Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel (23803 Views)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / My Honda Accord 2005 Ex Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 9:52am On May 19, 2022
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
To make matter worse, car dosen't communicate with scanners.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.
There is no catalyst though. It was removed before I got the car.

Pls help a brother in need.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Grupo(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2022
Omo! This one is very strong

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Cokahot: 2:32pm On May 19, 2022
Rewire knows what to do. But na from injector mouth. Catalyst or not. Unless the injector mouth don condemned b4 now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Dozieson(m): 2:49pm On May 19, 2022
Na trial and error things. Just dey manage am like that. 3k fuel is about 18l. It is a serious issue. My car can do 190km without AC and 180km when AC is on with this amount of fuel. Note: I don't have much traffic in my area

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by babatee1985(m): 2:55pm On May 19, 2022
Reason why the previous user sold it. This matter is very strong and I will suggest you get a good rewire to help u check coz I think it's wiring problem. That's one of the reasons why naija used cars dey fear me.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by fineboynl(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2022
Lol at it doesn't communicate with scanner.

The first problem is to resolved why it doesn't communicate with scanner if you can solve this that means you have solved 80% of the problem instead of guess work.

Except you meet a professional.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Plethereal: 3:47pm On May 19, 2022
Dozieson:
Na trial and error things. Just dey manage am like that. 3k fuel is about 18l. It is a serious issue. My car can do 190km without AC and 180km when AC is on with this amount of fuel. Note: I don't have much traffic in my area

What ride is this?

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Dozieson(m): 4:07pm On May 19, 2022
Plethereal:

What ride is this?

Camry 2005 I4 engine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finobravo: 4:09pm On May 19, 2022
Plethereal:

What ride is this?

It is a Honda Accord 2007 model

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Mmgboji(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2022
The biggest problem you have with this car is the lack of communication with the scanner. Dem don rewire oyibo hand comot from the innocent car angry My Honda civic 2006 gets about 200km with with that amount of fuel. Get a good auto electrician who understands and works with a scanner. Let them trace all the wires and look for a short. The first place to start is to check whether the obd2 port is receiving the appropriate current. Once the car is able to communicate with a scanner, they can pull out the codes and evaluate the live data readings. At this point, your solution will be within reach.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by bonnyhope: 10:23pm On May 19, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.

Jesus!!

With N2000 fuel, I de run 80km with matrix and e go still remain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Dozieson(m): 6:03am On May 20, 2022
bonnyhope:

Jesus!!

Meaning your car is consuming fuel. N2000 fuel is about 12 liters. Should give you about 140km

18 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by bonnyhope: 7:45am On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:

Meaning your car is consuming fuel. N2000 fuel is about 12 liters. Should give you about 140km

E de remain bro

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Grupo(m): 7:48am On May 20, 2022
bonnyhope:

Jesus!!

My Corolla runs 140km with 2k fuel. Although it's highway miles sha.

4 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by bonnyhope: 7:50am On May 20, 2022
Grupo:

My Corolla runs 140km with 2k fuel. Although it's highway miles sha.

Yea

Highway consumption rate different

You can't get that in LagosTraffic

5 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Grupo(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2022
bonnyhope:

Yea

Highway consumption rate different

You can't get that in LagosTraffic

Even city miles without much traffic, you will not get that.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 20, 2022
Change the windshield wiper blades

3 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by BabaIbo: 3:56pm On May 20, 2022
Open the fuel tap in half, that way the fuel won't rush, it will be flowing gradually and last long.

Bro, the previous owner knw why he sold it to you. The problem is the removed catalyst(aka indomie).
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by slawormiir: 3:56pm On May 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

So you mean say from Benin city to lagos go almost chop 25 thousand naira fuel
Na wahalar you dey o

Na seven thousand naira fuel I take match one corrola car from lagos to Benin city the other day and enough fuel still remain

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by ifytrik(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2022
Grupo:
Omo! This one is very strong
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by ifytrik(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2022
Cokahot:
Rewire knows what to do. But na from injector mouth. Catalyst or not. Unless the injector mouth don condemned b4 now.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by visijo(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
My Girlfriend took me to see her family today. They asked me to stay outside while they discuss serious family matters, only to find out that they were eating��

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Passionate888: 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
Close valve
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by BigCowH0rn: 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Catalyst

Your mechanic has stolen it
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Zane2point4(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2022
shocked

My camry did that o’

Maf was the culprit, too much black sooth at the exhaust’’

Scan the car you shld narrow it down to the bandit involved’

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Cantonese: 3:59pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

“ There is no catalyst though”. That may be the problem. Get it fixed. It is easily removed by those criminal panel beaters. It is a practice the world over because it is used illegally. Park your car for one hour in a mechanic’s shop, leave the place and it is gone before you know it. The thieves do very clean jobs of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by NotKnown: 3:59pm On May 20, 2022
It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres

My brother, there must be some unknown people or deities drinking that fuel.

36 km only? Honda?

Or maybe they have stolen the catalyst

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by madapcmod: 3:59pm On May 20, 2022
Your indomie is d cause

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by hk891: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Dem don remove the indomie,I don't know what it's called in English but ask your mechanic he xan explain.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lamborghini Huracam Is The World’s Fastest Camera Car With A Top Speed Of 125mph / Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) / You Think You Know Cars? Tell Us The Names Of These Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.