Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf (13280 Views)

Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf / Brazil Vs Nigeria Friendly: Neymar, Coutinho Lead Brazil Squad, Vinicius Out / Neymar Arrives In Style By Helicopter As He Links Up With Brazil Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by HonNL: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
The Brazilian Football Confederation and Manchester United are facing calls to axe the £84m forward Antony after the player’s ex-girlfriend made serious allegations against him of physical assault, including that he threatened to kill her and attacked her with a glass.

The Brazilian website UOL reported the accusations – which Antony called “false” – on Monday, a fortnight after Mason Greenwood was forced to leave Manchester United despite rape charges against him being dropped and as Brazil’s Seleção prepared for World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru. Antony is one of seven forwards in Brazil’s squad.

UOL’s exposé contained a series of serious allegations from Gabriela Cavallin, a DJ and social media influencer with nearly half a million Instagram followers. Antony and Cavallin became a couple in 2021, before his 2022 move from Ajax to Manchester United.

Cavallin, who provided UOL with photographs and WhatsApp messages, alleged the São Paulo-born player had first attacked her on 1 June last year, when she was pregnant with their child and on holiday in Brazil. She claimed Antony, who is 23, became angry after spotting her in a nightclub he was also at, and “put her in the car, repeatedly assaulted her and threatened to throw her out of the car at high speed”.

Cavallin told UOL: “He said that if I wasn’t going to be with him, I wouldn’t be with anyone … I was shaking with fear.”

A second alleged attack allegedly took place in Manchester on 15 January this year – one day after United’s 2-1 victory against Manchester City. According to the report, it left Cavallin needing medical attention in her room at the four-star Hyatt Regancy hotel. “He punched me in the breast and my silicon [implant] flipped over,” she told the website, adding: “He said, ‘I didn’t mean to hurt you, it was an accident, it wasn’t a punch – I just held you against the wall.’” A photograph showed what Cavallin said was a head wound she had sustained in the attack.

According to UOL’s report, a third alleged attack took place on 8 May this year when Cavallin claims the player “tried to attack her face with a glass” during an argument. While trying to defend herself, Cavallin said she had suffered a deep wound to a finger on her right hand which left the bone exposed. As she scrambled to book a flight back to Brazil to get away from the player, Cavallin wrote a message to the travel agent – provided to UOL – that said: “I need to get out of here before he kills me.”

The accusations – which have been reported to police in São Paulo and Manchester – sparked outrage in Brazil and calls for the player to be removed from the national team while police conducted their investigations.

Paulo Vinícius Coelho, one of Brazil’s top sportswriters, said he believed Antony should be arrested as well as axed from the Brazil squad. “The justice system must do its part,” Coelho wrote on his blog.

Another sportswriter, Danilo Lavieri, said Brazil’s interim coach, Fernando Diniz, had no choice but to axe Antony. Diniz has admitted publicly that he did not include West Ham’s Lucas Paquetá in the squad because of a Football Association investigation into potential betting breaches. Not leaving Antony out would send a “dangerous message” that one case was less serious than the other, Lavieri wrote.

In a statement, Antony said: “I can say with tranquility … that I am innocent of the accusations that have been made. My relationship with Ms Gabriela was tumultuous, with insults [made] on both sides, but never did I commit any act of physical aggression.”

The Manchester United player claimed his accuser had repeatedly changed her story over the alleged attacks. “Therefore, I vehemently deny these accusations and [would like] to make it clear that I remain willing to clear up whatever is necessary to Brazilian authorities.”

Other WhatsApp messages provided to Brazilian news outlets by Antony’s former girlfriend painted the player in a toxic light. “You and me are done. I hope you die. Get bleeped,” he wrote in one message. In another WhatsApp message the footballer appeared to apologise for “kicking and attacking” Cavallin.

In a statement to the Telegraph, Greater Manchester Police said it was “aware of the allegations made and inquiries remain ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this report. We will not be commenting any further at this time”.

SOURCE

Brazil dropped Manchester United winger Antony from its squad for two upcoming World Cup qualifiers after Brazilian media on Monday published details of alleged domestic abuse against his ex-girlfriend.

The Brazilian soccer confederation said Antony will not be part of the team for games against Bolivia and Peru “due to the facts that became public on Monday.”

Antony’s ex-girlfriend reported him to police on May 20 over alleged domestic violence, accusations that he denied in June and again on Monday.

Brazilian media published alleged exchanges between the two, in which the player appears to threaten and intimidate the woman on several occasions.

Brazil’s soccer body said the case “needs to be investigated” and that the player’s removal was aimed at protecting him, the alleged victim and the national team.

