Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) (46313 Views)

Mohbad Appears On Times Square’s Billboard In New York / Tiwa Savage's 49-99 Appears On New York Times Square Billboard / Burna Boy Billboard Spotted In Times Square, New York City (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by SageWithSarcasm(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:
RIP Mohbad. But can someone explain to me why people protest a celebrity's death but cannot do same for bad governance. No be JUJU be dat?

Fuel went from N195 to N617. No one came out. The elections were rigged and made every single one of us look like fools. Nobody came out still. grin grin grin
Its actually common sense....the last time they protested against the government #EndSars. We all have a candid reminder of what happened and a theory of how it happened. Now with the present President worse would
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by charmosky(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:
Mohbad is dead and he went to the grave on his family's approval but was brought back for autopsy due to public interest.

It is okay to mourn the early demise of the short-lived popstar but I stand with Naira Marley in all of this.

I stand with Naira Marley as a capitalist believer. Zinolesky, Mohbad, Kizz Daniel, Ayra Starr, Rema, Asake, Fireboy, Khaid are not musical stars just because they are talented. In fact, being a popular musical star has nothing to do with knowing how to sing or one's dexterity with musical instruments.

They're musical stars because someone took a loan from the bank or lenders and invested tens of millions of Naira or even dollars to put them in your faces until you accept them as stars by force. Everyone blames the record label bosses because they're not the main actors who perform on stage.

An idea is worth nothing without the resources to amplify it. In tech, angel investors and venture capitalists take the lion's share leaving founders with the bulk of the burden. In sports, agents like Mendes take their big cut. If it was easy, Mbappe would just wake up and leave PSG for Madrid. Why is it always different in the music business?

Defend the deceased as much as you like but the fact remains that nobody on the face of the earth forced him to sign the deal with Marlian records. When you sign an agreement, fortunately, one that brings fame and money to you, the least you can do is honour it.

If Loan Apps in Nigeria, like Palmpay, that have foreign investors and major corporate personnel have resorted to blackmailing the families of loan defaulters and even crashing events to disgrace and arrest their debtors what do you think street boys who hustled all their lives will do if a fellow ghetto nobody they lifted out of poverty plays ping pong with their millions worth of investment?

I unequivocally condemn the mode of debt recovery above as I only used that real-life scenario to point out the fact that Mohbad was Naira Marley's debtor until he died. The Courtroom or Arbitration house remains the best destination for dispute settlement.

However it must be stated that Mohbad's tragedy and Naira Marley's cancellation is like a loan app debtor committing suicide because the loan sharks blackmailed him to his family, friends, and colleagues. Naira Marley is simply that loan shark whose chronic debtor is involved in a fatal accident while trying to avoid the loan shark's constant harassment. Nobody blames the dead debtor but everyone blames the loan shark who had once given the debtor money and hope even though the debtor failed to keep his own part of the bargain.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family in their period of grief. I genuinely mourn Mohbad but refuse to join the herd to link his death to Naira Marley.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All man to his opinion...there's a saying that says and i quote...Who no dey when em bury person, if you ask him to exhume the dead body, such a person starts from the head....the quoted writer above gave an opinion in a sane world, where both the Loan company and the borrower keep to each others terms...
I hope your conscience will still allow you to keep defending Naira, when you find that the Loan Shark company, compels his borrowers to join his Cult by making a blood covenant, to be loyal to him for eternity, pedal drugs for him, become his house boy, cook, wash and serve him, while smiling and granting interview, praising him to make him look like he best loan company in the world....
Do you think Naira doesn't know he could fight Mohbad legally, but my dear, this beyond legal, this is pure spiritual exposure...compare this story to someone who escapes from an occultic initiation ground and what happens to the person there after...
Just recently, Harry-song pulled out from five Star Music, who picked him from his under the bridge settlement, in return, Five Star Music Boss, Emoney, got his lawyers involved, HarrSong was arrested and his signed an undertaken to see out his contract with Five Star Music...at the end of his contract, they all went separate ways, today, they're both doing well...I remember then, Harry-Song had accused Kcee, Emoney's brother of taking his songs and yet, his boss blame him for not doing enough....
So my dear, get your facts right!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Lucasinho(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:
RIP Mohbad. But can someone explain to me why people protest a celebrity's death but cannot do same for bad governance. No be JUJU be dat?

