Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? (2017 Views)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. / Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by sarmy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Is every passage in the bible 100% spoken word of God

Is there some verses not 100% word of God

Why can't our church leaders & most xtains keep all the intructions in the bible if they are 100% word of God 

If some verses of the bible are not 100% word of God, how do we differenciate them, why are some xtains equating bible as God

Can we proof that every single verse of the bible is direct word of God.

Pls my intention is to know more about the bible not to downgrade it. A lot of passages in the bible are highly inspirational. Thanks
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
The entire words in the bible are definitely not the word of God. The bible is a compilation of books . Which contains the word of God, words of men, words of angels ,words of Satan and words of demons . but what we have documented in the bible were documented by Gods inspiration. Even though not everything documented were spoken by God.

But the word of God for the christian is anything; words ,thoughs ,ideas that is consistent with Gods plan and purpose for us in christ Jesus. That is Gods word to us. "I am legion , for we are many" is definitely not Gods word for us. Even though it's documented in the bible.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^

Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
sarmy:

Why can't our church leaders & most xtains keep all the intructions in the bible if they are 100% word of God 

If some verses of the bible are not 100% word of God, how do we differenciate them, why are some xtains equating bible as God

Pls my intention is to know more about the bible not to downgrade it. A lot passages in the bible are highly inspirational. Thanks

"All Scripture is inspired by God [/b]and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." - 2 Timothy 3:16

[b]2 Peter 1:20
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation.
2 Peter 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Ignore Joagbaje , he is a FALSE PROPHET !!
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^

Childishness , Cant you make a contribution without attacking joagbaje
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by mabell: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
@froebel
I don't think joagbaje is wrong
Not every word in the bible is spoken of God, some are documentations
For example, when Satan spoke, was it the voice of God or are you now saying God speaks through Satan?
When demons speak, they are only documented but they are not Gods word
It's common knowledge frosbel
Even animals spoke in the bible days
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Azibalua(f): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
Numbers 22:28-30
28 Then the Lord caused the donkey to speak! "What have I done that deserves your beating me these three times?" she asked.
29 "Because you have made me look like a fool!" Balaam shouted. "I wish I had a sword with me, for I would kill you."
30 "Have I ever done anything like this before in my entire life?" the donkey asked.
"No," he admitted.

Who is talking here?
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
This is what a thoughtful writer wrote:

"Never compare this Book with other books.  Comparisons are dangerous.  Never think or never say that this Book just contains the Word of God.  It is the Word of God.  Supernatural in origin, eternal in duration, inexpressible in value, infinite in scope, regenerating in Power, infallible in authority, universal in interest, personal in application and inspired in totality.  Read it through.  Write it down.  Pray it in.  Work it out.  And then pass it on." -- Author unknown
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
Azibalua:

Numbers 22:28-30
28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the [b]Bottom
, .[/b]

Who is talking here?

Bottom grin.  =A S S. (donkey)  Na wah for Nairaland . The thing is changing ypthe words of the bible. A S S (donkey) is changed to bottom!
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Mabel

mabell:

@froebel
I don't think joagbaje is wrong
Not every word in the bible is spoken of God, some are documentations
For example, when Satan spoke, was it the voice of God or are you now saying God speaks through Satan?
When demons speak, they are only documented but they are not Gods word
It's common knowledge frosbel
Even animals spoke in the bible days

Mabel are you using an iPad?
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by mabell: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

Bottom grin.  =A S S. (donkey)  Na wah for Nairaland . The thing is changing ypthe words of the bible. A S S (donkey) is changed to bottom!

Serious!!!?! shocked smiley
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by mabell: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Mabel

Mabel are you using an iPad?
Yes, how do you know?!
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2011
I'm a prophet grin.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
When I type Frosbel with an apple device it used to come out as "Froebel"

Even apple dey reject his name grin .
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by mabell: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
I hope God has not rejected him
grin cheesy wink wink smiley
Just joking
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by ichuka(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
"The Words which i have spoken to you are spirit"jhn6:63,Men were inspired/spoken to by the Holy Spirit to write every single word in the Bible,they never wrote any words by themselves,they were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write even word in the Bible,wether they wrote about  Satan and a speaking dog/donkey it is still Gods word,God told them to write it because its His word.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
They are reported speech.I understand your point. But one should not take it for granted and start acting on every words written. For example Solomon wrote some things in his backsliden state which are inconsistent with truth. Someone my read such and act on them as the word of God. That's why it has to be clear . Who said what.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
I am shocked and worried for your sheep.

