Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband (15616 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Confession Time - Have You Cheated? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by ednut1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
WhiteRuler:

You have a mail sir. Please check.
i have gotten 4 of such mails this month. Unfortunately I cannot do anything
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Iamrespected1: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
So I once had a lady that we kept a routine on everyday dancing under the sunset then if God so blesses us there will be rainfall and we both danced together in the rainfall under the sunset,I felt I have finally found my missing rib,guess what guys,this lady left me with a lame excuse of not being able to cater for her needs,that was one devastating moment of my life but we still move anyhow
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by WhiteRuler: 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2023
ednut1:
i have gotten 4 of such mails this month. Unfortunately I cannot do anything

Alright. Thanks for your reply.
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
obawinner:
you need to judge her extended family beyond economic prospect, what if they are well to do but demanding beyond your limits, what if her family demands her loyalty before they put you into consideration. If I'm you, I will put my peace of mind as the priority, then check the at worst case scenario, can i cope with it etc.
Thanks bro for weighing in.. You've really been of help. ..
This marriage thing no be here o.. 😄😄

1 Like

Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice2023:

After every one year,we used to evaluate our family lives.

After 7years evaluations and watching out how it has been so far...I can tell u with fact,that I made the right decision of my life and I have never regretted it one bit.

You don't know how much you've done for me boss..
I am most grateful.
This girl I'm with currently is not where she needs to be economically.. but she's quite intelligent and capable of a lot.. I am trying to explore the option of helping her in that growth process..
See where it leaves us in a couple of years..
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice2023:

Marry her and let her know ur ambition and things u want both of u to achieve together as partner.
Yes.. we've been exploring this for about a 6months now..
What will u say if I told u I'm trying to sponsor her through nursing school?..
What would your advice be ?
Pls be very honest and blunt!
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
t2luv1:
With me it was an easy call. After my graduation from the University Of Michigan in Ann Arbor, with a Degree in Electronics Engineering. I was working for General Motors as a System Analyst and the company decided to send me back to school for my Master I met this Igbo man from Imo State in one of my classes that man gave me the best advice of my life. "Remember money will always give you the woman you want, but your struggle will give you the woman you need" . When I met my now wife, I was working as a security Guard while at the same time trying to get my Undergraduate degree. Close to 33 years later happily married to my wife blessed with two grown-up boys, both living on their own with their own families. I am living the best part of my life in South Florida in good health and of sound mind. I say it again not bad for a guy from Ijebu Ode who grew up in Ibadan and attended Ebenezer Primary School Oke Ado in Ibadan.
Daddy!! I'm so happy for you. I envision sth similar for myself!!
Will prolly be in the US in November.. you mind we hang out for some fatherly advice?.. cheesy
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Nice2023(m): 6:29am On Sep 29, 2023
JhyMedex:

Yes.. we've been exploring this for about a 6months now..
What will u say if I told u I'm trying to sponsor her through nursing school?..
What would your advice be ?
Pls be very honest and blunt!

If u are educated,u can help ur wife to attain her educational needs but if u are not,pls avoid that lane. Reason is,most women end up following educated guys when they realised their boyfriend isn't as educated as they want.

Just use ur discretion here because what I say is not a general and final opinion but a percentage of what we see in our society.
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by PinkNature: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2023
sunmarouk:
For me, I was looking for a wife, after 2ex's disappointed me, then some family members and friends opened my eyes to a lady in church. I was not so much fasinated with her because I know her with her anger issue, I have seen it played out terribly. Friends & family were able to convince me that she isn't that bad & I felt I could manage her stubbornness/anger. Fast-forward, we dated for 8months & now have a baby, but in this journey our ideas are different, we don't agree in most things, also she is not as capable as I thought, has no goal & vision other than stay at home and bear the title Mrs. I also noticed she has a strong affiliation with her parent, calling them every hour and they will all gang up against me, she presently went to stay with her parent & they are refusing me to come take them back. The father is claiming right to his daughter

Do not make the mistake of marrying her.
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Thazard(m): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
ahnie:
I don't like oha soup,I love ofe unugbu better.
What about nsala?
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by ahnie: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
Thazard:
What about nsala?
I love nsala soup
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by ahnie: 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
Thazard:
What about nsala?
I love nsala soup with fresh catfish
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Thazard(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2023
ahnie:

I love nsala soup with fresh catfish
i don't like it at all. I prefer egusi soup.
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 1:37am On Sep 30, 2023
Nice2023:

If u are educated,u can help ur wife to attain her educational needs but if u are not,pls avoid that lane. Reason is,most women end up following educated guys when they realised their boyfriend isn't as educated as they want.

Just use ur discretion here because what I say is not a general and final opinion but a percentage of what we see in our society.
Okay, well noted. I've heard sad tales of people sponsoring ladies throgh school only to get rejected after.
I am a Medical Doctor and I intend to enrol her in a nursing school while we make preparations for the wedding say December next year..
What's your advice Sir?..
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Nice2023(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2023
JhyMedex:

Okay, well noted. I've heard sad tales of people sponsoring ladies throgh school only to get rejected after.
I am a Medical Doctor and I intend to enrol her in a nursing school while we make preparations for the wedding say December next year..
What's your advice Sir?..

Great...just go ahead.

Congrats in advance.

And to prepare for wedding, start early enough. Use twelve months to plan the wedding.

Each month set aside what to do such as. Pay for hall.

Pay for chairs if need be.

Pay for photographer.

Pay food ingredients.

Pay her bride price early enough.

That is how I arranged mine until the day of wedding and it was so damn easy and stress free financially.

Good luck to u
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by JhyMedex: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
Nice2023:

Great...just go ahead.

Congrats in advance.

And to prepare for wedding, start early enough. Use twelve months to plan the wedding.

Each month set aside what to do such as. Pay for hall.

Pay for chairs if need be.

Pay for photographer.

Pay food ingredients.

Pay her bride price early enough.

That is how I arranged mine until the day of wedding and it was so damn easy and stress free financially.

Good luck to u
Okay.
This is really great advice.. Takes a lot of the pressure off as the big day approaches..
I'm definitely doing this!
Thank you Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Nice2023(m): 5:42am On Oct 01, 2023
JhyMedex:

Okay.
This is really great advice.. Takes a lot of the pressure off as the big day approaches..
I'm definitely doing this!
Thank you Sir.

U are welcome my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by cocolacec(m): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2023
Love
Re: Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband by Deerahone: 6:06am On Oct 06, 2023
ShitOnRecruiter:
Are you a guy, and why did you say that? What happened?
yes I am a guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.