Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,328 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) (1275 Views)

Duncan Mighty Not Kidnapped, Was Arrested Over Fraud Allegation – Police / "I Look Forward To Receiving Burna Boy" - SA Political Leader Assures His Safety / Oritsefemi's Wife Nabila Fash Reacts To Prostitution Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
A fraud case is what has led to megastar Burna Boy's concert to be cancelled in Joburg.

Sowetan has exclusively learnt that Sedote Nwachukwu, who is a CEO of prominent entertainment company, Ternary Media Group, who are the organisers of the show, is accused of stealing 10-million rands (410-million naira) from the company.

The details are contained in a police statement that Sowetan has obtained for a case of fraud opened by his business partner Gregory Wings at the Sandton police station.

Nwachukwu was in charge of organising the Burna Boy concert which was supposed to take place this Saturday at FNB stadium, but due to pending legal proceedings, the event has been postponed to December 16.

Asked if the concert was cancelled due to low ticket sales, Ternary Media Group spokesperson, Kymoni Jackson, responded that the reason for the cancellation was due to the alleged R10m (N410m) theft.

"He [Nwachukwu] stole R10m (N410m); that's why we had to call it off. He lied to everyone that was part of the event and his investor Gregory Wings. We are willing to refund people, however tickets are still valid for the next show.

Burna Boy was very excited to come [to SA] but we had to deal with this internal issue of Mr Nwachuku [first]..." said Jackson, who added that Burna Boy is looking forward to come and perform in December

2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
Who is Sedote Nwachukwa?

t's in the blood. Music, entertainment - those are things he grew up surrounded by.

With a father that loved entertainment and a natural instinct for what makes for a good time, he was bound to land up where he is - in the business of parties.

“I used to throw parties as a kid for my family and different things like that. My father was somebody that was heavily interested in the entertainment business and was an advocate of music. I believe that shaped me,” he says.

And shape him it did. Businessman and entrepreneur Sedote Nwachukwa is the CEO of a media group who will be bringing Nigatian artist and Grammy Award winner, Burna Boy, to South Africa this September.

Sedote was born in the U.S, but he spent his childhood in Lagos and London, where he developed a passion for the entertainment industry.

With over 15 years of experience in this sector, working with artists, promoters, and venues, he knows what he's talking about.

His CV is quite long. He started his career with Global Investments LLC, an Atlanta-based company that offered consulting and investment services in entertainment, finance, business development, and real estate.

Then he founded Penthouse LLC, a private investment firm that focuses on the entertainment industry. He owns Halo Lounge in Atlanta, a popular spot for celebrities and VIPs. He also invests in events, concerts, and artist development, providing marketing and branding support to his clients.

Sedote is always looking for new opportunities, which is where this party comes in.

In 2021, he co-founded Ternary Media Group, a global company that offers a range of services to the entertainment industry.

Safe to say, events are his business.

“I'm 39 years old. I have a management and marketing background and I've been in the industry now for over 15 years in entertainment,” he says.

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by GOFRONT(m): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
Rand sef carry weight pass Nigerian Naira

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Kestolove(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
Iyamiri Don corner 10million rands.... Chai useless people

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Ever8090: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nigerians and corruption are inseparable,...we see every opportunity as an avenue to crate wealth for our selves by any means

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by illicit(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
Only u 410million

How u go pay Burna
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Kingosytex(m): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Show never start but Nwachukwu don already sideline #410milla cheesy
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Burna who?😆

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
JaceBlaze:
Burna who?😆

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
SA reactions to follow...
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Johnvincent: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Mohbad Is Not Dead He Is Fully Alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1T3djauLHg
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by poshestmina(f): 12:51am On Sep 22, 2023
I doubt this story. Show was possibly cancelled because of Low tickets sales.

Burna Boy has never hidden his disdain for that Xenophobic and bitter 'away match' corntree and they don't forget.

You lots never stop pouring your slavery frustrations on your fellow blacks but we understand grin.

