Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. (19223 Views)

Moment Mexico Arrest Entire Police Force Of A Town Over Murder(pics) / What You Really Need To Know About Police Force Around The World(Photos) / My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Henrypraise: 12:20am On Sep 27, 2023
When a catholic bishop said the judges of the Supreme court are not from Singapore but scions of same badly bred Nigerians, some persons nodded in unionism because their ox was in the fight, not really because we hoped to do better or adapt to cause change.

Once same Nigerians are opporturned to stand in the podium of power to make decisions, the wrong choices are always made.

Today, I was in a shuttle on my way to koka coming from Asaba Airport, as we approached Mariam Babangida junction, some rag tag looking group of government armed men flagged us, I quickly scanned for badges, squad title and possible name/ number tags, the only remarkable identity I saw was anti cult vest donned by a gun wielding, young "officer".

While I was doing my mental scan, I became at ease when he spoke calmly and explained they are on a survey mission and if the shuttle driver wouldn't mind, he should pack and stop for a few survey questions. Immediately this "officer" spoke calmly, the guys inside the shuttle with me raised their voices and became instantly rebellious, I reclused myself mentally from the revolt and watched the psychological defeat of Nigerians who everyday cry for better synergy and treatment between civil and forced individuals...

I bet if the "officer" had spoken in the normal NPF fashion, no one would have been motivated to say pim. The best would have been to murmur and curse under one's breath...

It was when the shuttle developed fault just a few meters away that I knew all the talk of "I am late for work" bla bla bla were just shalaye and yen yen yen put together, people who were in a hurry couldn't come down to board another shuttle for 100 naira... Everyone including yours sincerely had to wait for the driver to trouble shoot.

So in a nutshell, do you think Nigerians
will be more responsible and cooperative when talked to with respect and courtesy Or rebellion will increase

108 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Artiiclebeast: 12:24am On Sep 27, 2023
The government and those within it's circles aren't in any way separate nor can they be separated from the citizens/governed.

The government is a selection of citizens who graduate to positions of governance.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by LikeAking: 12:28am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians are animals…

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by RepoMan007: 1:21am On Sep 27, 2023
From family to open society, na so.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Westerhoffe(m): 4:23am On Sep 27, 2023
undecided
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by ILoveFaith: 4:24am On Sep 27, 2023
Any Nigerian with an ample opportunity is a beast

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by illicit(m): 5:21am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians like to prey on the weak

When a Nigerian speaks softly, other Nigerians might take them for granted

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Neddstark: 5:41am On Sep 27, 2023
Talking softly is a weakness in a jungle society like Nigeria.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by creativehubb: 5:52am On Sep 27, 2023
Most Nigerians do not know how to act, they act like hungry chickens, a particular group and region are pro anti establishment. Respect everyone, police or not.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by epondudu: 6:19am On Sep 27, 2023
Henrypraise:
When a catholic bishop said the judges of the Supreme court are not from Singapore but scions of same badly bred Nigerians, some persons nodded in unionism because their ox was in the fight, not really because we hoped to do better or adapt to cause change.

Once same Nigerians are opporturned to stand in the podium of power to make decisions, the wrong choices are always made.

Today, I was in a shuttle on my way to koka coming from Asaba Airport, as we approached Mariam Babangida junction, some rag tag looking group of government armed men flagged us, I quickly scanned for badges, squad title and possible name/ number tags, the only remarkable identity I saw was anti cult vest donned by a gun wielding, young "officer".

While I was doing my mental scan, I became at ease when he spoke calmly and explained they are on a survey mission and if the shuttle driver wouldn't mind, he should pack and stop for a few survey questions. Immediately this "officer" spoke calmly, the guys inside the shuttle with me raised their voices and became instantly rebellious, I reclused myself mentally from the revolt and watched the psychological defeat of Nigerians who everyday cry for better synergy and treatment between civil and forced individuals...

I bet if the "officer" had spoken in the normal NPF fashion, no one would have been motivated to say pim. The best would have been to murmur and curse under one's breath...

