Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

There Is A Big Problem In Ibeju Lekki; He Almost Bought Acquired Land (part 1) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / There Is A Big Problem In Ibeju Lekki; He Almost Bought Acquired Land (part 1) (102 Views)

Land For Sell, Besides Nigerian Breweries Newly Acquired Land, In Edo State / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials / Compulsory Government Acquired Land Vs Committed Government Acquired Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Big Problem In Ibeju Lekki; He Almost Bought Acquired Land (part 1) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
This is a true story of a customer we served in 2021. Himself and his friend were going to acquire about 2 acres out of over 50 said to belong to a certain family. We engaged our usual team of surveyors and legal adviser to check the Bureau of Lands and Surveyor General's registries.

We found that the land was committed to a particular company in that Ibeju axis. Now the interesting thing here is that many people had already subscribed and my client felt I was denying him something good. He didn't buy but he had a lot of questions (we charged him over 6 digits so you can imagine how he felt).

So here is the thing, governments acquire land via the state government as they are authorised through the Land Use Act. They acquire lands and designate specific purposes to them, and gazette these in public records, they inform Omoniles before doing this and after(and they pay them significant sums) but these indigenous settlers try to sell despite this.

In this case the land was industrial and a particular company name was already tagged which means even if my client bought it he would've needed to change the zoning rules from Industrial to residential. This is a huge problem that many will face in Ibeju with Zoning and Planning Authorities in future...

In part two I will be sharing how another person bought land from a real Estate Company in Ibeju but had to engage my lawyer to get replacement in Mowe when he ran into issues with the Lagos State Government!

If you have questions about land you've acquired or about to please reach out here: https:///LandAdvisorySC or call 09052266952.
Remember we answer 5 Real Estate Questions free on this Telegram group every month!

(1) (Reply)

Office Building For Sale At Victoria Island / A Full Plot Of Land Available For Sale At Igbesa. Close To Chinese Free Trade Zo / 4 Plots At Likosi Opposite NNPC Mosimi Depot For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.