Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,083 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy (12107 Views)

Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Why I Rejected The Food My Wife Made For Me - Nigerian Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by culidea: 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
In 1998, a 21 year old Nigerian soldier named Hassan Adeyemo from Ibadan met and fell in love with an 18 year-old beautiful Hausa girl from Bauchi called Sarah. It was love at first sight.

They got married in 1999 and God blessed them with a beautiful daughter in 2000. After her, they had two other daughters and one boy, making 4 kids. Hassan loved his wife so much and told her not to work because of stress. He was providing everything she ever wanted for her and the kids…

In 2014, Hassan wanted a better life for his family, so with his wife’s agreement, he decided to send them to the U.S. Sarah and the kids entered the United States in 2014.
Before they got there, Hassan already arranged a rented house and a car for them. Sarah wasn’t working, Hassan was sending big money to them for upkeep from Nigeria every month. Despite the distance, Hassan bonded with his wife and kids. Everyone was happy.

In 2017, Hassan, who had missed his family so much, decided to relocate to America and stay with them.

Before Hassan got to America, Sarah had started hair braiding just to keep herself busy when the kids were in school. Everyone loved her and the way she braided beautiful styles. Gradually, she became a household name in Orlando, Florida. Ladies flooded her to do their hair.

The unfortunate victims of the tragedy
What she was doing for fun became something big overnight. Hassan entered the US, and things were going smoothly. Hassan who was a big man in Nigeria, left everything and came to America to start all over with menial jobs. He had no papers yet, so he was doing jobs that paid him peanuts.

God blessed them with a baby boy in 2018, making their children a total of 5. Sarah was making at least 1,000 a day with the help of her daughters who she had trained. She was very fast and efficient in braiding. With this income, she was able to support the family with all expenses because Hassan’s income couldn’t meet up with the expenses/bills.

Hassan got his papers and started Uber and delivery jobs. He worked from day to night and started contributing his quota to the family, but his contributions was like change to his wife Sarah, was making. In effect, Sarah became the breadwinner of the house.

Issues started because Sarah was always complaining that Hassan couldn’t afford her lifestyle. She became the children’s favorite because she gave them everything they asked for, while their dad could not meet up. Sarah entered the house whenever she wished. She became the boss, always calling Hassan lazy and useless, while Hassan always appealed to her for peace to reign.

Hassan, a gentleman didn’t like trouble in any form. Sarah and the children formed their own group in the house, and abandoned their dad to always sort himself out. Sarah stopped cooking for him.

Hassan became depressed and was always begging friends and family members to help talk to his wife. Hassan was always crying like a baby, saying Sarah made him feel less of a man in the house. His friends encouraged him to persevere and ignore whatever she did.

In January 2022, Sarah announced to Hassan that she had bought a house. They moved into the new house, and she continued to treat him very badly. She disrespected him so much, “Leave my house if you cannot obey me, you irresponsible man,” she would often say.

She locked him out in the cold so many times and threw his things out. The children were on their mother’s side because she was the provider. Hassan became very depressed, and started having suicidal thoughts. He told his friends how life is unfair, and that he would kill himself. They advised him to leave the marriage because it was obvious that his wife was no longer in love with him, but he kept on asking, “Where will I start from? I love my wife. A woman I have invested all my life in. The only woman I ever loved. What did I do to deserve this from her?”

April 2023, Sarah told him she had bought another house that this particular house is specifically for her and her customers. She told Hassan to hold onto the boys while the girls followed her to the new house. Hassan was like, ” Why do you want to separate the family?” She said, “If everyone followed her to the new house, it will disturb my customers. She then told the husband that he could bring the boys over for weekends, but he can’t come with them, “because I need my privacy.” People tried to talk to Sarah, but she wouldn’t listen. Hassan agreed, hoping that his wife will change her mind.

On August 21, 2023, Sarah informed Hassan that she would like for her sons to move in with her, while Hassan remains in the old house. She instructed Hassan to move all of her remaining property, and that of the children from the old house where Hassan was staying to the new one, where she lives.

She then told Hassan that whenever he wished to see the children, he should let her know, so she can arrange for the visits. So, Hassan told her he would do as she had instructed, and take the remaining property of hers to the house on Friday night, which he did. Sarah didn’t let him enter the house. She took all the belongings he brought and the boys and left Hassan outside. Hassan remained at the door for almost an hour knocking, Sarah refused to open the door for him.

