Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens (19727 Views)

BDCs Now Buying Dollar At ₦‎980 — ABCON President / Naira Tumbles To N435/$1 At Official Market As CBN Adjusts Forex Rate / Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Wizardslayer: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
When APC promised to Equal #1 to $1 Nigerians misunderstood their massage.

What they actually meant was #1000 to $1. Promise fulfilled.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by JuanDeDios: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
RepoMan007:
the basics of economics, they ignored and are more interested in executive-stunts instead of building, or reinforcing where needed, the system, grounds up. Bandits are having a field day intercepting govt taxes as levies while killing production. He doesn't see the sense in building local production that can reduce import and strengthen the economy. As far as they are concerned, the rent-seeking elements among us are part of their political structure and shouldn't be tampared with.
If the man knows his priorities, he should relocate to Lekki in dangote refinery and ensure that plant come alive to save valuable forex before even planning any foreign trip.
I co-sign this post too.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Paracetamol01: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hahahaha 😂🤣
Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by chatinent: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
Bola should return home as a matter of urgency.

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by AMI3(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
The naira is just summersaulting not tumbling.

1200 before December loading

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by ebufa: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
festacman:
Mr. President,
- Focusing on taxation without any clear plan to boost the productive capacities of existing businesses as well as create enabling environment for new businesses to create jobs is antithesis of economic growth. No economy grows on taxation alone.

- Leave the pursuit of FDIs for now. Come home and rebuild the building blocks of the economy.

- Quit wooing UAE like a beautiful bride. Come home and focus on wooing local investors to invest in sundry areas of the economy.

- Forget the beautiful speech at UNGA. Come home and give beautiful economic roadmap.

- Forget ringing bell at NASDAQ stock market. Come home to ring the bell of local industries and SMEs by carefully packed incentives and ease of doing business initiatives.

- Run back back home and roll out your all-encompassing economic plan to revitalize the economy as contained in your manifesto.

- Quit chasing shadows. Go after the substance for time is running out.

- There is fire on mountain at home. Run home and quench it, my president.

triumphalism and arrogance no go gree am! Tinubu wants it all.........we shall see!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by SIXTEENTH(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
AMI3:
The naira is just summersaulting not tumbling.

1200 before December loading

1500 I swear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by bonnyhope: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
The accountant from Chicago should pls do something

4 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Omicron123: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
We told them but they called us Obi supporters. Now majority of those brainless fools have resorted to online begging. May I not share the same country with Agbados in my next life.

10 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
Instead of complaining,why not look for a skill to learn and earn in dollars.Trading is bae cool

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Brushstrokes20: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire! 🔥👀

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Evolutionism: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
Okay.

grin grin grin
Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Arthurity1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
festacman:
Mr. President,
- Focusing on taxation without any clear plan to boost the productive capacities of existing businesses as well as create enabling environment for new businesses to create jobs is antithesis of economic growth. No economy grows on taxation alone.

- Leave the pursuit of FDIs for now. Come home and rebuild the building blocks of the economy.

- Quit wooing UAE like a beautiful bride. Come home and focus on wooing local investors to invest in sundry areas of the economy.

- Forget the beautiful speech at UNGA. Come home and give beautiful economic roadmap.

- Forget ringing bell at NASDAQ stock market. Come home to ring the bell of local industries and SMEs by carefully packed incentives and ease of doing business initiatives.

- Run back back home and roll out your all-encompassing economic plan to revitalize the economy as contained in your manifesto.

Thank God you said "my president"... He was never mine to start with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Foodhub2023: 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
festacman:
Mr. President,

He think is buy employing be student to write speech... Der is more to it than just becoming president

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by kokome1(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
festacman:
Mr. President,

you are so on point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Farid24224(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
undecided

God!!! This was less than 10 years ago fa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Creamypie(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
undecided
e dey vex me too much

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by AMI3(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
nony43:
Ronu and Agbado people how far na? Why is no one protesting? If na GEJ some of Una go know how to block road and burn tyres.

Nigeria can NEVER move forward no be swear, we keep wasting our time on trivial issues. The energy they are using to March on top a dead artist they should use it to March for dollars.

Exactly, they taught Nigerians how to insult their leaders.

They play politics with the life of innocent Nigerians.

According to some guys Karma is a bitch. He had meant well for GEJ to succeed he will succeed but if he didn't. My brother we need to pray hard because there are people who are loyal to the ex president and most of them may not like BAT.

They will do everything to make sure he fail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by UnabashedIPOB: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
You have NOT seen anything yet! Your worthless money will become worse than that of Zimbabwe. To buy a loaf of bread, you would need wheelbarrow loads of your useless money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by IamAsiri: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
OkCornel:
Well…we gotta cut down imports and be more productive as a nation.

We got no business importing fuel, wheat, rice, palm oil, stock fish, steel and steel related products, rubber etc

And how much is the local rice that is not being imported? What's the cost of plastics made in Nigeria compared to their imported counterparts? Are they cheaper? Are their prices reasonable even if they are cheaper?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by AMI3(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

1500 I swear

I agree with you. Because the rate that it is tumbling is so rapid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Gentlelox: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2023
Naija i hail thee
Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Racoon(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
cheesy Balabloo-blu-bulava heroin-sniffing baron economics

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by occfx: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2023
iwaeda:
[/b]

https://punchng.com/naira-tumbles-to-980-dollar-fx-shortage-worsens/

They should summer tumble it to 2000/$. Bulaba is in charge it will favor every US and our family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by easytig(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nawa o ,na everybody go collect woto woto,aje
Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Akano5(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
In Buhari's voice -- I ain't surprised

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by StarGra: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
He is still your president.. grin grin grin grin

festacman:
Mr. President,

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by iamtardey: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
Countdown to Felabration first week of October
Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Reference(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
festacman:
Mr. President,

What more can I say.
This is just the truth.
Highly disappointed the way the government is run.
The man is gallivanting around the world while inflation consumes the economy turning lives and livelihoods to ashes.

I ask this.
What is anyone coming to invest in, where the people's purchasing power is lost. completely eroded.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Elidrisy20: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
Congratulations Naira

2 Likes

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Achor1111(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
Tinubu is working

1 Like

Re: Naira Tumbles To 980/Dollar, FX Shortage Worsens by Bluntemperor: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
The question I always have for some of the Youths is:
-What is Nigeria Selling to the World Now,that you want our $ to go down to your Naira?
- What is Nigeria Balance of Payments,Compared to the World and vothr Countries?
- Whais our Net Surplus,from our Exports minu our Imports?
- in the Words of MKO'- NNPC should show us how much of our Crude Oil' we Sell daily and Show the Position to Nigerians Daily!- Positive or Negative!
So much Corruption is iin Most of the MIDAS, including CBN, NNPC,NPA,FIRS,etc,!
- The CBN Management should also show us- How Much do NIGERIA received daily and What Amount they Received from NNPC and All it's Subsidiaries!
President Tinubu :
- you should Direct the NNPC and CBN and the Co- Ordinating Economic Minister -,who is the Finance Minister the Template on What we received on Daily Basis in Nigeria.
•✓Nigerians wants to know the Situation Reports on the Refineries and by Dec,2023- the PortHarcourt and Warri-and Kaduna -Refineries becomes FUNCTIONAL,to the delight of Nigerians, should help to reduced the PMS Prices!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market / I Just Observed All Bank Network Is Down. / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.