Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. (10337 Views)

The Best Time To House-hunt In Lagos, According To Realtors And Agents � / Building And Finding Trust; A Dealing/behaviour Between Realtors And Clients / Landlords And Agents Terrible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by MrsTwrite(f): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Dear, Realtors and Agents, share the horrible experience you've had with your client. I'll go first.

As a newbie into this Real Estate business, I got a client that wanted to buy a two story building, he sounded so genuine, told me he wants to pay at once. We fixed a date for inspection. I wasn't the only agent tho, we were 4 altogether. I gave them hope that this client will show up, we waited for 4 good hours. I kept calling this guy and his line wasn't reachable, I used another line to connect him same thing, I then realized that he must have use the flight mode button.

After I got home, frustrated and worried, I just slept off and woke up by 7pm. When I opened my WhatsApp I saw this guy's message, He was like "Hi, I was kinda busy with something and couldn't meet up".

This was same person that kept calling and calling me that he's strict with time. 😂 What would you reply him if he sent you same message?
Meanwhile share your experience.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by letout: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2023
MrsTwrite:
Dear, Realtors and Agents, share the horrible experience you've had with your client. I'll go first.

As a newbie into this Real Estate business, I got a client that wanted to buy a two story building, he sounded so genuine, told me he wants to pay at once. We fixed a date for inspection. I wasn't the only agent tho, we were 4 altogether. I gave them hope that this client will show up, we waited for 4 good hours. I kept calling this guy and his line wasn't reachable, I used another line to connect him same thing, I then realized that he must have use the flight mode button.

After I got home, frustrated and worried, I just slept off and woke up by 7pm. When I opened my WhatsApp I saw this guy's message, He was like "Hi, I was kinda busy with something and couldn't meet up".

This was same person that kept calling and calling me that he's strict with time. 😂 What would you reply him if he sent you same message?
Meanwhile share your experience.

Welcome

5 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by TheGiftedOne(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
The agents in Abuja are something else. Most of them are allergic to telling the truth.

Only concerned about their pockets.

54 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by TheGiftedOne(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
Space abi land for sale.

I paid for the land above and got an extra one.

11 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Frayoworld(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ayam tired of Nigeria
I think everything ends here right now

5 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by YoungLionken(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
In short, mine was when a superstitious client was planting a charm on a land she's not made full payment (three instalments, only deposited one quarter) for. Her son was/is over the sea..

When it comes to charms/witchcraft/traditional worship, etc. Fear Benin people. I like them because they're not loud or showy but then...

13 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by oyeb15: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
You agents that specialize in selling peoples late papa houses by colluding with few greedy members of d family , your time of doom is coming.

That's why ' This house is not for Sale plenty everywhere'. Doom is coming on you agents and your stupid buyers.

15 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Ade1177: 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2023
Well

Clients are in millions and millions

While agents are probably 1 in 100,000

Then good agents 1 in 1 million

Clients will always have more complaints about the agent than agent about the client

Well I have been both an Agent and a client

[/b]I stopped within just 3 months because Agent work in lagos na suffer and smilling [b]

1. Clients have an idea of the house they want but their pocket is always 10times lower

2. The landlords are greedy both new and old house
In lagos don't be surprised if you go to a house without agent

You will still pay the full outrageous agent commission tagged Agreement and commission

Without any lawyer for Agreement papers or agent for commission

3. Agent work is capital suffer
You just join and you be hearing big big money they call

By the time you successfully do one job
You will hear
Landlord cut the commission to half, then 4 people will share the remaining half then one person that hold the key will collect something

Na you go later go beg your client to help you find something

4. You can never show a client one house and person will be satisfied

Minimum of 4 to 5

You go waka and money you collect your body go hear am

5. There's high risk of falling into a dubious landlord or developer

You and police station

Because if developer or landlord fault agreement, you're the one the client will hold

6. You can only be successful agent/ realtor if you Make sales of high value properties

Anything less na survival mode just to eat

Hence 90% of agents you see are always looking like someone that just left prison

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Lagosfinder(m): 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Clients with fake life

They we not just waste your time but resources looking for property they need

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by emmancipated(m): 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Most agents no get truth for mouth.

9 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Kenmatt(m): 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
If I should start writing it all here.

Only my comments will saturate this thread.

Most of these Clients are something else.

1 Like

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Authoreety: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2023
Wahala
Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Tayorshd87: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
No experience though but as a part term realtor I will advise you to get a job that can pay u monthly.or.daily because realtor job is not 🚫 a job for an inpatient being like me 😊.

But truly u can make it if you can endure the in d game

1 Like

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Dangrace01: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
Mine was kind of intresting. I always bring client's to the land for Sale it always ends in ill get back to you.

