Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road (34200 Views)

Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, A Death Trap (photos) / 2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Returnees From Enugu, Port-Harcourt Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The Enugu State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure wishes to notify the General public of bridge collapse which occurred on 25th September 2023 along Kilometer One, Enugu Port Harcourt Expressway, i.e, between Naira Triangle and Goshen Flyover.

The general public and road users are hereby advised to detour to Nza through New Haven, or Ogui Road to their various destinations, while the authorities are coming up with measures for immediate repair on the failed section.

Signed
Engr. Gerald Otiji
Honourable Commissioner

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
I just passed this bridge some moments before this happened.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
May attach a video

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by kingsways: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2023
immediate action is very necessary

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by tivta(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
Wow

This is really bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Unbiased1: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
If the Federal Government cannot maintain or reconstruct any of their existing infrastructure in the East, why not allow the East reduce their remittance to the federal government and use that money to work on all infrastructure in the East? Most of the horrible infrastructure projects in the East are federal government infrastructure. undecided

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Jessyjeff: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
That's the bridge at the place Hausa people sell foodstuffs and livestock, before Hariz filling station.

That road and bridge was constructed between 1978 and 1979, and typically of Nigeria's federal government, nobody would care to inspect the bridge for any damages until it comes to this present situation.

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
shey person no die?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Jorussia(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
The question i ask myself since umahi started inspecting federal roads is what did pmb achieve in terms of road construction with all the reckless borrowings?I thought it was only Edo state that had terrible federal roads until umahi started going round.I think we need to pass a legislation that from henceforth, minister of works must be civil and construction engineer with more than 10 years practice experience.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by NOC1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Jessyjeff:
That's the bridge at the place Hausa people sell foodstuffs and livestock, before Hariz filling station.

That road and bridge was constructed between 1978 and 1979, and typically of Nigeria's federal government, nobody would care to inspect the bridge for any damages until it comes to this present situation.

Must you bring ethinic propaganda to this

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Henix(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigeria as a national entity is equally on the verge of collapse.

6 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
nwakaibe:

Spyder Spyder, long time we no see you oh.
How are the building projects coming up?

It's been long ooo, projects are moving swiftly, just crossed this bridge to see this one i am building for a Nairalander somewhere in Enugu, and on returning, the bridge has collapsed.

See link to the house I went to see below........

https://www.nairaland.com/7516888/making-captivating-5-bedrooms-duplex/16

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
They eat the money to construct solid and quality road,later we hear this collapsed that collapsed

3 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Racoon(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2023
Terrible! All the FG roads in the SE are unmotorable yet if you hear how they overhype what FG have done down there, you may be tempted to think they have made alaigbo Eldorado.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ttipsy(f): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigeria
God why oooo

??
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by smokinloud(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
Why is all these happening in the South East?!.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Princessstee: 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2023
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ttipsy(f): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
I just passed this bridge some moments before this happened.
you are lucky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by michlins(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Omo. This one is terrible oh. Saw a video of this

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by jmoore(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
NOC1:

Must you bring ethinic propaganda to this

I read the post of the person up to 3 times to see ethnic propaganda but saw none.

Keep quiet!!

He only described the road as someone that is familiar with that area.

59 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by PotatoSalad(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2023
jmoore:

I read the post of the person up to 3 times to see ethnic propaganda but saw none.

Keep quiet!!

He only described the road as someone that is familiar with that area.

You don't have to clarify things for the idiot.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Osoboshi: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Unbiased1:
If the Federal Government cannot maintain or reconstruct any of their existing infrastructure in the East, why not allow the East reduce their remittance to the federal government and use that money to work on all infrastructure in the East? Most of the horrible infrastructure projects in the East are federal government infrastructure. undecided
which remittance oga😂😂😂😂😂,its actually bad how fg due to unknown reason neglect south eastern roads

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by GeneralPula: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Racoon:
Terrible! All the FG roads in the SE are unmotorable yet if you hear how they overhype what FG have done down there, you may be tempted to think they have made alaigbo Eldorado.
So Pdp did not make Alaigbo Eldorado for more than 20years of slaving..

Damn! What exactly did Pdp now do for SE as a whole?

Ohh less I forget, they were giving SE senate presidency ticket back to back grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by superCleanworks(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Where is Dave?
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Elsudani2: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
And This was commission on a federal highway

With said billions
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by CHIOMAEZEH: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Thank God no life was lost ....that being said, most if the bridges in Nigeria are over 40 years with lack of proper maintenance....passed some bridges from Lokoja to Abuja a couple of weeks ago ..that's another disaster waiting to happen

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by datopaper(m): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigerua factor, not well constructed
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Guyman01: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Very poor federal infrastructure in the South East, this is why they are not passionate about Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by jahsharon: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
Igbos are not concerned about that, what concerns them is that Tinubu is stealing Lagos money

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Trip To Malta and Gozo / Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / My First Snow Experience In The UK ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.