Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? (34204 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Woman Tries To Board Plane With Her Peacock But Gets Denied (photos/video) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by danthamccoy(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2023
DomPerignon:

Claustrophobia involves being left alone in a confined space

You will be sharing the cabin with over a hundred passengers and crew .

Unless you have anxiety issues .
You're wrong, per your first sentence. You can even feel claustrophobic in a crowded space, as long as it's small or enclosed.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by sonofsteven: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2023
I'm afraid of heights and I was so scared when I wanted to enter plane, the people around gave me sense of being an adult and embrace my fears, I told the woman at the checkin say make she put me near the window then,one deeper life woman had to stand up and I sat on her seat,I embraced it and wolllllllllaaaaa

I was high in the sky taking pictures as we disappeared into the sky...
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Ernesthugo(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2023
dumbi have you been trapped sitting in a molue grin grin grin grin grin
fadilaMaikiriki:
Wow! Thanks so much for your input. You really seem to understand what claustrophobia means. Thank you.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by sorepco(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2023
U can take sleeping tablets n also make sure you no sleep beforehandso that you spend your time sleeping in the plane!

fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm claustrophobic. So, I'm wondering if I can comfortably board a plane without having the unpleasant symptoms and experience that comes with having this condition. Please, I would like to know. Has anyone here with this condition travel on a plane before? Please, I would like to know. This has been bothering me. My heart races so hard whenever I have this thought.

Please, I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2023
How can you be claustrophobic with people all around you? You don't even know anything about the sickness you choose to make yourself feel special.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by bouncino(m): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lukepeter:
How can you be claustrophobic with people all around you? You don't even know anything about the sickness you choose to make yourself feel special.
Write what you know. You can be claustrophobic inside a packed crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by article1: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
Don't you board taxis and cabs, which one is spacious between taxis or buses and aircrafts?
Stop all these undue attention please
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by TenQ: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm claustrophobic. So, I'm wondering if I can comfortably board a plane without having the unpleasant symptoms and experience that comes with having this condition. Please, I would like to know. Has anyone here with this condition travel on a plane before? Please, I would like to know. This has been bothering me. My heart races so hard whenever I have this thought.

Please, I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
sit 2/3 to the back of the plane. at least you'll see many people before you in the plane and thus not feel claustrophobic
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by 7arrows: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Funny how you always seek undue attention on here.
Use a broomstick then

No now. Plantain leaf is faster
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by lendahand(m): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ucheamani:

45k Feets not Kilometers
yea typo error thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Probz(m): 1:49am On Sep 15, 2023
Just take some lorazepam/oxazepam (stuff Valium), drink a little vodka/brandy and hope for the best. You’d be alright, still. You’d be alright. Trust me.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by joshuaparker279: 10:54am On Sep 15, 2023
i think you should take advice from elders when we get trapped in such things.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Ortintin: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Do you feel claustrophobic when you enter bus or train?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by RighteousDemon: 2:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Okoyiboz3:

Look at how this one is begging for attention so shamelessly.
Forget the female picture you're seeing, it is a guy like your younger brother behind that moniker.

Don’t you think minding one’s business is good business?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by ProGSM(m): 2:37am On Sep 16, 2023
I usually thought I will not enjoy flying till I tried it from Lagos to Owerri. Now, I want it at all times.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by grandstar(m): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki

I suffer from social anxiety and trauma, so can be quite tensed

Visit your doctor. There will be a drug out there that would assist you cope with the fear
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
adecz:

Don't try it❗️❗️❗️😐😐😐
Really? Are you serious? Talking from experience?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
DomPerignon:

Claustrophobia involves being left alone in a confined space

You will be sharing the cabin with over a hundred passengers and crew .

Unless you have anxiety issues .
No. Claustrophobia is far more and worse than that. It's a terrible condition. I don't wish this on anyone. The thought of your past experience, and also imagining yourself in the kind of environment that triggers it, is enough to send your heart racing and pounding two/three times more than normal. It's not a pleasant surprise at all.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
immortalmortal:
You enter buses and cars that are way smaller... Why are you bothered about a plane that's bigger and more spacious?
Some buses or cars are not that tight. And you also have air coming in through the windows from both sides. And I try as much as possible to sit close to the window and not in the midst of people, so that I can get enough air. But, when I find myself in the midst of people, not close to the window and the condition is being triggered or I start getting symptoms, I always demand to come down from the vehicle or sit close to the window. But, in a plane, I can't come down again once the plane is on transit, and the feeling can be catastrophic. And knowing you can't come down makes the matter worse.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
nkpommpko:
am telling you, they get really weird every day, wentin concern Blackman with claustrophobia. It all this GMO food they swallow. They are all looking the same. Mup haired fat sluppy bloated pumpkins
There are so many phobias. I'm sure you might have one or two phobias if you take a look at the phobias. And that doesn't mean you're not normal. Some are afraid of water, some heights, some darkness, some tiny holes, some spiders, some rodents, and so many other phobias that people suffer from, and which I'm sure you might have one or more, and this doesn't make them abnormal or something, which is what you're insinuating.

What I experience when faced with something that triggers claustrophobia is not something I would wish on anyone at all. It's not a pleasant experience at all.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lukepeter:
Feel special? Never! I can do anything to stop feeling this way. The experience is not what I wish for anyone. It is not a pleasant experience at all.

People being around me is even what will make the experience worse. It's better if people are few and everywhere is spacious.

You'll understand this better if you've experienced it or you have same condition. And some can be worse.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ortintin:
Do you feel claustrophobic when you enter bus or train?
If I'm being trapped inside. Or it's jam-packed with little or no air coming in. And the thought of not being able to get down easily triggers the condition, and under 10 seconds I'm having the symptoms.

That's why I try to avoid being in a jam-packed place or vehicle. And I also try to sit close to the window where there's enough air.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
ProGSM:
I usually thought I will not enjoy flying till I tried it from Lagos to Owerri. Now, I want it at all times.
Really? Are you claustrophobic? You didn't feel like you were inside a vehicle?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by fadilaMaikiriki: 9:18am On Oct 04, 2023
Spontan, where is this person located please?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by spontan: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Spontan, where is this person located please?

We can't be having such conversations on the net. You can share your contact if interested, otherwise, let it die.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Beam Launched On Suru Alaba Interchange Into Festac. / Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road / Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.