Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. (33870 Views)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by hardon1(m): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2023
Imredeemed:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN... I come in peace

What is wrong if a woman assist her hubby to clear rent. Are they not together in the union.

People have issues with their partners and believe everything other person is like that.

My elder bro moved to his own apartment three months ago. He confessed to me that the roofing of the house which took over 2.5M came from his wife.
He didn't ask her to help, she did because she want the project to be completed in time

No be every woman dey give wahala over assistance

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2023
CooldipoMPS:
The koko for me is to let your woman fulfil her destiny!
How many men do that? Marriage has typically been an institution that strips the woman of her value and destiny in support of the man. Why do you think our ancestors resorted to feeding their daughters stories of how childbearing is their destiny and glory? grin

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by stagger: 12:12am On Sep 17, 2023
I run all the expenses in my house. 100%. I have my respect that way. If any kind of nonsense comes up, I will simply move out and all the money flow from my end will dry up...fast.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Chummynoni(m): 12:34am On Sep 17, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Lol. My late dad of blessed memory experienced this when i was a kid. Mom paid my school fees for just a term coz dad was going through financial troubles. When they had disagreement, she started telling everybody that she has been the one paying my fees and catering for me since I was born. Infact she sugar coated the whole story to make it look like my father was an irresponsible man. My papa shock no be small. grin even me self I shock because I knew she was lying.

Never allow your wife pay rent or build the house in which you're living.

Never you buy any form of property together.

In future , she'll use these things against you.

Forget it, don't think your wife is the best because she is footing some of the bills, when there is disagreement, she will use it against you. You know women, they are good at sugarcoating stories and playing the victims card. They know how to twist stories to make it look like you were the devil.

A word is enough for .......
you are right kindof. It all boils down to the kind of woman the wife is. There are some blessed wife that no matter what happen, no third ear would hear about what she does in the family . Living in a house built by a wife tho is a NO-NO

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by foolbuster: 12:50am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:
Why? Is it not money she is using? Why degrading women?
Some men just carry empty head and call it brain...
Is it a crime let a married woman pay house rent?
Is it not thesame house they both stay?
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
Or if she is willing to pay, masculine pride shouldn't allow me to agree!!!
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Confusion left and right...
No worry, just allow pride Nd ego allow landlord pack Ur bag throw ..

Oga your woman should not pay your rent. You can continue deceiving yourself all you want
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Chummynoni:
■ you are right kindof. It all boils down to the kind of woman the wife is.
■ There are some blessed wife that no matter what happen, no third ear would hear about what she does in the family . Living in a house built by a wife tho is a NO-NO
Wrong! It boils down to the agreement from the start between the husband and the wife. If they had been sharing the bill from the beginning, chances are the woman wouldn't think much of paying the bill when he is down — assuming they also share homemaking responsibilities as well. The problem is when a man enters into marriage as "head of household" he is required by agreement to foot all the bills all of the time. When he becomes unable to do so, it means he is unworthy to continue carrying that head or household title on his head. However, most men do not realize this but continue to demand respect and submission from the woman even then. What do you expect from a woman who has finally seen that her husband isn't the invisible master he pretended he could be? undecided

2. Those are simply SIMPs amongst wives whose self-esteem as humans has been greatly reduced in the process of life or marriage. No mentally healthy human being would give over her right to stand on the same pedestal as another so easily. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by abbey621(m): 1:12am On Sep 17, 2023
foolbuster:

Oga your woman should not pay your rent. You can continue deceiving yourself all you want

Oga pray you never live abroad....All your macho nonsense go fall off once bills choke you. That woman wey you dey form for, all it takes is one divorce after years of simpology for you to notice your assets are split into half, you would still pay her alimony and her bank account is way fatter than yours.....E go do you like juju grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Sep 17, 2023
abbey621:
■ Oga pray you never live abroad....All your macho nonsense go fall off once bills choke you. That woman wey you dey form for, all it takes is one divorce after years of simpology for you to notice your assets are split into half, you would still pay her alimony and her bank account is way fatter than yours.....E go do you like juju grin grin grin
Very silly macho nonsense! undecided

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by EmekaA125(m): 1:53am On Sep 17, 2023
A man should shoulder the basic responsibility of his family viz shelter, food and clothing alone. My sincerest opinion!!!
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Ifakiland(m): 1:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Imredeemed:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN... I come in peace
When you enter abroad with your husband, no join am pay rent oh, infact turn housewife....na your body go tell u.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by chijokz(m): 2:51am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Well said. I applaud your logical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by FireUpNow(m): 3:22am On Sep 17, 2023
Even some women ridicle themselves for misbehaving and acting strangely Farida of house of Faridah comes to mind. She felt she was too rich for her husband that she had 3 kids for and wanted a brand new husband and father for her kids ending up contemplating suicide. Some of her other dirty secrets were made known. Now who is facing the shame. My prayer is that God should not make my wife to pay for the house we live in or build the house I live in.

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by oneman2k7: 3:58am On Sep 17, 2023
This is absolute true. You loose your relevance immediately your wife pays for your rent.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by udemzyudex(m): 4:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Tallesty1:
My marriage is 50- 50. We split everything down to light bill.

Even if thieves come to our house, two of us will go get the door because there is no head in the marriage. We equal like that.

I am a feminist.