This Thread is to bash Nigerians ,on a Nigeria forum .
Jokes on you!🤡

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by emmabest2000(m): 2:02am On Sep 22, 2023
JaceBlaze:
Burna who?😆

Boil grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2023
JaceBlaze:
Burna who?😆
why you hating bro? cry
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2023
poshestmina:
I doubt this story. Show was possibly cancelled because of Low tickets sales.

Burna Boy has never hidden his disdain for that Xenophobic and bitter 'away match' corntree and they don't forget.

You lots never stop pouring your slavery frustrations on your fellow blacks but we understand grin.

This Thread is to bash Nigerians ,on a Nigeria forum .
Jokes on you!🤡

Drama continues on this here my follow up thread 😎

https://www.nairaland.com/7849162/burna-cancelled-sa-mocks-artists
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Typing: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2023
I've never seen any Igbo man that made money legally.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:45am On Sep 22, 2023
cheesy shocked

TMKsouth:
A fraud case is what has led to megastar Burna Boy's concert to be cancelled in Joburg.

Sowetan has exclusively learnt that Sedote Nwachukwu, who is a CEO of prominent entertainment company, Ternary Media Group, who are the organisers of the show, is accused of stealing 10-million rands (410-million naira) from the company.

The details are contained in a police statement that Sowetan has obtained for a case of fraud opened by his business partner Gregory Wings at the Sandton police station.

Nwachukwu was in charge of organising the Burna Boy concert which was supposed to take place this Saturday at FNB stadium, but due to pending legal proceedings, the event has been postponed to December 16.

Asked if the concert was cancelled due to low ticket sales, Ternary Media Group spokesperson, Kymoni Jackson, responded that the reason for the cancellation was due to the alleged R10m (N410m) theft.

"He [Nwachukwu] stole R10m (N410m); that's why we had to call it off. He lied to everyone that was part of the event and his investor Gregory Wings. We are willing to refund people, however tickets are still valid for the next show.

Burna Boy was very excited to come [to SA] but we had to deal with this internal issue of Mr Nwachuku [first]..." said Jackson, who added that Burna Boy is looking forward to come and perform in December

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by englishmart(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2023
Defrauding a fraudster is not fraud

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lorayne:
why you hating bro? cry

Hating? How Sway?🥴

The truth is South Africans don't really rock with your Afrobeat genre.And Burna Boy of all people? Didn't he say he don't fûck with SA anymore? So what does he want from us now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by princefrank76: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Life is very difficult for me as an under graduate..

Pls someone should help me 1k to fill my gass pls.

Opay

Thanks
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Hating? How Sway?🥴

The truth is South Africans don't really rock with your Afrobeat genre.And Burna Boy of all people? Didn't he say he don't fûck with SA anymore? So what does he want from us now?
Money? Lol.

But why don't y'all Bleep with our music? cry
Our music industry is arguably the biggest (best) in Africa at the moment and I thought it was because all of black Africa love our music cry
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by KingCold: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lorayne:

Money? Lol.

Our music industry is arguably the biggest (best) in Africa at the moment and I thought it was because all of black Africa love our music cry
Homie sit down! your music ain't the best Africa has to offer, it's the most popular though
..I think that popularity gives you guys a false sense of superiority.

To answer your question though..I think we're exposed to better music here at home, it's that or western music.
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
KingCold:
Homie sit down! your music ain't the best Africa has to offer, it's the most popular though
..I think that popularity gives you guys a false sense of superiority.
Whose music is the best tho', yours?
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by KingCold: 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lorayne:

Whose music is the best tho', yours?

I can safely say so...it's doesn't sound samey, if you're either sick of amapiano, there's a lot of house music you can listen to, various styles of house music, then you have the rap, the ikes of Nasty C, etc, you have the afro soul, you go to the Durban side and there's the likes of Gqom, etc..

