Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth (14839 Views)

Glo Blackberry Comonth 3GB Slashed To 1GB / How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction / Glo Comonth On Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Responding without knowledge is not good. I use Glo Comonth and i get full value for my money, browsing, watching youtube, downloading, etc I do all without a single extra kobo leaving my phone.

The fact is that RIM did not limit the operation of Blackberries to BIS/BES alone; if you choose not to use either you can still get online albeit you will miss out on their security and other features (BBM for example).

Anyone who has his/her credits being deducted is simply short changing his/her self. Its a very simple thing to check your settings and rectify especially is you use OS6.
please how do u watch you tube without being charged? I can't watch youtube videos if I don't have credit on my phone.anyting to activate or deactivate?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2011
@dan_dollar
I proved it yesterday on my phone that if any other active app (e.g. Facebook, Opera) is trying to access the net at the same time you are trying to watch a youtube video you will get an error message.

For creditless watching you need to disable APN settings. If you use 2go you probably have this enabled so its either you 2go and not watch youtube or you youtube and no 2go. You can't do both simultaneously creditless. I also assume we are talking Blackberry here. Other phones must use APN settings or they can't access the internet at all so for those other phones its best you have a mobile internet plan before you watch youtube.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
@dan dollar

Do you work at glo, which kain defending be this>>>>
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2011
Ranks007:

@dan dollar

Do you work at glo, which kain defending be this>>>>
what defending are you refering to? I'm lost.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Again, why does my download fail, @36% even with a download speed of 140Kb/s? I'm so pissed right now. angry
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2011
@dan dollar
What site are you downloading from?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2011
dan_dollar:

what defending are you refering to? I'm lost.

What does this mean once you open Blackberry protect, STATUS: Your Wireless service plan does not include blackberry protect. Then I clicked the message and it reads below:

The service plan for your blackberry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan!

That's when I initially complained Glo Comonth doesn't look to cover the all applications on my bb, what do you have to say dan dollar?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@dan dollar
What site are you downloading from?
was trying to download movies from mobilemovies.net.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ranks007:

What does this mean once you open Blackberry protect, STATUS: Your Wireless service plan does not include blackberry protect. Then I clicked the message and it reads below:

The service plan for your blackberry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan!

That's when I initially complained Glo Comonth doesn't look to cover the all applications on my bb, what do you have to say dan dollar?
I don't really know about this blackberry protect stuff.I've not tried it yet.I'l download and try it when next the icon appears on my home screen and see what message I get.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nymphnode(m): 4:48am On Oct 27, 2011
O ga o
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:51am On Oct 28, 2011
@Ranks007
Start the Blackberry Protect app then press the menu button and choose support information. Take a screen shot and post it here.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:58am On Oct 28, 2011
@dan dollar
Try using ucweb it has an excellent download manager that supports resume on downloads.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by alorauzoms(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Glo hs bn deductin ma credit since 2day, even wit ma APN disabled. Na waoooo
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 12:47am On Oct 29, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@dan dollar
Try using ucweb it has an excellent download manager that supports resume on downloads.

( cheesy )

/ \ ,
' ‎​.  thanx! Man, you'v solved my problem.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2011
@alorauzoms
Try this:
open your browser >> options>> i think general
options >> u'l see sumthing like browser
recognition, swithc it to blackberry,
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
@lord_reed, please how do I stream videos on youtube just with BIS, without credit?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
@dan_dollar
Do what I said to alorauzoms ,d for good measure disable the APN settings (re-enable if you use 2go).

Make sure no other app is accessing the internet (do a battery pull if necessary) then open your default browser and go to youtube site. Note that for me I have experienced a crappy streaming on EDGEn best streaming results I have had are whem I'm on 3G.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2011
@lord reeds
My APN settings has always been disabled.I don't use 2go or oda apps that require APN settings.I didn't see where I cud change browser recognition to blackberry on browser options
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 4:23am On Oct 30, 2011
What phone and OS are you using?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by dandollar1: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2011
BB Curve 9300, OS6
Lord_Reed:

What phone and OS are you using?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2011
Pls can someone address the youtube thing. I can only stream when I have air time. It keeps showing error without airtime.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2011
@blink
Have you performed the steps I outlined?

@dan
Ok OS6 doesn't have that setting I suppose it automatically detects what you are using.

Make sure no other app is accessing the internet at the internet at the same time or you will be getting error message.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2011
Reed I did it all but they exhausted my credit, Now the video shows error. I was really enjoying the streaming. Is there anyother thing I cantry
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
@blink182
Whats your device and OS?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
9530 I don't know the OS
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2011
Have you tried this:
In the default browser press the bb key > Options. In the General section, below Prompt Before, clear the Switching to Carrier Network for Streaming Media check box.

Alternatively post a screenshot of your default browser settings and your overall BB Options settings.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2011
Here's mine:

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
I do not have that option

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
And,

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
Same here

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
@blink182
Do this

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Mobile Network.
3. Press the Menu key.
4. Click Diagnostics Test.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Run.

& Post the results lets compare
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
Here but I have more pressing issue now. My phone has refused to charge. I believe its just too early for this to be happening. My charger pin won't fit properly too to charge. Had to use my nokia data cable which worked only yesterday and for sometime today, now the phone shows charging but is not charging. I bought this phone to access cheap data and its already giving me reasons to regret.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 "Not Registered On Network" Problem / Tether Your Bb To Pc With 1k 3gb Glo Bis / How To Call (flash) A Number Without Having Airtime On Your SIM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.