Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief (16504 Views)

Truck Driver Kills Wife For Reporting Him To Her Mother In Abeokuta (Graphic) / "EFCC Arrested My Brother Because They Found My Panties In The House" / Nigeria Police Arrested Officers Who Killed Kolade Johnson "Kay Low" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Lekan239(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
post=126035404:
We are confused as you so right now,
how can the police arrest someone who comes to report an issues and even want him to bail himself with 150K.

We are sure you don't know everything about this case, cos, it makes no sense.
Come back with more when you have enough details.

What was he arrested for?
You don't even know!

You are asking us instead of asking him!!

Exactly our point.
Police are not totally useless to just lock him up just laidat!
maybe as he enter police station, police use force check his fone amd find out say na G guy. 150kfor bail is kinda much na, except them c am as G guys
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by mamaafrik(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
If there is evidence tag hundeyin and adejobi with this link on twitter and tiktok.
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Goodman247: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nigerian police are useless as anything
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Prettychild(f): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
scoobyblogspot:
My colleague resumed the office today complaining very bitterly, so we got talking. He said his elder sister got a property somewhere in Lagos, she stayed there with her husband for a while, had a talent before they both traveled out of the country.
The other tenant also, relocated leaving the house empty; since nobody was now managing the property some hoodlums started breaking into the premises to steal properties bit by bit.

One of the hoodlums was caught and arrested, so my colleague’s brother went to the station as the bale was informed of this act. The police asked him some question which he detailed the them as he was standing in for his elder sister who was far away in London, so they took the criminal to the market where he sold those items, unfortunately know was recovered, the stolen items where valued at about N1,9MILLION naira.

The criminal was taken back to the station and apprehended, so my friends brother was asked to come on Saturday 23rd September for further action, he couldn’t make it to the station due to his work so he went to the station on 25th of September, the police arrested him collected his phones and locked him. Arrested and locked him for what?
They didn’t say anything about it, only for the police to inform the family members that he needs to be granted bill with N150, 0000. Is this a joke?
I’m so confused right now, how can you arrest someone who comes to report an issues and even want him to bail himself with naira.

Please advise
Say it on Twitter let it go viral
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by ak22(m): 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
scoobyblogspot:
My colleague resumed the office today complaining very bitterly, so we got talking. He said his elder sister got a property somewhere in Lagos, she stayed there with her husband for a while, had a talent before they both traveled out of the country.
The other tenant also, relocated leaving the house empty; since nobody was now managing the property some hoodlums started breaking into the premises to steal properties bit by bit.

One of the hoodlums was caught and arrested, so my colleague’s brother went to the station as the bale was informed of this act. The police asked him some question which he detailed the them as he was standing in for his elder sister who was far away in London, so they took the criminal to the market where he sold those items, unfortunately know was recovered, the stolen items where valued at about N1,9MILLION naira.

The criminal was taken back to the station and apprehended, so my friends brother was asked to come on Saturday 23rd September for further action, he couldn’t make it to the station due to his work so he went to the station on 25th of September, the police arrested him collected his phones and locked him. Arrested and locked him for what?
They didn’t say anything about it, only for the police to inform the family members that he needs to be granted bill with N150, 0000. Is this a joke?
I’m so confused right now, how can you arrest someone who comes to report an issues and even want him to bail himself with naira.

Please advise

Copy Lagos police ppro
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Chocolateberry2: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Which police station is that.08099343439.pls chat me up
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by godofuck231: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2023
You go de report their cousin abi ?
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Chocolateberry2: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
What station is that,pls specify so o can call d d.p.o or u can chat me up08099343439
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by tjmc: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

Please advise

Report this to the FPFRo on X(Twitter), then tag the who is who
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Pat081: 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
Olumuyiwa Adejobi will never talk about this one
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by uzomalahot: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by bigman001(m): 1:18am On Sep 27, 2023
eepeepook:
Bail isn't free again? This country, sha.

I guess it was for him to pay rent money for the police housing the criminal. Police eye dey red whenever them reason money matter. It could also cover service fees for their own investigations into the matter. Leave Naija police. Mumu people. Tomorrow is a public holiday, all the cool out spots in my area will sport illegal checkpoints from men in uniform looking for weekend pay.
Bros you are truly a real naija man dat knows how our police operate , na service charge money dem collect for him hand
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Bluezy13(m): 1:41am On Sep 27, 2023
maasoap:

Nonsensical contribution, mtcheeew! Na by force to contribute to a discuss?

Why are you pained
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Deemas(m): 2:35am On Sep 27, 2023
Obierika:
Are you sure you know all the facts of this case?

Be supporting police tactically until e reach your turn we will hear your story.
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:44am On Sep 27, 2023
The hoodlum thief will now be taunting him. He can even be vengeful in him.
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by lagosrd: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2023
xtivin:

You no go mind your business now o, until you turn to witness for court..There is definitely more than what was revealed to you in this case abeg..our police no too dey but for this case baba, mind your Business.

So he should mind his business where a bail of #150,000 will overide a theft case of #1.9m. You see how this cou try gets spoilt day in day out?

What is the business of the police in collecting monies from anyone, are they now the court of law? Even if they have to bail him and bail him for what exactly. He should go to court and make a direct complain against the officers and. Also copy the force PRO of the state , I am sure he will respond swiftly
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by maasoap(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2023
Bluezy13:

Why are you pained
Because you're off
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by Bluezy13(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2023
maasoap:

Because you're off

Oh...keep being pained then.
Re: Police Arrested My Colleague Brother & Fine Him N150,000 For Reporting A Thief by basadenet: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Write a strong worded petition to IG, and copy to state commissioner , station dpo, then wait for miracle to happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Houseboy Leads Gang To Kidnap Boss’ Son In Edo / Over 100 Graves Robbed In Benin For Voodoo Rituals / DSS Arrests Prophet, Three Others Over Alleged Attempt To Kidnap LG Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.