Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos (34127 Views)

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies / Nigerian Man Rescues Accident Victims, Narrates How His Kid Brother Died(photos) / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2018
A heartbroken man has narrated how his brother passed away at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) due to the alleged negligence of medical personnel. According to the bereaved identified as Yommy, his brother named Segun (pictured below) died at the hospital despite all the screams from him that the case was an emergency. 

He alleged that the hospital officials ignored him for hours and later attended to his brother but by that time, it was already late. His brother passed away in his arms.

Read below what the heartbroken man shared on Facebook; 

All the General Hospital in Nigeria is nothing but a dead zone center where every patient is not sure of coming back alive. Their nonchalant attitude killed my brother. We got to navy town hospital they said no facilities to treat him that we should go to Lagos university teaching hospital.(Luth) we got there around after six(6).

We were shouting emergency emergency emergency nobody answered not even the security were moved. Then I call a matron working there she was off duty but did her best to call some people on duty. Despite are call they didn't answer.  my brother was struggling for breath in held him telling him the we never plan to depart this way.

He was calling my name and other peoples name. I was shouting doctor pls nurse pls don't let my brother die. they didn't answer even people around that brought patients they said that is how they use to do.

All efforts was abortive my brother struggled for more than 5 hours. It was even inside the small shuttle bus inside the hospital compound they gave him drip. All what they requested for we gave them. It was past 8 my brother stop struggling he became weak couldnt breath again was just moving his legs.

That was when they brought their bed for us to put him Inside it was not up to 10 minutes I was asked to control myself that my brother is gone.

They killed my brother because he wasn't given attention despite having money to purchase all they requested for. My GOD will judge them all. Segun rest on and sleep well I will forever miss you. Sun re.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/man-dies-in-lagos-hospital-due-to-alleged-negligence-by-doctors.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by SolutionMee: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2018
cheesy

Honestly, this is so touching. I have never been this touched in a while. Nigeria health care system and facility is in shamble at the moment. Many of these doctors have forgotten the Hippocratic oath they took before they became doctors. Saving lives should be their primary focus and all cases should be considered emergency to them. I can remember vividly when I was still in Nigeria. I was rushed to the hospital one day late in the night. On getting there, the nurse that we met was pregnant and was reluctant in attending to me. She later told me to come back the following day that the doctor at duty wasn't around. She told me to go and use paracetamol that I will be OK. I was almost crying. How can Nigerians be this heartless, "I said in my mind." That was the day I knew that our lives are not safe in the hands of Nigerian medical practitioners. I went home sad that day, facing the realities of life all alone. Nigerian hospitals couldn't save my life when I needed them most.

If what just happened had been in the Western world, the doctor on duty will be charge to court. A suit will be filed against him based on his own negligence. I've even seen in an Indian movie where a doctor was given 25 years imprisonment due to some petty negligence by the doctor. It was just a common surgery that was to be conducted on a minor. Due to negligence of the mother, the child ate an hour to the operation as opposed to the conventional rule of not eating 6 hours to any medical surgery. The doctor was later told by a ward nurse but because he was on call, he was carried away. They did the operation successfully but after few minutes, the food the child ate backed up to his throat and was turned into a poison. That was how they started running helter-skelter, trying to evacuate the food from his throat "something they should have done before commencing the surgery." The child later died and all effort by the doctor to bury the case in the court of law was proved abortive by his fellow doctors and the mother of the child. Though the mother caused everything. But the doctor was the one that served the jail time. If our judiciary sector is still functioning in Nigeria, the hospital should be charged to court ASAP while the family of the deceased should also hire a human right activist.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Moreoffaith(m): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2018
Innalilahi waina ilehi rajihun.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2018
Five long hours...

I'm pained and super angry.

What's all these. cry

Rest well young man. The system failed you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Hopebringer: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
Only in Nigeria do you see disgusting stories like this

The animal kingdom never disappoints

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Sunofgod(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
Normal things...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
cry
Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by kingthreat(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
Make that money to afford good private hospitals. By Private hospitals, I mean places like Reddington. Unless Nigerian system may forsake you. God help us make this money legally and live well. Amen

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by imran147(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
Innalillahi Wa inna illehin rahjiun
Surely we came from God
Surely unto thee we return

He’s time is up already that’s why no one could help him

Beside Nigerian hospital have too much negligence toward there patients

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Jared09: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
really sad.. Shithole indeed

