Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria - Autos (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (821286 Views)

TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. / Clearing A Vehicle In Lagos / Know The Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by valarinz: 7:44pm On May 13, 2023
oliverjiad:
shocked so sorry for that that's typo error

Meanwhile 2016 would cost #4.5m

Regards

Jaid

Oh dear, you know that's horribly false. You're not sorry and it's not a typo, it never was.

That has always been your strategy to drop lower than actual quotes here to lure unsuspecting clients in. Story will definitely change once money changes hands because theres no way you can clear most of the cars at the rates you're fond of posting here

2016 Range Sport ₦2.850m? Volvo S60 ₦1.2m? Etc

Typo Ko typewriter ni

2 Likes

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 9:48pm On May 13, 2023
valarinz:

Oh dear, you know that's horribly false. You're not sorry and it's not a typo, it never was.

That has always been your strategy to drop lower than actual quotes here to lure unsuspecting clients in. Story will definitely change once money changes hands because theres no way you can clear most of the cars at the rates you're fond of posting here

2016 Range Sport ₦2.850m? Volvo S60 ₦1.2m? Etc

Typo Ko typewriter ni
Alaye no vex

But come to think of it coming to tincan yourself and see what professional agent encounter with customs on a daily basis baba I have 2 series of stories of importer,client that think like you too to want to exercise my job theirself,but at the end they say baba good luck to you,and that goes a long way,in a all what ever i qoute is what I confirm from customs valuation unit to you guys,but know this and understand me I'm in between messenger of law that as to put me in trouble with you at the end of the day with different policy that me and you can imagine,just imagine 2019 highlander to charge for about 5m and surface is 1.8m on vin valuation of no human intervention had to settle customs valuation with 1m to proceed on the job,if you be the importer and I'm your agent,would we still be friendly and telling you that's what customs valuation demand after our agreement
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by valarinz: 11:23pm On May 13, 2023
oliverjiad:
Alaye no vex

But come to think of it coming to tincan yourself and see what professional agent encounter with customs on a daily basis baba I have 2 series of stories of importer,client that think like you too to want to exercise my job theirself,but at the end they say baba good luck to you,and that goes a long way,in a all what ever i qoute is what I confirm from customs valuation unit to you guys,but know this and understand me I'm in between messenger of law that as to put me in trouble with you at the end of the day with different policy that me and you can imagine,just imagine 2019 highlander to charge for about 5m and surface is 1.8m on vin valuation of no human intervention had to settle customs valuation with 1m to proceed on the job,if you be the importer and I'm your agent,would we still be friendly and telling you that's what customs valuation demand after our agreement

As usual, compose a long unintelligible epistle, all garbage.

For those who might wonder why they cant make head or tail of this write-up, fret not, it's totally deliberate.

He doesn't want to be understood because there's nothing genuine to say, it's meant for exactly the purpose you're seeing: fill up space pretending to have given a repsonse

3 Likes

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 12:25am On May 14, 2023
valarinz:

As usual, compose a long unintelligible epistle, all garbage.

For those who might wonder why they cant make head or tail of this write-up, fret not, it's totally deliberate.

He doesn't want to be understood because there's nothing genuine to say, it's meant for exactly the purpose you're seeing: fill up space pretending to have given a repsonse
once again Alaye no vex
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by kaysy(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2023
I stopped giving this place so much time and attention when I noticed people here only comes to ask for price and not ready to give us the jobs, when someone drops price over a long period of time without getting any job from here, they seek other means to lure you in and that's what playing out, Itsrm has said it before that people should learn to bring the jobs here also not just to ask for price and go, well God has been faithful, we are working back to back even without posting an inch here. Nobody is paying anybody here so if u find this place good enough to get infos, you should also find it good enough to execute the jobs but no, you'll rather give the job to someone else outside this place and that's what's giving birth to the hugging price u see just to get lured.

Well for me, whenever I have time I'll drop posts and responses here, if una like bring the job or take it elsewhere, as for me am already working back to back with or without this place, but just note that action and reaction are equal and opposite. When people take out their time to give u free responses, also endeavor to patronize them, that's the encouragement that this place lacks.

