Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) (42318 Views)

Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) / Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Cromagnon: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Adabestseason:
Very clear demonstration of average nigerian leaders the VC did almost all his postgraduate programmes at ahmadu,the VC is a typical political professor we have all over the country,only their children should have the right to education
will their children not Pay the Same fees?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by kunlegboye(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigerians can pay exorbitantly high school fees in abroad but don't like to do same in their own country.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by bonnyhope: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2023
deewhydoski:

For your information, all my siblings are graduate and I have done my best for them. If any of them want to further he/she will sponsor his/her self.

For my children, don't worry they aren't going to be train in Nigeria

Congrats
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ambale(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Probably it would...but at the end, it won';t pay for everything.

Fees we think are high in Nigeria are chicken feed elsewhere. Yet we want our universites to be like foreign universites on fees that are chicken feed.

You just getting my point, to have a conducive learning environment with world class facilities no be moimoi ooo

And 400k tuition obviously will not do much, these lecturers are totally outdated, rigid, sadist and all

What would change that?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by InvertedHammer: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2023
/
Nigeria don set.

Campaign is over.

Time to live in reality of their choices.

/
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by dallyemmy: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:

If he had not saved enough for his Doctorate from working with his Bachelors and Masters degrees certificates and still earning, then he has no business doing a PhD now.

Someone I know told me to help him with his PhD fees, someone who has not even earned one kobo from the Masters he has already done, I told him to go first earn with the Masters he has as I am also earning my daily bread with my own Masters.
He probably had tried to earn a living with the master but didn't work out and now hoping he might get an offer with the PhD.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
emapeteum:

So the UK citizens are paying the amount you quoted here? What is the earning power of Nigerians compared to those in the UK?
You simply quote fees paid by international students in the UK without proper research on your part just to justify the suffering Nigerians are going through at the hands of the so-called democratic government

And then people like you will come and wish our schools were like schools in the UK, without asking how they can afford such schools...its the high fees and taxes they pay that provides them with the cash they use to build them schools.

Also, most students in the UK....take loans to pay their fees. (Or in some instances, their parents open a school account for them...when they are toddlers.). It's not like they can afford the fees.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
Adabestseason:
Very clear demonstration of average nigerian leaders the VC did almost all his postgraduate programmes at ahmadu,the VC is a typical political professor we have all over the country,only their children should have the right to education

So what do you want the man to do?

His predecessor once made a speech in 2018 where he stated that government gives him one fifth of the funds he needs for overheads for that same university. And where he go find the money? And am sure the current incumbent is having the same issues.

Cost of things have gone up. And the man has to find money now. Government won't provide supplemetary budget...fee increase is all that is left.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by nairalanda1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
iampeterben:

It's only electricity bill all of you know. UNILAG lecturer has put it in you people's head. Government is just enriching their pockets nothing more. Think use your head and think.

It's because you have never visited ABU, that you don't know the school's running cost.

The place is large. It covers two campuses, and several satellite schools. It has a large teaching hospital, and a lot of hostels. As well as a lot of businesses . All of them cost money. grin
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by MRSALT: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
[quote author=Emir8 post=126026109]I'm in faculty of education. I paid 122, 000 naira for school fees and 33, 000 for miscellaneous charges last session for PhD program. That is 155,000 in total. Now I will have to pay 409, 625. I'm really depressed. This is too much. [/quote
Who did you vote for during the last presidential election?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Ashawoman82: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
Lol, all this schools now will lower Thier standards for post graduate programmes now, third class can easily do masters in top courses...just watch and see..
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Fearyourcreator: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
Tonnierichy:

They are all clowns
It is well ...
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
gidjah:
I am a stake hokder in education and can tell you students fees has a lot to do with upgrade of such school. The Govt releases funds ,yea right , but who are those managing the funds , who are the supervisors ?? Who elected the VC and d likes into power ??Once these listed are if questionable character ,it won end well.it all boils down to leadership from above down the slope.the private institutions who are doing superb like RCCG,WINNERS CU perform well majorly because the leadership are sound and loyal to the True cause Thier system represent. The CU mgt might not be super dooper but it has a high score on its score card and same goes
the Redeemers Uni. LEADERSHIP IS EVERYTHING.EVERYTHING RISES AND FALLS ON LEADERSHIP. We can begin to play our parts well as individuals,then we sail higher..
When you started talking about government funds to universities and mismanagement I was Keen to see you view only for you to swerve to CU and Redeemed universities. You are still mixing things up!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by gidjah(m): 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
How sir?, May be you haven't comprehended my opininion yet, what I am giving as my own take is this ;CU,RCCG SCHOOLS are able to fare well majorly because they are under good management and boards. BUT CAN WE SAY SAME FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS?why do our leaders get to such offices only to loot the system and run down the effective sysytems they are supposed to build? I say once again, unless we start dealing with out election processes and getting them well sanctified, we will keep having faulty institutions. So you for instance know in a sane system, OUR PRES BAT is supposed to publish publicly his school certs ?just behold how we are been played around like toddlers by the same people we elected to help clean the system
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

When you started talking about government funds to universities and mismanagement I was Keen to see you view only for you to swerve to CU and Redeemed universities. You are still mixing things up!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Oyerinde16(m): 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
Masters program #559,999

Hope once I pay na to print certificate gimme...
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Tonytonex(m): 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
kingi777:
It's truly unfortunate for students that cannot affrd the school fees but in earnest, ABU is considerate here considering the cost of running the University eg payment of electricity bill etc.
were they not paying those bills before? Whose fault is it?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
Truth is that N409, 625 for fees is not much for a PhD program. Me whey go Kenya go do another 3 years bachelors degree, I was hustling and paying an equivalent of $540 per trimester as at 2017 and we had 3 trimesters in a year.......My UK one year Masters no be £13,700 I pay?
So the facilities you enjoy in UK university are also there in ABU?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
Pacesetter123:

So the facilities you enjoy in UK university are also there in ABU?

Paying less that £350 as tuition fees for the facilities obtainable in ABU and facilities obtainable in the UK, a foreign student would pay about £18,000 as tuition fees....they are world apart.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Realist777:

There was this time we were locked outside our room for using two hot plates simultaneously. As the leader in the room, I decided to go speak with the hostel administrative head. ( ABU lecturers respect leadership eh)
On getting to his office, he sat me down and started telling me how much the school pays for electricity monthly and how the bill was growing crazily as a result of the excessive use of hot plate. He said at time they did pay more than N100 million in a month, then I realized that running a university is not a child's play
So other presidents that run the universities successfully without creating unnecessary financial burden on the poor masses weren't humans?
Must BAT make fee increament his pet project?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Pacesetter123(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:

Paying less that £350 as tuition fees for the facilities obtainable in ABU and facilities obtainable in the UK, a foreign student would pay about £18,000 as tuition fees....they are world apart.
But you were drawing comparison with the fee to justify the fee increament in ABU.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by Zupay: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Pacesetter123:

But you were drawing comparison with the fee to justify the fee increament in ABU.

The increased amount is still damn cheap by African standards, what one person would pay to do a PhD in Kenya can cover the fees of 5 PhD students in ABU.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by uzomalahot: 12:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by alezzy13: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2023
A PhD fees under half a million Naira?? Let's be honest, it's quite underpriced.

Truth is govt has no business subsidizing such programs. If one is lucky to get scholarship or funding, then fine. But as far I'm concerned, such programs should reflect actual market prices
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) by pristinee: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University / I Killed This Rat In My Hostel In LAUTECH (Photos) / My Testimony: As A Graduate Of Anambra State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.