Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,361 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad (1487 Views)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70Β°C (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
Nigerian food and cuisine is very rich and diverse. I personally think Nigerian food is the best. But unfortunately there are some Nigerian restaurants overseas who give Nigeria food a bad reputation. Sometimes they just cook rubbish and serve to international customers. Food is what bring people together, stop cutting corners and cook the food well. Foreigners know what good food taste like even when they try Nigerian food for the first time. When rubbish is served, some go online and write bad reviews or even joke how bad Nigeria food is lol.
If you cannot cook , please do not open a restaurant especially if you happen to be the very few Nigerian restaurant in that city, town or state. It is bad enough that some foreigners associated Nigerians with internet fraud, bad food should not be one of them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by marsup: 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
And they have poor customer service.
Expensive plate of rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:34am On Sep 11, 2023
It’s funny sha. Those that can’t cook will be opening restaurants 🀣. Rice and chicken you will see 22 dols. Meanwhile chinese and jamaican will have the one of 12 to 14 dols.

10 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by pansophist(m): 2:28am On Sep 11, 2023
ednut1:
It’s funny sha. Those that can’t cook will be opening restaurants 🀣. Rice and chicken you will see 22 dols. Meanwhile chinese and jamaican will have the one of 12 to 14 dols.

Na that one dey vex me pass. These restauranteurs dont make food even cheap. Imagine spending 25 euros (25k Naira) in a Nigerian restaurant, and I still no bellefull.

Meanwhile, other ethnic restaurants like the Turkish will full my stomach with as little as ten euros. And our community abroad is not the wealthiest, so who will be comfortably paying for these expensive foods?

It is one area I like in the UK because You will eat like home. With 10 pounds, you go carry potbelly go house. And they all can cook very well there, since Naija population there is massive.

16 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Sisib15: 4:06am On Sep 11, 2023
This is so funny
Abi1985:
Nigerian food and cuisine is very rich and diverse. I personally think Nigerian food is the best. But unfortunately there are some Nigerian restaurants overseas who give Nigeria food a bad reputation. Sometimes they just cook rubbish and serve to international customers. Food is what bring people together, stop cutting corners and cook the food well. Foreigners know what good food taste like even when they try Nigerian food for the first time. When rubbish is served, some go online and write bad reviews or even joke how bad Nigeria food is lol.
If you cannot cook , please do not open a restaurant especially if you happen to be the very few Nigerian restaurant in that city, town or state. It is bad enough that some foreigners associated Nigerians with internet fraud, bad food should not be one of them.

1 Like

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by descarado: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2023
cheesy

Sorry.
Seems like you had it from them.

What some guys do is contract somebody to cook for them if they are busy. Dish out in small portions and freeze.

1 Like

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Waterlilly: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2023
i had an experience of this in Dubai, 2013. i went to one so called african food restaurant, the semo was good but the egusi soup was garbage.
as in the taste was bullshit. my 15 dirhams just waste like that...

3 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by mejai(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2023
Waterlilly:
i had an experience of this in Dubai, 2013. i went to one so called african food restaurant, the semo was good but the egusi soup was garbage.
as in the taste was bullshit. my 15 dirhams
just waste like that...
Absolutely right! I was there around that time. Oily egusi with weird vegetable was used. Yet the restaurant was filled with people.

3 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Mindlog: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2023
When I eat in such restaurant, I make sure I leave negative reviews online because that is the only language they understand.

4 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
pansophist:

Na that one dey vex me pass. These restauranteurs dont make food even cheap. Imagine spending 25 euros (25k Naira) in a Nigerian restaurant, and I still no bellefull.

Meanwhile, other ethnic restaurants like the Turkish will my stomach with as little as ten euros. And our community abroad is not the wealthiest, so who will be comfortably paying for these expensive foods?

It is one area I like in the UK because You will eat like home. With 10 pounds, you go carry potbelly go house. And they all can cook very well there, since Naija population there is massive.
πŸ‘ turkish food dey belle full too. Rice and kebab or shawarma πŸ˜…

5 Likes

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by pansophist(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
ednut1:
πŸ‘ turkish food dey belle full too. Rice and kebab or shawarma πŸ˜…

With thick fries and maybe coke or Ayran

Come use either sambal, mustard, garlic, or ketchup use follow am. OR if you get touch of madness, ask them to mix them all grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Mindlog: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
pansophist:

With thick fries and maybe coke or Ayran

Come use either sambal, mustard, garlic, or ketchup use follow am. OR if you get touch of madness, ask them to mix them all grin

Nah! na obesity get you so o! 🀣🀣🀣
Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by TOBILOBA2023(m): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
Help us tell the ones at home too. In fact, "Mama put" is far far better than most of those fancy eateries.

Half-cooked Rice & Chicken, Sour Moi-Moi, Zero Pepper, etc.

. . . Just selling branded plate, spoon, toothpick, serviette & nylon bag. I pity consumers with poor food sensory evaluation ability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by sammirano: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Serious Matter

1 Like

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by ashawopikin(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
marsup:
And they have poor customer service.
Expensive plate of rubbish.
this one is funny, Expensive plate of rubbish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by ashawopikin(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mindlog:
When I eat in such restaurant, I make sure I leave negative reviews online because that is the only language they understand.
and also, you will be helping other people so they won't waste money
Re: If You Cannot Cook, Please Do Not Open A Nigerian Restaurant Abroad by Waterlilly: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
mejai:

Absolutely right! I was there around that time. Oily egusi with weird vegetable was used. Yet the restaurant was filled with people.
lol! i feel you bro

(1) (Reply)

2.7 Million Naira, Lagos To London - Throwback To Last Year Ticket Prices / Pictures From Nigeria. / Is Tax Clearance Compulsory For Uk Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.