Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Who Wants To Be A Housewife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? (5765 Views)

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
nolongTing:

If a woman has to go out and work to provide for her children then:

1. her husband is unemployed
2. He earns peanuts
3. he's not around

This is a joke.
So both husband and wife cannot provide for their family?
If you havent noticed, most part of the world has shifted from that neanderthal thinking.
Must a woman beg her husband for money before she can take her children out for a nice time? Or before she can buy her children a piece of gum?
In Nigeria where a child is expected to also take care of their parent in old age and MAYBE other younger siblings, which man wants to take on the burden of his family's side and his wife's family side?

Most of the time, it's not about what he earns, but the need for that financial independence.

I'd like to take my children out to a movie while my husband is at work, without having to bed for popcorn money. It's embarrassing if you ask me.

Yes, a man should provide for his family, but if you can help him, why not also help him and yourself?

If thee woman goes to work when the man comes back from work then they have a terrible, marriage, devoid of romance and focused on earning money to pay the bills – yuck! Why must the
woman leave for work when her husband gets back? When will they spend time together?

Grandparents are not babysitters. plus they might not be healthy enough to keep an eye on young children for long periods.

DoNT PRETEND THAT I didnt give other optons. There are also off days.
Most grandmas enjoy to babysit their grandchildren. Is your own different, just say so.

So who will pick up the kids from school? Who will pick the kids up during emergencies? What is your obsession with work? Children grow up fast, getting to raise them full time is a priviledge.

Is this for real?
Moving on.

To the contrary, you need to stop making a full time wife sound like hell – its a priviledge
Is that so? To a man who does not have to financially depend on a woman or to a man who has the woman at his beck and call, I'm sure it's terrific.

Go and become a full time husband then.

Terrible attitude, this is what leads to disfunctional kids; if you cannot take care of them don't have them!

Working does not mean you cannot train your children. I hope you know that.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by nolongTing: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This is a joke.
So both husband and wife cannot provide for their family?

Its a partnership and the children must be given proper attention until they are old enough to look after themselves.  Go and read up on your history, you will find that the most powerful nations in the world are based on SOLID families.

Ileke-IdI:

If you havent noticed, most part of the world has shifted from that neanderthal thinking.

Thats an illusion in your head, they do so when there is a solid social foundation.

Ileke-IdI:

Must a woman beg her husband for money before she can take her children out for a nice time? Or before she can buy her children a piece of gum?

What a poor, comical assumption lol! Have you heard of allowances and credit cards?

Ileke-IdI:

In Nigeria where a child is expected to also take care of their parent in old age and MAYBE other younger siblings, which man wants to take on the burden of his family's side and his wife's family side?

The aversage family size in Nigeria is 8, so the responsibility for looking after old parents should be distributed equally amongst the children.  Why are you making it seem like Nigeria has a One child policy?

This is why its important to be a good mother – the children will reciprocate that love when the mother gets old.

Ileke-IdI:

Most of the time, it's not about what he earns, but the need for that financial independence.

So being a full-time mother means you are not independent? Is the man a slave owner or what? Its all about compatibility, co-operation and raising a great family not slavery and fighting for independence.

Ileke-IdI:

I'd like to take my children out to a movie while my husband is at work, without having to beg for popcorn money. It's embarrassing if you ask me.

Was you married to a stingy Ekiti man or what? Like I said these things should be ironed out in advance; the wifey should be on an allowance with credit cards and gifted with her personal investments not asking for pocket money like a kid.  The man dose not have to be a millionaire to do these things.

Ileke-IdI:

Yes, a man should provide for his family, but if you can help him, why not also help him and yourself?

I agree with that, but the priority should be raising great kids.

Ileke-IdI:

DoNT PRETEND THAT I didnt give other optons. There are also off days.
Most grandmas enjoy to babysit their grandchildren. Is your own different, just say so.

Is this for real? 
Moving on.

Is that so? To a man who does not have to financially depend on a woman or to a man who has the woman at his beck and call, I'm sure it's terrific.

erm ??

