Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? (19968 Views)

The BEFORE And AFTER Of This Car Will Shock You; BUYERS Should Be Very Careful / The World's First Flying Car -- Will You Buy This Car? / Please Where And Which Car Can I Get For 200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by RevenuesBoost(f): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?

She can always employ the services of a driver

She doesn't need to necessarily drive

So any car is fine
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sunnyrado: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Can you give me your aunt number..I am a single man too or you can connect us together
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by esemes256: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
The answer is a custom made or modified vehicle designed for people with similar circumstances. There are many options available in the world.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Try MODIFIED

HONDA CRV OR TOYOTA RAV4

If well modified, she'll enjoy any of those two. They're reliable and doesn't consume much fuel...

Honda na K-Leg vehicle. Toyota RaV 4 swallows fuel.
Let her buy a small nissan or micra and convert the brakes and accelerator to be hand-controlled.. I have a colleague who is a medic who drives the same car.
Very efficient, easy to maintain and cheap parts.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by webincomeplus(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Using the word crippled to describe someone that is physically challenge is an offensive word.
Check the dictionary for "crippled" and come back to tell us what makes it offensive. Don't bring that "politically correct" sickness of the West to Nigeria.

They came up with the words. We used them innocently in our everyday communication. All of a sudden, they declared the words offensive, trying to play with our brains.

Words like "fat", "homosexual", "black-skinned", etc suddenly became offensive to them. And they replaced with "plus-sized", "people of color", etc. This is Nigeria, where we mean what we say without intending to make anyone feel bad.

Those Westerners with unstable brains should leave us out of their madness. And you don't have to join them. But the choice is yours.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

Shut up!
Na Ur Aunty?

Look at this idiot.....i am not surprise an average Nigeria talk loosely, hate being correct and like swimming in their incurable ignorance.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
webincomeplus:

Check the dictionary for "crippled" and come back to tell us what makes it offensive. Don't bring that "politically correct" sickness of the West to Nigeria.

Oga, it is considered offensive now in modern English.....why some of you hate correction like this?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Tevs(f): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
DJBIGGY:
Don't mind all these nay sayers. There are ways automatic car can be customized to suit her needs. Go to YouTube and check it out. I'm also a physically disabled guy and I didn't even need to customize my car
Which car do you drive?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by haphizz57(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
You have brain tumor
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
UnknownT:
LOL! Did the man ask her to pick a car that she likes or will the man present a car that he has bought already to her? What if people here convince you that Car A is beeter, you relay the information to her but the man gifts her car B?
Read again sir but this time do it slowly.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
olaodun:
they normally convert vehicles so she can control everything by hand
Where can she do this in Nigeria?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrHighSea:
Customized Minivan

Anything like siena
Where in Nigeria can this be done.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by kingreign(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?

She can get a sedan or crossover but she needs an automatic car. When she gets it, the car should be modified with disability driving hand control and she needs a special instructor to teach her how to drive using these controls.

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
SkyFi:
I have seen a friend of mine a cripple.drive a Honda. The car was modified so he can use it. He accelerates and brakes with his hands.

Where did he get it done?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by webincomeplus(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Oga, it is considered offensive now in modern English.....why some of you hate correction like this?
You don't use "modern" English without sense. In communication, there's location-based context. Which means you choose words based on how they're widely understood in your locale. Some words that are absolutely fine in the UK might be offensive in Australia.

Some words that are offensive in the UK might be better understood here in Nigeria. And when you talk to Nigerians, use what they understand.

Go and face a Nigerian audience and start calling them "people of color". Then tell me how majority would react. We don't have to be zombies! Even in modern dictionaries, there are some words that are officially regarded as "NIGERIAN English".

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by nafisu: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
A sedan is okay must be automatic though, but with some minor reconstruction done to the brake and acceleration pedal(Special installation are usually done), so she can use her hands. Had a supervisor who drove with these setup and it was never a problem for anyone else to drive the car as well.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by femmy2010(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
Buy a Toyota Corolla .
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
webincomeplus:

They came up with the words. We used them innocently in our everyday communication. All of a sudden, they declared the words offensive, trying to play with our brains.

Words like "fat", "homosexual", "black-skinned", etc suddenly became offensive to them. And they replaced with "plus-sized", "people of color", etc. This is Nigeria, where we mean what we say without intending to make anyone feel bad.

Those Westerners with unstable brains should leave us out of their madness. And you don't have to join them. But the choice is yours.

Change is constant...... Don't you think so?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Gofwane(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
Why not buy her automatic wheel chair?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Let her buy something like this. Easy to ingress and egress with a wheelchair

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by UnknownT: 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

Read again sir but this time do it slowly.
The man promised to buy her a car, it is a gift and one thing with most gift is that you either make your choice or you make do with what the "gifter" promises to give you.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by webincomeplus(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Change is constant...... Don't you think so?
Your change doesn't have to be my change. We both don't have to change in the same way, as we aren't wired similarly. You gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I will advise you to get her a driver.
Not advisable for her to drive on Nigeria roads
She had no money to pay a demn driver.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Emperor5(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Woodshot:
To drive around her street roads maybe around her residence and not in this Lagos...
Is it only in Lagos they drive car
Who told you she stay at Lagos
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DataAlchemist: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Manny21:
Any man who buys a car for a cripple should also prepare to get the ripple a driver or get him a customized car
lol..so person gho buy you car, con still dey pay driver monthly? Haba!
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
I would suggest a van with a wheel chair access.
Or any other wagon with wheel chair access.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2011 Model Toyota Avalon Limited Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / V.V.I.P Foreign Used 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur N22.5m / 2 Units Of 2015 Model Benz C300 4matic Fully Loaded Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.