The following day, August 26, was Hassan’s 46th birthday. Early that morning, Sarah sent him a message, “Happy Birthday friend, we are better off as friends than lovers.” “You need to look for where you’ll be staying, because I have to get rid of the old house. I wish you well in life, I have moved on.” A few hours later, the children called their dad to get some groceries, and he told them he would bring them in the evening. At about 6:30 PM, he called the kids, that he was on his way to the house with the groceries. When he got there, he knocked, and the children opened the door for him.

Hassan then asked for their mom, they told him he was in the shower. He entered, and went to the bathroom, brought out a gun, and shot her in the head, in the chest, and in the leg. He then called 911, “Hello, I just killed the bitch.” This is the address, I am waiting for you.” He sat down on the floor beside Sarah’s body.

The cops came, and the first responders rushed Sarah to the hospital, she was still breathing. She died two hours after she got to the hospital. Mr. Adeyemo is now at the Orange County Jail in Florida. He is most likely facing a death sentence or life in prison without parole.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by OGIBRA(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
Moral lesson:-

Also Build yourself while building others

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by superlanny(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
Depression is real, so is betrayal and lack of loyalty, in as much as it hurts to lose what you once had as happiness and love, it's unacceptable to commit murder and lose everything. Mental illness is real and just takes a trigger to make it all worse.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by yinkus6750(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
My Man, you .essed up BIG TIME.
You allowed a woman to condemn your life.
You should have left her alone and move on with your life.
No emotion should have gotten you to this extent.
You are now the greatest loser.
RIP in advance to you.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by SWATMan: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
RIP to the dead. In as much your story looks one sided and said nothing good about the woman makes the story unbelieveable. Where was he getting the money as a soldier to send accross to his wife and children abroad. Was he from a rich family? There is no morals in this story. It's his responsibility to fend for them. The only thing i see here is a miscalculation of his plan for the future. It's called fate or Adonwo.

22 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by BOSSkesh(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
@ jennyclay
@ iconicR
What do you have to say
Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by SWATMan: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
yinkus6750:
RIP in advance to you.

It's easier said.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Jagabanofafrica: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
What a touching story

Moral lesson

Care and build urself first before any one, the only thing that is constant in life is CHANGE.

Your wife, children and love ones can change at anytime.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
Depression is real, so is betrayal and lack of loyalty, in as much as it hurts to lose what you once had as happiness and love, it's unacceptable to commit murder and lose everything. Mental illness is real and just takes a trigger to make it all worse.
Wetin concern depression with murder? undecided

How did you connect depression with the having of a murderous intent for Pete's sake? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by superlanny(m): 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Depression is a mental illness, which can lead to suicide or murder vice-versa
Kobojunkie:
Wetin concern depression with murder? undecided

How did you connect depression with the having of a murderous intent for Pete's sake? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
Depression is a mental illness, which can lead to suicide or murder vice-versa
Stop lying! undecided

Where is it indicated in the medical logs or DSM-5 that depression can lead to one having murderous intent? Una go just dey open mouth pla, pla, pla. Having suicidal ideation is not the same as having murderous intentions. This man was clearly bitter and that has nothing to do with depression. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Xscape1993(m): 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
This life is not balance....
Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by superlanny(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
I won't argue abeg, a simple Google search is always your friend. And i am not speaking on his intent, thats left for you to speculate, as for a depressed mind, it can lead to murder. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.psych.ox.ac.uk/news/depression-linked-to-violent-crime-study-finds%23:~:text%3DPeople%2520with%2520a%2520depressive%2520illness,they%2520were%2520diagnosed%2520with%2520depression.&ved=2ahUKEwjwiL77zJOBAxWOUUEAHeXtAkYQFnoECBAQBQ&usg=AOvVaw17-ie311Xj_bEx-me25fma
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! Where is it indicated in the medica logs that depression can lead to murder? Una go just dey open mouth pla, pla, pla. Having suicidal ideation or not same as having murderous intentions. This man was clearly bitter and that has nothing to do with depression. undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
I won't argue abeg, a simple Google search is always your friend. And i am not speaking on his intent, thats left for you to speculate, as for a depressed mind, it can lead to murder. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.psych.ox.ac.uk/news/depression-linked-to-violent-crime-study-finds%23:~:text%3DPeople%2520with%2520a%2520depressive%2520illness,they%2520were%2520diagnosed%2520with%2520depression.&ved=2ahUKEwjwiL77zJOBAxWOUUEAHeXtAkYQFnoECBAQBQ&usg=AOvVaw17-ie311Xj_bEx-me25fma
You didn't even bother to read the article didn't you? undecided
The study, based on more than 47,000 people in Sweden, emphasised that the overwhelming majority of depressed people are neither violent nor criminal and should not be stigmatised. “One important finding was that the vast majority of depressed people were not convicted of violent crimes, and that the rates ... are below those for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and considerably lower than for alcohol or drug abuse,” said Seena Fazel, who led the study at University of Oxford’s psychiatry department. The researchers found that 3.7% of men and 0.5% of women committed a violent crime after being identified as clinically depressed. This compared with 1.2% of men and 0.2% of women in the general population.
What you just did is tantamount to saying that since Cancer patients also experience depression--- a comorbidlty--- therefore depression leads to cancer. undecided