Ileke-IdI:

Go and become a full time husband then.

Thats for sissies.

Ileke-IdI:

Working does not mean you cannot train your children. I hope you know that.

There is nothing better than a stable home where the mother nurtures and focuses on the family while the man provides.  Like I said [size=15pt]being a full-time mother is a priviledge[/size].

[img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Pauletta+Washington+Nelson+Mandela+Celebrates+WkcpX3b-2Ubl.jpg[/img]

All grown up now

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Denzel+Washington+Family+Vacationing+Portofino+pu5Q6DRxCMIl.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by obowunmi(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
I want to be a house husband.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by desertboom(m): 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
@jenifa. . . Why are you so obsess with riches? Are you a rich girl? Almost all your thread/comment on this forum is about how to marry a rich guy and why being with a poor guy is not beneficial. You sing it like song everyday, you see it in your dreams everyday, you discuss it every minute of the day, you live with this thought day in day out. I can show you several thread where you often discuss about this. Are you a gold-digger or a potential one? Because the way you go about it gives me so much concern. Please, change this your idea if you want to progress enough said!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
2buff:

As a rich guy, I would prefer my wife weren't idle. I would need her to be on the same intellectual plane as me as long-term idleness not only is the devil's workshop, but it can lead to some very far out assumptions about real life

She can do a home business thing or assist me in running the family business one way or the other (cuz it is only by owning a business or brand that you can honestly be "stinking rich" in this world)

cheesy

I already said it's part time housekeeping. the rest of the time is spent as an employee or employer. It certainly was the latter  cheesy
but full time housekeeping when the children are young.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by mystiqueem(f): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2011
Don't think I don't dream like you, I often get those nightmares too - it often takes some swallowing . . . lol

Who wants to be a - Homebreaker? Kobonaire? Thief?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Otunbakay(m): 12:08am On Oct 19, 2011
The truth of the matter is that most women atleast 90% wouldn't mined being a housewife if they 're lucky to marry a man who is wealthy enough to meet their needs without stress and on the other hand most men at least 95% if not more would prefer their wife to be housewife if they can conviniently afford the enomous responsibility that comes with it. My take is that a womans business is to take proper care of her home; it's lack and insecurity that makes women to face headon the very dificult terrain of daily hustling. May God help us!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Otunbakay(m): 12:09am On Oct 19, 2011
The truth of the matter is that most women atleast 90% wouldn't mined being a housewife if they 're lucky to marry a man who is wealthy enough to meet their needs without stress and on the other hand most men at least 95% if not more would prefer their wife to be housewife if they can conviniently afford the enomous responsibility that comes with it. My take is that a womans business is to take proper care of her home; it's lack and insecurity that makes women to face headon the very dificult terrain of daily hustling. May God help us!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 12:10am On Oct 19, 2011
ronkebp:

@ Poster, Me oooooooooooooo, i want to be, not a full time house wife, a part time house wife would be fun, i would have time to do things i love, go clubbing, everly in the spa, and gym, eyeing those young handsome guys with lovely abs and tight buttocks, wink wink wink wink hmmmmm, would start a charity organization in my spare time, (an orphanage)  that should keep me busy, build houses and buy lands every where,  ( i will so put my hubby's money to use). Gba beee, then i will officially be ''za bigz gal''!

