Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Canadian Study Permit Refusal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Study Permit Refusal (494 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canadian Study Permit Refusal by Ugbanu: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
I applied twice for study permit but the applications were refused on the basis of insufficient fund.
The reason as outlined by the processing officer in the first refusal letter is as follow:

."Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Unable to demonstrate actual financial resources available to cover the program of
studies and to pay for living expenses while in Canada"

My Varsities sent my transcripts and the faculty of graduate studies approved additional $6,200 CAD for me.

I applied for the second time and it was also refused. The reason is stated below:

"• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by

paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)".

The program is fully funded by an institution in Canada. I have above $26,000 CAD for the first academic year and my tuition fee is $12,648 CAD for the first academic year.

The following is an excerpt from the recommendation letter from the associate head of graduate studies:

"....I believe that our guaranteed financial support is sufficient for graduate students to pay their tuition fees and maintain
themselves in Winnipeg without the need for any extra funds from their home country....

Currently, our graduate program in XXXX is composed of 90% of international students (30 students) with a study permit who receive $XXXX CAD when in the MSc program and $XXXX CAD for the Ph.D. program.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information".

I attached her recommendation letter, and the application form and all supporting documents was proofread by my supervisor before the submission because he thought may be I made mistake in the first application.

Please, I need advise on what to do. My email is nguyenjohnson115@gmail.com in case you prefer to send me mail.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Study Permit Refusal by MatrixReloaded: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Ugbanu:
I applied twice for study permit but the applications were refused on the basis of insufficient fund.
The reason as outlined by the processing officer in the first refusal letter is as follow:

."Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Unable to demonstrate actual financial resources available to cover the program of
studies and to pay for living expenses while in Canada"

My Varsities sent my transcripts and the faculty of graduate studies approved additional $6,200 CAD for me.

I applied for the second time and it was also refused. The reason is stated below:

"• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by

paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)".

The program is fully funded by an institution in Canada. I have above $26,000 CAD for the first academic year and my tuition fee is $12,648 CAD for the first academic year.

The following is an excerpt from the recommendation letter from the associate head of graduate studies:

"Currently, our graduate program in XXXX is composed of 90% of international students (30 students) with a study permit who receive $XXXX CAD when in the MSc program and $XXXX CAD for the Ph.D. program.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information".

I attached her recommendation letter, and the application form and all supporting documents was proofread by my supervisor before the submission because he thought may be I made mistake in the first application.

Please, I need advise on what to do. My email is nguyenjohnson115@gmail.com in case you prefer to send me mail.

Thanks.
Your living expense is 10kCAD, fees 12,600CAD. Your home ties and business worth, what will u fall back that will boost 22k CAD after a whole year. Because you will be left with 4kCAD after 1 year. Is your MSC 12 months or more? Do you plan staying for PHD following year? Fully funded scholarship is a game of dicy.
How much are you presenting that is easily accessible to you. Do you have any joint account, marriage cert, child birth cert, work recommendation, business certificate, land properties, mortgage or fixed deposit?
Re: Canadian Study Permit Refusal by Ugbanu: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
The program duration is minimum of 1 year and the maximum of 4 years. The scholarship is guaranteed for 2 years. My plan is to finish by first quarter of the second year i.e 15 months And use the second quarter to prepare and take comprehensive exam. The program timetable has been sent to us. So my plan is to begin my PhD by fall term of the second year.

However, I forgot to mention that I didn't include SoP in the application because I don't even know if I should attach it as proof of fund or if it may be uploaded separately. Likewise my friends who also applied.

I have other friends with same amount and it was accepted.
Re: Canadian Study Permit Refusal by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
Post this in Canadian student visa thread

(1)

UK Universities Face Bankruptcy As Intl Student From Nigeria, India Declines / France Admits Ownership Of Russian Cargo Plane Impounded In Kano / Christmas Transportation (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.