Fuel went from N195 to N617. No one came out. The elections were rigged and made every single one of us look like fools. Nobody came out still. grin grin grin

We are waiting for you

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Iretii0511(m): 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

Because it will be turned to a tribal war. That’s how divided we are as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by SAMBARRY: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:
Mohbad is dead and he went to the grave on his family's approval but was brought back for autopsy due to public interest.

It is okay to mourn the early demise of the short-lived popstar but I stand with Naira Marley in all of this.

I stand with Naira Marley as a capitalist believer. Zinolesky, Mohbad, Kizz Daniel, Ayra Starr, Rema, Asake, Fireboy, Khaid are not musical stars just because they are talented. In fact, being a popular musical star has nothing to do with knowing how to sing or one's dexterity with musical instruments.

They're musical stars because someone took a loan from the bank or lenders and invested tens of millions of Naira or even dollars to put them in your faces until you accept them as stars by force. Everyone blames the record label bosses because they're not the main actors who perform on stage.

An idea is worth nothing without the resources to amplify it. In tech, angel investors and venture capitalists take the lion's share leaving founders with the bulk of the burden. In sports, agents like Mendes take their big cut. If it was easy, Mbappe would just wake up and leave PSG for Madrid. Why is it always different in the music business?

Defend the deceased as much as you like but the fact remains that nobody on the face of the earth forced him to sign the deal with Marlian records. When you sign an agreement, fortunately, one that brings fame and money to you, the least you can do is honour it.

If Loan Apps in Nigeria, like Palmpay, that have foreign investors and major corporate personnel have resorted to blackmailing the families of loan defaulters and even crashing events to disgrace and arrest their debtors what do you think street boys who hustled all their lives will do if a fellow ghetto nobody they lifted out of poverty plays ping pong with their millions worth of investment?

I unequivocally condemn the mode of debt recovery above as I only used that real-life scenario to point out the fact that Mohbad was Naira Marley's debtor until he died. The Courtroom or Arbitration house remains the best destination for dispute settlement.

However it must be stated that Mohbad's tragedy and Naira Marley's cancellation is like a loan app debtor committing suicide because the loan sharks blackmailed him to his family, friends, and colleagues. Naira Marley is simply that loan shark whose chronic debtor is involved in a fatal accident while trying to avoid the loan shark's constant harassment. Nobody blames the dead debtor but everyone blames the loan shark who had once given the debtor money and hope even though the debtor failed to keep his own part of the bargain.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family in their period of grief. I genuinely mourn Mohbad but refuse to join the herd to link his death to Naira Marley.
ok so beating the debtor anywhere the loan shark jam am, trying to force him into occultism,juju and drug trafficking Will make him satisfy all of Nairamarleys conditions? Shebi mohbad has died Na.make nairamarley follow am go collect him money

I don't know why Human beings are so cold hearted when it comes to money.no more humanity.

Btw have you seen zino and the rest of the boys with nairamarley record label? They look so skinny and malnourished,one has already ran mad,he don go carry problem give him mama,the other one don get paralysis. As all their lives don spoil how he wan take collect him money?

Again you claimed nobody forced mohbad but he took advantage of his immaturity, vulnerability and naievity.he fit do am to portable?

3 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by AllLovingGod: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
Always yarning dust. Your shame dey shame me sef, SMH
N3TRAL:

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Mozegee: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
kissYou got it right
festacman:
Imole shining even from the great beyond.

On the flip side, I think one of Mohbad's problems was that he was too simplistic about life and hustles. He wasn't that deep and like his name Imole, his heart had more lighted side than dark side. He came from the street due to the marital situation of his parents but he didn't belong in the street. The street is mean. The street is a jungle. The street is full of dark-hearted people. His father who raised him in the absence of his separated mother appear to have non self-assertive and tame personality. It looks obvious that Mohbad got these soft characteristics as well as his singing talent from him.

Unfortunately, Naira Marley drew a battle line and clearly communicated that to Mohbad but he didn't respond with the required sense of street apprehensiveness. He didn't seem to have taken the critical measures needed to protect himself out there in the street. He failed to apply the wisdom that the person who is pursued by or surrounded by enemies engages in eternal vigilance. He needed a strong spiritual cover and should have used his 'absent' mother as mothers could go long distant spiritual journeys to protect their children like mother-hen.

From videos on the SM, you could see a simple human being who just wanted to sing and be happy but unfortunately the world is a lot more complicated than simplistic. And it is even worse when you encounter a narcistic and dark-hearted fellow who has a long history of gangsterism from Peckam street of London.