Are you more spiritual than apostle Paul who made the statement below  :

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." - 2 Timothy 3:16
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
I'm rather worried for you who has no shepherd. grin. I think you should be more concerned about that.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by sarmy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
i.chuka:

"The Words which i have spoken to you are spirit"jhn6:63,Men were inspired/spoken to by the Holy Spirit to write every single word in the Bible,they never wrote any words by themselves,they were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write even word in the Bible,wether they wrote about  Satan and a speaking dog/donkey it is still Gods word,God told them to write it because its His word.

There are some passages in Paul's epistles where he specifically stated what he said was personal opinion not direct instruction from God

So there could be hundreds of such in the bible, written based on the writers perspective at that point in time, some were written based on 3rd party narrations of events, do we consider all of them as direct word of God.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by sarmy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

The entire words in the bible are definitely not the word of God. The bible is a compilation of books . Which contains the word of God, words of men, words of angels ,words of Satan and words of demons . but what we have documented in the bible were documented by Gods inspiration. Even though not everything documented were spoken by God.

But the word of God for the christian is anything; words ,thoughs ,ideas that is consistent with Gods plan and purpose for us in christ Jesus. That is Gods word to us. "I am legion , for we are many" is definitely Gods word for us. En though it's documented in the bible.

I want to agree with you on this, word of God can come from anywhere, bible, thoughts, ideas, etc

It should be consistent with God's plan & purpose for us in Christ

Question: What do you do if you read a passage from the bible and think it's not in consistent with how you percieve the plan and purpose of God for your life.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2011
sarmy:

There are some passages in Paul's epistles where he specifically stated what he said was personal opinion not direct instruction from God

So there could be hundreds of such in the bible, written based on the writers perspective at that point in time, some were written based on 3rd party narrations of events, do we consider all of them as direct word of God.

You are right. There are places where paul wrote as directed of God , there are places where he gave personal opinion. And he was humble enough to say these are not christ words but his own opinion.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by jayriginal: 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
There has been debate on only one of the posters questions. Personally, I am interested in the rest, so I'll just highlight the other questions that need answering

sarmy:

1) Why can't our church leaders & most xtains keep all the intructions in the bible if they are 100% word of God 

2) If some verses of the bible are not 100% word of God, how do we differenciate them, why are some xtains equating bible as God

Any volunteers ?
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Image123(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

But the word of God for the christian is anything; words ,thoughs ,ideas that is consistent with Gods plan and purpose for us in christ Jesus. That is Gods word to us. "I am legion , for we are many" is DEFINITELY Gods word for us. En though it's documented in the bible.

i hope the bolded is a mistake?
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by ichuka(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
I am Crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live;yet not I,but Christ liveth in Me:the live which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, Gala;2:20.
Paul have no personal opinion or thoughts of His own,whatsoever He says or do personally is the opinion and thoughts of Christ.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2011
Image123:

i hope the bolded is a mistake?

Yes it was a mistake thanks sir.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2011
sarmy:

No
Yes

The more a man walks with Gods spirit ,the more the character of God is manifested in him. Besides Christianity is not about following instructions. It's by receiving a new nature and allowing that new life to flow through you.

The bible contains several messages for several people.Jews ,Gentiles and  Some for christian . It is not every message in the bible that is Word of God to us Christians. "an eye for an eye" was for the Jews. And certainly not for us.

Gods word to us today are things that has to do with Gods plan and pursope for us in christ.

The bible itself was compiled by men. God inspired men to write books. Other people compiled these books which were in scrolls into one book called the bible. Originally the old testament books were the scriptures. But church fathers added the teachings of christ and the apostles to it also for our benefit.
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Azibalua(f): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

Very true I kept on editing till I just got tired and got the living bible translation!
grin grin grin
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 7:15am On Oct 20, 2011
^^^
I can see you finally had your way round it by dumping king James . A S S which Nairaland turned to bottom and using donkey. grin
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Azibalua(f): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^
I can see you finally had your way round it by dumping king James . A S S which Nairaland turned to bottom and using donkey. grin

But how did they do it,is it in their programme to delete the word and then replace with another?
I wonder what other word this happens to?
Re: Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same? by Joagbaje(m): 7:27am On Oct 20, 2011
It has to be looked into. How can system be changing bible? For example if you quote a verse that says "prost-itute" It will change it. Let me quote one and see what comes out.

Leviticus 19:29
29 Do not LovePeddler thy daughter, to cause her to be a LovePeddler; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

You see it has changed the translation. It's no longer king James but king Nairaland translation. . cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! Season's Greetings Wallpaper / Deaf Muslim Healed In Jesus Name. (See video) / "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.