Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? (21100 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Anything I want

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Chetas81(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.
powerhorse, from Lagos to Abuja no sleep
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by kuntash: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.

Not taking anything worked for me those days while in school .

So many advantages of owning your ride indeed

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Pooly: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
me i dey first chop one better eba and egusi soup for park before motor take off.
And if shit hold me inside bus na to tell driver make him park make i enter bush do my thing

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ednut1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Garri and groundnut 🙄

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by mukthar2000(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Preferable water, and hardly close eyes to sleep when travelling.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by kokorokoman: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.
I normally do not eat before travelling and I also do not buy food along the way.
Just water and smoke.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Angelfrost(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Total abstinence from food... I nor dey risk am!

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by happney65: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Urine. undecided
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I've never heard a situation whereby someone could not be assisted by the hospital simply because he or she didn't eat anything...
My concern is a nurse injecting the patient assuming that he has eaten. Trust me, if it is those strong drug that is not administered unless one has eaten, that patient will not wake up. It is a death sentence.
Samantha124:
And in some hospitals, patients are given treatment as early as 6am before their breakfast.
Drugs requirements differ; some require meal before ingestion, while others do not. In fact, eating before taking certain drugs is discouraged. Some physicians may opt to delay the drug's administration for a certain period.
Samantha124:
I've drank pills in an empty stomach before and nothing happened... For example, yesterday I was feeling very sick and I didn't have an appetite... I didn't eat anything for the whole day, but I took my treatment and nothing happened.
See eehh, If you take a medication that requires food on an empty stomach and didn't experience any adverse effects, it doesn't necessarily mean that nothing happened. It's possible that you simply haven't noticed any immediate or significant effects. Give it time.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by wittywriter: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Haven't travelled by road for years ...but way back before becoming a remote worker ill just stock up with bread, tea and bama then buy what catches my fancy or interest as we journey...

Wittyness
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by kaludestiny10(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
I always travel on empty stomach, then I get soft drink, fruits and bottle water as the journey progresses.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by greggng: 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
7buckz:
Codeine so I sleep all through the journey 🤐😴

GOD FORBID ACCIDENT OCCUR .YOU HO JUST FOLLOW COLOS GO.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by aprokopaydotng: 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
Plantain chips only...
And I must have a bottle of water; take 1 small sip at a time.

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by shereef19: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Bauchi to Lagos one day I use to have 3 thing with me
Bottle water
Energy drink
One bottle of x1

I only stop to buy fuel

When am tasty bottle water
When am sleepy energy drink
When am tired x1

If ur head no carry no try it
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Ikpunnegi01: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Oats and water!
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by flokii: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
What do I eat sef.. let's see. I take bread or rice (not the regular quantity I'd take). Just something to shock the stomach, and I don't take much water or anything tea to avoid frequent urge to ease oneself on the way.
By the time we leave Lagos at 6:45 am, you're still good till evening.. at Lokoja, approaching Abuja (like another 4 hours), I can now eat moderate food or maybe snacks. Then when we enter Abuja, gbogbo aye. I'd be like.. give me food, I just want to eat food.

Note, It's good to have pills for stomach upset e.g. flagyl or diastop and small bottle of water to swallow your pill without delay when need arises.
Thank God for HIS mercies all those years.. accidents here and there, kidnappings, highway robberies etc. but man still dey. Now it's more of 45 - 50 mins cruising in the skies.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AfonjaConehead: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't usually take anything but maybe a little water.
I always like the front seat where I can stretch my legs very well and enjoy the ride and sights,which are more than enough thrill for me.
I don't have to worry about pee cos there's always a stopover garage or filling station or eatery along the highway so everyone can ease off however they wanna...
If ye be travelling in an AC ride, avoid sodas,I mean real gas sodas due to the possible presence of carbon dioxide within the bus..the soda can trigger shortness of breath o...if that ever happens to ya, quickly wind down the glass and you will be instantly fine.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Yankee101: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2023
No chip Wetin fit turn belle if you wan travel long journey
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
I wat my normal rice or swallow and drink water, dazzol. I travel alot, I've never had stomach disorder on transit but once. I always have flagyl In my travel kit
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by scholes23(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
Banana and viju milk
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AfonjaConehead: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.

Hey ya mmmmwwwwwaaaahhhh
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Dancebreaker: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
This becomes a problem when someone is involved in an accident, rendered unconscious, and then rushed to a hospital where a nurse administers treatment thinking the person has eaten cry cry cry cry cry
But if the person needs an urgent surgical procedure, empty stomach is an advantage.
If unconscious, medication administration will be by IV.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by King3urna(m): 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
Cologs
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by pocohantas(f): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nonexisting1:
If it was when I believed in love, I would have sent you PM by now but my case is beyond repair. Me and love now are running parallel government and are like water and oil, can't mix anymore. Good luck and no more trolling you here because you have proven to be of different breed.

If I got a dollar for the number of times you have reminded us of this on Nairaland, I would be a millionaire by now. I wonder why you see the need to every single time. No one cares dude and no lady is missing out by not dating you.

Heck!! grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Yankee101: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Eat from home
Take legal snack along ( no bush meat etc)
Airport food is too expensive

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by grandstar(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have only been so pressed once in my life in a bus and that's when I had watery poo. This was during my NYSC.

I was shouting in pidgin "I wan shit, I wan shot". A whole luxurious bus stopped for night. Coming from Jos to Lagos

I was posted to Bauchi.

Most often, its when other passengers get down to do their business is when I do mine. I only wee.

I buy everything along the road especially fresh bread and boiled eggs. I overindulge myself whenever I travel.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Orderabove(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
bread and suya.

shit no go gree come
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
I travel often, so I don't take anything special, if I started the journey very early in the morning, I may even start it on an empty stomach and eat bread on transit or I will take whatever is at my disposal at home i.e anything I see.

My longest trip was a trip that took close to 24 hours.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by akinade28(f): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have motion sickness when I embark on long journeys. To avoid that, I eat nothing and get soft drinks to sip throughout the journey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy / UK Deports 83 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.