May his gentle Soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by blackmantis: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hmm

You registered today and started begging.

Continue

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by achimendy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

My brother the thing tire me o.
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
festacman:

On the flip side, I think one of Mohbad's problems was that he was too simplistic about life and hustles. He wasn't that deep and like his name Imole, his heart had more lighted side than dark side. He came from the street due to the marital situation of his parents but he didn't belong in the street. The street is mean. The street is a jungle. The street is full of dark-hearted people. His father who raised him in the absence of his separated mother appear to have non self-assertive and tame personality. It looks obvious that Mohbad got these soft characteristics as well as his singing talent from him.

Unfortunately, Naira Marley drew a battle line and clearly communicated that to Mohbad but he didn't respond with the required sense of street apprehensiveness. He didn't seem to have taken the critical measures needed to protect himself out there in the street. He failed to apply the wisdom that the person who is pursued by or surrounded by enemies engages in eternal vigilance. He needed a strong spiritual cover and should have used his 'absent' mother as mothers could go long distant spiritual journeys to protect their children like mother-hen.

From videos on the SM, you could see a simple human being who just wanted to sing and be happy but unfortunately the world is a lot more complicated than simplistic. And it is even worse when you encounter a narcistic and dark-hearted fellow who has a long history of gangsterism from Peckam street of London.

Dey play.

Those Grammies, you think say na hard work make Naija guys win?

It's all symbolism.

That guy was a sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by IjebuWarrior: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:

Baba, you're MADDD !!!

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

If you lead the protest, people will follow you na. Abi you're afraid of leading the protest?
Go on bro, I dey ur back! 😎

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by TheSuperX(m): 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Why all the publicity now? if he had gotten all the love and publicly he's getting now when he was alive, it would have been better.
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by kindy51(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
All this paid content writers self undecided
N3TRAL:

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Badassniggga(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nazgul:
This mohbad's death reminds me of Dagrin. May we not blow when we die. May we be alive to see and enjoy our success in Jesus name.
lol no comparison with Dagrins case at all. Dagrin blow Wella before his death that Olamide was in his shadows back then and yet to gain limelight.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by nairayouthcom(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:

You be werey iSwear grin
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by MisfitHPG: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
koladata:
No mind the weyrey , they paid him, i didn't even read the nonsense epistle he wrote, you can never see any normal human being write that long story on issues like this except he's being paid.

some people no get self worth na. i've been seeing many paid PR for naira on many forum , you will see them fighting hard to defend the God forsaken human being. You need to watch the video about one dj splash and how iyabo ojo had to intervein. Naira had already reck the guy's life. The naira guy is a strong occultic human being o. and one mumu is here defending him untop how much . people no get self worth i swear

omo...how would one sell his conscience for how much?I will look for the video...how can one even defend Naira Marley in this?

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
I had to take out time and go listen to his music. Surprisingly, two of his songs are music I had listened to in the past, Rip Imole, too bad that he was cut off at such a young age. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Mudia38: 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

the
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Mudia38: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
FactBoyz:

the pain Tinubu and his political group have unleashed on Nigerians is worst than Ukraine and Russia war.

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by twilliamx(m): 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
There's a deeper undertone to the death of this boy. He was an industry sacrifice. Something big is about to happen..... Ogberi can not understand

2 Likes

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by KillahPriest: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:

na so craze dey start smiley

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by ChristianMuslim: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Micheal Jackson, Fela , Bob Marley, Lucky dube death no loud reach mohbad.. I swear

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by SultanOfPuna: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
N3TRAL:

Jesus Christ!!!!!
This guy is too freaking smart. God bless your soul for this eye opening information
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by VULCAN(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's irrelevant whether you join "the herd" as you put it.

The herd as you so derogatively refer to are the people who are reacting to his death. They are blaming Naira Marley because Mohbad himself first said so in his petition to the police that Naira and Sam Larry should be held responsible for his death.

How you can ignore that shows how dark your heart is.

Also the fact that many in the industry have come out to point fingers at Naira is much more important than the jargons you wrote about capitalism.

Something which you have experienced from a prism of poverty.

Everything you wrote about capitalism would make a hedge fund owner laugh at your ignorance.

To think that money is more important than the right idea is a belief that betrays your poverty mindset.

Wealthy investors globally are hunting for the Next Big Idea. They have billions of dollars but not enough places to put it that is likely to bring growth.