There are billions of depressed people world over who have never committed a crime. The vast majority would rather kill themselves than kill anyone else. @Mindlog
Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Olawrites: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
As a Man you're alone in this world, only your money can save you.

When a wife start making big money, and when you are broke as a married man, that's when you'll know how woman can be. They're not WORTH dieing for.

Women are created the same.

As a Man don't be too emotional. Imagine sending your family abroad, why can't him go first and leave them in Nigeria.

Team I need a second passport for my children and unborn kids. Look at it now.

As a Man put yourself first.

This man is too emotional, he should have just leave them and build his life and flex akata.

Most women are ungrateful, they forget the help you did for them yesterday

Let this stick to your skull you male simps on Nairaland.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by cococandy(f): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
So he refused to better himself? Killed the family breadwinner and lived to tarnish her image with this lopsided story?

Braiding hair is not a woman-only skill (just an example btw). There are so so many skills he could have learned that bring in a lot of money. He stuck with the unimaginative approach and resented her for doing well.

She’s dead so this account of what happened is strictly his. Color me unconvinced

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Klass99(f): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2023

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by superlanny(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2023
You dey mind am, leave that dude jare
Klass99:
@ The topic, wawuu I just googled the story to verify the authenticity of it and it's true. This is so sad!

@ Kobojunkie.......you are unbelievable! I have seen you link practically every vice and every situation on this forum to mental health issues. Everything from alcohol to gambling addictions, severe introversion to uncertainty about pregnancy and a man, one female user in particular shared.

Now someone else says the same thing you are famous for by linking Hassan's depression and the murder of his wife to mental health issues and you suddenly have a problem with it. Take a stand already Kobo and don't be all over the place with this mental health mantra/wave. I don't see why it's okay for you to label every issue as a mental health problem then scream blue murder when someone else does.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
Klass99:
@ Kobojunkie.......you are unbelievable! I have seen you link practically every vice and every situation on this forum to mental health issues. Everything from alcohol to gambling addictions, severe introversion to uncertainty about pregnancy and a man, one female user in particular shared.
Now someone else says the same thing you are famous for by linking Hassan's depression and the murder of his wife to mental health issues and you suddenly have a problem with it. Take a stand already Kobo and don't be all over the place with this mental health mantra/wave. I don't see why it's okay for you to label every issue as a mental health problem then scream blue murder when someone else does.
Gambling addiction is a mental illness. Severe introversion caused my low esteem or even social anxiety is directly linked to mental illness. Look in the DSM-5 for more information. Uncertainty about pregnancy... You would have to explain this one to me cause I am not sure how you took it that that is linked to mental illness.

2. This someone else is doing what I do? Please show us exactly where murder is linked to depression in the DSM-5 abeg so we can all see how he is doing exactly what I do. undecided
Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Klass99(f): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Procashtips(m): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
Klass99:
@ The topic, wawuu I just googled the story to verify the authenticity of it and it's true. This is so sad!

She's got issues with men
And she's also going through depression.

Currently living a sadist life.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by henrimoto(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
@klass99, Abeg, leave "Our Kobo.." Jare! Na who just join Nairaland last month, no know KOBOJUNKIE.

Sha file .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
SWATMan:
RIP to the dead. In as much your story looks one sided and said nothing good about the woman makes the story unbelieveable. Where was he getting the money as a soldier to send accross to his wife and children abroad. Was he from a rich family? There is no morals in this story. It's his responsibility to fend for them. The only thing i see here is a miscalculation of his plan for the future. It's called fate or Adonwo.
cococandy:
So he refused to better himself? Killed the family breadwinner and lived to tarnish her image with this lopsided story? Braiding hair is not a woman-only skill (just an example btw). There are so so many skills he could have learned that bring in a lot of money. He stuck with the unimaginative approach and resented her for doing well.
She’s dead so this account of what happened is strictly his. Color me unconvinced
Now someone is talking! undecided
Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by henrimoto(m): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Klass99:

Oh no sweetheart I am done talking. You see that thing you do where you hijack a thread, dominate the conversation, take up cyberspace, needlessly arguing back and forth, while running a thread into several pages bah..........I won't do that with you or engage beyond this post. I said what I said from reading your posts over time and seeing a recurring pattern.
Gbam!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by UDUJ(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
culidea:

She locked him out in the cold so many times and threw his things out. The children were on their mother’s side because she was the provider. Hassan became very depressed, and started having suicidal thoughts. He told his friends how life is unfair, and that he would kill himself. They advised him to leave the marriage because it was obvious that his wife was no longer in love with him, but he kept on asking, “Where will I start from? I love my wife. A woman I have invested all my life in. The only woman I ever loved. What did I do to deserve this from her?”