Dem say I gats go spiritual make i dey use jazz

4 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by SleekyP(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
bourdillon grin
Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Greenfaces: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Lol
Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Emma09(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Na una (Agents) greed and Yahoo boys stupidity make house dey very expensive now. Can u imagine for my area for Ikotun, just because dem renovate one house for my street, na im dem increase the rent of 3bed from 400k to 800k. i know say building materials is on the high side, but make una dey chill now? 800k without Agreement and commission o? las las, na around 1.1 or 1.2 M go end as total package and before u know it, 1 year don reach to renew again. in 2 or 3 yrs time, na to wan increase am again. na wah.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Greenfaces: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Lol
I'm not an agent but I introduced one supposed house owner to an agent who wanted to rwnt 5 rooms out inside vgc in lagos. Long story short I slept in cell

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by soxifi: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
Greenfaces:
Lol
I'm not an agent but I introduced one supposed house owner to an agent who wanted to rwnt 5 rooms out inside vgc in lagos. Long story short I slept in cell

What happened?

4 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by oluwaseyi0: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
d
Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Sarbee(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
Hello! I hope you are doing well. This is another tutorial section for ss1, ss2 and ss3 week four. In this week we will look at modular arithmetic for ss1, Series and Sequence for ss2 and Surd operation for ss3. In the ss1 topic I will teach you all you need to learn in modulus from Introduction to modulus, cyclic event, simplest form of modulus, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and simple equation in modulus. The ss2 content you will learn everything you need to learn under Series and sequence like introduction to series and sequence, differences between series and sequence, nth term of an A.p, sum of term of an A.p and waec, gce, jamb and neco questions and answers on A.p. In the ss3 content you will learn what is surd, rules of surd, basic form of surd, addition and subtraction of surd, similar conjugate, rationalization of surd and waec, gce, jamb and neco questions and answers on surd. I have created a playlist of videos for each class so that it will be easy to follow along with the lesson. Attach to the lesson is the note for each class. please support my hardwork by sharing, subscribing to my channel

modular arithmetic. ss1 first term work week 4
/3RsZbkJ

Series and Sequence for ss2 first term work week 4
/48sJYWP

surd operation ss3 first term work week 4
/3rvDwxx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by ayomidan: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
contact us for your prepaid & postpaid meters (MD meters, Single phase and Three phase meters) for your off grid facility.

After sales support guaranteed if our technical team are installing.

1 Share

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by bayernrunner: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2023
Yes oh.
Very true. That's why they've decided to increase the cost for every single type of apartment and their charges.
Bastards. angry
Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Yankee101: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2023
No

It should be if clients can share their experiences about wicked agents and realtors in nigeria that:

1. Fix fees as high as the landlord’s rent
2. Collect money for unfinished houses
3. Take multiple deposits for same property
4. Accept viewing fees for properties they don’t control
5. Fix ridiculous move in fees
6. Charge more than 5% for any reason
7. Refuse to refund a refundable deposit

13 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
The experience I will like to share to all Estate Consultants out there is that, we should be security conscious in our dealings, most especially we that our phone number scatter all over internet.

There are criminals among the real Customers, those that are pretending as potential clients but are evil doers like kidnappers.

Somebody called me few years ago that he saw my advert online.

The particular Estate he was talking about was 10m per plot back then. He said he was doing the searching on behalf of his brother and that the budget was 13m, he told me his brother was ready to pay the 13m for the property that I should try to insist on that amount so there will be 3m for me and him to share "Red flag"

He then told me he has forwarded my contact to his said brother for him to negotiate with me directly, No problem.

The following day, the said brother called and said his brother have told him about the property and he just wanted to confirm from me before he proceeded with the deal, I was playing along.

They were taken their time as if they were genuine, I don't bother to call either of them because I've perceived their game.

Two days later, they put call through me early in the morning that I should meet them at Ojodu Berger, Lagos, so they can physically inspect the property, it was a Lagos transaction anyway.

I didn't bother to leave my room, when they got to Ojodu Berger, they called again to know where I was waiting for them.

As at that period I directed them to our Office in Lagos and I told them we will move together to the Estate for inspection from office. Companies do have arrangements for inspection.

They strongly declined that, claiming they have been driving for long and can't continue driving to the Office, then I told them for us to get to where the property was located, there was still need for them to get to the Office because the Estate was not far away from office. At that point they begin to lose their calmness and begin to like raising their voice.

Now they tried to manipulate again that I should come and lead them to our office because they don't know the road network, I then opted to keep directing them until they get to the office, then they told me they were with the cash and it was too risky for them to be moving around with the cash in their car.

I told them we don't collect cash that they should look for the available bank around for them to make payment and once the payment is confirmed, they can comfortably continue with the journey. They gave up and never call me again.

There are real Clients online and their are evil doers.

Even on this Nairaland I have met good numbers of clients both from Nigeria and abroad, so there are good people.

Real Client will be comfortable to know your office
Real clients will be so comfortable to make payments through bank. It's even a good prove of payments

Nevertheless, don't lose guard.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by GideonOludayomi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
The agents in Abuja are something else. Most of them are allergic to telling the truth.

Sadly, that is why they are agents.

Only concerned about their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by Rexnegro(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
As for me I don't force things I tell you things how they are ... if after I do all righteousness by playing my roles accordingly I leave you to God. I don't force things if you are serious I believe you will buy

2 Likes

Re: Realtors And Agents Are Going Through Alot. by MikeMicheal(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Confirm ZILT Consulting Ibadan / Dantata Estate, Kubwa, Abuja, Housing Units Selling From N10.5m, Payment Plan / Jos Building Collapse: Rescue Operations Still Ongoing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.