3 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
A new transportation university is about to be built. That's what the supporters if this administration wants after all when they are sick they fly to London. If you know you can't fly to London when you are ill and you are a supporter of this administration you are the problem of Nigeria, not the politicians.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Alvin007: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Same way I lost my dad few years ago, due to Lautech Teaching Hospital’s negligence. I couldn’t sue ‘em coz I didn’t have concrete proof. I chose NEVER to tell my mom and sibling about it. I don’t want ‘em living with such pain. It is well.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by GentleMoney: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Sad!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by IYANGBALI: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Most Nigerian doctors and nurses are more heartless than members of boko haram. Animals in human skin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by paulsibility(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
Napoleon9213:
hookup is free for only active users share our blog on Facebook and other social media

with all the OP wrote, na hook they do u... who are u self?.... eediott...

take heart bro.....

rip to the dead....

Hospitals in this part of the world are just abattoirs.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by DandyWalker(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A heartbroken man has narrated how his brother passed away at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) due to the alleged negligence of medical personnel. According to the bereaved identified as Yommy, his brother named Segun (pictured below) died at the hospital despite all the screams from him that the case was an emergency. 

He alleged that the hospital officials ignored him for hours and later attended to his brother but by that time, it was already late. His brother passed away in his arms.

Read below what the heartbroken man shared on Facebook; 

All the General Hospital in Nigeria is nothing but a dead zone center where every patient is not sure of coming back alive. Their nonchalant attitude killed my brother. We got to navy town hospital they said no facilities to treat him that we should go to Lagos university teaching hospital.(Luth) we got there around after six(6).

We were shouting emergency emergency emergency nobody answered not even the security were moved. Then I call a matron working there she was off duty but did her best to call some people on duty. Despite are call they didn't answer.  my brother was struggling for breath in held him telling him the we never plan to depart this way.

He was calling my name and other peoples name. I was shouting doctor pls nurse pls don't let my brother die. they didn't answer even people around that brought patients they said that is how they use to do.

All efforts was abortive my brother struggled for more than 5 hours. It was even inside the small shuttle bus inside the hospital compound they gave him drip. All what they requested for we gave them. It was past 8 my brother stop struggling he became weak couldnt breath again was just moving his legs.

That was when they brought their bed for us to put him Inside it was not up to 10 minutes I was asked to control myself that my brother is gone.

They killed my brother because he wasn't given attention despite having money to purchase all they requested for. My GOD will judge them all. Segun rest on and sleep well I will forever miss you. Sun re.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/man-dies-in-lagos-hospital-due-to-alleged-negligence-by-doctors.html

Well. Sorry about your brother. But the story didnt add up. They negleted you yet all they asked you provided which means they actually attended to him. There are a lot of gaps in your story. I would assume you are not a good story teller

15 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by freedomchild: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nigeria has been programmed to fail
that's the truth...

6 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by EPIJOE: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
THESE IS REALLY TOUCHING. NO WONDER OUR PRESIDENT ALWAYS RUN TO THE UK.

HE NO WAN DIE ON OUR DOCTORS HAND.

SOO SAD, SOO SAD,

WHICH WAY NIGERIA?

5 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by sammyuche(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bllame the Government.. When you see doctors going on strike next time so that Government takes the health sector seriously support them.

13 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by KIDfurniture(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nigeria !!!!!!!!!!!! I give up. Lost my mother too because there was no power supply at uch to run the dialysis machine. 2 patients needed that machine around 12 midnight ,there was nothing we could do , not even referral letter could be signed to move them out. Money wasnt the problem. We watched them die almost the same time. Nigeria politicians ur children will lavish everything u have stolen and ur generation will never be heard of again.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Manweysabi(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
So many thing is wrong with this country.

I'm always heartbroken everytime I visit hospitals... I always feel like jetting outta this country instantly.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Sarkin: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
This is disheartening.

All the hospital staff deserve execution.

1 Like

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by jossy4joseph(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
I am so sorry brother...accept my condolences..This is naija where nothing works

3 Likes

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Well you voted for buhari enjoy
Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Sharpshooota: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hold Buhari responsible
He ran the health sector to the ground

Only because he can use tax payers money to travel abroad for medical treatment

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
Later dem go say make i no ja commot nigeria. useless zoo

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ubong King Is Dead / Acne Treatments And Common Brands Available In Nigeria / What Are Those Things You Have Stopped Doing Because Of Coronavirus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.