was scary, to travel by flight became a very fearful thing

10 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by GboyegaD(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
For those who are conversant with the airport, where is terminal 2?

Is the terminal 2 going to serve both the local and international flights?

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Kobicove(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Initial gragra! grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by PheelzAlmighty: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Abi shutdown the country sef... Nigeria is on autopilot.

Pathetic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by ednut1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good idea. Once you land that airport ehn. Heat and horrible smell welcomes you

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by CaptainFM1: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
After 6months, all these initial gragra will end, and it will now be time to start stealing his own money.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Evestar200(f): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
I was wondering if the new terminal is for decoration

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Atheistan: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
What
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
Okay.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by mayor1814: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2023
I hope this directive will not disrupt travel plans.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by happney65: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2023
mayor1814:
I hope this directive will not disrupt travel plans.

No,it is just for them to move to MMI2 which is the new terminal

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Triangles1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good move.

Who still remember sosoliso and belview airline.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by FitCorper: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
What are the implications of this? Someone should be explain succinctly

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by FreeStuffsNG: 11:05pm On Aug 31, 2023
The Chinese will not allow this to be successful if their concession agreement is not implemented.

If we no longer want to give them the chance to recoup their money then let's pay them off once and for all.

I read somewhere that the delay on the use of the new terminal borders on the disagreement that ensued from the concession agreement we signed with them right from the time of PDP when Mrs Stella Oduah was Aviation Minister under GEJ. Check my signature for free stuffs!

6 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by nedekid: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kai, he may have good intentions, but you do not just enter a field you know nothing about and in just few days as minister, start making rash decisions. It is a recipe for desaster.
Probably he should have understudied the ministry for few months. Aviation is a technical field and not just a common sense or agbari one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by spako4(m): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
Well done! Keyamo
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Akaegwu(m): 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
What's my business with that's. I always use Edo Air ways. Aka Bendel insurance
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Kusu12: 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:

Nairaland obidot resident.. Weldone sir.

16 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by jaxxy(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
Oh well bt why was it delayed b4? what was the reason?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Nigerians In Iceland / Nigerian Soldier Dies In A Fatal Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.