The cops came, and the first responders rushed Sarah to the hospital, she was still breathing. She died two hours after she got to the hospital. Mr. Adeyemo is now at the Orange County Jail in Florida. He is most likely facing a death sentence or life in prison without parole.

The boldfaced, this is what every weak man says. If a marriage is not working out and it get's too toxic it's better to leave the marriage for your sanity and also to avoid commiting murder. He is a very weak man. No excuse.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by oz4real83(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
That "African mentality" that says that a man must be the breadwinner of the home has destroyed so many lives and marriages. No woman sees anything wrong when a man provides everything for eternity, but the whole world turns upside down if a woman provides, even for a short time shocked. This is what is turning the modern Nigerian ladies to parasites and liabilities , this mentality needs to change. Asian women who earn more that Nigerian women abroad still respect their husbands and manage their homes when they earn more than their husbands, unlike Nigerian women who suddenly turn to demigoddesses immediately they start earning above their husbands embarassed

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Klass99(f): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by kkins25(m): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided

Where is it indicated in the medical logs or DSM-5 that depression can lead to one having murderous intent? Una go just dey open mouth pla, pla, pla. Having suicidal ideation is not the same as having murderous intentions. This man was clearly bitter and that has nothing to do with depression. undecided

Are you saying there are no exceptions?

A 2015 population study in Sweden found that people diagnosed with depression were roughly three times more likely than the general population to commit violent crimes including robbery, sexual offenses, and assault.
When people with depression do commit a crime, mental illness is typically not the only contributing factor. More often, it’s a combination of certain risk factors that make a vulnerable person feel that violence is necessary. Such factors include:

---Experiencing domestic violence
---Exposure to violence in childhood
---Socioeconomic stress
---Substance use
https://www.verywellmind.com/is-depression-linked-to-violence-1067393
https://doi.org/10.1016/s2215-0366%2814%2900128-x

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by Popesuccess(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
yinkus6750:
RIP in advance to you.
I feel for him honestly. He should have just move on.

1 Like

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by drmikeadams(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
OGIBRA:
Moral lesson:-

Also Build yourself while building others

Moral lesson...
The greatest quote of all time from the great nairalander (mosdii).."Nigerian girls are useless,all of them" grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by cococandy(f): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Now someone is talking! undecided
Thank you.

You know, one time I paid $450 for a guy to give me a professional hair cut and coloring with a few wefts clipped in. Extra for the coloring and You still tip them. Young boy of around 23 years old.
But of course he’s not Nigerian so it’s not beneath him to do hair.

My braider doesn’t charge less than $200 for any braiding hairstyle. Women come here see these opportunities and take them. some African men come and think it’s beneath them.

Then that woman is in the store all day trying to make money and he’s upset she comes back late probably because no one made dinner while she was hustling. If he hustled too, their income might be higher and they could both be home on time to take care of their kids.

Their story shows no signs of collaboration. No evidence of leadership on his part. He didn’t come up with a game plan to see how he can reduce the burden of breadwinning and home keeping (which I’m sure fell entirely on her) and that way they can have time to enjoy each other as a married couple. After-all what’s the point in marriage if you’re not enjoying your partner? He didn’t think of that.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy by cococandy(f): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
The problem is when the women provide, the men usually don’t step in to fill in the gap that’s left open from the women being away hustling to provide.

They call it emasculation. Taking care of their own family

oz4real83:
That "African mentality" that says that a man must be the breadwinner of the home has destroyed so many lives and marriages. No woman sees anything wrong when a man provides everything for eternity, but the whole world turns upside down if a woman provides, even for a short time shocked. This is what is turning the modern Nigerian ladies to parasites and liabilities , this mentality needs to change. Asian women who earn more that Nigerian women abroad still respect their husbands and manage their homes when they earn more than their husbands, unlike Nigerian women who suddenly turn to demigoddesses immediately they start earning above their husbands embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children? / Domesticating Nigerian Men / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.