It was when the shuttle developed fault just a few meters away that I knew all the talk of "I am late for work" bla bla bla were just shalaye and yen yen yen put together, people who were in a hurry couldn't come down to board another shuttle for 100 naira... Everyone including yours sincerely had to wait for the driver to trouble shoot.

So in a nutshell, do you think Nigerians
will be more responsible and cooperative when talked to with respect and courtesy Or rebellion will increase
Op....this matter is simple every Nigerian will have to go for a proper orientation on how to address the police with respect. It is part of the NPF policy, they trained their men to respect the citizens but the way we behave toward them is very terrible.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by wittywriter: 6:42am On Sep 27, 2023
In Nigeria there is a high level of MENTAL INSTABILITY! the root course is'nt far fetched; poverty of the mind.
It will get worse because it's now mixed with other social vices such as lacking-courtesy, unruliness, nepotism & tribalism.
Even here that is seemingly a faceless platform!, u see it been exhibited expressly...imaging it that @Seun Osewa and his tech team enabled a VN/VM for NL?! Lolz SMH.

OP you've done well bringing up such sensitive discuss @ NL moderators i.e please kindly do the needful for more wider discuss and i hope some persons get to read and become learned.

Wittyness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Goodman2023: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
I dey come
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by saphiere(f): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
We want to see a female IGP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by JASONjnr(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Op

We've been programmed on a default to see police officers as a threat to life or as extortionist at every given time.

The calmly spoken officer will move from there to asking for particulars and then asking everyone to step down for a routine check and looking for a weakling to accuse and get dimes from.

Mostly, the devil comes with a smiling face, whenever he's coming to destroy you.

Never trust any police official.

And why should anti-cultism force be on the roadside?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by datopaper(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians need a national orientation

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by kenbee(f): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Ok
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by N3TRAL: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians seem to dismiss diplomacy, gentleman behaviour and patience as weakness.

The archaic philosophy that "it is better to be feared than to be loved" still applies in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Obyangel: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Truth is nobody is happy with Nigeria police, same way people are not happy with APC govt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:
Nigerians are animals…

Hian grin
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by DMerciful(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians are generally too aggressive!
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by NaijaCover(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2023
Cha E!
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Triangles1(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2023
The same us complaining about Nigeria police, if we join them we will act in the same manner.

Meanwhile some of them are good, depends on your manner of approach.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by allen113: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Truth be told majority of Nigerians are rude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by kereman1: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2023
See a plot by the NPF to redeem their battered image, is it right for an armed govt official to be dressed as a rascal, imagine this team accosting you at night, u might think them to be kidnappers, in the act of trying to escape them u might ram into something, or drive into a lagoon, then news will carry it that notorious arm robber neutralize by the gallant officers of the NPL

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2023
The Osimhen situation is a real shame
Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2023
So you met a policeman who spoke calmly and, maybe 3 passengers who replied roughly and all of a sudden, they are nice and angels from heaven?

What about the number of times Nigerians were calm and cooperative and policemen refused to do otherwise? What about the times Nigerians were stereotyped just for their hairstyle and for having beards?

I was in a Keke few Sundays back and a young guy was asked to alight... Asked where he was heading to for him to dress that way (he wore senator with palm o)... Asked to empty his bag, empty his pocket and open his phone. He asked them to empty his bag themselves in the glare of everyone that he doesn't want accidental discharge say them think say him wan comot gun or any other frivolous reasons... Refused to open his phone asking why they wanted to check it

The boss in the police van had to wave to the subordinates to allow him go, seeing that we in the Keke refused to leave the guy and zoom off as requested

This is what happens CONSTANTLY and just because you met a policeman who spoke calmly, you're now trying to twist the narrative... E be like say you no well abi? (No insults intended)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by oyeb15: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2023
I rather spare a Snake than a Nigerian Policeman.

Their extinction will be a relief to a peaceful society.

They are simply a tool anyone can use at any point in time. Once u can settle well.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by southsouthking(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2023
Only the responsible ones should be called police, the rest are olokpas.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigeria Police Force Today. by akosy(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2023
T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Police Officers Killed At Bayelsa Police Station By Gunmen / Man Who Stole Fish Caught And Beaten Mercilessly (Photos) / Mother Pours Hot Water On Son In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.