Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Papa Tete Allen Goes To To School At Age Of 90 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Papa Tete Allen Goes To To School At Age Of 90 Years (1026 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Papa Tete Allen Goes To To School At Age Of 90 Years by Yinkay: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2011
Pa Tete Allen, this is for you!

I WATCHED a feature on Channels Television about the story of a 90 year-old man, Pa Tete Allen, who enrolled into Primary One to get educated in a school in Nembe Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. He was shown sitting among five to seven year-old tots, young enough to be his great grand children. He learned to count and read ABC proudly in front of television cameras.

Pa Allen said he had never sat in a classroom (or broken a chalk as my people would put it). He told the reporter that he was tired of thumb-printing and would be thrilled to be able to sign his own signature “before my dying day”. It was not only my spirit that was uplifted by this exemplary elder.

Many other uneducated grown-ups interviewed confirmed they had been inspired by Pa Allen to put aside shame and go to school.

Pa Allen is my own idea of a hero because already in his village and surrounding towns he is hailed wherever he goes. These are the kinds of small folks we want our national honours awarded to, not the highly educated vermin and parasites that ate down this country and consigned the vast majority of its ordinary people to destitution and economic refugees in foreign land.

Thank you, Pa Tete Allen!

(1) (Reply)

EBSU, Presco Campus Reopens / Boko Haram Attacks Christain Student @ Bayero University. / University Of Portsmouth; HND To BSC Conversion (anyone Gone That Way Before?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.