Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University (42172 Views)

Team Oau Leaves Golden Benchmark At Bowen University / The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) / Counter Topic: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
I got admission at bowen university in 2012, the joy and anxiety was still there and all that. I was warned that I won't like the school that they are too strict but I stubbornly refused to listen,thinking I would survive anything.

I was disappointed when I discovered this things about Bowen university. Luckily I got admitted into ui and ran for my dear life.

1)Religion is more important than education. Every students must attend chapel service every Tuesday,Thursday,and twice on Sunday at specific times, and its compulsory for all students regardless of your religion.
If you try to skip any chapel service,you would be suspended for a semester.

2)Your dress style is more important than your character.
-You can't wear jeans
-You can't wear 3/4 trousers
-You can't keep afro hair style
-You can't use handband
-You must be in complete shirt and tie and plain trousers to class

3)You can't decide when to eat.
There is a food time table for all students,if u miss morning food time table,no food for you in the morning again because all cafetarials would close when its past the time for eating. Same with afternoon and night food.

4)You can't stay outside at night.
You dare not be found outside your hostel anytime from 7:30pm. Every student would be sent back to their hostel once its 7:30pm, and by 9pm u can't be found outside your room.

5)Compulsory devotions for everyone.
By 6am you would be woken up for a 30 minutes devotion(singing and praising) and every 10pm you would be sent out of your room for 30 minutes devotion every single day including Sundays.

6)You can't leave the school compounds without applying for visa.
First of all,you can't go outside the school compound for any other reasons than to visit the bank for withdrawal or payment. And you must write a letter to the hall supervisor,who would read your letter (reasons why you want to go out) and he would sign it,and then you will take the letter to the student's affairs unit where they also read the letter and give u a paper where u write Ur name and department and date of departure,this paper you will then take to a woman in charge of the gates,who collects it and ask you to write your name on a list she then gives you a tally that you show to the gate man who would then allow you out. Maximum of 1 hour can be spent outside the school,later than that, and you could be purnished.

7)You must make 80% of class attendance before you would be allowed to do exam. Class attendance marking is always done.

coolThey give holiday assignment and you must submit it on resumption.

9)The cost of living there is very high,because the sellers know we can't go outside school easily.

10)The hostel that they are paying 120k for ,is in a terrible state,dirty toilets,slippery varenda,stinky environment. Mosquitoes nko? Wahala. 8 students per room for 120k per session.

The good things I liked about bowen university

1)The girls their are very naive and easy to get, they are desperate to have boyfriend because they are leaving their father's house for the first time. The ratio of females to males is 7:1. Same thing with young female food sellers at cafetarials,because you are a bowenite,they assume you are very rich,so they open up easily to you.

2)You can sell anything at any price if you know your way. Most Students there are from very rich families,so if you have an item,let's say a gold chain,and you know how to hype and market it ,you can sell fake gold chain for 50k, they have the money, but not all of them are gullible oo.

3)Their new library is very beautiful and ultra modern,fully airconditioned and strong internet access if you have the rj45 cable.

4)The chapel too is quite beautiful and fully airconditioned.

And this not a joke. Go there and witness it yourself.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 03, 2015
mmmmm....

6 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Temmi001: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2015
Op,BOWEN 'University' or Bowen Int'l Nursery and Primary school?

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Antanananovic: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2015
I couldn't stop the smile that appeared on my face when I read all you wrote up there because I can relate with some of them. They were what I had to deal with for four years..I graduated in 2011/viable set.

is it the night paroles@ laosebikan hall or Nlt and the delicious fried rice at munches. The annoying long queue at Skye bank atm machine is even better compared to the one at the tap at boys hostel. And usually on Sunday, after church service, the small shopping complex at the back of the boys hostel (p.s I think there is a new one now close to the faculty of agriculture) is usually "overflooded" because they had and sold the best "moin moin" in school.

Bowen University had notorious students who were infamous for many nefarious activities. A student, who had psychological problems, has burgled the vault of sterling Bank and carted away with a lot of money in a "Ghana must go" bag. Another punched a school staff in the face and beat him up. He was sent to OYO to cool his heels. There are so many of them which served as talking points and gossip for students. lest I forget, a girl was gangbänged by many guys during summer school. Somehow, the management got to know and stormed the guys hostel on a Sunday morning. I was told that all the guys in the hostel were asked to form a queue and the so called girl started picking the guys that were responsible. it was really crazy and quite unfortunate that the guys involved were final year students. Most of them were expelled..

