Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now (46652 Views)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!! / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Ashirioluwa: 10:12am On Sep 27, 2023
Too many in Nigeria
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by maasoap(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2023
Pentagon007:
OP you are so lucky. Judging by the triangular shape of the head, the snake is venomous and from my deduction, it is a Cobra. A cobra has very poisonous venom and it has the ability to deliver several bites within a second.
CAUTION : Pls when You kill a snake, ensure to cut off the head. Cobras are very tough. Long after you think you have killed it, With one last breath, it can launch its fangs at anyone close by and you see it is a long snake.
Congrats!

Not just poisonous but I think it is the most deadly snake in the world!

1 Like

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Lance008(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:
Everyone should be guarded, vigilant and observant, whether you are surrounded by bush or not please be vigilant. These snakes are so creepy

By the God Grace i own my house, it’s a 2 apartment bungalow with a 3 bedroom flat each. I occupy the front flat while my tenant occupy the back flat. Everywhere in my house is neat and tiled including my compound, I’m not surrounded by bush, I even stay in an Estate but it’s still a mystery how this snake get into my house.

On my way back from work, I stopped by to pick my wife from her shop, as at 7:30 when we got home, I walked towards the small fridge in our dining room to grab some chilled beer, I noticed something fell from the cotton pole, the moment I shined the torch light, it was a black snake then it ran behind the fridge. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I shouted Jesus see snake. My wife carried my daughter and ran outside to the main gate. I could even hear her voice shouting “babe you must kill that snake, I’m not sleeping in that house if you don’t kill that snake”

Well, My tenant came to assist me and we finally killed the snake with sticks and stones. I’m a brave man grin

I’m so curious right now because you can’t see a cockroach or rat in my house not to talk of snake. How that snake got into my house is a mystery. My baby is almost one year and she crawls around.

Who else has experience this before? And what kind of snake is that? Is it venomous?
What about if he crawls from ur ceiling ?
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by siant: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2023
I don't understand why many people do afraid of snake. Especially those touts that behave as if they can do and undo anything, they fear snake more than devil.
God knows, I can never flee for a snake. If it can wait, I will pick it with my hand.

Na so I killed one big snake at the Faculty of Agric, on UI campus recently, people started running Helter skelter, including security operative. I don't understand.

And op, don't link it to spiritual. There is nothing to be mystified about that. Check your house very well, there must definitely be a thoroughfare through which it got inside.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Rayd502(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2023
DyingFetus:
Better pack from that house to avoid stories that touches the heart

Don't you read?
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by osazsky(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Kia see better meat pepper soup..op where is ur location
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Judolisco(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2023
garriAndsugar:
I remembered killing a snake at my rented student apartment then, bushes were not around there and the compound was clean..

I wonder how this creatures enter, but glad you killed it.check your doors if there's any little space it slipped through
snakes don't need bushes or dirty environment to visit u na..... They jst need their food to be around your vicinity.... Lizards and rats

1 Like

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by zionstaar75: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:
Everyone should be guarded, vigilant and observant, whether you are surrounded by bush or not please be vigilant. These snakes are so creepy

By the God Grace i own my house, it’s a 2 apartment bungalow with a 3 bedroom flat each. I occupy the front flat while my tenant occupy the back flat. Everywhere in my house is neat and tiled including my compound, I’m not surrounded by bush, I even stay in an Estate but it’s still a mystery how this snake get into my house.

On my way back from work, I stopped by to pick my wife from her shop, as at 7:30 when we got home, I walked towards the small fridge in our dining room to grab some chilled beer, I noticed something fell from the cotton pole, the moment I shined the torch light, it was a black snake then it ran behind the fridge. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I shouted Jesus see snake. My wife carried my daughter and ran outside to the main gate. I could even hear her voice shouting “babe you must kill that snake, I’m not sleeping in that house if you don’t kill that snake”

Well, My tenant came to assist me and we finally killed the snake with sticks and stones. I’m a brave man grin

I’m so curious right now because you can’t see a cockroach or rat in my house not to talk of snake. How that snake got into my house is a mystery. My baby is almost one year and she crawls around.