Then when someone says Afrobeat,...like, they all sound the same, even your rendition of amapiano still sounds like AfroBeat, even the rap from Phyno still sounds like Afribeat...the sound becomes stale. Not to put your music down tho, it has done crazy numbers close to a decade now, but it's not the best music I've heard in Africa...

Maybe the likes of youssou n'dour, angelique kidjo, salif Keita, you're talking

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2023
KingCold:
I can safely say so...it's doesn't sound samey, if you're either sick of amapiano, there's a lot of house music you can listen to, various styles of house music, then you have the rap, the ikes of Nasty C, etc, you have the afro soul, you go to the Durban side and there's the likes of Gqom, etc..

Then when someone says Afrobeat,...like, they all sound the same, even your rendition of amapiano still sounds like AfroBeat
this is funny.... Is afrobeat the only genre we have? And aren't afrobeats supposed to sound the samey If it's different then it's not afrobeats na. And the world love listening to it like that, so grin

Tbh, I can say the same thing you just said about amapiano. If you don't like afrobeats that's ok, it's cool. you don't have to hate on it.
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by KingCold: 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lorayne:
this is funny.... Is afrobeat the only genre we have? And aren't afrobeats supposed to sound the samey If it's different then it's not afrobeats na. And the world love listening to it like that, so grin

Tbh, I can say the same thing you just said about amapiano. If you don't like afrobeats that's ok, it's cool. you don't have to hate on it.
Its certainly the only thing we here from you, and it's how you sound whenever you attempt to make anything else.
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
KingCold:
Its certainly the only thing we here from you, and it's how you sound whenever you attempt to make anything else.
if you say so.

Not a fan of amapiano or afrobeats.
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 12:38am On Sep 23, 2023
Lorayne:

Money? Lol.

Money? I'm sure he's doing just fine.Didn't he fill up Madison Square Garden? Why are you guys so heartbroken over us not fûcking with your homeboy? Failing to fill up FNB is not the end of his world...trust me,HE'S DOING FINE.

I'm pretty sure it is.So you got 53 African countries that love your music but you are bothered by South Africans not rocking with it?

There's over 800k Nigerian population in SA so why didn't they buy the tickets to go and see their beloved Burna Boy perform? Why y'all gotta blame it all on us😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by TMKsouth: 3:44am On Sep 23, 2023
Similarly to when the postponement was originally announced, news of the cancellation has been met with relentless trolling from South Africans on social media.

“This makes me proud as a South African, a lesson taught to other artists who think they can just speak ill about our country. Well done Mzansi. 🇿🇦❤️🇿🇦,” posted @umaster_sandz.

https://www.iol.co.za/entertainment/whats-on/joburg/burna-boys-sa-show-officially-cancelled-amid-rumours-of-low-ticket-sales-and-organisational-disarray-591782d9-d95e-4a1c-a804-64cf6fc915b0

Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by Lorayne(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Money? I'm sure he's doing just fine.Didn't he fill up Madison Square Garden? Why are you guys so heartbroken over us not fûcking with your homeboy? Failing to fill up FNB is not the end of his world...trust me,HE'S DOING FINE.

I'm pretty sure it is.So you got 53 African countries that love your music but you are bothered by South Africans not rocking with it?

There's over 800k Nigerian population in SA so why didn't they buy the tickets to go and see their beloved Burna Boy perform? Why y'all gotta blame it all on us😂😂😂😂
oh mehn.... I asked a simple question and you re talking about burna's ticket sales.
Re: Burna Boy SA Concert Cancelled Due To N410-million Fraud Allegation (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2023
Lorayne:
oh mehn.... I asked a simple question and you re talking about burna's ticket sales.

You mean the question about us not rocking with Afrobeat? The short answer I guess would be it's just not our cup of tea.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arnold Detained At German Airport Over Expensive Watch / THROWBACK: Olorogun Michael Ibru And His Wife Cecilia In England In The 70s. / Janet Jackson !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.