You brought me memories and I savour the good experiences that I had there even though there are a lot of bad eggs there

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by alentyno: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2015
OP if those 4 things are the only 'good' side of bowen university, i can only but weep for you sad

it is well...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Ojestas(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2015
Glorified secondary school. .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by 5p1naz(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2015
tongue I'm happy for you OP for going to another school. I think it's high time Nigerians understand somethings. BOWEN is privately owned and they have their policies. It is your responsibility to read thoroughly what their policies are before you go there. Not go there and moan about the policies.
I do not support their policies nor that of covenant and co. But they didnt force you to buy their form and even if they did, you had a choice to accept or decline their admission offer.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by adorablepepple(f): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2015
Ok
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by sagewonders(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2015
you no no before you go. notice me

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Bawsse(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Kool
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by magabounce(m): 11:58am On Apr 03, 2015
Asides getting d gurls...
I'd never attend such school

3 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Eniqurl(f): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Ok
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by joystickextendr: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2015
hmm interesting

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Its certain that your learning is not complete. angry

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Thavik(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lmao
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by chamboy(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
angry
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Kinkale(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
This school na Scripture union camp meeting ..

2 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by WIZGUY69(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
takes a can of orijin.
crosses leg.
oya. let the actions begin. cool

Modified : The bad side is more than the good side, so why paying that whooping amount of many coz u want to go to jail.

BTW. thought Obj owns Bowen though?

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by hotgunz(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
U could has well wait and graduate from dere nw.... Or u couldn't afford d fees again?
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Glorified secondary school.

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Elcemento(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
You go fear school na. Anyway sha, their school,their rules.

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by nosike3(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
If you didn't attend a federal school,you are an illiterate!! #proud superlion( unn), proud akokite!! cool

8 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
All those advanced secondary schools.

Somebody say Great Ife! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Pvin: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Story similar to Madonna University

3 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by pocohantas(f): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bowen High School.

It's a Theology Institute. With all those prayers, even if na your matter your village people like pass. angry

5 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by daxon001(m): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
UI could've made more sense buddy

1 Like

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol

2 Likes

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by pretydiva(f): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
I rep great uniben..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by Afrok(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Haha... I can vividly remember 2008 when I went to sit for entrance exam in one of d private uni in Ogun state, my friends were like guy if U ar coming back for interview, do something about ur Afro. I was like shoo? shocked if my Afro na 1st point of contact for them, abeg they should hold on to their admission .

Really enjoyed free life at the Polytechnic and presently in the University, all is well Op cheesy.
Same goes last year when two guys from Madonna university (friends to a friend) came to my school to carryout research for their projects, I was with them for 3days and took them round, funny as me and others dey yabb Uniport, these guys were astonished with what they saw (especially the babes) and stuffs. I was like wtf?
Re: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University by dulux07(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
I really enjoyed my stay in bowen, i ve lived in a fed uni n state uni bfor moving to bowen, i still prefer bowen, i heard d new vc changed d rules bringing discomfort to d students, whch led to d riot.
During my days olagbemiro was d vc , n then

cafeterias opens rm 7am n close 10pm, u can go to d cafe anytim u want

U can remain in campus till 9pm, n outside hostel til 10.30pm.

Wed mornin n sunday mornin r d most strict chapel days, others r jst fun, mostly servin as rendevous for some.

U can put on jeans, 3/4 after school hrs n weekends(i.e rm 4pm), ladies can put on trousers on weekends(sport things)

At lis 70% attendence to write exams, as well as cost of living is high.. true.

U can put on hand bands. Always on tie, compulsory devotions r rules dat r not effective.

D only issue we heard then was water supply, which was a big prob cos d sch is located on a rocky land, scarcity of water at times makes d hostel n toilets dirty.

I tell u bowen is d most liberal xtian university in nigeria. Dont know abt now tho, cos of d new VC.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / Federal Polytechnic Oko Bans Beard, Afro Hair And Trousers, Students Reacts / Pictures Of Nice Structures In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.