Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To (214 Views)

Please Advice My Inverter 3000watt Has Damaged Two 13amp Power Guard / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Showing A Spanner Icon. / SOLD SOLD Gaming Laptop With 8GB Nvidia GTX 1070(turns On But Does Not Display) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To by XPaul: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hi all,

I have an inverter system (without solar) made up of the 2 220v batteries and Lumous inverter. I charge it from the power supply and it used to last for more than 24 hours when I use it for my internet stuff and charging laptop.

However, there was a time I didn't have light for 3 days and I exhausted the juice in the battery. After that time, I saw a message on my inverter "Cbl" and since then, my inverter does not last more than 2hours.

Who has experienced this and how can I resolve this.
Re: Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To by Hero2t: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
What is your battery chemistry? AGM, Gel or tubular?

How old are the batteries? Did you buy them brand new?

When you have resolved the issue, please never discharge lead acid batteries below 50% of capacity. It shortens the lifespan.
Re: Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To by XPaul: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2023
Thank you for your response.

I bought them second hand last year Nov. Seller said they were 4months used as at that time.

Battery chemistry is Tubular. I have attached an image of my battery

Hero2t:
What is your battery chemistry? AGM, Gel or tubular?

How old are the batteries? Did you buy them brand new?

When you have resolved the issue, please never discharge lead acid batteries below 50% of capacity. It shortens the lifespan.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Inverter Does Not Last Long As It Use To by CooldipoMPS: 6:23am On Sep 28, 2023
Sorry about your ordeal but I will want you to consider it an experience you can learn one thing or two from. Never expect too much from a fairly used lead-acid battery. I would have said never buy a used battery but I know that cannot be possible for various reasons. Lead acid battery is a time-tested technology and has paid its dues but I cannot recommend it for anyone for some of these reasons. First is the fact that you must not discharge your battery less than 50% of its rated capacity, it is pretty bulky, some require routine maintenance, and the chief of them all is the low recharge cycle. I had a similar experience to yours where my new battery died within its first 6 months. It was from then on that I learned my lesson and research about lithium ion and lithium iron phosphate batteries, which has become business for me to date.

There are some options to try out to salvage the situation, if your setup is a 24v, consider going for 12v with any of the two batteries that is better than the other and add solar this time. That can at least guarantee you some decent power during the working/sunshine hours of the day. If none of that works well for you then let me recommend my product; a range of laptop powerbank and inverters; you can see the attached picture or search for Cooldipo Laptop powerbank, MPS 2 Pro with its adapter can power a 65watt laptop for 24 hours straight!

(1) (Reply)

8gb/500gb Dell Latitude 3340 Laptop For Sale / 2022 S97 Obstacle Avoidance Drone For Sale - 45k / Oraimo Freepods Pro @30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.