If we get even 5% of the enquires here turn out with the jobs, many of us will be readily available to answer any requests giving u guys the privilege to compare prices, but when none of that is coming, we leave here for those still willing to play around, we only show up once in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by instantex: 11:05pm On May 17, 2023
kaysy:
I stopped giving this place so much time and attention when I noticed people here only comes to ask for price and not ready to give us the jobs, when someone drops price over a long period of time without getting any job from here, they seek other means to lure you in and that's what playing out, Itsrm has said it before that people should learn to bring the jobs here also not just to ask for price and go, well God has been faithful, we are working back to back even without posting an inch here. Nobody is paying anybody here so if u find this place good enough to get infos, you should also find it good enough to execute the jobs but no, you'll rather give the job to someone else outside this place and that's what's giving birth to the hugging price u see just to get lured.

Well for me, whenever I have time I'll drop posts and responses here, if una like bring the job or take it elsewhere, as for me am already working back to back with or without this place, but just note that action and reaction are equal and opposite. When people take out their time to give u free responses, also endeavor to patronize them, that's the encouragement that this place lacks.

If we get even 5% of the enquires here turn out with the jobs, many of us will be readily available to answer any requests giving u guys the privilege to compare prices, but when none of that is coming, we leave here for those still willing to play around, we only show up once in a while.

Let me share my experience here with you and it may be the reason why agents do not get jobs here anymore. I shipped in a 2006 Range Rover in 2016, I requested a quote on this page and I got an agent response. We agreed on the clearing fee and I hired this agent to clear my vehicle, i transferred full money into this agent account and that was the beginning of my problem.

Before I transferred money, this agent's response was so swift and smooth. After transferring money into this agent account he stopped communicating, my vehicle stayed in port for over 3 months after i had paid, he kept on requesting for more money.

Without any notice, he transferred my vehicle to Alakija terminal where the vehicle parts were stolen. I became worried, i went to the port myself to meet this agent, i took this agent to the police station around the port, he signed an undertaking that my vehicle will be out after I make another extra payment. I paid again!

On the day he promised my vehicle would be out, I quickly set out of my house and went to Alakija terminal myself to witness whatever was going on, he requested I pay for the demurrage of over 3 months and I paid.

Around evening time, the vehicle was released after excessive spending. I hired a towing vehicle and left the place, it was a bitter and terrible experience with this agent.

Since it was the first time, I thought it was a coincidence, maybe the agent had issues with customs. I gave him another job for a 2008 Toyota highlander just to be sure about the agent.

The same way, the same format was replayed. Since then, I stopped using the agent and no matter how many quotes he writes, it just gives me an idea of what will be needed to clear the vehicle. I am certain a lot of people may have fallen victim to this particular agent and which is why there may be a reduced patronage here. People really wish to patronise you but bad egg don affect the good ones

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by kaysy(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2023
instantex:

Let me share my experience here with you and it may be the reason why agents do not get jobs here anymore. I shipped in a 2006 Range Rover in 2016, I requested a quote on this page and I got an agent response. We agreed on the clearing fee and I hired this agent to clear my vehicle, i transferred full money into this agent account and that was the beginning of my problem.

Before I transferred money, this agent's response was so swift and smooth. After transferring money into this agent account he stopped communicating, my vehicle stayed in port for over 3 months after i had paid, he kept on requesting for more money.

Without any notice, he transferred my vehicle to Alakija terminal where the vehicle parts were stolen. I became worried, i went to the port myself to meet this agent, i took this agent to the police station around the port, he signed an undertaking that my vehicle will be out after I make another extra payment. I paid again!

On the day he promised my vehicle would be out, I quickly set out of my house and went to Alakija terminal myself to witness whatever was going on, he requested I pay for the demurrage of over 3 months and I paid.

Around evening time, the vehicle was released after excessive spending. I hired a towing vehicle and left the place, it was a bitter and terrible experience with this agent.

Since it was the first time, I thought it was a coincidence, maybe the agent had issues with customs. I gave him another job for a 2008 Toyota highlander just to be sure about the agent.

