Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Working On Single Sign On (sso) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Working On Single Sign On (sso) (2300 Views)

Solution To "Mobileocr Or Cat Studio Have Stopped Working" On Tecno Phones / Do You Know That Comment Form Is Not Working On Operamini : Fix It Now / We're Working On Online Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working On Single Sign On (sso) by dhtml1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2011
After a rather loooong break (which ave decided to cut short) ave decided to continue my network.
The aspect i am working on now is the login, i am working on the SSO.

The network will contain all my sites linked together:
- About 5 different sites or more.
- A single register/login will be used across all of them
- Once you login or one, you can visit others and maintain your login session. Rather similar to yahoo, google and so on.

I have gone through a number of interesting scripts online, but the best i have seen so far is:
http://www.jasny.net/articles/simple-single-sign-on-for-php/

If any of you guys have worked on stuffs like this before, please share.

I have already started coding my own version specifically for my sites.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by dhtmli(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2011
This solution i found only guided me a bit, what i am trying to achieve is slightly different from this but similar.

Anyway, i like the terminologies the guy used:
client - the browser you are using to connect the websites
server - the site that handles the central login
broker - the sites you are trying to connect

I had to build mine from the scratch. I have just completed the server aspect, will upload it online and start working
on the broker. The broker should not be a big deal - es the server that is eja panla!
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by dhtmli(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2011
I think my custom SSO server is working well now.

SSO Server: http://accounts..net - it is available for signup, but i have not yet setup the connectivity to the brokers

The SSO brokers are not yet online, i will try do mock versions on:

The essence of all these is to link all my sites together with a single
account system - like most self-respecting sites online.

So, once you are logged in, you can move freely through all the sites
and stay logged in. These sites below are classified as the brokers.

http://www..com/ (online)
http://www..net/ (redirects to first one)
http://www.dhtmlframework.com/ (not available)
http://www.dhtmlkits.com/ (not available)
http://www.dhtmlcoders.com/ (not available)

That having been said, lemme set to work on the brokers.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by dhtmli(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2011
The SSO is now working fine - servers and all. More testing and features will be later.

For now, the only site up is still .net

So i can now get to work putting the other sites up.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by dhtmli(m): 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
I must point out that i did not use the style the poster on that blog used. But i figured out a more secure way to handle it.
However, it will still benefit from SSL.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
Next step is now a blog - some of the materials laying waste in my code dustbin will be nice to put on a blog.
I am planning to use the new upgraded Joomla for that purpose.

Because i understand Joomla's API well, i will still link it with this SSO thing so that no additional signup will be required.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by worldbest(m): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
This is wonderful, i have always wanted to know how Google does this kind of login system. Just registered, waiting to test the brokers. grin smiley
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2011
There is only one broker available at the moment, and that is www.design..net

My own script unlike that of the person i copied can work if the brokers are on the server or on
different servers.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by databoy: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2011
Senor, please what exactly is this project you are doing self? Please explain in english and simple terms, cos it looks promising. Cheers.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
In English Now.

If you have a gmail account and you sign in. Then you now visit google or any of google services.
You will notice that you will remain signed in even if you are on a different domain.

Normally, the way signing into a site works is this. If i have 2 websites e.g.
www.google.com and www.gmail.com

Normally, you will need to signup separately on each of the sites. But if you observe google very well,
you will see that you will stay signed in even if you visit another site on google network.

That is the meaning SSO. Terra lycos (lycos.com) and also yahoo too does the same thing.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by databoy: 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
Very good. Secondly, is it just for your personal use or its something for the public. Looks like you are building your own CMS or something.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
I have already made a cms/framework earlier which i will still publish - that one is open-source.
This one ehm. . . .maybe i will make an open-source one later on.

For security reasons, i did not use the code of that arnold guy at all - only built on it.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by databoy: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
Whats the url for the CMS/framework. Can i install it and design a site with it?
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^^It is more of a framework. I need to document it, and start making extensions for it. I just lack the time to do all that now.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by mbanusick(m): 5:18am On Oct 24, 2011
This is really great,
like people who are very constructive with codes, thumbs up
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by databoy: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2011
@dhtml, since its a project that will be good for us all someday (our own home made CMS), why dont you get some volunteer programmers to help you out, you know, a team. Cheers.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 24, 2011
When i publish it online, people that wants to improve it will do so. And it is extensible - so extensions can be developed for it.
Security features could be improved and other stuffs. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2011
Ave started a blog to publish some of my works since the spam bot here is slowing me down. I ave so many uncompleted tutorials and more to create.
I have been slowed down by chickenpox. . .
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2011
Now where is slyr0x?
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Slyr0x: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2011
Right behind you Oga me pata pata  cheesy

Nice work here man. .Google's SSO applies to google.com, gmail.com, .com, Google+ right?

Am impressed. .as usual wink. .Hoping to test it when it eventually gets published. .or before then wink. .
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2011
You are rite about the google sso. I will do full publish later on. Thanks.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Slyr0x: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2011
Yw sir
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2011
I observed a redirection bug with the system - which i believe i have addressed. Please if this bug or any other bug is seen, please anyone is free to point them out o. Even if they are not bugs - i will still be happy to hear it.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
I had to change my broker's algorithm so many times - but now i have a better one that seems more reliable.

I downgraded my blog to drupal 6.x for some reasons. And it is part of the sso also. The blog is still new, i am
still in the setting up process.

www.blog..net - so as usual - due to the sso - no additional registration is required for the blog.
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Working On Single Sign On (sso) by Nmeri17: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
dhtml18:
Here is an example of my own model of the sso script - http://www.blogs..net/content/developing-single-signon-system-sso-part-1#comment-14
Oga all the links are dead o. http://b i t .l y /1N1m8pa sad Are those zip files still available?

(1) (Reply)

How I Made Over 3million Naira Product Sales Using Whatsapp / Advance Self Clicking On Admob (2019) / How To Create A Site Like Nairaland With Or Blogger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.