From nowhere 3 yrs ago, AI has become the investors delight. Billions of dollars have moved into AI companies within 9 months just because of chatGPT.

I know you are unable to believe that.

I understand.

You have never had access to people who have more money than they know what to do with.

Even the examples you gave were based on ignorance.

Elon Musk, The Google Guys, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and others are in control of their companies despite taking on investments worth hundreds of millions BEFORE going public.

All you have done in your write up is reveal a poverty mindset and a carnivorous attitude towards any who would come to you for investment.

You are precisely the reason why many entrepreneurs in Nigeria shun Nigerian investors.

Because many have your evil winner takes all mindset.

I pray you never get to the point where you have so much money that you will be looking for people to prey on.

You have little now but you are looking forward to the day when you will offer someone N3m for 80% of their company.

Wicked fellow!!

N3TRAL:

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by TakeNigeriaBack: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nigerians are wicked. When he was alive they didn't care about him. Now, that he's dead, they're caring. A dead man knows nothing, sees nothing, feels nothing. He's gone!

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by N3TRAL: 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
VULCAN:
It's irrelevant whether you join "the herd" as you put it.

The herd as you so derogatively refer to the people who are reacting to his death are blaming Naira Marley because Mohbad himself first said so in his petition to the police that Naira and Sam Larry should be held responsible for his death.

How you can ignore that shows how dark your heart is.

Also the fact that many in the industry have come out to point fingers at Naira is much more important than the jargons you wrote about capitalism.

Something which you have experienced from a prism of poverty.

Everything you wrote about capitalism would make a hedge fund owner laugh at your ignorance.

To think that money is more important than the right idea is a belief that betrays your poverty mindset.

Wealthy investors globally are hunting for the Next Big Idea. They have billions of dollars but not enough places to put it that is likely to bring growth.

From nowhere 3 yes ago, AI has become the investors delight. Billions of dollars have moved into AI companies within 9 months just because of chatGPT.

I know you are unable to believe that.

I understand.

You have never had access to people who have more money than they know what to do with.

Even the examples you gave were based on ignorance.

Elon Musk, The Google Guys, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and others are in control of their companies despite taking on investments worth hundreds of millions BEFORE going public.

All you have done in your write up is reveal a poverty mindset and a carnivorous attitude towards any who would come to you for investment.

You are precisely the reason why many entrepreneurs in Nigeria shun Nigerian investors.

Because many have your evil winner takes all mindset.

I pray you never get to the point where you have so much money that you will be looking for people to prey on.

You have little now but you are looking forward to the day when you will offer someone N3m for 80% of their company.

Wicked fellow!!

Argumentum ad hominem.

Attack the message next time.
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by Ken4agent(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
festacman:

On the flip side, I think one of Mohbad's problems was that he was too simplistic about life and hustles. He wasn't that deep and like his name Imole, his heart had more lighted side than dark side. He came from the street due to the marital situation of his parents but he didn't belong to the street. The street is mean. The street is a jungle. The street is full of dark-hearted people. His father who raised him in the absence of his separated mother appear to have non self-assertive and tame personality. It looks obvious that Mohbad got these soft characteristics as well as his singing talent from him.

Yu just said it all.....he rather had a kind heart with no street orientation....i learn a lot from his odeals .........RIP Legend

1 Like

Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by ericmor: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
Smitaro100:

You go explain tire, no evidence.. undecided

the marlians can provide that because there is nothing impossible in Nigeria anymore, especially if you have the money to pay the police and you are one of the government tools
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by ericmor: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
MisfitHPG:
omo...how would one sell his conscience for how much?I will look for the video...how can one even defend Naira Marley in this?

expect more of that, they have been paid and is time to work
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
englishmart:
Celebrities are under too much pressure. I’m speaking from experience. The kind of pressure I face daily, sometimes I wish I were some street urchin
Who u be? grin
Re: Mohbad Appears On New York Times Square’s Billboard (Video) by BlissGod: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
englishmart:
Celebrities are under too much pressure. I’m speaking from experience. The kind of pressure I face daily, sometimes I wish I were some street urchin

What is your celebs name? Hope you have a good life. We wey no be celeb Dey feel pressure na una wey people dey shook face for Wetin no concern them.
Anyway, do giveaway for me ooo.. street is rough may God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sharon Adeleke Ademefun's Baby Shower In America (Photos) / Governor Diri Removes BBNaija's Nengi As Face Of Bayelsa Girl Child / Destiny Etiko Rocks Bum Shots And Plunging Black Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.