The same way, the same format was replayed. Since then, I stopped using the agent and no matter how many quotes he writes, it just gives me an idea of what will be needed to clear the vehicle. I am certain a lot of people may have fallen victim to this particular agent and which is why there may be a reduced patronage here. People really wish to patronise you but bad egg don affect the good ones

You should have spoken out and call out the agent when all this were happening so people can know him, for me, one of the reasons I still post here is cos this place gave me one good client who has referred another client to me as well, he started giving me jobs last year and we never met untill last month April, all through the period he has been giving me jobs we never met , I deliver the vehicles to his house at Lekki his wife will receive it, sometimes if I can't take the vehicle to Lekki same day I take the vehicle to my house and delivers to Lekki at the weekend though he pays for the delivery to Lekki, we have never had an inch of issue, currently as I speak, two of his Mercedes Benz ML 2014 is parked in my house, I'll snap them and show it here. So if u meet bad person here, dnt just conclude.

This client I met here is the only reason I still give this place some attention, all other clients I have are not from this place.

This is the images showing the vehicles, it rained heavily this morning so everywhere is wet, we are just two in my compound, The Hyundai is my car, and the Volvo is my neighbor's car

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Trishchy: 12:37pm On May 18, 2023
How much to clear 2016 Hyundai Elantra?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 1:30pm On May 18, 2023
Trishchy:
How much to clear 2016 Hyundai Elantra?
with #1.2m would get it cleared

Jaid

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by kayb2gx(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2023
Hello,
Please how much to clear GMC Terrain 2012?
Thanks!
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2023
kayb2gx:
Hello,
Thanks!
what's the shipping line
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by seadoftj(m): 10:23am On May 19, 2023
oliverjiad:
1m
Jaid

Thanks Jaid,

I got it cleared for N1.1m
Kudos bro
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2023
seadoftj:

Thanks Jaid,

I got it cleared for N1.1m
Kudos bro
ure welcome

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by kayb2gx(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2023
oliverjiad:
what's the shipping line

Grimaldi
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2023
kayb2gx:

Grimaldi
okay would let u know
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 10:44am On May 21, 2023
kayb2gx:
Hello,
Thanks!
with #1.350m would get it cleared

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by dalobaba: 1:26pm On May 21, 2023
Please how much to clear Caterpillar Excavator of year 2000. Please note that it’s coming without the boom and the bucket. Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 1:59pm On May 21, 2023
dalobaba:
Please how much to clear Caterpillar Excavator of year 2000. Please note that it’s coming without the boom and the bucket. Thanks
with #1.850m

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by dalobaba: 9:27pm On May 21, 2023
Thanks
oliverjiad:
with #1.850m

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 10:15pm On May 21, 2023
dalobaba:
Thanks
ure welcome

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Chianya: 10:30pm On May 21, 2023
oliverjiad:
with #1.3m would get it cleared and it'll take 5days to be cleared

Jaid
Please I'm a bit confused as to how a 2012 Toyota Rav4 can be cleared with 1.3m whereas a 2007 Highlander will cost 1.7m to get cleared. Can you please explain better?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 4:05am On May 22, 2023
Chianya:

Please I'm a bit confused as to how a 2012 Toyota Rav4 can be cleared with 1.3m whereas a 2007 Highlander will cost 1.7m to get cleared. Can you please explain better?
reason is rav4 is a mini jeep with a twin cam engine[low engine capacity]to that of highlander that's why it's paying lesser to clear while highlander has a bigger engine capacity so it pays higher

Jaid

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Chidimercy: 7:38am On May 22, 2023
Please what is the total cost to clear a 2013 Toyota Camry. Including terminal charges and everything?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2023
Chidimercy:
Please what is the total cost to clear a 2013 Toyota Camry. Including terminal charges and everything?
Total cost of clearing is "#1.1m

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Samchuky(m): 6:48pm On May 31, 2023
oliverjiad:
Total cost of clearing is "#1.1m

Jaid

Please what about Camry 2011?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2023
Samchuky:

Please what about Camry 2011?
same amount air

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Anyone know the amount to clear a Lexus GS350 2013?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by sexyteeola(f): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chief please how much to clear a 2006 Corolla?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
Sellout:
Anyone know the amount to clear a Lexus GS350 2013?
with #2.4m would get it cleared

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
sexyteeola:
Chief please how much to clear a 2006 Corolla?
with 1m would get it cleared

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by sexyteeola(f): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
oliverjiad:
with 1m would get it cleared

Jaid

Ok. ThAnks Chief and are you willing to help with that?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
sexyteeola:

Ok. ThAnks Chief and are you willing to help with that?
help with what

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (514) (Reply)

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.