Who else has experience this before? And what kind of snake is that? Is it venomous?
it's the environment you're living in oga,I can't remember when last I saw a snake, about 15 years ago. I live in the city center. May God continually protect u and your family
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by maasoap(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2023
Ndubuisipaul1:
Some one like me will find it difficult to sleep well in that house for 1 month.

If snake was really wicked . It would have been biting people while sleeping.

Snake will live in same room with a man minding his business . It will not strike the man while sleeping. But any day the man see it he most die

The problem is when you are not aware of it being in the house and you mistakenly step on it or cross its path and startle it, be sure to get one or more bites.

1 Like

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Mosba: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2023
Haaaa! August visitor in Sept all the way from village.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Judolisco(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:
it baffles me. There’s no space in my doors. I have two entrances to enter my house, either from the kitchen entrance or the main entrance and both entrance has door net. I fixed door net to prevent mosquitoes because of my baby.

You can’t even see mosquitoes, cockroach or rat in my house.

I will have to fumigate my house. I’m so shocked right now.
if u have lizards outside ur huz or rats indoors then... Snakes will always be around you.....na food cycle... Always fumigate.... Do deep fumigation and see snakes flying out from everywhere.... Thank me later
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by ottersberger(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:

An acquaintance had a snake stuffed inside her mailbox by a jilted ex. Brotherly, you and pesin get quarrel?.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Eldybest: 10:21am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:

Well, it's difficult to accurately point out how the snake got into your house, but that snake must have been living with you for quite some time without you knowing it. But because, fortunately, snakes by nature do their best (and even go to lengths) to avoid humans and won't normally go out to deliberately harm humans, you did not notice its presence in your house until that day.
There are also many other people with snakes in their houses without them knowing it. Lol it would have been an entirely different scenario if snakes deliberately seek out humans. But they still remain mostly dangerous anyway. Not something to cohabit with for any reason.
Bro, please ensure that you have anti venom or you know a nearby medical facility that has antivenom, just in case. This can make a difference between life and death.
Most people who died from snake bites died due to not having timely access to anti-venom treatment. Many medical facilities don't have anti-venom. Please locate one which has. Or you learn first aid treatment for snake bite.
I was bitten by a venomous snake right inside my house, in June. My own house is near to some bushes and grasslands. What saved me was the first aid treatment I applied which helped me to buy time before I later got additional treatment.
So, bro, please make contingency plans just in case.
Also, bro, fumigate, and fumigate, and fumigate. And keep away rats from your house.
Bro I thank God for your life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by CaptainFM1: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2023
Please which Estate or give generic location where you reside so I can be on the guard too.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by FROGMAN101(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Unecessary comment. 🙄

Didn't you read where he said he has an almost one-year old who crawls around? So the wife should've left the one-year old outside or in another room alone just to kill the snake with the OP? Or all three of them should've killed it together? Besides, he called his tenant to assist in killing it, meaning he was not by himself.

You see your brain is wired in a way that when you see simple observation you immediately go into defensive mode. I wonder how you sleep at night.

Again read what I wrote slowly this time so it can make a path in your brain.

From what happened in this matter…

MEN ARE THE PRIZE. MEN ARE THE ONES TO FACE PROBLEMS WHEN IT SHOWS UP. MEN ARE ALSO THE PROVIDERS.

I hope you get it this time around?

1 Like

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by osuntokun(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2023
I had a similar experience killing a similar cobra by my entrance door, the snake is inside the parlor already, just by the door. There are no bush, my house is interlocked. Only Got knows how and where it came from.

Fred166:

1 Like

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by famology(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2023
Once snake enter tiles, otilo
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by jrusky(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2023
Snake headache again? Pls God not again.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Coldie(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2023
There's a very high chance that u have rodents in ur house.

