Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? (5662 Views)

how much will it cost me to Roof a 3 bedroom building / How Much Will It Cost To Roof A 2 Bedroom Flat / How Much It Would Cost To Roof A 3bedroom Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys, I want to ask when is the best time to roof a house! Is it during the rainy season or during the dry season?

And when out of the 2 seasons is cheaper?

Kindly drop your opinion with reasons.

Thanks!
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Demainman1: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
I will say the best time is when the 'pepper' don dey ground. cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by AmAlone: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
When You Don't Have Any More Money On You!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by AmAlone: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2011
I guess the question would have been better if it was

"Any Need To Roof My House" grin grin grin grin
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
bad belle peeps! I tire for una oh!simple question na una dey blow fala.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by AmAlone: 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
, grin grin grin grin
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Kakatazz(f): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2011
The best time to roof a house is in the raining season so that the leakages would be traced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by shagaman: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2011
The best time to roof a house is in the raining season so that the leakages would be traced.

This is a very good advise,however it depends on when money dey your hand.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Ekans: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2011
My bros no mind them.Simply buy a fowl and when it starts urinating, thats the ideal time to roof your house.Advice free.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by ChrisChino(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2011
to roof a house is not easy caus am speakn from experience. but if u tink d prize will be cheaper cause of season, ur wrong. infact roofing material prizes always add money from d roofn sheets to the wood. pls just roof ur house wen u hav d money. delay can b dengerous.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by jaytime(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2011
Kakatazz:

That's a nice one but there shouldn't be any leakage in a new roof if the person that handled the work knows his work well.
To add my own, rainy season will help the roofer determine the direction of rain and recommend a suitable roof design.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Ninapha(f): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2011
The best time to roof a house is within the months of March to May and August.

I dont want to say Rainy season or dry season but the main reason is to be able to have a healthy roof. Roofing a house starts from the woodwork. Its not good to expose rafters(woodwork) to heavy rainfall since the roof materials( Long span or coated tiles) would be laid on them. secondly, before u could be sure the roofing materials are either properly lapped or that all holes resulting from removal of nails are sealed, you have to allow a reasonable amount of rainfall else the POP and or any other ceiling material would be affected.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Ninapha(f): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2011
what affects the prices of roofing materials mostly is festivity. Building materials tend to be higher within November and February. My experience so far points to those months.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by 8686(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2011
Trips grin
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by ezet(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2011
It all depend on when when u ve money to fund the project. However, doing it in raining season is better as you will be able to correct all installation lapses . If you dont mind roofing your new building with solar integrated metal roofing sheet, send mail to eztopenergy.ng@gmail.com. It is the latest roofing technology in town.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by atasteve: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2011
As per the cost, roofing is the same price either during raining or dry season.

But when you are ready with your cash you can go ahead, the only thing that can increase the price is government policy sad
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by opribo(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2011
I think the OP is trying to ask what type of roof type to use.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by mummy3(f): 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2011
What type of roofing, is it Thatch or Zink roofing?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by mikron(m): 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
Rainy season. That way u would knw if they did a good job 4 u
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by mrjingles(m): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
Best time to roof a house is when u get to ROOFING level.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by alanbolo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
Nice Q from op and nice answers from peps.  It does make my morning. 

I love the reply of , 
Ekans:

My bros no mind them.Simply buy a fowl and when it starts urinating, thats the ideal time to roof your house.Advice free.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by alanbolo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
It's better to roof ur house asap with ur materials handy but delay the ceilings due to abnormalies that occurs from d roofing.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by henrycode5(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
Whenever you have the resources. The dry season is cheaper though, but confirm that.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Bright2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
Rainy season is the best season for roofing ur house for price sake once we enter dry season the demand for roofing sheet will increase & the price will increase too ,during dry season every building materials usually add cost even cement,iron etc & labour cost do add too! Am talking from experience.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by Meristem: 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2011
methinks the best time to roof a house is when the house has gotten to the roofing stage
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2011
See naija peeps and suggestions! Why am asking this question is because a wood seller told me that logging activities are paralized during the rainy season and as a result wood tend to add extra money unlike the dry season when trucks can go in and out of the bush carrying logs
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by NL1960: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2011
The wood seller is right. My elder brother is a logger. He is quite busy during the dry season because that is the time that it is easy to get access into the forest to get good wood and easily bring out. If it rains, the trucks might not find it easy to get into the forest and those that venture will charge high and if they sink while coming out, that is an additional cost. He is presently getting me the wood for the roofing of my house. In addition, once such woods are used for the wood work, the sun can easily conditioned them and make them stronger. This are all what he told me and he has been in the business for quite a while. Just imagine a logger going to look for an Iroko tree during the rainy season. U will need to pay so much to get it because Iroko trees do not grow by the roadside.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2011
Thanks to you all for the good,the bad,and the ridiculous advice! The roofing is likely to start next week!
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by NL1960: 8:49am On Oct 27, 2011
Is it the entire roofing (wood work and roofing sheets) that is going to start next week or just the wood work. What type of roofing sheet and colour are you going to use?.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by blackky100(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
I would advice you dont give the aluminium roofing to any contractor. After the carpentary work, you can get quotation from 3 people to compare quatity. Then, go to aluminium compay yourself to buy and get one of their working to fix for you.

Reason: if you agree on a particular guage (e.g .45 or .5) with the contractor, he might use a lesser guage (.3) and this will lead to leakages. If that house is POP then you are in for it.

Had similar experince that I had to de- roof and re-roof. But contractor saw hell for his action and all my money was refunded. They are so dishonest. Today I am happy I remove the roof and did another one if not my POP would have been messed up by now like my friend is experiencing now.

Good luck.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Roof A House? by cinzo: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2011
This post is gone.

(1) (Reply)

Owoeye & Company (notorious Land Hijackers)should Be Checked . / Flats to let @ Ikosi-ketu,Lekki phase1,Ojota,Magodo,Ogudu,River valley EST8 / Please Read Before You Buy Mowe - Ofada Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.