grin

I tried joining this women's club once and they asked me if I worked during the day.
I didn't see what the problem was until I found out these women were all millionaires' wives who had no day job!! except for housekeeping, hobbies and their charity organizations.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ronkebp(f): 12:27am On Oct 19, 2011
^^^^^^ wahlai Jenny, if i can have my thing that way, and be counting my money in the bank, as in enough cash flow, that is, why would i want to suffer, working for somebody that is already living large, living off my sweat, there are so many businesses one can establish with the money, so many i cannot start counting, i love to be my own boss and run things on a large scale, no jonsing!!!!! so that when am pinging on my BB, it would be all about what is coming into my store or whatever, and what is going out, talking to contractors, setting up appointments, making business trips.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by oraclefemi(m): 2:11am On Oct 19, 2011
I had this chat with a female friend i have known since my 100 level days,we were gisting and i asked her,D we will be graduating soon , whats next ? She replied confidently that she wants to get married and rest that the uni life is too stressful for her, i was like WTF undecided you dont want to work ni ? and she said nope ,she doesnt want to , she is just going to hang up her statistics degree and become a house wife. It pissed me off so bad that i pitied the hardworking Ahole that will marry this burden ! like come on , house wife bullcrap doesnt work anymore, hell no for any woman that wants to sit at home and burn my money in the name of house wife ? My mom did it , not at her wish, my dad didnt want her to work because he thought he could do it all, but sadly he got murdered when we were very young and my mom was devastated but thank God she had been secretly selling clothes without my dad knowing and she took it up and was able to do all my dad did for years and made sure all her kids got what will get us somewhere in life . One of the things i look for in any girl i am dating is her ability to sustain herself,i break up very easily with any canker worm of a girl that wants whats in my wallet, i be like get yours beaaattccch !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by dayokanu(m): 4:29am On Oct 19, 2011
^^ Thats what I said.

Should anything happen to the husband loss of job, death, workplace injury etc.

The family gets grounded finally
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2011
I don't get it. Whats wrong with being a full time housewife if both parties agree to it?

All these gbegboruns will not mind their business.

Ehn, if you don't find dayo flirting on threads , you must find him on threads like this.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Funseeka(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2011
its beats me when people think the only essence of having good education is to get a job. but the truth is that it take an educated people to raise a good home. of what use is your money and job without quality time with your spouse and adequate children upbringing.

insecurity often time is behind a woman's quest for financial independence. mind you this a whole lots of things a woman can do to better the lot of her family; there is really nothing like full house wife because she will always have one responsibility or another to add to the family's growth. off course when the man is not financial strong, the woman has to help.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by eghost247(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2011
[size=15pt]see power puff girls on nairaland lol[/size]
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by born2boink(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2011
The Moderator are not doing their Job, why would they even put this on front page
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by blank(f): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2011
Dreams, hmmm, ok.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2011
I can't be a housewive, not for anything in the world. I will definately take care of my home but i must work.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by sohlahtie: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2011
yeah its me soulahtie or sohlahtie whichever one! smiley Jenifa, I am laughing. i like your dreams. mine is different. what i see for myself is being a major music star. when i rest, i see my say making songs, remixing songs, shooting videos, going here and there for my career, getting a role or roles in movies and doing some charity. Girl dreams are very large. But professional I am in school and I write. Girl your dream is funny. stop dreaming and make it a reality. Dreams do come true sometimes.
i bet a rich guy might want to marry you if you are fine lol. your intro is funny did not expect that.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by cynthiafred67(f): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
Floxyluv:

I can't be a housewive, not for anything in the world. I will definately take care of my home but i must work.

U are on point

House wife? In dis modern age? Pls
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by AmakaG29(f): 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
I want to be a housewife once I make my money i.e. stack paper and retire early. I do want to be a presence and influence for my children in a world so crazy. No one else should raise and educate them in early development. I like working, but taking care of a household IS a full time job often under-appreciated. I spend this past summer not working. I cooked, cleaned, did shopping, household redecorating, worked out, wrote poetry, did volunteer work, there is a wonderful world out there beyond sitting at some desk for hours and calling it fulfillment.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by codelady(f): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^ Seconded!
It beats me when folks say they will be "idle" at home - there is ALWAYS so much to do! For me, TV is like 30 mins of catching up with news with my nightcap just before bed. Husband, kids and the house itself all require regular maintenance smiley. Now staying home doesn't mean you can't have a home-based business. I believe every hardworking woman needs an outlet where she can be economically relevant. But not as a priority over running her family! Pro. 31 17-18.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
Amaka G29:

I want to be a housewife once I make my money i.e. stack paper and retire early. I do want to be a presence and influence for my children in a world so crazy. No one else should raise and educate them in early development. I like working, but taking care of a household IS a full time job often under-appreciated. I spend this past summer not working. I cooked, cleaned, did shopping, household redecorating, worked out, wrote poetry, did volunteer work, there is a wonderful world out there beyond sitting at some desk for hours and calling it fulfillment.

you are going to be working extra hard to stack up the cash for early retirement. where will your kids be all the while? who will be raising them?
I thought about this too. that's why I resolved (in my dream  grin) to marrying a financially capable guy.

and to be honest, he doesn't have to be super rich. just wealthy enough to take care of the family financially.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
codelady:

^^^ Seconded!
It beats me when folks say they will be "idle" at home - there is ALWAYS so much to do! For me, TV is like 30 mins of catching up with news with my nightcap just before bed. Husband, kids and the house itself all require regular maintenance smiley. Now staying home doesn't mean you can't have a home-based business. I believe every hardworking woman needs an outlet where she can be economically relevant. But not as a priority over running her family! Pro. 31 17-18.

Most of the time the children are in school from 7am till 4pm. What would you be doing at home during this time?

Washing plates? when there is dish washers or washing clothes in this age of washing machine so what would you be doing? Gossiping?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by codelady(f): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Most of the time the children are in school from 7am till 4pm. What would you be doing at home during this time?

Washing plates? when there is dish washers or washing clothes in this age of washing machine so what would you be doing? Gossiping?

Well Mr Dayo if you read my post thoroughly and with an open mind you would have noted that there's always stuff to do at home. Aside from caring for a family there's a ton of DIY projects to keep busy with. I run my Internet business from home too. As for gossiping, permit me to speak from a personal point of view. I hardly have the time to look for people during my productive hours. And hello, kids are not always in school you know. I understand you are concerned about the woman wasting away at home. Trust me, the way technology has made business global, there's no reason any woman can't work from her home, use her God-given talents and brains, command some chips and still be involved with her family. I don't want to miss my kids' milestones for anything, and in this day and age, I have every reason not to!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Most of the time the children are in school from 7am till 4pm.

kids shouldn't be in school from 7-4pm. that 9 hrs is way too much. If not for the fact that more and more women are working and not having enough time to raise their children, school wouldn't even be that lengthy.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by 9to5365(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
Let's see, what can we get from this thread?
1. Being a housewife makes you less than a wonam who works.
2. Working women are more fulfilled than their non working counterparts.

I am sure that even with the help of cocaine and other substances, you don't really believe this rubbish. Why do the women come on here and pretend?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by sohlahtie: 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
I don't think anyone said there is anything wrong in being a housewife, it is just that we have goals and women these days are expected to contribute a little. But being a parttime housewife has served a lot. Women can take care of the children and the home well, be around and share a lot of comfort and care. I think it is not a bad thing but to be a fulltime housewife for me, i cannot say much about these days. I think there is no nee for quarrels. My mother is a systems engineer and also trying to get another degree, she is a part time housewife. her being at home at first did not make much difference but we enjoy her company and now she earns from selling electronics.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ladyju(f): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2011
I don't think house wives are stupid like some people said. My husband insist that I should stay at home and take care of his kids. It brought quarrel yet he stood his ground. Though he pays me salary at the end of the month with other allowances. I'm not complaining.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ronkebp(f): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
This is what i always say, if a man is financially able to care for his home, wife and kids, why not, even if i do not support a woman, sitting 24/7 at home with legs folded on the chair, there are other part time jobs you can do, invest that money your hubby is giving you, it would only multiply what you have, and at the end of the day, you are financially independent.

Why did women start working in the first place?, was it not due to the ireeponsibilities of men. My career ambition is very important to me, but my home (kids and hubby) are most-important to me.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by lovelydoll: 1:51am On Jun 13, 2013
I struggled and work dam hard ,to get my education. I will not waste my hard work on being a house wife for someone.something better come out from my sweat and tears.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Denied Me Of Sex / Your Husband Dies While Cheating On You / Man Impregnates Mother, Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.