There's a very high chance that there's a bush or gutter or swamp around ur house.

To avoid another occurrence check for this thing if u have a gutter or bush or swamp around ur house. Check those things.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Penisman: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2023
The reason you don’t have cockroaches and rats in your house is because of the presence of the unsolicited creepy security creature.

Check some more, one or two could lurking around.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Nooner: 10:45am On Sep 27, 2023
Fred166:

Something similar happened sometimes ago, my wife visited the farm to pick up something’s…she drove back home everything was fine, about 2 days later, she was driving out and I noticed a movement from the bonnet, I just flagged down her to wait let me check the bonnet, omoh, na correct snake 🐍, it was hiding at the wiper housing box. After successfully killing the snake, we’re wondering how come theirs a snake around. Then I recurred she had visited the farm and the snake must be have been looking for a warm place to chill, cuz it was during rainy season. One should be extremely careful and make sure you do proper cleaning inside and outside your house weekends, move furnitures etc
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Banat89(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2023
Bros are u staying in evils forest
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by porthouse7(f): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Chai see FOOD!

PEPPER SOUP don land bross!

Abeg send me ur location.. make I press all my WEED together and JAZZ in ur UNIT..

Abeg make sure say u buy better HOT GIN to use press tins down..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
wasted generation
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Badadvisor: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2023
Makamatic:

See as baba put Igbo for inside cup . We know say no be loud bro
😅😁😁😁
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by legitnow1: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2023
GOING TO PEOPLE HOUSE IN NIGERIA IS DANGEROUS.

IT IS NO MORE RATS, NOW SNAKES.

DO U LEAVE WITH ALOT OF BUSH AROUND?

SNAKES CLIMB WALL, NEVER LEAVE WINDOW OPEN ON THE GROUND FLOOR.

CLOSE ALL DOORS ALWAYS.

CLOSE TOILET SEAT TOO AND BATHROOM, THEY COULD ENTER FROM THERE.

SCARY!
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by shoprite: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2023
Well . . .Don't know how long ago you completed that building since you say the place is currently not bushy, sometimes those reptiles chill in the blocks or in the ceiling while construction is on going. Then somehow they find their way back into the house much later through any little opening. A good thing you saw it before any stories that touch.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Mypeople2(m): 11:39am On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Do you live around a bushy area?

I'm sure you won't sleep in that house for one week

Do you think it's the only one there?
Ewwww
🤣🤣🤣🤣 you don't really want the guy to sleep in that house, see your question 🤣🤣
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by empressSkincare(f): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2023
wittywriter:
Some NLers miss Lalasticlala...a.k.a mod of snake thread.

Wittyness.

Where's he sef?
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by zeo(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Assuming the snake didn't come in from your immediate environment, it could be brought to the compound by a vehicle, the snake may have crawled into the vehicle elsewhere and crawl out when everywhere is calm. A snake ran out of a vehicle that was loading passengers in a moto park sometime ago. The commotion it caused was crazy, but the garage boys were able to kill the snake.
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by Pkid1: 11:52am On Sep 27, 2023
Boogyman557:

Abeg send me ur location.. make I press all my WEED together and JAZZ in ur UNIT..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Boogyman557 biko pass me small weed make I feel alright. E don reach one week wey I never blow since police nab my dealer. I dey pass through alot brv lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by bewla(m): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Uncle snake is on honeymoon
Re: Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now by DoxxAnon: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2023
If you have snakes indoors, it means your house has a food source; ie rats or toads.

You can live a symbiotic existence with the snake; you let it have its space and in return, it will eat all the rats in your house… assuming it is non-venomous.

You picture quality isn’t so good so it difficult to ascertain the specie of “ Joe Blake” living with you. Would be nice to see the body markings, underbelly and shape of head.

Anyway, it’s dead so you just killed your housemate and helper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.