Y'all should be

Lol.. Dey play.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by udemzyudex(m): 4:01am On Sep 17, 2023
A lot of people understand what the OP is trying to say but they just want to form woke online grin
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Ovasize(m): 4:06am On Sep 17, 2023
OP you have made a valuable point.... Very few will understand why
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Sep 17, 2023
udemzyudex:
A lot of people understand what the OP is trying to say but they just want to form woke online grin
Na economy go open una eye soon. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Yankee101: 4:11am On Sep 17, 2023
Stop giving misguided information

Help your husband out when you can
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Sep 17, 2023
Yankee101:
■ Stop giving misguided information

Help your husband out when you can
The husband should equally help himself out by not biting off more than he can chew in marriage. Anyway seeking to enter a union with a submissive women in this economy should know he is not only being foolish but setting himself up for failure. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by dkidd: 4:17am On Sep 17, 2023
zoghys:

Do let your wife pay your rent or your kids school fees no matter what. A word is enough for the wise.
I know where u and op are coming from but a lot of ignorant boys will learn the hard way much later. This applies to 90% of women. If u want to die happy never allow ur wife take charge of the home affairs else u die miserably daily even while ur alive and breathing. She will kill u mentally, emotionally and psychologically until u have no self esteem left then u die off naturally a shadow of urself. Women are not meant to shoulder these responsibilities but the understanding ones can support. It's the reason u see most of those who can afford to do it for themselves act like it's a great deal and start claiming boss ladies for being able to pay their own bills 😁

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Yankee101: 4:18am On Sep 17, 2023
The Nigerian situation is not the only perspective on earth

It’s well known other African women help out in their homes

In the west there’s what we call double income homes. She has to contribute, not maybe. It can be lower than the man but she has to

Naija prism isn’t the only looking glass

Kobojunkie:
The husband should equally help himself out by not biting off more than he can chew in marriage. Anyway seeking to enter a union with a submissive women in this economy should know he is not only being foolish but setting himself up for failure. undecided

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Elsueno: 4:19am On Sep 17, 2023
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by livebullet(m): 4:21am On Sep 17, 2023
Tallesty1:
My marriage is 50- 50. We split everything down to light bill.

Even if thieves come to our house, two of us will go get the door because there is no head in the marriage. We equal like that.

I am a feminist.

Y'all should be
💯 correct ...no errors.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Sep 17, 2023
Yankee101:
The Nigerian situation is not the only perspective on earth It’s well known other African women help out in their homes
In the west there’s what we call double incme homes. She has to contribute, not maybe. It can be lower than the nan but she has to Naija prism isn’t the only looking glass
What you just posted makes no sense ! Many families in Nigeria today are struggling as it is and double income will soon have to become the norm since there is no going back as far as the changes that the government continues to roll in. Anyone who has yet to see that happening in Nigeria is still deceiving self. Many women are already serving as breadwinners in Nigerian homes so any man looking to holding on to the old ways better make certain he is set for life or will likely have to face the same or similar issue.undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Cutehector(m): 4:37am On Sep 17, 2023
Sips wine and eats popcorn while enjoying the useless fights from simps and witches on this thread.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by buzorcharles(m): 4:46am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:

U will understand when u are married
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ceeceeuwa: 4:48am On Sep 17, 2023
Everyone will wake up with different nonsense post in the name of Redpills just to despise women. There is no blueprint for marriage. Do whatever can sustain your marriage!
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 4:50am On Sep 17, 2023
HopeSpencer:
At a time when we just spent 4months out of 1 year rent, my wife asked me that we should move out because she fought with a co-tenant and said she didn't want to set eyes on the co-tenant again. I said I wasn't prepared for this as I needed time to gather money for next year rent. She offered to drop money from her savings. We got a new apartment. And she became my boss. Come and see humiliation. I wept on several occasions because I'm not a type of person that engages in physical fight. I don't even use abusive words. Whatever I say on nairaland is just catching cruise.

I looked for money and rented a room. I didn't move out my things like chairs, bed etc because my daughter needs them. I left forever.

She told relatives that I left our home and never looked back. Relatives reminded her that she told them she was the one paying all bills since the beginning and that she should thank God that the burden was removed. That's when I got to know about the lie that she was the one paying bills.

In my next life, I will prefer to be a gay.

Your nyansh hole go tell you

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 4:52am On Sep 17, 2023
vikstandon:

I never pray to have someone who would define responsibility for me. My God-given wife would fill in the gap, and would not cause my voice be heard on the street, but would deal bountifully with me for good.

I would pay my bills, even when she does you won't know... So take this your mentality to somewhere else.

Who no know go know... you go learn sense
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by jaxxy(m): 4:52am On Sep 17, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Light Bills
*Security Bills
*GOTV or DStv bills
*Children clothes, etc
Can be paid by the Woman.😏

But you see HOUSE RENTS and SCHOOL FEES, they are EXCLUSIVELY for Men.😒🙂

Just like MAINTENANCE OF OUR SECURITY FORCES is for FG
while State govts does things like payment of salaries, providing roads,etc. 🤔🙂

So if a man doesn't pay the house rent what will happen? undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Boyooosa(m): 4:58am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:

No mind am, him too just dey play
U see anywhere he write him reason

He go prefer make he go sleep under bridge with his family if he's broke instead of receiving support from his wife na

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 4:59am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:

What exactly are u on about?
My own wife? Our house? So it's now a crime for her to pay the rent? Or pay our kids school fees? Will the marriage end?? Because of expenses?
Better marry who u both understand eachother oo... if not you no go value Ur Spouse... Coz Ur point I no understand

Don't worry . E go clear well well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Wife Confront The Husband's Mistress? / How Much Is Cooking Gas Being Sold In Your Area. / Dion Osagie Writes Open Letter To Wife, Winifred After Battering Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.