Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? (780 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / Trading In My 2005 Lexus ES330 For A 2011 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by Deew22: 12:29am On Sep 15, 2023
please what could be the reason for this?
Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by Conner44: 1:32am On Sep 15, 2023
You bought a Mercedes benz

You saw sports written on it body

And you felt it wasn't built to consume fuel?

I love how tinubu is making Nigerians more aware of their vehicles and its needs this season grin no be only una wife and girlfriend una suppose dey pamper abeggi try dey throw eye go una ride once in a while jor
Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by 7bucklife: 3:20am On Sep 15, 2023
02 sensors are bad
Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by Kingdemu: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2023
Conner44:
You bought a Mercedes benz

You saw sports written on it body

And you felt it wasn't built to consume fuel?

I love how tinubu is making Nigerians more aware of their vehicles and its needs this season grin no be only una wife and girlfriend una suppose dey pamper abeggi try dey throw eye go una ride once in a while jor
When will some Nigerians really learn about the cars they own or drive? So, in your warped village thinking you think every car with the Mercedes Benz logo must be a fuel guzzler? For your information, that W203 C230 he drives, when functioning optimally, consumes just a little above 8 liters for every 100km of combined city and highway driving. Quit this village mentality that every Benz, regardless of the engine under it's hood, consumes more fuel than Japanese plastics.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by Deew22: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
7bucklife:
02 sensors are bad

Is this something that can be fixed?
Do you have any idea it's cost?
Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by 7bucklife: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sure. Go to google or ebay. Type the model of your car and year then type 02 sensors.or go to aliexpress andrype the aforementioned. It will bringout a list. Also does your car have catalyst or not. If it does t have catalyst. U will buy fuel like a drunk. If also the 02 sensors are bad. Infact your car will be consuming fuel like mad. Lastly check your spark plugs and maf airflow sensor. To know a good spark plugs that fires. The middle or point of contact will be brown or dirty brown...while pure black means its bad and not firing. When you go to mechanic,tell the mechanic to loose all the plugs and inspect inside the middle.if the middle is black..its dead. If its brown its working. Dont buy tokunbo plugs because all tokunbo plugs are nigerian used .buy brand new platinum plugs.1 is like 1k per 1.
Deew22:

Is this something that can be fixed?
Do you have any idea it's cost?
Re: Why Is My 2005 Benz C230 Sports Consuming Too Much Fuel? by Deew22: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
7bucklife:
Sure. Go to google or ebay. Type the model of your car and year then type 02 sensors.or go to aliexpress andrype the aforementioned. It will bringout a list. Also does your car have catalyst or not. If it does t have catalyst. U will buy fuel like a drunk. If also the 02 sensors are bad. Infact your car will be consuming fuel like mad. Lastly check your spark plugs and maf airflow sensor. To know a good spark plugs that fires. The middle or point of contact will be brown or dirty brown...while pure black means its bad and not firing. When you go to mechanic,tell the mechanic to loose all the plugs and inspect inside the middle.if the middle is black..its dead. If its brown its working. Dont buy tokunbo plugs because all tokunbo plugs are nigerian used .buy brand new platinum plugs.1 is like 1k per 1.

Thanks man. One of my guys told me that I've bleeped up big time, that was after hearing that I bought a v6 benz. Your comment here is quite comforting to me. I've read about those things you mentioned. Also, I have a `check engine` light on my dashboard. This points to one of those things you mentioned. Thanks again man. If you have any more Information you think I should know, please let me know.

(1) (Reply)

One Thing You Would Regret You Never Knew About Car Stereo / Need Theses 2 Parts Urgent. / Photo: Best Car Gift To You Girlie/wifie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.