Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,622 members, 7,844,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH (41475 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by spiceadole: 12:43am On Sep 21, 2023
adioolayi:
Hmmm....

Before we start making comments...

How practicable is it to be on duty officially for 72hrs

Are we saying roasters were made to keep any Dr at work for 72hrs non-stop

I am being careful to understand what happens before one can blame the superiors and authorities for allowing a 72hrs duty roaster to stand!!!

I worked for 24 hours X 8 straight days when I started Housemanship....on the 3rd day,I fainted in the ward,was revived and I continued working for another straight 5 days .

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Damseldammie(f): 2:13am On Sep 21, 2023
Stress
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Lilchilz(m): 6:05am On Sep 21, 2023
🤦🏻‍♂️
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by MrOkenwa(m): 6:09am On Sep 21, 2023
TempleHouse:
So sad 😢

His colleagues are making £72 Pounds per hour and working 37.5 hours per week in the UK
£2700x 4 weeks= £10,800 per month.

I don't know the current exchange rate though
This is not entirely true. No Trust pays an FY1 £72 per hour.
FY1 salary scale should be abt 26-30k per annum. They don’t get to do locum outside their trust, so they’re limited. Max they take home with locum is around £ 2,500 monthly.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by adioolayi(m): 6:52am On Sep 21, 2023
spiceadole:

I worked for 24 hours X 8 straight days when I started Housemanship....on the 3rd day,I fainted in the ward,was revived and I continued working for another straight 5 days .

Ha... this is a terrible experience.

So sorry.

Drs pressure groups need to standup against this slavery,!
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by nkpommpko(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2023
Did they put a gun to his Head?
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by Discountsempai: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2023
adioolayi:

Ha... this is a terrible experience.

So sorry.

Drs pressure groups need to standup against this slavery,!

NARD did make it part of their demands during the last resident doctors' strike..ie...we need more hands.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by omiphy: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2023
Thank you for your previous assistance, and now, I have a question regarding the use of several APs (AIR-AP1230) equipped with antennas (AIR-ANT1728) on a single floor. These devices operate at a maximal power of 100mW, but is there any potential impact on human health, and if so, to what extent? Your insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated. kindly visit my site https://omipsychiatry.com/baltimore-psychiatry/treatment-services/psychotherapy/
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by bizzibodi(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
This guy body wicked oo!he should have just shutdown(faint) to allow him take bedrest & drips na...instead of permanent shutdown...such a young man cry cry cry life so cruel waste investment,time,energy,struggleknowledge,skills,life. cry cry cry
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by caye(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
blowjohn:

Oga we work for days. Av had to work for 4 straight days before. Na normal things

Oga blowjohn..Abi na bl0wj0b...I believe you want me to assume that you're a doctor.

Àní sẹ, if it is your professors that instituted that doctors can be working for days, with due respects, they have NO understanding of the dangers of no sleep or rest on the brain or the overall psyche of a human being.

They are just like the old rulers of WAEC/ WASSCE, who insisted that the 1980s generation MUST NOT use calculator during exams, so as to ensure they do not become weak in calculations, despite the upwardly mobile western nations and China, allowing their students to use calculators ...the result? We produced engineers that couldn't make bicycles, while they produce technicians that could fly to space.

If it is the west that taught you that doctors can work for days, what is stopping you from using your God-given brain, to adapt ( addition , substitution, or subtraction) their practices tmabd fine-tune one that would be best for your environment? I don't believe foreign doctors work for days. It must be as a result of the psychopaths being bred in the department of medicine, by complete sadists called medical professor's and doctors.
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by blowjohn(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
caye:

Oga blowjohn..Abi na bl0wj0b...I believe you want me to assume that you're a doctor.

Àní sẹ, if it is your professors that instituted that doctors can be working for days, with due respects, they have NO understanding of the dangers of no sleep or rest on the brain or the overall psyche of a human being.

They are just like the old rulers of WAEC/ WASSCE, who insisted that the 1980s generation MUST NOT use calculator during exams, so as to ensure they do not become weak in calculations, despite the upwardly mobile western nations and China, allowing their students to use calculators ...the result? We produced engineers that couldn't make bicycles, while they produce technicians that could fly to space.

If it is the west that taught you that doctors can work for days, what is stopping you from using your God-given brain, to adapt ( addition , substitution, or subtraction) their practices tmabd fine-tune one that would be best for your environment? I don't believe foreign doctors work for days. It must be as a result of the psychopaths being bred in the department of medicine, by complete sadists called medical professor's and doctors.

Mr historian, how many doctors u get for ur country?
Re: Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH by FavoredbyGOD: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2023
fostermd:
During my internship at General Hospital, Ikeja( now LASUTH) in 1998/1999,we were doing 80 hours call duty during Surgery posting. Working from Friday morning till Monday evening!

You will still assist with few surgeries during the call duty. Sometimes,upto 6 to 8 surgeries including other minor procedures of suturing lacerations.

It was so stressful I developed peptic ulcer requiring sick leave and treatment. The stress level was huge.

During obstetrics gynaecology posting,the duration was 24 hours or 36 hours but very stressful. We get to carry out about 6 to 10 surgeries in addition to supervising delivery of babies in the labour ward.You monitor progress of labour,take deliveries and repair episiotomy or cervical lacerations. You carry out emergency caesarean sections,ruptured ectopic pregnancy, complicated fibroid cases abd our theatre day is the day after the team is on call.This theatre day is when we carry out elective/ scheduled surgeries and procedures. Typically,we have 4 to 5 surgeries booked for these days,then add these to the number of surgeries that come up as emergencies during call duty.

The pay is poor,terrible working conditions,no accommodation and access to food whilst on call etc.

I salute any doctor or medical professional working in Nigeria.God bless naija.

Please Sir I quoted you on a dead thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Attempts Jumping Down From A Mast In Lagos / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree / "I Had Stray Bullet In My Head For Over A Year" - Young Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.