Sao Paulo police confirmed to The Associated Press that an investigation is ongoing, but did not provide details.

The 23-year-old Antony posted a statement on Instagram earlier Monday, before he was removed from the team, saying “I vehemently deny the accusations.”

He said his relationship with the woman had been “tumultuous” but that he never physically attacked her.

“Every moment, in testimonies or in interviews, she brings a different version of the accusations,” Antony wrote.

Antony played for Brazil at the World Cup in Qatar and has scored two goals in 16 games for the national team.

Arsenal forward Gabriel Jesus was called up to the national team as a replacement for the two games.

SOURCE

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Alchemy528: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Never
Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by jaeyking(m): 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wahala
I just hope another benjamin Mendy is not in view

Women should be prosecuted too

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Samuelojonla123(m): 1:58am On Sep 05, 2023
Daughters of Eve at it again.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Moneyyyy09: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2023
Another United player again...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by GanagiBitrus: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2023
From the days of Adam & Eve till now, women have been ruining the lives of unwary men.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Blake755: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2023
If the way man u players dey beat there wife is the way the do in front of the goal the will be scoring 30 goals each

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by TooNoisy(f): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2023
This will always happen to footballers. When you give a young boy from the streets £200,000 per week, he will definitely misbehave. Unfortunately, the girls now know this and are ready to take advantage.

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Patrioticman007(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2023
jaeyking:
Wahala
I just hope another benjamin Mendy is not in view

Women should be persecuted too

It's a masonic conspiracy to bring down men for false allegations.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2023
Our Darling Men.
Becareful of your dealings with women.
We will also wait for the final outcome of this case just as we waited for the cases of Greenwood, Neymar, Deshawn Watson, Mendy etc.........
The truth shall prevail.
If Anthony is found guilty, he should face the law,
If not, the girl should face the law as well.

Btw,
Men get assaulted also.
In the eyes of the law, only a man can commit rape, as penetration with the penis has to occur, but men can still be raped and sexually assaulted.
In a recent Reddit thread, men opened up about their devastating experiences of being sexually assaulted by women, and how it has affected their lives in the long term.

Below is just one of those stories.....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Akaegwu(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2023
Greenwood treatment may follow up.

1 Like

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Botragelad: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2023
Bad.
Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Shacold: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Pls explain this assault to me, may be even talking to them undecided
Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Guyman01: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Kpekus about to ruin another one, Dani Alves is still in prison writing love letters to a woman that has applied for divorce.
Neymar escaped by whiskers because the girl mounted a camera that caught her assaulting him

MANNABBQGRILL:
Women....
I remember when you were pretending to be a woman on this forum until you were bursted, you should be in Daura with your Darling Daddy Buhari 👨
If you mention this BBQGRILL guy Nairaland will change it to 12556785 undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by iampeterben(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
E Don reach Antony hand? That Greenwood wing something is really.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
I hope this guy and his career will survive this...the lady is a social media influencer....Haa Antony. shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by bamirotola: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
If this allegations are not properly checked , the world of football will become extinct... When they no longer get what they desire , they hurt the hand that once fed them...

Footballers need to be careful of these daughters of jezebel .. they are there to ruin their career , and this is the result of a simp country ...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Kenmatt(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
I did go through on "Sky".

That boy needs to be dropped from Manchester United as well.

The Dude is minus one.

Even the ManU executives puffed that United over paid on the Dudu, he doesn't worth 72m pounds.

Always want to be "dancing" in the Field in the name of dribbling where as, he doesn't complete the dribble.

Teen Garnascho is better than Antony Santos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Abumalam: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Wahala.....
Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by BoldBrainz(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Thank god!

Ten Hag can finally drop the idiot from our starting line-up.

Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by LoveJesus87(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Patrioticman007:

It's a masonic conspiracy to bring down men for false allegations.
hmmm
Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by inoki247: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2023
Lol United Players dey go through Alot....

1 Like

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by Oboto700(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2023
Simp.. real guys don't even give us attention but we beg for it..

4 Likes

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by jeff1993: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2023
Most of these young footballers are not wise at all!!.... Why will I want to kee myself over just a female when i can get millions at my beck and call.

Na me go dey even change dem like wrapper sef ... Hiw I go get money, woman go still dey do shakara for me ehn?

The earlier they refuse to learn, the more downhill their career goes. BE Like CR7 .... no time for rubbish, if u misbehave, u are out. Western women are all out to fleece well made Men. So.You as a Man have to be wise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf by seanwilliam(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2023
Shora fun obinrin o ,
Olorun awa pelu e,

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 37 3/3 Live Draws / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ / Easy Way: How To Spot Over/under 2.5 Goals In The Virtual Football League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.